PDA

View Full Version : kt's journal

Pages : [1] 2

katiedids
06-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm starting a journal because I know it will help me reach my goals. Just having a place to write things out, get feedback and motivation will really help. I plan to use it to document my diet and exercise everyday. Here goes:

Goal #1: 170 by August 31
Goal #2: 135 by December 30

Stats: 5'4, 206lbs, body fat % no idea but I do measure using a measuring tape (scales can be deceitful little things)

Diet: 1500-1800 calories and I try to stay between 100-120 grams of carbs per day. I tried 2300 cals/day, then 2000, etc and i didn?t start losing until i was eating b/w 1500-1800.

Exercise: I'm actually pretty disciplined about working out. I lift (fullbody) twice a week, go to spinning and yoga classes, and of course, do cardio.

Today: Diet was a little off because one of my biggest pitfalls is not eating enough during the day and end up really hungry at night.

9am
1/2 cup eggbeaters
1 boca burger

12:30pm
1 cup brown rice
1 cup homemade veggie chili (black and kidney beans, zucchini, tomatoes, onions, red pepper, garlic and spices)

2pm
1/2 grapefruit
2 tbsp almond butter

5:30pm
Dried fruit and nut mix, about 2 handfuls

(this is where it gets bad)
6pm
Jenni-O turkey burger on whole wheat bun w/ ketchup & mustard (I usually dont use ketchup)

(this is where it gets really, really bad)
10pm
1 flat bread toasted with fresh mozzarella cheese, mustard
1/4 cup brown rice with olive oil and pepper
1 banana

Workout: 1 hour of yoga, 30min incline on treadmill 3.2mph

fingers crossed....

katiedids
06-13-2007, 05:45 AM
I'm tired today. I've been really anxious this week, so my normal 8-9hrs of sleep has dropped to 5-6hrs. I've realized that sitting at a desk all day is probably the most depressing thing in the world. maybe i should work construction :-)

Today's meals/workout:

8am
2cups strawberries
1 scoop vanilla whey
1tbsp flaxseed oil

11am
1/2 cup eggbeaters
2 slices turkey bacon

1:30pm
1 cup brown rice
1 chicken breast (small/medium)

4:30pm
1 can tuna

6:30pm
50min spinning class

7:45pm
1 chicken breast
1 cup broccoli
1/2 cup carrots

cawiau
06-13-2007, 06:16 AM
You seemed to have everything down.

I would suggest instead of a full body twice a week to make it 3 times a week.
Also, are you using the spinning class as your cardio (I do sometime) and if yes, how many times a week do you go?
Third, do you have any other sort of cardio?

And finally, I would revised your goal for August.
At you weight, the healthier way to lose weight would be 1-2 lbs per week (1% of bodyweight per week).
So that would put you at about 20 lbs by August 31, max I would say 25 if the weight drop a little quicker at the beginning.
You have a goal to drop 36 lbs....might be a little to excessive.

Take care!
and I wish you the best.

katiedids
06-13-2007, 06:35 AM
You seemed to have everything down.

I would suggest instead of a full body twice a week to make it 3 times a week.
Also, are you using the spinning class as your cardio (I do sometime) and if yes, how many times a week do you go?
Third, do you have any other sort of cardio?

And finally, I would revised your goal for August.
At you weight, the healthier way to lose weight would be 1-2 lbs per week (1% of bodyweight per week).
So that would put you at about 20 lbs by August 31, max I would say 25 if the weight drop a little quicker at the beginning.
You have a goal to drop 36 lbs....might be a little to excessive.

Take care!
and I wish you the best.

yay! reply! thanks!

Yes, I use spinning as part of my cardio routine. I was going once a week, but this is the first week I'll start going twice (unless the instructor sucks tonight, then I will have to re-think. Spinning with a bad instructor is the worst)

For cardio I also use the stairmaster (moving stairs one), treadmill on an incline, and the arc trainer (like an elliptical, but you can adjust the steepness of your stride). AND as of last week, I started running outside. I'm the worst runner EVER, but I CAN run, so I'm going to continue to see how that goes. I'm pretty good at getting cardio in, I have a kickazz playlist on my ipod.

Regarding the fullbody, great advice to up it to 3x/week. I'll be honest; I'm still intimidated going upstairs in my gym to the free-weight section. It's where all the big boys are. They have nautilus machines downstairs that I use when upstairs is crazy. But I def, without question, get up there once, sometimes twice, a week.

Yes, my first goal is a little out there, but I'm hoping to pull a few big weeks here and there. I'd be happy at 175 :-)

cawiau
06-13-2007, 06:44 AM
Yes, I use spinning as part of my cardio routine. I was going once a week, but this is the first week I'll start going twice (unless the instructor sucks tonight, then I will have to re-think. Spinning with a bad instructor is the worst)

Tell me about it! ;) That is why I only go when my favorite instructor is there.
Also the music is a big factor for me.

For cardio I also use the stairmaster (moving stairs one), treadmill on an incline, and the arc trainer (like an elliptical, but you can adjust the steepness of your stride). AND as of last week, I started running outside. I'm the worst runner EVER, but I CAN run, so I'm going to continue to see how that goes. I'm pretty good at getting cardio in, I have a kickazz playlist on my ipod.

Wow!!! that is a nice cardio schedule. I would try to change it as much as you can so you don't get bored. Me I am trying to do cardio 7 days a week, but just for 30-45 minutes.
I would advise you to do cardio at least 5 days a work, it is good for your body, your heart and will help you reach your goals. So keep at it.

Regarding the fullbody, great advice to up it to 3x/week. I'll be honest; I'm still intimidated going upstairs in my gym to the free-weight section. It's where all the big boys are. They have nautilus machines downstairs that I use when upstairs is crazy. But I def, without question, get up there once, sometimes twice, a week.

You sound like my fiancee. The gym at her school (Hoftstra) is set the same way and she always saying that the girls are downstairs and the boys upstairs. Like it is a class thing, girls don't mix with boys.
Seriously, just go up there, crack the musix up and do your workouts. Just mind your own business and go at it.
So try to get the courage at least 3 times a week :D

Yes, my first goal is a little out there, but I'm hoping to pull a few big weeks here and there. I'd be happy at 175 :-)

Ok, just remember goals are made to be re-adjusted. SO don't be discouraged if you don't reach it, just take a step back and re-adjust your goals for next time.

Good luck, you are doing great so far.

katiedids
06-13-2007, 10:39 AM
Thanks Cawiau!! Really helpful. I would rep you, but, well I don't know how to do that, and it would do you no good.

Ok, ate lunch. Brown rice was hard, it's been in the fridge for a few days and I didnt sprinkle water on it before putting in the microwave (usually does the trick) ate it anyway.

I'm thinking of adding 2tbsp of almond butter today, because I'm hungry today and I'm going to spinning tonight, and also, I'm low on cals for the day. I'm hesitant to eat it though b/c someone once told me that things like almond/peanut butter, and whey should be used to gain, not lose, weight. We'll see.

I dodged going out to dinner with friends tonight, just not worth it. :-)

I'm going to walk down the street to buy a bottle of water. Not that I need the bottle of water (huge water cooler at work) but I really don't want to just sit at my desk all day.

Quickxi
06-13-2007, 03:51 PM
never had almond butter, is it any good? Do you eat it on something or with something? I like almonds, does it taste similar to that?

katiedids
06-13-2007, 06:51 PM
never had almond butter, is it any good? Do you eat it on something or with something? I like almonds, does it taste similar to that?

Almond butter is great! it tastes like natural peanut butter but not as sweet/rich (the exact same consistency though). def like almonds. i started eating it for two reasons; one because i was reading how good almonds are for you and it's a nice change up from eating whole almonds, and two, because i like peanut butter way too much and it was too dangerous to have around!

I either just eat it with a spoon out of the jar or on spelt rice cakes. they are whole grain rice cakes made from spelt (it's a type of grain) and add almost nothing to my macros for the day (yay!) theyre 25 cals, 4 carbs. i use them soley as a vessel for the almond butter. it would be great on toast too.

katiedids
06-13-2007, 07:04 PM
so i ended up adding 2tbsp of almond butter today and not eating the tuna (oops) so of course i was really hungry after work and i ate a handful of pita chips (Stacy's, so good) could have been worse. fit into my cals for the day.

i got ANOTHER invite to dinner tonight (wtf? can people just stay home to eat please?!?! too much temptation!!) to my favorite thai restaurant none the less. i DECLINED and took my ass to spinning instead. let me tell you how much i didnt feel like going to spinning tonight. i was soooo tired and this restaurant is soooo so so so good. really, it's that good.

so go me for going to spinning instead, and sweating up a storm. and then getting stuck in a thunderstorm leaving. but it was worth it, i felt great after class :-)

natescope
06-13-2007, 07:05 PM
Go up and use the free weights, that's where all the serious people are, no offense. Those people actually have goals, you'll see them busting their ass and it'll motivate you to do the same. Problem is most of 'em don't have a clue about nutrition, don't see results, but that gets them to work harder. They aren't going to jugde you if they see you giving max effort.

good luck

katiedids
06-13-2007, 07:29 PM
Go up and use the free weights, that's where all the serious people are, no offense. Those people actually have goals, you'll see them busting their ass and it'll motivate you to do the same. Problem is most of 'em don't have a clue about nutrition, don't see results, but that gets them to work harder. They aren't going to jugde you if they see you giving max effort.

good luck

thanks! yeah, i def go up there at least once or twice a week, but i know i really have to be better about trying to go up there two to three times instead.

It just sucks sometimes when there is a group of 10 guys that all know each other and it feels like they are using everything. I'm scared i'm going to do something dumb like re-stack plates in the wrong place or something. it's dumb, i know. I'll absolutely be up there tomorrow afternoon though. I never let it make me miss a workout or anything.

cawiau
06-13-2007, 07:54 PM
thanks! yeah, i def go up there at least once or twice a week, but i know i really have to be better about trying to go up there two to three times instead.

It just sucks sometimes when there is a group of 10 guys that all know each other and it feels like they are using everything. I'm scared i'm going to do something dumb like re-stack plates in the wrong place or something. it's dumb, i know. I'll absolutely be up there tomorrow afternoon though. I never let it make me miss a workout or anything.

That is the thing, you need to stop worrying about it.
Do like me, walk in there with a mean face and start working out.
When I am in the gym nobody ever says hi to me because it seems that I am mad at hell.
Good thing because this way I get my work out done.
And don't worry about making a mistake...everyone had one at least once.

katiedids
06-13-2007, 08:07 PM
That is the thing, you need to stop worrying about it.
Do like me, walk in there with a mean face and start working out.
When I am in the gym nobody ever says hi to me because it seems that I am mad at hell.
Good thing because this way I get my work out done.
And don't worry about making a mistake...everyone had one at least once.

nice, then i'll be the mean girl who doesnt know what she's doing! j/k

yeah, no question. i'm not going to let it stop me from lifting or anything. I really think i just need to keep learning about how to lift so i'll be more confident in what i'm doing.

cawiau
06-13-2007, 08:27 PM
nice, then i'll be the mean girl who doesnt know what she's doing! j/k

yeah, no question. i'm not going to let it stop me from lifting or anything. I really think i just need to keep learning about how to lift so i'll be more confident in what i'm doing.

Do you know the exercises section on bodybuilding?
If not, let me know will post a link.
They have every exercise under the sun, with pictures and videos.
This way you can start researching everything and put your own workout together or pick one already there.

katiedids
06-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Do you know the exercises section on bodybuilding?
If not, let me know will post a link.
They have every exercise under the sun, with pictures and videos.
This way you can start researching everything and put your own workout together or pick one already there.

this? http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=901853

this will def be really really helpful, thanks ALOT!

I'm going to read thru it tomorrow. I hope it goes over what exercises/muscles to group together. i'm still a little confused on that.

cawiau
06-13-2007, 08:40 PM
this? http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=901853

this will def be really really helpful, thanks ALOT!

I'm going to read thru it tomorrow. I hope it goes over what exercises/muscles to group together. i'm still a little confused on that.

