:confused:

TranceNRG
08-16-2004, 01:33 PM

cowboyathlete
08-16-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by pogue

Why is this bad for germany? Good question, especially since it involves troops around the world and not just Germany.

unity
08-16-2004, 01:44 PM

bts327
08-16-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Big_Wheels
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040816/D84GDP9O0.html

Hehaw!

Serves the dumbasses right.

Americanus?, is that you?

pogue
08-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by bts327
Americanus?, is that you?

Yep. He still can't seem to form coherent posts.

Power-Quest
08-17-2004, 09:43 AM
I think it does hurt Germany , just heard this morning that our bases in germany are a major support to there economy , also germany will have to account for the missing protection from US bases.

Skrape
08-17-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by pogue

Why is this bad for germany?

Most of the US troops in Europe are stationed in Germany, and therefore when they leave, thousands of jobs will be lost.

Power-Quest
08-17-2004, 09:49 AM
Monday, Aug. 16, 2004
Oh, Now the Germans Like America

Hooray! The U.S. is pulling troops out of ungrateful Saddam-loving Germany, and dollar-addicted Old Europeans are in moaning as their withdrawal symptoms begin.

"Base closures would hit us very hard," fretted Ole Kruse, spokesman for the Bavarian city of Wuerzburg, home of the U.S. Army's 1st Infantry Division.

Baumholder, a town in rural western Germany, will lose $150 million a year if the U.S. military training area leaves, Mayor Volkmar Pees complained today to the Associated Press.

"We view this with great concern," Bamberg spokesman Steffen Schuetzewohl chimed in.

Tough luck, Germans. Should've thought of that before you launched all those vicious anti-U.S. demonstrations!

teewoods
08-17-2004, 11:54 AM
The leading power in Europe is going to suffer cos American troops are leaving their soil? hahahaha pls!!

Infact i know many of my German friends who would be happy. They never really saw the point in having US troops loitering around their country doing NOTHING but run after their women.

This is the only thing i would ever commend Bush on. Its time Americans stay on their own soil.

Oh and what really is Bush's real motive? more troops for the middle east? ir is thr strain begining to show on your massive defence budget?

unity
08-17-2004, 12:56 PM
the massive redeployment of troops isnt exactly bushes idea. it is something that has been in discussion for about 10 years. in fact, there will be no major redeployment until around 2006. i dont think what is happening in the middle east at this moment was the biggest factor in making this decision.

but yes, germany can be hurt by a military base shutting down. when the bases in the phillipines shut down, a lot of people lost thier jobs and it hurt the economy there.

Power-Quest
08-17-2004, 01:41 PM
Yes it has been in the works long before bush came along , and it will take a decade to complete , it is a smart military move, you position your troops were they will be most effective for defense and offense , that many troops are no longer needed in Europe , no need to save the French anymore.

And i am sure that a lot of American dollars are spent on many things by the soldiers on there time off.
Baumholder, a town in rural western Germany, will lose $150 million a year if the U.S. military training area leaves, Mayor Volkmar Pees complained today to the Associated Press.

So don't tell me if your town was out that money it would not impact them maybe even cause them to loose there buisness depending on there line of work.

hiphop
08-17-2004, 02:29 PM
well i personally see this as more of a europe can look after itself now and is also well on its way to becoming a s.power on its own.

not to mention that the USA dreadful foreign policy has now caught up with it and they are fighting several battles on several fronts.