PDA

View Full Version : is all Whey powder the same?

oval61251
06-14-2007, 03:08 PM
I have been reading that ON is pretty good. However, today i found a tub of some other Whey protien (dont remember the name) at work. Should i not use it and just go with ON?

pologod05
06-14-2007, 03:09 PM
all proteins will have a different mix of fats, carbs, protein and amino acids per serving. it varies by the company.

rawjohn
06-14-2007, 03:18 PM
No not all proteins are all the same. They all vary in terms of fat, sugars, calories, protein, and amino acids. The type of protein as well varies as far as is it an isolate, blend, or casein. The flavors and choice of flavors are different as well. Plus there is the price difference. You have to figure out what would be best for you and you goals.

oval61251
06-14-2007, 05:10 PM
thanks guys

The Solution
06-14-2007, 05:21 PM
yeah take that jug at work and try it out.. protein is protein.. but they vary in their macros.. thats just the big difference

ON Is popular because it has a great taste/price and because of the ingrediants it comprises making it such a popular brand

me personally if u want to order up some good protein 5lbs of ABB Pure Pro is about 21-23 dollars online..

or if you are a member at Sams/Costco they have EAS Protein 6lbs for about 24 bucks

those are just some of my reccomendations that are cheap and easy to get ur hands on.. maybe take them into consideration

ON Whey is definitely the peoples choice though.. ive heard the chocolate flavors are the way to go.. i woulndt know tho i never had any chocolate flavor of ON just vanialla

grapemaster
06-14-2007, 05:23 PM
simple

if you aren't li(lactose intolerant), get a wpc(whey protein concentrate (the cheap stuff)) that you can stomach taste wise.

if you arent, get a wpi (whey protein isolate/no lactose).

the minimal differences won't mean **** in between, its already powdered supplement... and prolly a bit denatured

that being said, flavoring systems vary greatly.

the end.

Skull Crusher Chris
06-14-2007, 05:25 PM
TP is the way to go IMO