Yes and the next two :

----->the body part you want to work than exercises that goes with it.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm

-----> The different workouts
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/workout.htm

Have fun:)

katiedids
06-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Yes and the next two :

----->the body part you want to work than exercises that goes with it.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm

-----> The different workouts
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/workout.htm

Have fun:)

wow...thanks!! i guess i know what i'm doing tomorrow! get ready for questions from me!!

cawiau
06-13-2007, 09:11 PM
wow...thanks!! i guess i know what i'm doing tomorrow! get ready for questions from me!!

good and I will be here waiting to answer them :)

katiedids
06-14-2007, 06:51 AM
good and I will be here waiting to answer them :)

thanks!! :-)

Ok, here's today's plan:

9:45am (I haven't eaten yet today. Just haven't been hungry)
1/2 cup eggbeaters
2 slices turkey bacon

1pm
1/2 cup brown rice
1 cup black beans
2 tbsp organic extra spicy salsa

3pm
2 boca burgers (I need something portable b/c I'll be out of the office at a mtg at 2pm)

4-5pm 1 hour fullbody lifting (maybe some cardio after, but I've been doing alot of cardio this week)

7pm
1 salmon fillet (about 6oz)
1 cup broccoli
1 cup tofu noodles
1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3tbsp fresh parm

ends up being about 40% protien, 40% fat, 20% carbs for the day

my job fluctuates based on what projects are going on. I have some downtime this morning so I'm going to read up in the exercise section.

katiedids
06-14-2007, 08:18 AM
wow..so there is so much info in those exercise links. it's def going to take me a while to sort thru it all. here is one question, that's a little difficult to explain...

what's the difference/benefits from doing all your sets for each exercise back to back (3 sets chest press, followed by 3 sets leg extension, etc) as opposed to doing little circuits where you do one set of three different exercises (one set step ups, followed by one set chest press, then one set tricep pulldowns and then back to step ups, chest press, tricep, etc until you complete three sets on each)? details/background below:

when i first started at the gym, i had several sessions w/ a trainer (i still have a bunch that i need to use up) she's great and everything, but really never wanted to 'teach' me anything, or explain how and why i was doing the exercises in that particular order, etc. def wants me to be dependent on her so i keep buying sessions instead of doing it on my own.

so the workout she uses with me is fullbody. and just like i wrote above, we'll start with something like:
1 set (25 reps) step ups with either 15 or 24 lbs in each hand
1 set (40 reps) abs, usually swiss ball crunches w/ medicine ball
1 set (25 reps) rows (with the elastic band)
then go back and do another set of step ups and go thru the circuit again. once i finish the second set of step ups, she'll add a third so it would be:
2nd of abs
2nd of rows
1st set of tricep pulldowns

on and on until i've worked everything out. but i have no idea how or why she groups certain exercises together. i.e why step ups, abs and rows and not step ups, abs and chest press? i hope the exercise section will give me some answers. most of the workouts there though seem to advocate doing all your sets for one exercise and then moving on to the next.

really long, confusing post, but i think i just needed to get it on paper.

cawiau
06-14-2007, 10:12 AM
thanks!! :-)
ends up being about 40% protien, 40% fat, 20% carbs for the day

Hey, you have the diet down!!!
I wish I was that good :)

katiedids
06-14-2007, 10:19 AM
Hey, you have the diet down!!!
I wish I was that good :)

I know, it's hard right?? i've noticed that if i stick to one serving of carbs a day (not including fruits/veggies), that my macros ususally fall into place.

weekends are the worst for me. i swear, there are bbq's and parties every single day of the weekends now. that's why i'm going to schedule weigh ins for sunday or monday morning.

cawiau
06-14-2007, 10:28 AM
what's the difference/benefits from doing all your sets for each exercise back to back (3 sets chest press, followed by 3 sets leg extension, etc) as opposed to doing little circuits where you do one set of three different exercises (one set step ups, followed by one set chest press, then one set tricep pulldowns and then back to step ups, chest press, tricep, etc until you complete three sets on each)?

Some people like circuit training, I just hate it.
I believe the benefit of it is that you keep on working out with no rest time, which keep your heart rate up. Me I hate it because you keep on moving all over the place.

Let me explain : If you do 3 set of bench press (chest) back to back, you will have a rest time in between. I try to keep it between 1 to 2 minutes, no more.
Now if instead of doing that you do 1 set of bench press than you go do one set of leg extensions, you have no rest time in between. Because once you are done with the leg extension you are going to move back to another exercise.
Me, I try to get the same effect by just keeping my rest time as short as I can.

[/quote]on and on until i've worked everything out. but i have no idea how or why she groups certain exercises together. i.e why step ups, abs and rows and not step ups, abs and chest press? i hope the exercise section will give me some answers. most of the workouts there though seem to advocate doing all your sets for one exercise and then moving on to the next.[/QUOTE]

Usually when you are putting your own exercise together instead of just pulling one for the website, there is one idea to keep in mind :
--> Always put your more taxing exercise first.

Example : It is leg day. Don't go and do leg extension, leg curls and come and do squats all the way at the end.
Since squatting is your more taxing exercise, you want to do it first. Because if you leave it for the end, you will have no energy for it and thus not doing well.

--> So all major exercise that work all major groups goes first than everything after.
Examples : Bench Press
---------------->Squat
---------------> Deadlift

You see where I am going with this?
WIll try to answer any other question or if you want you can go to the exercise section of the forum and ask them there.

Good luck

katiedids
06-14-2007, 02:53 PM
As always, very helpful, thanks! and good call on posting in the exercise section..duh!

I'm def learning. Back and biceps go together and chest and triceps go together :-)

Yeah, I think thats def one of the reasons I've felt uncomfortable upstairs in the gym. B/c doing a fullbody routine, where I'm doing a circuit of three exercises, i feel like i'm ALL over the place and getting in the way.

It def gets easier everytime i'm up there, things are coming a little more naturally and it doesnt take me as long to figure out where i'm supposed to go next, how to readjust the bench, etc. So until then, i'm just going to keep going up there when i know it's not going to be so crowded up there. like today there was only 2 other people up there.

On that note, I did have a kickass lifting session (i increased my leg press to 3 45lb plates on each side) and I feel great now. tired but great

katiedids
06-15-2007, 06:23 AM
my body feels really heavy, almost bloated, like my muscles are holding onto water or something. def don't feel like i've lost weight. i'm not sore though.

i was going to go to the gym today, but it would be my 7th day in a row, so i'll take it as an off day. i am however, going out to dinner tonight. I've played around with my diet today and the closest i can get my macros are: 32% protien, 41% carbs, and 27% fat. i end up with 180 carbs, which is 60-80 over normal.

9:30am
1/2 cup eggbeaters
2 slices turkey bacon

12pm
whole wheat wrap (theyre awesome 100cals, 17g carbs, 10g protien, 7g fiber)
sliced turkey
2 oz cheddar cheese

3pm
6.5 oz tuna
1 medium grapefruit

dinner is probably going to be late, around 8pm. maybe i'll move the tuna or grapefruit to 6pm.

cawiau
06-15-2007, 06:50 AM
weekends are the worst for me. i swear, there are bbq's and parties every single day of the weekends now. that's why i'm going to schedule weigh ins for sunday or monday morning.

Weekends are hell on earth for me when it comes down to my diet.
If I dont' resist I usually blow my whole week of hard work in those 2 days,

cawiau
06-15-2007, 06:51 AM
my body feels really heavy, almost bloated, like my muscles are holding onto water or something. def don't feel like i've lost weight. i'm not sore though. .

Just give your body a few days to get rid of me.
By the way, enjoy your day off, you deserve it.
Have fun....but not too much fun :D

katiedids
06-15-2007, 07:05 AM
Weekends are hell on earth for me when it comes down to my diet.
If I dont' resist I usually blow my whole week of hard work in those 2 days,

no kidding. weekends are out of control, especially in the summer. i'm going out to dinner tonight, and i'm going to a bbq on sat AND sunday. i can def pick the healthiest options, but still, it's not the same as just cooking at home. guess who will be running on sat and lifting/running on sunday??

cawiau
06-15-2007, 07:09 AM
guess who will be running on sat and lifting/running on sunday??

and you wont be alone :D

katiedids
06-15-2007, 10:42 AM
and you wont be alone :D

Thanks for the reps!! they're like little presents! I never check that page and when I did, I had reps from 2 people. what fun.

3 1/2 hours until the weekend. omg. cannot wait. My office should be the set of a sitcom. I work with the most ridiculous people. this one woman i work with (i wont even get into her personality right now) walks around all the time talking about her diet. her doctor, so she says, put her on a 600-800 calorie a day diet. i take this w/ a grain of salt b/c this woman exaggerates EVERYTHING. so every day, she walks around the office MOANING like a dying animal "i'm soooooo hungry, i want chocolate" "omg....i'm so so so hungry" literally, walking around, all afternoon. moaning loudly. and whining. like she's dying. it's the most annoying thing ever. that paired w/ the gay guy i work with who's always complaining about food b/c it makes 'his bowels greasy'....it's enough to drive anyone insane. save me.

i just scheduled a 60min massage (had a gift card) on tuesday after work. I figured it would be a good time. i'm going to lift on sunday afternoon, go to spinning on monday night, and lift again on tues morning. the massage in the afternoon, and go to yoga after the massage. yoga is nice and stretchy.

well hopefully this gave someone something to read if youre as bored as i am at work right now....

cawiau
06-15-2007, 11:22 AM
3 1/2 hours until the weekend. omg. cannot wait. My office should be the set of a sitcom. I work with the most ridiculous people. this one woman i work with (i wont even get into her personality right now) walks around all the time talking about her diet. her doctor, so she says, put her on a 600-800 calorie a day diet. i take this w/ a grain of salt b/c this woman exaggerates EVERYTHING. so every day, she walks around the office MOANING like a dying animal "i'm soooooo hungry, i want chocolate" "omg....i'm so so so hungry" literally, walking around, all afternoon. moaning loudly. and whining. like she's dying. it's the most annoying thing ever. that paired w/ the gay guy i work with who's always complaining about food b/c it makes 'his bowels greasy'....it's enough to drive anyone insane. save me.

LOL :D
I wish I could save you but I need to be saved myself. I can't wait to be out of work.

i just scheduled a 60min massage (had a gift card) on tuesday after work. I figured it would be a good time. i'm going to lift on sunday afternoon, go to spinning on monday night, and lift again on tues morning. the massage in the afternoon, and go to yoga after the massage. yoga is nice and stretchy.

well hopefully this gave someone something to read if youre as bored as i am at work right now....

I envy you so much right now ;)
Enjoy the massage :)

katiedids
06-15-2007, 09:45 PM
dinner was good. i ate mainly chicken, egg noodles, and veggies. i knew i was going to be over my carbs today at about 188grams...the only thing i really didnt plan for was the alcohol...1 stella, 1 mojito and 3/4 of a screwdriver. oopies.

oh, and i had 2 hershey kisses.

maybe w/ all these carbs in my system i'll have an extra kickass cardio session tomorrow....:-)

cawiau
06-15-2007, 10:45 PM
maybe w/ all these carbs in my system i'll have an extra kickass cardio session tomorrow....:-)

We can keep our fingerd crossed:)
Good luck tomorow

katiedids
06-16-2007, 11:13 AM
ok so today was bbq #1 of the weekend. there was really nothing there that i could eat (really fatty meats, hotdogs, hamburgers, etc) so i ran up the street to whole foods and made a little salad:

cabbage slaw with slivered almonds, green onions, seasame seeds w/ a little bit of olive oil (about 1 cup)

black bean salad with a vinegrette (3/4 cup)

2 egg whites (there were oils in the vinegretts so i didnt eat the yolks)

3 oz tofu marinated a balsamic vinegrette

1 plum

so i didnt actually eat anything grilled...but whatever. there's another bbq tomorrow!

cawiau
06-16-2007, 01:39 PM
Nice save!!! :)
I would have actually given in and eat anything at the BBQ
My respect for you just went up by 5 points :D

katiedids
06-16-2007, 08:12 PM
Nice save!!! :)
I would have actually given in and eat anything at the BBQ
My respect for you just went up by 5 points :D

5 points??!?! dude...let me explain to you how good the food at the bbq looked. and i sat there watching everyone eating juicy cheeseburgers dripping with cheese, drinking beers and hard lemonades. and i ate my cabbage. yum. (actually it was pretty good)

another bbq tomorrow...let's see if i can go two for two!

katiedids
06-16-2007, 08:19 PM
ok, so my friends all went out drinking and i decided to come home early and get some sleep so i can hit the gym tomorrow morning. lifting tomorrow. i'm trying to get all nice and sore for my massage on tuesday.

i was pretty hungry this afternoon (must have been the bbq fumes) so i ate another plum and a peach. and then for dinner had a chicken breast, 1/2 cup of broccoli and carrots, and 1/2 cup of homemade mashed potatoes (made with skim milk and smart balance, which is fake butter w/ flaxseed oil)

i'm going to do a search, but does anyone have a personal preference/opinion on analog vs digital scales? i had an analog and just bought a digi. digi makes me a little nervous for some reason....

katiedids
06-17-2007, 06:16 AM
here we go for sunday:

850am
2cups frozen strawberries
1 scoop vanilla whey
1 tbsp flaxsed oil

10-11am
fullbody lifting

12pm
1 cup brown rice
1 cup black beans

thats all i have for today so far

katiedids
06-17-2007, 03:47 PM
diet-wise today wasn't ideal, but it wasn't teeerrrible. after the black beans and rice i ate two thin slices of ham with a slice of whole wheat bread.

for dinner (bbq #2) i had a few thin slices of flank steak (about 3-4 oz), about 1 cup of salad, and half an ear of corn. that was all fine. the bad part was that i also had a spicy italian sausage (like a brat) in a french roll. There was sooo much food at this bbq and it went on for hours.

on a positive note, i had a great lifting session this morning. i'm debating going running in a little bit. i've been in the sun all day and just ate so i'm sleepy. but it's only 645pm.

stupid weigh in tomorrow. at least all this eating wasnt too late in the day!

cawiau
06-17-2007, 04:13 PM
All considered, you did pretty well.
Ok, my respect for you went up 10 points.
Doing pretty good, let's wait for weight in.

katiedids
06-17-2007, 05:21 PM
i just ran/walked 2 miles. i only ran about 1/4 of it...my legs are tired from lifting this morning...but i'm glad i got out there....burning off a little of the naughtiness. i'm exhausted from today...so it's shower, read a little, then bed for me.

cawiau
06-17-2007, 10:34 PM
i just ran/walked 2 miles. i only ran about 1/4 of it...my legs are tired from lifting this morning...but i'm glad i got out there....burning off a little of the naughtiness. i'm exhausted from today...so it's shower, read a little, then bed for me.

Have a good night...I am about to be off to bed too.
Feeling a little guilty since I cheated today, but was worth it.
Back at it tomorow.

katiedids
06-18-2007, 06:21 AM
ok i only lost 1lb which sucks. i'm going to weigh myself again tomorrow or wednesday to see if i'm maybe holding onto water from dinner out on friday and the bread/sausages yesterday.

today:

845am
2cups frozen strawberries
1 scoop vanilla whey
1 tbsp flaxseed oil

12pm
6.5 oz tuna
wheat wrap
lettuce
2tbsp greek dressing

3pm
grapefruit
plum

530pm
peach

630pm
50min spinning class

8pm
1 cup brown rice
1 cup ground turkey
1/4 cup nonfat yogurt

cawiau
06-18-2007, 06:25 AM
ok i only lost 1lb which sucks.

1 lb is good. You have to start somewhere.
Remember this is not a sprint, it's a marathon.
You will have good times and you will have bad times.
Just take it all in strides and keep going.

katiedids
06-18-2007, 06:36 AM
i'm so frustrated right now. i feel like i worked out really hard last week. i went to two spinning classes, one yoga class, went running twice and did two hour long fullbody lifting sessions. i really dont think i can drop my calories any lower than they already are.

damnit, our receptionist here is driving me crazy. she has been trying to lose weight and started atkins. so of course, breakfast was bacon and eggs, lunch was a salad with cheese, three kinds of meat and creamy dressing and i have no idea what she ate for dinner. she did it for about 4-5 days and then came in with a dozen bagels an doughnuts. she'd had enough. she now eats mcdonalds every morning and the same type of salad she had been doing on atkins, or orders cheesesteaks and fries. and of course, she's losing weight.

so she saw that i had brought a wheat wrap, can of tuna and a peach for lunch and goes "that's alot, i thought you were trying to lose weight" wtf...am i missing something?

cawiau
06-18-2007, 06:54 AM
i'm so frustrated right now. i feel like i worked out really hard last week. i went to two spinning classes, one yoga class, went running twice and did two hour long fullbody lifting sessions. i really dont think i can drop my calories any lower than they already are.

Give it time, it will pay off eventually.
Look, I went running twice a day everyday last week, lifted weights everyday...But I gained 2 lbs.
Those things you just brush off your shoulders and keep moving.
Leave your calories at is, just go do your cardio and LIFTING WEIGTHS and keep on going.
It's like a rollercoaster, you have ups and you have downs. You are in the down now but the up is comig soon.

so she saw that i had brought a wheat wrap, that's alot, i thought you were trying to lose weight" wtf...am i missing something?

And you should have answered : " Really, I didn't think so. Would you like to have some? "
Those situations are better handled with class, gives you the upper hand.
And let's you feel like the bigger person even if you are boiling inside.

katiedids
06-18-2007, 07:18 AM
And you should have answered : " Really, I didn't think so. Would you like to have some? "
Those situations are better handled with class, gives you the upper hand.
And let's you feel like the bigger person even if you are boiling inside.[/QUOTE]

yeah...i was really nice about it. i just said "really? do you think so? huh..." maybe i should try the atkins/mcdonalds/cheesesteak diet...it seems to be working for her.

i think im going to go to the bookstore during lunch and skim thru the Biggest Loser book. just out of curiosity. I saw it the other day, and want to see what their diet and exercise really look like. I know the women eat around 1200-1500 cals/day and they probably all workout for 4-5 hrs/day. i know it's probably pretty extreme...but you can't tell me it's not slightly frustrating that they all lose in the double digits every week!!

cawiau
06-18-2007, 07:45 AM
i think im going to go to the bookstore during lunch and skim thru the Biggest Loser book. just out of curiosity. I saw it the other day, and want to see what their diet and exercise really look like. I know the women eat around 1200-1500 cals/day and they probably all workout for 4-5 hrs/day. i know it's probably pretty extreme...but you can't tell me it's not slightly frustrating that they all lose in the double digits every week!!

yeah, and have loose sking all over.
Haven't you realised that at the beginning of the show the guys are always taking their shirst off to get on the scale and the woman are always showing some type of belly.
What happend as they get closer to the end?
THey are fully covered, no stomach no 6 packs.
At the end of my quest I want to be working around shirtless, not embarass about the loose sking. So I am taking my time and letting my body adjust to the loss.

You can do it with your diet (meaning no starvation because they were starving those people) and a good workout/cardio plan.

Nothing that is worth it comes easy!

katiedids
06-18-2007, 10:38 AM
hmmmm...so according to the Biggest Loser diet, I should be eating 1400 calories a day. and working out 3hrs 5-6 days a week (1 hr weights, 2 hrs cardio)

the diet info is actually pretty interesting. they follow a 4-3-2-1 pyramid. so, 4 (or more) servings of fruits/veggies, 3 servings of protien, 2 servings of whole grains and 1 serving of fats/everything else.

cawiau
06-18-2007, 10:51 AM
hmmmm...so according to the Biggest Loser diet, I should be eating 1400 calories a day. and working out 3hrs 5-6 days a week (1 hr weights, 2 hrs cardio)

Can you spell C.R.A.Z.Y :confused: ????

natescope
06-18-2007, 02:33 PM

the diet info is actually pretty interesting. they follow a 4-3-2-1 pyramid. so, 4 (or more) servings of fruits/veggies, 3 servings of protien, 2 servings of whole grains and 1 serving of fats/everything else.

that's actually very reasonable, remember skin doesn't become an issue when you reach single digit BF% for males or ~15% for females. i used to cardio 2hrs a day and be wide awake pacing my room at 11:00PM

cawiau
06-18-2007, 02:49 PM
that's actually very reasonable, remember skin doesn't become an issue when you reach single digit BF% for males or ~15% for females. i used to cardio 2hrs a day and be wide awake pacing my room at 11:00PM

No comment :p

heathershubby
06-18-2007, 03:19 PM

could you send me a pm or post in my journal why at single digit fat % skin would not be an issue.

now on topic so as not to just be a hi jacker

the biggest loser is an extream program Ie/ extreamly low cals (about what a nutritionist would put someone on to lose weight) and extream amounts of exercise 3 to 4 hours. It will work and from what I have seen many of the contestants seem to be able to maintain their loses but its not for me. I would love to read the book though :)

katiedids
06-18-2007, 07:28 PM

do you think the calories are reasonable too? did you do the cardio back to back or split it up throughout the day?

katiedids
06-18-2007, 07:32 PM
could you send me a pm or post in my journal why at single digit fat % skin would not be an issue.

the biggest loser is an extream program Ie/ extreamly low cals (about what a nutritionist would put someone on to lose weight) and extream amounts of exercise 3 to 4 hours. It will work and from what I have seen many of the contestants seem to be able to maintain their loses but its not for me. I would love to read the book though :)

hijack away. yeah the book (from my skimming) was interesting. not commenting on the calorie limits, the diet was very interesting. the cardio routine was pretty detailed, they alternate b/w steady-state and interval days.

i may go read some more...

thanks for the reply. even if it was a hijack.

katiedids
06-18-2007, 07:33 PM
No comment :p

you do cardio 2x a day though, right?

natescope
06-18-2007, 07:39 PM

simply the fact that fat isn't weighing down the skin, what you see is mostly loosely distributed fat. the loose skin only appears so when you pinch it

do you think the calories are reasonable too? did you do the cardio back to back or split it up throughout the day?

the calories are fine as long as you portion them evenly. i used to run 15min at a time 4-5 times a day. when i increased my endurance it was 2 30min sessions, in the morning and evening, along with weightlifting

cawiau
06-18-2007, 08:30 PM
you do cardio 2x a day though, right?

yeah, but nothing near 2 hours. :p

cawiau
06-18-2007, 08:38 PM
simply the fact that fat isn't weighing down the skin, what you see is mostly loosely distributed fat. the loose skin only appears so when you pinch it

WIll have to disagree with that. The people on big Loser lose like 200 lbs easy. Or even Heathershubby (not personal dear friend) will lose like 200 lbs.

I real use the example of David (A whole lot of respect for you bro, looking 400 lbs) the sking will end up looking close to this :

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/showphoto.php?photo=70802&ppuser=383958

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/showphoto.php?photo=70801&ppuser=383958

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/showphoto.php?photo=70803&ppuser=383958

His bodyspace is the following if anyone wants to see it : http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/David630lbs/
And that amount of loose sking you just don't pinch in between your fingers.
That is real. And someone that is about to lose 100+ lbs should understand that.

heathershubby
06-19-2007, 12:57 AM

the calories are fine as long as you portion them evenly. i used to run 15min at a time 4-5 times a day. when i increased my endurance it was 2 30min sessions, in the morning and evening, along with weightlifting

thank you is that in all cases or would that be the average person cutting? I have to lose over 288 lbs so like 300 to get anywhere near single digits would I still not see lose skin and would it come back as my fat % increased.

P.S. katie I am so going to rep you and again sorry for the hijak but were even cause I am going to have to bye that book I cant find any free info on the net aaaarrrrrrgggggggg lol

katiedids
06-19-2007, 07:15 AM
thank you is that in all cases or would that be the average person cutting? I have to lose over 288 lbs so like 300 to get anywhere near single digits would I still not see lose skin and would it come back as my fat % increased.

P.S. katie I am so going to rep you and again sorry for the hijak but were even cause I am going to have to bye that book I cant find any free info on the net aaaarrrrrrgggggggg lol

HAHAHA...doesn't bother me at all! it's all very interesting.

Here is one of the trainers sample menus, it's not from the book, and doesnt follow the books calorie guidelines (really low, but it may have been for a specific part of the show, etc):http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/dietcenter/downloads/BOB_5.pdf

here are some sample pages (the intro) from the book: http://images.rodale.com/wcpe/USRodaleStore/pdf/biggest_loser/1594863849CHP.pdf

i don't know if it's worth buying yet, i'm going to go read some more of it. (i'm so bad) but just fyi..they calculate your required calories by multiplying your bodyweight by 7. I'm 205. so 205 x 7 = 1435 calories. and then of course they tell you how you should use those calories. i.e. three servings of protien, 2 servings of whole grains, 1 of fats, misc. and then the rest fruits and veggies.

if you do buy it though, the cheapest i found was on www.amazon.com, about $12-13.

katiedids
06-19-2007, 07:20 AM
here's today:

7am
1/2 cup eggbeaters
1 slice spelt bread
1 plum

8:15-9:15am
1 hour fullbody lifting

10:30am
1 apple
2 tbsp almond butter

1pm
whole wheat wrap
4oz sliced turkey
3/4 cup alfalfa sprouts
1 tbsp smart balance
1 cup raw carrots

4pm
1 banana
1 low carb, fat-free sugar-free yogurt

7-8pm
Yoga

8:30pm
1 chicken breast
1 cup broccoli
1/2 cup cooked carrots (i MAY MAY have to go out to dinner tonight, family celebration) in that case, it will be sushi

cawiau
06-19-2007, 08:45 AM
You guys are seriouslt thinking about this aren't you ???

katiedids
06-19-2007, 08:51 AM
You guys are seriouslt thinking about this aren't you ???

i'm def going to stick to my current routine and see if i see any progress first. if i go another week or two without losing (or losing really really little) i may incorporate some of their strategies. what bothers you the most about it? calorie amount? there is no way i'm going to be working out 3-4 hours/day. i could barely fit in 2hrs

i'm just really frustrated that i only lost 1lb last week. and i watch those stupid re-runs of the show and see them losing 7, 15, 29 lbs/week!!! not that i'd want to lose that much in a week...but damn, something more than 1lb!!

katiedids
06-19-2007, 11:45 AM
fyi--Dannon carb and sugar control yogurt in vanilla cream is AWESOME. it's sweet but also a little tart. soooo good.

katiedids
06-19-2007, 12:28 PM
just thought i'd share some office-antics for all of you fellow bored-at-work readers...

anorexic woman (that's mean, i shouldnt call her that. but the one who is eating 600-800 cals/day) had 1/4 cup of watermelon and an ear of corn for lunch.

crazy receptionist girl (the one who lives solely on fast food) had a double cheeseburger, large fries and a large coke for lunch. and when i say large coke, i mean huge-you-need-two-hands-to-pick-it-up coke.

they are both losing weight. i only lost one pound. something sucks.

oh, and of course, neither of them workout. crazy receptionist girl drives the 1 1/2 blocks to mcdonalds.

heathershubby
06-19-2007, 12:54 PM
HAHAHA...doesn't bother me at all! it's all very interesting.

Here is one of the trainers sample menus, it's not from the book, and doesnt follow the books calorie guidelines (really low, but it may have been for a specific part of the show, etc):http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/dietcenter/downloads/BOB_5.pdf

here are some sample pages (the intro) from the book: http://images.rodale.com/wcpe/USRodaleStore/pdf/biggest_loser/1594863849CHP.pdf

i don't know if it's worth buying yet, i'm going to go read some more of it. (i'm so bad) but just fyi..they calculate your required calories by multiplying your bodyweight by 7. I'm 205. so 205 x 7 = 1435 calories. and then of course they tell you how you should use those calories. i.e. three servings of protien, 2 servings of whole grains, 1 of fats, misc. and then the rest fruits and veggies.

if you do buy it though, the cheapest i found was on www.amazon.com, about $12-13.

thanks for the links :)

try to remember this no matter how much weight they are losing anorexia girl is going to never be able to eat and is not giving her body the nutrition it needs to be healthy so she is going to have to change or get sick and probabley die at some point from somthing directly related to her mal nutrition.

And McDonalds Girl is going to clog her arteries and die of some heart related desease.

You on the other heand will keep losing 1 lb slowly get to your goal weight and be extreamly healthy setting yourself up for a long healthy life.

cawiau
06-19-2007, 12:54 PM
just thought i'd share some office-antics for all of you fellow bored-at-work readers...

anorexic woman (that's mean, i shouldnt call her that. but the one who is eating 600-800 cals/day) had 1/4 cup of watermelon and an ear of corn for lunch.

crazy receptionist girl (the one who lives solely on fast food) had a double cheeseburger, large fries and a large coke for lunch. and when i say large coke, i mean huge-you-need-two-hands-to-pick-it-up coke.

they are both losing weight. i only lost one pound. something sucks.

oh, and of course, neither of them workout. crazy receptionist girl drives the 1 1/2 blocks to mcdonalds.

Thanks for the laugh.
Just hang in there.

katiedids
06-19-2007, 01:01 PM
thanks for the links :)

try to remember this no matter how much weight they are losing anorexia girl is going to never be able to eat and is not giving her body the nutrition it needs to be healthy so she is going to have to change or get sick and probabley die at some point from somthing directly related to her mal nutrition.

And McDonalds Girl is going to clog her arteries and die of some heart related desease.

You on the other heand will keep losing 1 lb slowly get to your goal weight and be extreamly healthy setting yourself up for a long healthy life.

yeaaaah....i GUESS SO.

no, seriously. youre absolutely right. thanks! that made me feel better :-)

katiedids
06-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the laugh.
Just hang in there.

hanging in....

at least they provide me w/ daily entertainment. it's pretty ridiculous.

katiedids
06-19-2007, 07:04 PM
ok...so i think that getting under 200lbs may be a mental thing for me. I'm thinking of going low carb for a week and just trying to get rid of those 5lbs. just to get over that hump. i'm going to start thursday (i've already made my meals for tomorrow). i'm not going to change my calories or workout schedule.

Tomorrow:

maybe fasted cardio in the morning

9am
1/2 cup eggbeaters
1 slice spelt bread
1 grapefruit

11:30am
1 carb and sugar control yogurt
1 orange

1 cup brown rice
1 cup ground turkey
3 oz ***e (fat free plain greek yogurt)

4pm
1/2 cup raw carrots
1 tbsp almond butter

6:30-7:20pm
spinning class

8pm
1 chicken breast
1 cup carrots
1 cup broccoli

natescope
06-19-2007, 07:34 PM
ok...so i think that getting under 200lbs may be a mental thing for me. I'm thinking of going low carb for a week and just trying to get rid of those 5lbs. just to get over that hump. i'm going to start thursday (i've already made my meals for tomorrow). i'm not going to change my calories or workout schedule.

Tomorrow:

maybe fasted cardio in the morning

9am
1/2 cup eggbeaters
1 slice spelt bread
1 grapefruit

1 orange

1 cup brown rice
1 cup ground turkey
3 oz ***e (fat free plain greek yogurt)

4pm
1/2 cup raw carrots
1 tbsp almond butter

6:30-7:20pm
spinning class

8pm
1 chicken breast
1 cup carrots
1 cup broccoli

i don't see any weight lifting.......

katiedids
06-19-2007, 07:36 PM
i don't see any weight lifting.......

i did 1 hour fullbody lifting today (and sunday), and i'll do it again thurs or friday. no good?

natescope
06-19-2007, 07:39 PM
i did 1 hour fullbody lifting today (and sunday), and i'll do it again thurs or friday. no good?

it would be more beneficial to at least split upper and lower body, if it fits your schedule

katiedids
06-19-2007, 07:44 PM
it would be more beneficial to at least split upper and lower body, if it fits your schedule

facinating. ok...let me go back to the workout section here and read up on that.

yeah, def would fit my schedule, i can easily make time for the gym any day of the week.

thanks!

natescope
06-19-2007, 07:52 PM
facinating. ok...let me go back to the workout section here and read up on that.

yeah, def would fit my schedule, i can easily make time for the gym any day of the week.

thanks!

it's just that you're taxing your entire body 3 days a week, and you're only going to benefit from the boosted metabolism those three days. splitting it and going 6 days a week, you still get enough recovery time and your metabolism increases 6 days a week from lifting

katiedids
06-19-2007, 08:13 PM
it's just that you're taxing your entire body 3 days a week, and you're only going to benefit from the boosted metabolism those three days. splitting it and going 6 days a week, you still get enough recovery time and your metabolism increases 6 days a week from lifting

that's a great reason! smiley face for you :)
(i can't give reps yet)

so i'll def try and workout a split program to start. i'm assuming it's the whole back/bi's and chest/tri's concept and then i suppose legs and repeat....but i'll check out the workout section again and figure it all out.

natescope
06-19-2007, 08:23 PM
that's a great reason! smiley face for you :)
(i can't give reps yet)

so i'll def try and workout a split program to start. i'm assuming it's the whole back/bi's and chest/tri's concept and then i suppose legs and repeat....but i'll check out the workout section again and figure it all out.

for what it's worth, you can do back/legs/abs one day, chest/shoulder/arms the next. remember there's no such thing as spot reduction. the purpose is to tone up and gain strength, and the increased metabolism is the fat loss tool. you seem to understand the logistics pretty well though

cawiau
06-19-2007, 08:25 PM

*repped*

Great Advice!!!

katiedids
06-19-2007, 08:27 PM
*repped*

Great Advice!!!

stop trying to show up my smiley faces w/ your reps. it won't work.

natescope
06-19-2007, 08:29 PM

i'd rather get the smiley faces, just ignore my rep power

cawiau

katiedids
for what it's worth, you can do back/legs/abs one day, chest/shoulder/arms the next. remember there's no such thing as spot reduction. the purpose is to tone up and gain strength, and the increased metabolism is the fat loss tool. you seem to understand the logistics pretty well though

i actually like that alot better. it's less complicated. so then just do back/legs/abs one day, chest/shoulders/arms the next, and then back to back/legs/abs?

cawiau
06-19-2007, 08:30 PM

:eek:

I feel so insulted right now :mad:

katiedids
06-19-2007, 08:30 PM

i win.

chrischap01
06-19-2007, 08:33 PM
The above advice is good and makes sense, but there is also some logic in doing all full body workouts for fat loss. You just have to choose what works best for you. Google Alwyn Cosgrove and check out some of his recent writings on fat loss, he knows his stuff and he recommends you lift all full body, even combining 2-3 exercises into one rep (e.g. Hip Extension + Leg Curl = one rep). The current conventional wisdom is that the more compound movements you do, the more fat you burn.

You can acheive the increased metabolism every day by doing HIIT on the days you don't lift.

But, like I said, Nate's advice will work wonders too - just wanted to point out that there are alternatives!

katiedids
06-19-2007, 08:38 PM
The above advice is good and makes sense, but there is also some logic in doing all full body workouts for fat loss. You just have to choose what works best for you. Google Alwyn Cosgrove and check out some of his recent writings on fat loss, he knows his stuff and he recommends you lift all full body, even combining 2-3 exercises into one rep (e.g. Hip Extension + Leg Curl = one rep). The current conventional wisdom is that the more compound movements you do, the more fat you burn.

You can acheive the increased metabolism every day by doing HIIT on the days you don't lift.

But, like I said, Nate's advice will work wonders too - just wanted to point out that there are alternatives!

thanks! i'll def google Alwyn. damnit, now i have to google compound movement too. i'll try both ways, split and fullbody for a while each and see what works.

smiley face for joo too. :)

chrischap01
06-19-2007, 08:41 PM
Back atcha! ;)

natescope
06-19-2007, 08:51 PM

It's quite simply one of the most rapid fat loss programs available, but the key that really separates it from the pack is the time effectiveness of it all. Rarely have you been able to get such great results with such a minimal time investment

isn't this the selling point of almost every fraudulent weightloss gizmo?

chrischap01
06-19-2007, 09:01 PM
lol, that's true, but Cosgrove does not sell any gizmos. He just has you bust your ass. I have never bought any of his books, but he has written a ton of articles on this and other sites, he is legit!

And to avoid the hijack, good job again Katie and good luck reaching your goals!

katiedids
06-19-2007, 09:13 PM
lol, that's true, but Cosgrove does not sell any gizmos. He just has you bust your ass. I have never bought any of his books, but he has written a ton of articles on this and other sites, he is legit!

And to avoid the hijack, good job again Katie and good luck reaching your goals!

hijack away kids. i'm going to bed and it will give me something to read in the morning.

katiedids
06-20-2007, 08:21 AM
i dont know what my deal is today....i'm just not hungry at all. i only ate 1/4 of the grapefruit from meal #1 (i did eat the eggbeaters and spelt bread)

and then from meal #2, i only ate the yogurt. i'll add the orange to meal #3.

I'm going to take a long lunch and run a bunch of errands. maybe i'll come back hungry.

katiedids
06-20-2007, 11:35 AM
i feel crappy today. i dont know why. i feel like i'm under alot of stress, but for no reason. it's making me tired and achy. maybe i just dont want to be at work.

for those of you following along, crazy receptionist girl had some sort of frozen meal concoction for lunch. anorexic girl decided against food today. bad food.

ive eaten everything i'm supposed to so far today, except for that leftover 3/4 of a grapefruit which i will eat before spinning tonight. maybe spinning will make me feel better. i hope this chick has better music than last week. i wish i had my monday night spin class tonight. i love the instructor, she's british and has the cutest little accent and always goes "commmme on, i neeed you with me...yes you can!" she's great. and her music rocks.

low-carb diet starts tomorrow.

cawiau
06-20-2007, 11:36 AM
i feel crappy today. i dont know why. i feel like i'm under alot of stress, but for no reason. it's making me tired and achy. maybe i just dont want to be at work.

for those of you following along, crazy receptionist girl had some sort of frozen meal concoction for lunch. anorexic girl decided against food today. bad food.

i eaten everything i'm supposed to so far today, except for that leftover 3/4 of a grapefruit which i will eat before spinning tonight. maybe spinning will make me feel better. i hope this chick has better music than last week. i wish i had my monday night spin class tonight. i love the instructor, she's british and has the cutest little accent and always goes "commmme on, i neeed you with me...yes you can!" she's great. and her music rocks.

low-carb diet starts tomorrow.

Take it slow, one day at a time.
LOL:D
You have some crazy coworkers

katiedids
06-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Take it slow, one day at a time.
LOL:D
You have some crazy coworkers

yes, my coworkers are insane. one day i'll tell you all about male my coworker who throws tantrums (like a three year old, stomping feet and all). he came in the other day wearing a huge diamond engagement ring. and he's not the stereotypical flamboyantly gay type. it threw me for a loop. sadly to say, i was jealous.

katiedids
06-20-2007, 06:50 PM
ok, so spinning was actually good tonight. she must have stolen a cd from another instructor. nevertheless, it was a great workout. i'm planning my first day of low carb meals for tomorrow right now. can we say 'yay for cheese?'

i can't wait to see the new die hard...there is a preview on for it right now...hope everyone is doing well. lifting hard, running hard...doing whatever you do.

cawiau
06-20-2007, 07:50 PM
yes, my coworkers are insane. one day i'll tell you all about male my coworker who throws tantrums (like a three year old, stomping feet and all). he came in the other day wearing a huge diamond engagement ring. and he's not the stereotypical flamboyantly gay type. it threw me for a loop. sadly to say, i was jealous.

I didn't know that guys could wear engagement rings? :confused:
I am engaged, but my fiancee is the one wearing an engagement ring.
I guessed I miss the update. ;)

cawiau
06-20-2007, 07:52 PM
ok, so spinning was actually good tonight. she must have stolen a cd from another instructor. nevertheless, it was a great workout. i'm planning my first day of low carb meals for tomorrow right now. can we say 'yay for cheese?'

i can't wait to see the new die hard...there is a preview on for it right now...hope everyone is doing well. lifting hard, running hard...doing whatever you do.

good to know that you enjoyed the spinning. Need to tell her to keep on stealing cd's :D

I am doing what I am supposed to, you do what you are supposed to do.
Take care and hang in there.

chrischap01
06-20-2007, 08:03 PM
I never thought of that, but I guess in the age of gay marriage there will be dudes getting engagement rings. Good for them, I say...

cawiau
06-20-2007, 08:11 PM
I never thought of that, but I guess in the age of gay marriage there will be dudes getting engagement rings. Good for them, I say...

Yeah I guess so.
But whom wears it? I mean for me and my fiancee she is the one wearing it.
When we get married I will be wearing with wedding band and same as her.
We have gay friends that are married so they both wear matching ring.
It just it came as a surprise. I have yet to see gay man wearing engagement rings.
I have seen commitmet rings, promise ring, and of course wedding band (yep, we have alot of gay/lesbian friends :D) but I have yet to see them wear engagement rings.

katiedids
06-20-2007, 08:13 PM
good to know that you enjoyed the spinning. Need to tell her to keep on stealing cd's :D

I am doing what I am supposed to, you do what you are supposed to do.
Take care and hang in there.

thats how the boys roll out here

katiedids
06-20-2007, 08:17 PM
Yeah I guess so.
But whom wears it? I mean for me and my fiancee she is the one wearing it.
When we get married I will be wearing with wedding band and same as her.
We have gay friends that are married so they both wear matching ring.
It just it came as a surprise. I have yet to see gay man wearing engagement rings.
I have seen commitmet rings, promise ring, and of course wedding band (yep, we have alot of gay/lesbian friends :D) but I have yet to see them wear engagement rings.

let me explain to you my shock when i saw it during a staff meeting. i bruised my friends calf i was kicking her so hard under the table

i have great friends that are gay. not him. he is uber whiny and short tempered. and he talks ALLL the time. eeeevery day i have to hear about what he and Don did last night.

katiedids
06-20-2007, 08:18 PM
he and crazy receptionist girl are friends. they go out to lunch and he tells her about his greasy bowels. true story.

chrischap01
06-20-2007, 08:20 PM
Who has greasy bowels? What does that even mean?

katiedids
06-20-2007, 08:26 PM
Who has greasy bowels? What does that even mean?

i didnt ask questions.

cawiau
06-20-2007, 08:26 PM
he tells her about his greasy bowels. .

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Please, to much info :mad:

You don't share such thing with people :)

katiedids
06-20-2007, 08:28 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Please, to much info :mad:

You don't share such thing with people :)

try hearing it at 9am at work...

cawiau
06-20-2007, 08:30 PM
try hearing it at 9am at work...

WOW....don't people have boundaries anymore.
I feel bad for you.

katiedids
06-21-2007, 06:14 AM
ok, low carb day #1, here we go:

9am
1 cup eggbeaters
2 strips turkey bacon

1oz sliced turkey
1 part skim stick of string cheese

1pm
2 cups mixed greens
6.5 oz tuna
2tbsp greek dressing
1 sugar free jello cup

3pm
1 large stalk celery
1 laughing cow light cheese

6oz grilled salmon
1 cup steamed asparagus
mixed greens, cucumbers, tomatoes
1tbsp olive oil
2tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 sugar free popsicle

Today is my off day from the gym.

i made my eggbeaters last night and heated them up this morning in the microwave when i got to work. usually not a problem, i do it all the time. but for some reason today (maybe b/c i made 1 cup, i usually make alot less) THEY WERE NASTY. i mean fear factor nasty. i had used way too much salt and pepper, and they were this solid, but watery lump. so foul.

natescope
06-21-2007, 08:44 AM
what are the eggbeaters? just whites?

but i wish i could eat that meal plan every day

katiedids
06-21-2007, 09:08 AM
what are the eggbeaters? just whites?

but i wish i could eat that meal plan every day

yeah, eggbeaters are 99% egg whites and the other 1% are stabilizers, etc. so i guess it's back to regular egg whites for me after i finish off this carton. they are just super convenient...just shake the carton and pour.

yay for liking my meal plan! why can't you eat something similar? need more carbs?

katiedids
06-21-2007, 09:35 AM
ok, i lied. i think i am going to go to the gym today. i'll take an off day on sunday instead. i just really want to throw up a big number on the scale this week. soooo..i'm going to get some cardio in after work.

katiedids
06-21-2007, 09:49 AM
ahhhhhh eff eff eff eff EFF. this girl i work with really wants to go out to lunch today. she says she's really craving something 'bad'. so she's been trying to convince me to go for the past hour. she keeps saying she wants to go to 5 Guys, chinese, pizza, etc. so do i buddy, but i have to eat this tuna and salad....ahhhhh

natescope
06-21-2007, 09:50 AM
yeah, eggbeaters are 99% egg whites and the other 1% are stabilizers, etc. so i guess it's back to regular egg whites for me after i finish off this carton. they are just super convenient...just shake the carton and pour.

yay for liking my meal plan! why can't you eat something similar? need more carbs?

i have the poor man's version of your plan. i can't afford salmon every day neither turkey bacon

katiedids
06-21-2007, 09:54 AM
i have the poor man's version of your plan. i can't afford salmon every day neither turkey bacon

costco baby! i just bought a box of 6 packs (something like 20slices/box) of turkey bacon for $6 and a HUUGE box of frozen salmon filets for $11. but yeah, i totally understand. i don't think i could sustain low carb for that reason. i did spend alot on groceries for this week.

katiedids
06-21-2007, 10:02 AM
WTF??? is today eat crap day? two of my coworkers just came back w/ mcdonalds. i just had to shut my office door b/c the smells are so strong. and i've never even been a huge fast food fan, but omg it smells good. i'm going to eat my tuna now.

natescope
06-21-2007, 10:06 AM
WTF??? is today eat crap day? two of my coworkers just came back w/ mcdonalds. i just had to shut my office door b/c the smells are so strong. and i've never even been a huge fast food fan, but omg it smells good. i'm going to eat my tuna now.

whenever i crave greasy foods, i always remember how sick they make me the day after, and i also describe the taste to myself and it just sounds so nasty

cawiau
06-21-2007, 10:30 AM

Just hang on!!!! :D

katiedids
06-21-2007, 10:33 AM
whenever i crave greasy foods, i always remember how sick they make me the day after, and i also describe the taste to myself and it just sounds so nasty

yeah thats true. i would def feel gross afterwards. but they smell yummy...

katiedids
06-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Just hang on!!!! :D

nice of you to show up AFTER my lunchtime crisis. my tummy is now full of tuna, mixed greens, and sugar free jello. all is well.

cawiau
06-21-2007, 10:36 AM
nice of you to show up AFTER my lunchtime crisis. my tummy is now full of tuna, mixed greens, and sugar free jello. all is well.

Sorry I am late but good to know you survided it.
Here is a smiley face for you :)
What did I have for lunch :
Yeah: tomatoes, cucumber, brocoli, chicken and rice. :p

I am taking an off day today but see you are still going to the gym
Lifting or spinning?

chrischap01
06-21-2007, 10:42 AM
damn, you had to go and put the thought of 5 Guys in my head. It will be hard to enjoy my brown rice and chicken...

katiedids
06-21-2007, 12:00 PM
Sorry I am late but good to know you survided it.
Here is a smiley face for you :)
What did I have for lunch :
Yeah: tomatoes, cucumber, brocoli, chicken and rice. :p

I am taking an off day today but see you are still going to the gym
Lifting or spinning?

your lunch sounds yummier than mine.

neither...stairmaster and inclined treadmill today.

katiedids
06-21-2007, 12:03 PM
damn, you had to go and put the thought of 5 Guys in my head. It will be hard to enjoy my brown rice and chicken...

5 Guys is soooooooooooooooooo good.

cawiau
06-21-2007, 12:11 PM
your lunch sounds yummier than mine.

neither...stairmaster and inclined treadmill today.

enjoy.
I will be in Manhattan either at a restaurant or watching a show on broadway.
The CFO is taking the finance department out.

katiedids
06-21-2007, 12:12 PM
enjoy.
I will be in Manhattan either at a restaurant or watching a show on broadway.
The CFO is taking the finance department out.

wow, youre just racking up points with me today, aren't you?? whatever. the stairmaster is going to be so much cooler than that.

so jealous. have fun.

cawiau
06-21-2007, 12:15 PM
wow, youre just racking up points with me today, aren't you?? whatever. the stairmaster is going to be so much cooler than that.

Seriously, I would rather be at the gym doing squats and leg press :(
You don't know how many excuses I try to come up with.
Hanging out with the Top Executives at my job is never a fun thing.

so jealous.
Funny, I am jealous of you. :)

katiedids
06-21-2007, 12:17 PM
Seriously, I would rather be at the gym doing squats and leg press :(
You don't know how many excuses I try to come up with.
Hanging out with the Top Executives at my job is never a fun thing.

Funny, I am jealous of you. :)

let's switch!

I will go do dinner and a show in the city, and you can run up stairs. yes?

cawiau
06-21-2007, 12:32 PM
let's switch!

I will go do dinner and a show in the city, and you can run up stairs. yes?

I would love too :D

katiedids
06-21-2007, 01:34 PM
so during lunch today i decided to go buy a new pair of yoga pants from old navy, just to brighten up my day a little. i got to the store and guess what?? 50% off summer sale!!!! i got the yoga pants, a few tshirts, and two sundresses. boooya! driving back to the office, my little brain got to thinking.... could this be a company-wide sale?? and sure enough, Gap AND Banana are both having the same sale!! life is good.

cawiau
06-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Gap AND Banana are both having the same sale!! life is good.

So what, for cardio today you are going shopping ? :D

katiedids
06-21-2007, 01:38 PM
So what, for cardio today you are going shopping ? :D

noooooo silly.

ok, yes.

but AFTER i go to the gym.

and after i go home and take a shower. trying on clothes after you workout is gross. don't do it.

cawiau
06-21-2007, 01:53 PM
noooooo silly.

ok, yes.

but AFTER i go to the gym.

and after i go home and take a shower.

yeah:D
why don't you shower at the gym?

katiedids
06-21-2007, 01:55 PM
yeah:D
why don't you shower at the gym?

yeah, i just decided to. i'm going to run home before the gym and grab a change of clothes. i.e. not work clothes.

cawiau
06-21-2007, 01:59 PM
yeah, i just decided to. i'm going to run home before the gym and grab a change of clothes. i.e. not work clothes.

good :D

heathershubby
06-21-2007, 04:14 PM
See now I am in a really good mood just reading thins thread thanks

Old Navy rocks and good for you going to work on some extra cardio. Only one thing don't buy to many new clothing items unless you are getting them a size smaller cause soon you are going to need a size smaller. Avoiding 5guys on an invite and extra cardio on an off day. I have no idea what 5guys is but I ma really proud of ya keep it up I just wish I could rep ya again.

katiedids
06-21-2007, 06:30 PM
See now I am in a really good mood just reading thins thread thanks

Old Navy rocks and good for you going to work on some extra cardio. Only one thing don't buy to many new clothing items unless you are getting them a size smaller cause soon you are going to need a size smaller. Avoiding 5guys on an invite and extra cardio on an off day. I have no idea what 5guys is but I ma really proud of ya keep it up I just wish I could rep ya again.

awww thanks!! that makes me really proud that i stuck with it today :)

five guys is a burger place, that i guess is only in the DC, MD, VA area. it's sooo good.

katiedids
06-21-2007, 06:40 PM
ok, so i went to the gym and did about 40min of moderate intensity cardio. i didnt however go shopping. booooooo.

but like heathershubby said, now i just have to lose tons of weight so i can justify NOT going shopping today.

i'm working on meals for tomorrow now.

heathershubby
06-21-2007, 08:10 PM
ok, so i went to the gym and did about 40min of moderate intensity cardio. i didnt however go shopping. booooooo.

but like heathershubby said, now i just have to lose tons of weight so i can justify NOT going shopping today.

i'm working on meals for tomorrow now.

thats just more money you will have to spend on the next size down ;)

and with that cardio it won't be far away.

cawiau
06-21-2007, 08:23 PM
thats just more money you will have to spend on the next size down ;)

and with that cardio it won't be far away.

Couldn't have said it better myself :)

katiedids
06-22-2007, 06:10 AM
thanks both of you!!

ok, here's today:

9am
1 cup eggbeaters omelet with
2 slices chopped turkey bacon and
1/2 cup mushrooms

11am
1 part skim mozzarella cheese stick

1pm
1 cheeseburger (no bun-4oz lean ground beef, 1 oz cheddar cheese--too much talk of 5guys!)
1.5 cups mixed greens
3 grape tomatoes
2 tbsp sugar free greek dressing

3:30pm
1 large stalk celery

1 large grilled chicken breast
2 cups broccoli
1 cup sliced cucumbers with
1tbsp olive oil
1tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 vanilla cream carb and sugar control yogurt

natescope
06-22-2007, 07:31 AM
i hope you're eating that burger without the bun

katiedids
06-22-2007, 07:36 AM
i hope you're eating that burger without the bun

HUUUUUGE BUN.

of course not. no bun.

katiedids
06-22-2007, 09:24 AM
do i have enough juice to rep someone? if so, how do i go about doing that?

heathershubby
06-22-2007, 09:28 AM

Go to the icon next to the one that lights up green when someone is online and double click it will say (it looks like a scale)

I want to rep this person

or

I don't want to rep this person

the rep is good the other is a neg

write a little comment and confirm

katiedids
06-22-2007, 09:31 AM
Go to the icon next to the one that lights up green when someone is online and double click it will say (it looks like a scale)

I want to rep this person

or

I don't want to rep this person

the rep is good the other is a neg

write a little comment and confirm

thanks!!! hahaha..the little confirmation message is funny..."maybe you'll be lucky enough to receive some reps in return"

natescope
06-22-2007, 09:32 AM
thanks!!! hahaha..the little confirmation message is funny..."maybe you'll be lucky enough to receive some reps in return"

now you need to locate your user cp

cawiau
06-22-2007, 09:33 AM

Cool!!Now you can stop with the smiley faces :D

How is everything going so far, I have yet to see you write that you lifted weights?

katiedids
06-22-2007, 09:35 AM

How is everything going so far, I have yet to see you write that you lifted weights?

i am on a repping rampage

cawiau
06-22-2007, 09:37 AM
i am on a repping rampage

katiedids
06-22-2007, 09:39 AM
awwww...no more reps to give. all gone. :(

cawiau
06-22-2007, 09:40 AM
awwww...no more reps to give. all gone. :(

Yep, you run out for 24 hours already?
Damn, you were binging on reps.
DOn't worry, it re-start every 24 hours, will have more to give tomrow :D

katiedids
06-22-2007, 10:44 AM

that's because i usually just write in "1 hour fullbody lifting" i don't actually write out each exercise. although the other day i DID write that i increased my leg press to 3 45lb plates on each side WITH an additional 25lb plate on each side. i am going to keep doing my fullbody lifting for a few weeks and then start a split program similar to what natescope suggested.

don't knock the smiley faces.

cawiau
06-22-2007, 11:41 AM
that's because i usually just write in "1 hour fullbody lifting" i don't actually write out each exercise. although the other day i DID write that i increased my leg press to 3 45lb plates on each side WITH an additional 25lb plate on each side. i am going to keep doing my fullbody lifting for a few weeks and then start a split program similar to what natescope suggested.

Stupid me:(...I did not realise :)

don't knock the smiley faces.

Just playing miss...just playing :D

katiedids
06-22-2007, 11:46 AM
Just playing miss...just playing :D

thats right...back off the smilies.

ok, so it's ridiculously nice out today and i was getting frustrated sitting at my desk, so i went outside and walked around. nothing much, maybe a little more than 1/2 mile. i'm going to play outside some more after work.

today's my off day from the gym. i'm going to lift tomorrow and then run on sunday.

cawiau
06-22-2007, 11:53 AM
ok, so it's ridiculously nice out today and i was getting frustrated sitting at my desk, so i went outside and walked around. nothing much, maybe a little more than 1/2 mile. i'm going to play outside some more after work.

If you have a bike, go ride it later on.
It's nice here in Nj too

katiedids
06-22-2007, 07:37 PM
ok, so i'm home right now b/c i didnt want to go out anywhere and risk messing up my diet. we ended up throwing the football around for a bit after work. i have quite an arm! had dinner and then watched Man vs. Wild (show on discovery. watch it, it's great)

sooooo...here i am planning my meals for tomorrow:

i dont have times yet b/c it really all depends on what time i wake up

4 hardboiled eggs (whites only)
2 bonne bell light cheese rounds

4oz sliced turkey

6.5 oz tuna
2 cups mixed greens
3 grape tomatoes and celery
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 sugar free jello

1 part skim mozarella cheese stick

1 large fillet of grilled halibut with capers
1.5 cups steamed broccoli
1 cup mixed greens
1tbsp olive oil
2tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 sugar free popsicle

Workout will be 1 hr fullbody lifting, sometime in the afternoon. maybe running in the morning. or swimming.

on a side note, tomorrow i am going to go to the grocery store, exchange a dress i bought for a different color, go to the bookstore, and then sit by my grandparents pool...and of course the gym.

now that i feel organized, i will start reading other threads :)

chrischap01
06-22-2007, 08:21 PM
that sounds like a stellar day!

I have some salmon steaks and broccoli that I will be cooking up tomorrow too. Can't go wrong with good fish!

I also opted to stay in instead of heading out tonight. I knew it would end up being a night filled with beer and ending with pizza slices at 3 a.m. if I headed out to Georgetown with my friends!

katiedids
06-22-2007, 08:25 PM
that sounds like a stellar day!

I have some salmon steaks and broccoli that I will be cooking up tomorrow too. Can't go wrong with good fish!

I also opted to stay in instead of heading out tonight. I knew it would end up being a night filled with beer and ending with pizza slices at 3 a.m. if I headed out to Georgetown with my friends!

THERE YOU ARE MISTER COMPOUND MOVEMENT!!! i googled it and i still don't understand. so, it's a movement that uses more than one joint. teach me.

yeah, gtown, dupont, adams morgan...staying away from it all tonight.

edit: ok, so i'm actually reading a pretty kickass article about basic split routines right now, and it's touching on compound movements. i guess i still just need examples of what exercises i do that are compound. leg press?

chrischap01
06-22-2007, 08:30 PM
well, I went to Dupont last night and Georgetown on Wednesday, so I can't brag too much about staying in tonight.

By compound movements I mean lifts that work more than one muscle - like squats, dead lifts, lunges, bench press, power cleans, over head presses/snatches, rows, pullovers. There are literally endless things you can do, and you can even make combine multuple iso moves into one lift if you want to get creative. I will see if I can find a couple of links to illustrate what I am talking about and I will post again.

katiedids
06-22-2007, 08:32 PM
well, I went to Dupont last night and Georgetown on Wednesday, so I can't brag too much about staying in tonight.

By compound movements I mean lifts that work more than one muscle - like squats, dead lifts, lunges, bench press, power cleans, over head presses/snatches, rows, pullovers. There are literally endless things you can do, and you can even make combine multuple iso moves into one lift if you want to get creative. I will see if I can find a couple of links to illustrate what I am talking about and I will post again.

thanks! thats exactly what i needed, some examples. hmmm...i feel like most of my workout is based on compound movements. i dont think i really do any isolation exercises

chrischap01
06-22-2007, 08:38 PM

That's good , then.

Here is kind of an extreme version of what I am talking about, but the write-up explains the logic pretty thoroughly:

Real Fast Fat Loss Workout (http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1589833)

katiedids
06-22-2007, 08:40 PM
That's good , then.

Here is kind of an extreme version of what I am talking about, but the write-up explains the logic pretty thoroughly:

Real Fast Fat Loss Workout (http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1589833)

thanks!! my reps are all gone, i was foolish with them earlier. :(

chrischap01
06-22-2007, 08:50 PM
thanks!! my reps are all gone, i was foolish with them earlier. :(
no prob, my mom always said it's the thought that counts ;)

cawiau
06-22-2007, 09:27 PM
no prob, my mom always said it's the thought that counts ;)

How cute :)

natescope
06-23-2007, 05:11 AM
when i get back i expect to see some major ass progress...

July 23

katiedids
06-23-2007, 06:10 AM
when i get back i expect to see some major ass progress...

July 23

youre leaving? youre not going to be online? don't leave.

fine, be that way. well at least i'll have a mini-goal to work on; shock natescope when he gets back. done.

cawiau
06-23-2007, 10:16 AM
youre leaving? youre not going to be online? don't leave.

He is going home for the summer. He will be back.

ine, be that way. well at least i'll have a mini-goal to work on; shock natescope when he gets back. done.

What will the mini-goal be?

katiedids
06-23-2007, 09:20 PM
He is going home for the summer. He will be back.

What will the mini-goal be?

what do you think? 10-12lbs?

katiedids
06-24-2007, 06:22 PM
today was a little screwy food-wise:

10:30am
5 egg whites
1/2 cup mushrooms
2 slices turkey bacon

12:30pm
1 slice turkey
1 part skim cheese stick

2pm
6oz chicken (i only ate about 2oz of the chicken
(i had a big salad, but didnt eat it...wasn't hungry)

4:30pm
1 cup 2% cottage cheese
10 cherry tomatoes

tuna steak (i ate about 3/4 of it, i overcooked it)
roasted veggies (1/2 eggplant, 1/2 red pepper, a few baby carrots)
2 sugar free popsicles

9:15pm
2tbsp olive tapenade (i was hungry)

no formal workout today...i swam alot though

weigh in tomorrow...fingers crossed.

Quickxi
06-24-2007, 06:46 PM
swimming is awesome for cardio and weight loss...

katiedids
06-25-2007, 06:37 AM
swimming is awesome for cardio and weight loss...

good! although i'm not sure my intensity was high enough to be considered cardio!!

katiedids
06-25-2007, 06:55 AM
ok, i weighed in today and lost 3lbs! yay! i'm going to create a little tracker thing in my signature. i'm going to weigh myself again on thursday, which will complete my week of low carb and see if i met my goal of losing 5lbs. here's today:

9am
4 egg whites
2 slices turkey bacon

11am
1 part skim cheese stick

1pm
6.5 oz tuna
2 cups mixed greens
1 sugar free jello

4pm
1 part skim cheese stick
1 oz sliced turkey

6:30-7:15
spin class

7:30
Grilled salmon
1 cup asparagus
1 cup mixed greens
1tbsp olive oil
2tbsp balsamic vinegar
Mocha ricotta creme (1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese 1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 package sugar substitute Dash of espresso powder 5 mini chocolate chips)

the mocha ricotta creme is from south beach diet...we'll see how it tastes!! it must be my italian side, but i dont think i've ever had sweetened ricotta. if you want to use cheese in a dessert, you use mascapone. maybe it will be good.

katiedids
06-25-2007, 09:59 AM
i forgot my tuna. so i had a boca burger (veggie burger) instead. :(. not terrible though b/c i have been eating alot of fish this week.

katiedids
06-25-2007, 08:07 PM
losing fat logs are awwwfullly boring tonight. at least my journal is b/c silly natescope and cawiau are MIA and theyre pretty much the only ones that respond to my log. sooo, here's a story for you all:

there i was in spinning tonight with the cool instructor. she's awesome, plays great music, turns it up all the way, super high energy and no one leaves the class without dripping thru their clothes with sweat.

so, about halfway thru the class, some guy who i've never seen before (not one of the regular lifters) pokes his head in the door and starts motioning to the instructor. she turns the music down and he's all: (imagine the most annoying voice you can think of)

"ummm..can you shut this door please??"
cool instructor "no, it gets way to hot in here if we shut the door"
dumb guy, all huffy now "well...it's loud as hell out here!!" (agian, most obnoxious voice/tone EVER) and he storms off.

WTF dude!??! throw on some headphones, go to the other side of the floor. deal. with. it. for 50min on monday there will be loud music coming out of the small room in the corner. adapt. what a chump. even Rusty (one of the regular lifters, i have no idea what his name is, but i always see him there so i've named him Rusty) came up later and was like "wtf, that guy's a tool"

Rusty could beat him up. he uses the 120lb dumbells.

chrischap01
06-25-2007, 08:47 PM
Weight rooms have a much higher tool to cool person ratio than just about anywhere else.

My sister loves her spin class so much that she is in fact marrying her spin instructor.

katiedids
06-26-2007, 05:51 AM
My sister loves her spin class so much that she is in fact marrying her spin instructor.

thats awesome

katiedids
06-26-2007, 06:01 AM
here's today:

7:30-8am
30min fasted cardio on the arc trainer

9am
4 egg whites
2 slices turkey bacon
1/2 cup mushrooms
scrambled with tobasco sauce

11am

1pm
5oz chicken breast
2 cups mixed greens with tomatoes, cucumber, celery
1 sugar free jello

4pm
4oz sliced turkey with mustard

7-8pm
yoga

8:15pm
1 large chicken breast stir-fried with
1 cup broccoli
1/2 cup carrots
soy sauce, chili sauce, garlic
2 sugar free popsicles

so i weighed myself at home this morning and still came in at 202lb. after my workout, i took a shower at the gym and weighed myself there and weighed 212lb!!! yes, i freaked out. i get dressed, still kind of upset, and then being the intelligent girl i am, decided to check the scale at zero. and sure enough, it wasnt balanced. so i asked one of the trainers and she told me that in was in fact off. apparently some girl was crying in there yesterday b/c she thought she had gained 10lbs this week. sneaky little gym trying to make people think they gained weight.

cawiau
06-26-2007, 06:10 AM
Congratulations on the weight Loss!
Yeah, I have been miussing in action lately.
Work is kinda crazy and internet connection has been acting up at home.
Anyway, keep up the good job.

How is crazy receptionist and aneroxic girl doing todday?

katiedids
06-26-2007, 06:17 AM
Congratulations on the weight Loss!
Yeah, I have been miussing in action lately.
Work is kinda crazy and internet connection has been acting up at home.
Anyway, keep up the good job.

How is crazy receptionist and aneroxic girl doing todday?

anorexic girl is out of town. she called yesterday to check-in and let us know that the hotel food was so unbearable that she's lost 4 dress sizes this week. (again, she loooves to exaggerate)

crazy receptionist is continuing to lose weight on her mcdonalds only diet. she did however just move into a 3bdroom townhouse and is now running around btching that her salary isnt covering her new rent and bills, and has since demanded a raise. arent you supposed to figure that sht out beforehand??

if she gets a raise, i'm going out to buy a ferrari. and then yes, i will complain that my salary isnt covering my new car payments.

chrischap01
06-26-2007, 08:25 AM
sneaky little gym trying to make people think they gained weight.

Do you workout at GloboGym? lol

I would think they would want people to think they are losing. People making no progress are more likely to quit!

cawiau
06-26-2007, 08:54 AM
anorexic girl is out of town. she called yesterday to check-in and let us know that the hotel food was so unbearable that she's lost 4 dress sizes this week. (again, she loooves to exaggerate)

Wow :eek:
incredible exageration

if she gets a raise, i'm going out to buy a ferrari. and then yes, i will complain that my salary isnt covering my new car payments.

Yep :)
I agree.

katiedids
06-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Do you workout at GloboGym? lol

I would think they would want people to think they are losing. People making no progress are more likely to quit!

i know, it was traumatizing.

katiedids
06-26-2007, 11:02 AM
[QUOTE=cawiau;54638161]Wow :eek:
incredible exageration

she'll be back tomorrow...i cant wait to see her.

katiedids
06-27-2007, 06:05 AM
here's today:

8:30am
4 egg whites
1 cup asparagus
1/2 cup mushrooms

11am
1 part skim cheese stick
1 oz sliced turkey

1pm
1 hamburger, lean ground beef (no bun)
1 cup mixed greens
1/2 medium tomato

4pm
1 part skim cheese stick

6:30-7:15pm
spin class (unless i go see Die Hard, and then today will be my off day for the week)

7:30pm
1 grilled chicken breast
Roasted veggies (1/2 eggplant, 1/2 red bell pepper, 1/2 cup baby carrots
Mocha ricotta creme (1/2 cup ricotta cheese, 1/4tsp vanilla, 1/2tsp unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 packet splenda)

chrischap01
06-27-2007, 08:54 AM
Die Hard! I am going to see it tonight, but I will be hitting the gym too. ;)

cawiau
06-27-2007, 09:16 AM
she'll be back tomorrow...i cant wait to see her.

Be nice :)

cawiau
06-27-2007, 09:17 AM
Enjoy Die Hard people and let me know how it was. :)

katiedids
06-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Die Hard! I am going to see it tonight, but I will be hitting the gym too. ;)

haha...youre going to see die hard AND the gym. aren't you the good one?...yeah i think i'll just go do cardio, but i wouldnt be able to make it to the spinning class :(

i'm so pumped for die hard. it's going to be an awesome few weeks for movies; die hard, transformers, harry potter (thats right), and that adam sandler movie and also ratatouille

katiedids
06-27-2007, 09:32 AM
Enjoy Die Hard people and let me know how it was. :)

of course.

ok people, it's about 95 degrees and sunny. i really want to fake sick and leave the office so i can go hang out by my grandparents pool for the rest of the day. is that terrible of me?

cawiau
06-27-2007, 09:34 AM
of course.

ok people, it's about 95 degrees and sunny. i really want to fake sick and leave the office so i can go hang out by my grandparents pool for the rest of the day. is that terrible of me?

nope, as long as I can join you :)
I am at home and it is hot as hell here in NJ
would love to have a pool now.

cawiau
06-27-2007, 09:37 AM
harry potter (thats right),

Why not? I read all the books and saw all the movies so far
Yeah :)

katiedids
06-27-2007, 09:40 AM
nope, as long as I can join you :)
I am at home and it is hot as hell here in NJ
would love to have a pool now.

excellent, you will be my alibi.

katiedids
06-27-2007, 09:42 AM
Why not? I read all the books and saw all the movies so far
Yeah :)

LOVE THE BOOKS. cannot wait, (but am sad) for the last one. the movies are good, but i dont know if i'd like them as much if i hadnt read the books...they are like a treat to the books. i think this next movie will be good though.

cawiau
06-27-2007, 09:44 AM
excellent, you will be my alibi.

you got it ;)

chrischap01
06-27-2007, 10:00 AM
I think Order of the Phoenix looks good, and I have liked all of the movies so far.

I am going to see a sneak of Transformers tomorrow night.

My, aren't we a bunch of dorks...

katiedids
06-27-2007, 10:03 AM
I think Order of the Phoenix looks good, and I have liked all of the movies so far.

I am going to see a sneak of Transformers tomorrow night.

hahaha..my friend is actually making fun of me right now...he says my tastes havent 'evolved past those of an 11yr old'. i'm offended.

chrischap01
06-27-2007, 10:07 AM
hahaha..my friend is actually making fun of me right now...he says my tastes havent 'evolved past those of an 11yr old'. i'm offended.
It will keep you young, while he will become old, sad, and jaded.

katiedids
06-27-2007, 10:11 AM

thats what i said. not as eloquently as you...i just called him cold and heartless

cawiau
06-27-2007, 10:37 AM

Exactly.
My mom is 47 but she acts like she is my age or younger. SHe is stil young at heart. We hang out together all the time.
She wants to go see the cartoon movies when they come out with my brother and sister (5 and 4) and she enjoys it more than they do sometimes :)
I am telling you, when you see us hanging out together people are surprised that she is really my mother.

cawiau
06-27-2007, 10:45 AM
thats what i said. not as eloquently as you...i just called him cold and heartless

harsh ....:)

cawiau
06-27-2007, 10:52 AM

Long live the dorks :D

chrischap01
06-27-2007, 09:22 PM
Well, Die Hard was sold out when I got there so the review will have to wait. Transformers tomorrow, though!

katiedids
06-28-2007, 06:27 AM
die hard was awesome! so jealous that you get to see transformers...

katiedids
06-28-2007, 11:55 AM
so yesterday was my last day of my week of low carb. i think i'm going to eat some brown rice today and then maybe stick to low carb for a while. mainly b/c i have a 4th of july bbq on the 3rd and another one on the 4th, and then i'm going out of town for 3 days. so hopefully, it will balance everything out.

i haven't decided if i'm going to run outside today (it's about 90 degrees though...) or go do cardio at the gym...

chrischap01
06-28-2007, 02:42 PM
it's nasty out, I'd go to the gym

krissymoo
06-28-2007, 08:14 PM
hey i was curious, do you find that cardio is a huge part of your fat loss? I'm wondering if I should increase from 3 to 6 times...

also, it looks like you are eating 5 times... try one more for 6, I actually get better results on 6 than 5... i do my meals starting at 7 and then every 2- 3.5 hours after

I totally agree with the weekend thing... it's so hard. ESP sunday... I can blow a whole week in 1 meal... lol... but not this weekend. I'm staying strict!

btw, great goals! I hope you reach them and keep up the good work!

katiedids
06-29-2007, 06:31 AM
it's nasty out, I'd go to the gym

yeah it was super nasty out so i ended up going to the gym instead.

katiedids
06-29-2007, 06:37 AM
hey i was curious, do you find that cardio is a huge part of your fat loss? I'm wondering if I should increase from 3 to 6 times...

also, it looks like you are eating 5 times... try one more for 6, I actually get better results on 6 than 5... i do my meals starting at 7 and then every 2- 3.5 hours after

I totally agree with the weekend thing... it's so hard. ESP sunday... I can blow a whole week in 1 meal... lol... but not this weekend. I'm staying strict!

btw, great goals! I hope you reach them and keep up the good work!

hi!! i've been reading your journal too!

as far as cardio goes, if all i did was eat right, i could def lose weight without cardio. but for me, i think it does help and i actually like doing it so i keep it in. i'd say i average about 4-5 sessions per week.

thanks for the suggestion about eating 6 times/day. i'll def try. i've noticed that it works better for me if i eat closer to every 3hrs (instead of every 2) so i'll see where i can squeeze another meal in! maybe a shake or something...

yeah, weekends are tough...it's so much easier if i just dont make plans to go out!! i'm not so much worried about this weekend...but next week with the 4th is going to be rough!!

yeah, i need to step it up if i'm going to get close to that first goal by the end of august. i'd be happy if i was in the 170's.

katiedids
06-29-2007, 07:00 AM
ok, yesterday was a total waste of a day food-wise. i felt sick all day and didnt eat until about 1pm. and then i ate a brownie. yes, a brownie. at about 3pm i had 5oz of lean ground beef and a cheese stick. then i did cardio for 45min and ate one laughing cow light cheese and cucumbers. this is where it gets really bad.

i began to feel worse and started throwing up. then i would get hungry and i would eat (i had some toast, cheese, some plain ww pasta) and threw up again. repeat cycle. and this was all b/w 9-11pm. so like i said, waste of a day. no structure, and i have no idea how many calories i actually consumed.

i feel better today, but super tired b/c i kept waking up every few hours last night. so here's a draft of today:

(i havent eaten yet, woke up still not feeling 100%)

10am
1 oz sliced turkey with mustard
1 part skim cheese stick

1pm
2 cups mixed greens
1/2 medium tomato
6.5 oz tuna
2tbsp sugar free greek dressing
1 sugar free jello

4pm
1 large celery stalk
1 cup cucumber
edit: i added, 2tbsp of almond butter and decaf green tea

7pm
1 large chicken breast
Roasted veggies (eggplant, red pepper, carrots)
2 sugar free popsicles

krissymoo
06-30-2007, 11:44 AM
hi!! i've been reading your journal too!

as far as cardio goes, if all i did was eat right, i could def lose weight without cardio. but for me, i think it does help and i actually like doing it so i keep it in. i'd say i average about 4-5 sessions per week.

thanks for the suggestion about eating 6 times/day. i'll def try. i've noticed that it works better for me if i eat closer to every 3hrs (instead of every 2) so i'll see where i can squeeze another meal in! maybe a shake or something...

yeah, weekends are tough...it's so much easier if i just dont make plans to go out!! i'm not so much worried about this weekend...but next week with the 4th is going to be rough!!

yeah, i need to step it up if i'm going to get close to that first goal by the end of august. i'd be happy if i was in the 170's.

Yay someone reads my journal! lol. i do do two shakes during the day, and since they dont really "last" a long time in your gut I can usually eat a couple hours later. I've been stuck at 174 for almost 2 weeks... well fluctuating btwn 174 and 176... which is 10 lbs down from my original weight. Keep up the good work, you'll for sure hit 170!

katiedids
06-30-2007, 12:04 PM
Yay someone reads my journal! lol. i do do two shakes during the day, and since they dont really "last" a long time in your gut I can usually eat a couple hours later. I've been stuck at 174 for almost 2 weeks... well fluctuating btwn 174 and 176... which is 10 lbs down from my original weight. Keep up the good work, you'll for sure hit 170!

trust me, i know how incredibly frustrating it is to stay at the same weight!! it's so depressing. yeah, i used to do a whey and strawberry shake in the morning that was good. i'm going to try to add it back in.

katiedids
06-30-2007, 09:10 PM
i was bad tonight!!! i started the day off ok, egg whites, bonne bell light cheese, followed by some cottage cheese a few hours later. i then went to a family bbq, which was fine b/c i had steak and salad.

then i went to a friends house, we cooked dinner and i suggested making a stirfry. it was yummy; chicken, tofu, broccoli, red pepper, carrots, onions, not bad....but then i ate about 1 cup of jasmine rice. still not terrible...until the strawberry daquari...and then about 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream w/ 5 crushed oreos!!!! oh nooo!!!

so the game plan is to hit the gym hard tomorrow and eat super clean tomorrow and monday...and try my best to eat clean on the 3rd and 4th....

chrischap01
06-30-2007, 09:25 PM
so the game plan is to hit the gym hard tomorrow and eat super clean tomorrow and monday...and try my best to eat clean on the 3rd and 4th....

good game plan

Saint Mike
06-30-2007, 11:06 PM
Consider it a cheat day, put it behind you and don't look back.

Peace,
Mike

jklv
06-30-2007, 11:23 PM
Consider it a cheat day, put it behind you and don't look back.

Peace,
Mike
Exactly x3
Good luck kt!

katiedids
07-01-2007, 01:51 PM
thanks both of you! cheat meal it was, i suppose. damn, i was trying to be so good so i could cheat on the 4th a little. hopefully i can just balance everything out with a few good cardio sessions. yay for spinning tomorrow night!

katiedids
07-02-2007, 12:38 PM
ok...so i've kind of just been eating all day, but from my calculations am still within my macro limits (35% protien, 24% carbs, 41% fat). but still, i've literally been eating every hour or so...

9am
4 egg whites
2 slices turkey bacon
1/2 cup mushrooms

10:30
1 part skim cheese stick

11:30
1/2 cup brown rice
1 cup stirfry with chicken, tofu, broccoli, onions, red pepper and carrots

1:30
1/4 cup trail mix (raisins, peanuts, almonds, dark chocolate pieces and peanut butter chips) I've been having a major sweet craving and this helped. it was about 150 calories and 8 grams of sugar

3pm
1 small multi-grain roll
4 oz sliced turkey
mustard

5:30
1 sugar free jello cup
1 cup cucumber

6:30-7:15
spin class

7:45pm
2 cups stirfry with chicken, tofu, broccoli, red peppers, onions, carrots (it ends up being about 4oz of chicken/tofu)
1 cup mixed greens
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 sugar free jello cup

cawiau
07-02-2007, 01:53 PM
I am back, I am back, I am back!!!

I see you've got alot of visitors while I was gone.
So did not miss me much, han!!

How is everything?
Wasn't today suppose to be weight in day?

katiedids
07-02-2007, 01:57 PM
I am back, I am back, I am back!!!

I see you've got alot of visitors while I was gone.
So did not miss me much, han!!

How is everything?
Wasn't today suppose to be weight in day?

i know!! it's been lonely without you! IT WAS WEIGH IN DAY AND I FORGOT!! oopies...i'll weigh myself tomorrow. i'm in no rush, i was naughty on sat and ate bad things and didnt workout yesterday. BUT, i am going to bike my little heart out at spinning tonight.

see what happens when you leave!??!?! i eat bad things and dont workout. stop it.

cawiau
07-02-2007, 02:43 PM
see what happens when you leave!??!?! i eat bad things and dont workout. stop it.

HAHA!!
need to control the cravings.
Just take it easy.
Enjoy the bike ride later on and remem

chrischap01
07-02-2007, 03:46 PM

I skipped my workout Sunday, but I don't think it was Caw's fault. It could be though, somebody definitely must be held responsible for this outrage! ;)

katiedids
07-02-2007, 07:27 PM
seeeee?!?!?! look at the madness when he leaves. seriously, sunday was insane...i couldnt get myself to do anything. must have been something in the air that day in this area....

the weather the last few days has been AMAZING.

katiedids
07-02-2007, 07:28 PM
ok, i really did bike my ass off in spinning tonight, it was a great workout. go me.

Saint Mike
07-03-2007, 06:17 AM
Damn Caw, they have no mercy when it comes to assigning blame. ;)

It would seem that the world of fat loss depends on you to carry it. I guess we should start calling you Atlas.

Peace,
Mike

chrischap01
07-03-2007, 06:28 AM
ok, i really did bike my ass off in spinning tonight, it was a great workout. go me.
good work!

heathershubby
07-03-2007, 09:44 AM
Well I just went off in the trans contest thread at some guy that must be cai's fault too lol j/k

seriously though nice job on the spinning that is uber calorie burn great work.

cawiau
07-03-2007, 10:03 AM
Hello, still waiting for the weight in ;)

cawiau
07-03-2007, 10:59 AM

It would seem that the world of fat loss depends on you to carry it. I guess we should start calling you Atlas.

Peace,
Mike

I have no problem taking the blame, as long as they thank me when the loose the fat.

Not katiedis, get back on track and tell us how much weight you have lost so far.

katiedids
07-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Well I just went off in the trans contest thread at some guy that must be cai's fault too lol j/k

seriously though nice job on the spinning that is uber calorie burn great work.

i know, i'm SO glad that i like spinning. i HATED it the first time i tried it.

katiedids
07-03-2007, 10:43 PM

Peace,
Mike

no mercy. none at all.

katiedids
07-03-2007, 10:54 PM
I have no problem taking the blame, as long as they thank me when the loose the fat.

Not katiedis, get back on track and tell us how much weight you have lost so far.

i know i know!! i wasnt at work today b/c i was helping a friend prep for a big 4th bbq tomorrow...sooooo, i havent been around a computer.

umm...i dont know how much i lost this week...the scale kept fluctuating between 201 and 201.5...so somewhere b/w 1/2 and 1 pound. DAMNIT...will i ever get below 200?!?!?! it's like pulling teeth.

i've come to terms with the fact that i am not going to eat totally clean tomorrow....my friend and i spent the day cooking and prepping for tomorrow..menu is:

hamburgers
hotdogs
veggie burgers
chicken and mushroom skewers (chicken and mushrooms are marinated in a soy marinade and then chicken is wrapped in bacon and it is alll skewered w/ pineapple...her recipe, but it should be good)
orzo pasta salad (roasted veggies, olive oil vinegrette, pine nuts, feta)sooo goood
potato salad
grilled corn
salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and red onion
watermelon
flag cake (vanilla cake with cream cheese icing, all homemade, decorated w/ strawberries and blueberries to look like an American flag...USA! USA!)
sangria (jummy, my recipe)
red, white and blue koolaid (there will be kids)
other alcoholic beverages, but seriously, my sangria trumps all

i think that's it. soooooo....we'll see what happens tomorrow. i was proactive though, i scheduled a session w/ the personal trainer at 8am on thurs! i'm going to need a kickass workout.

i saw transformers tonight. i thought it was really good. i wuv bumble bee. people i was with didnt love it, they thought it was cheesy and they dont like michael bay. it was a really really funny movie though....

happy 4th everyone! go team!

cawiau
07-03-2007, 11:34 PM
no mercy. none at all.

That's the way we do things around here :)

chrischap01
07-04-2007, 06:42 AM
i saw transformers tonight. i thought it was really good. i wuv bumble bee. people i was with didnt love it, they thought it was cheesy and they dont like michael bay. it was a really really funny movie though....

happy 4th everyone! go team!

I HATE Michael Bay, and I thought Transformers was great. Funny, awesome effects, constant action, can't think of any flaws...

Have a GREAT 4th, and enjoy your bbq!

katiedids
07-05-2007, 07:48 AM
I HATE Michael Bay, and I thought Transformers was great. Funny, awesome effects, constant action, can't think of any flaws...

Have a GREAT 4th, and enjoy your bbq!

yeah i liked it, i thought it was hilarious. that's quite a run i saw in your thread....

katiedids
07-05-2007, 07:59 AM
ok...so bbq yesterday was alot of fun. unlike everyone else from what i've been reading, i was bad. i didnt go crazy or anything. ended up not going out to see fireworks b/c there were crazy tornado warnings here and they actually evacuated the mall for a few hours (national mall w/ the monuments, capital, etc. for you non-dc people)

had a great lifting session this morning at the gym. i'm going out of town tomorrow morning thru sunday. i've decided (inspired by this big velocity thread) to follow a plan i found (i'll post it) and stick to it (no cheating, etc) from monday thru jul 28.

cawiau
07-05-2007, 08:06 AM
Still waiting for the weight in ;)

katiedids
07-05-2007, 08:12 AM
it's in there!! mixed into one of my posts on tuesday...

"umm...i dont know how much i lost this week...the scale kept fluctuating between 201 and 201.5...so somewhere b/w 1/2 and 1 pound. DAMNIT...will i ever get below 200?!?!?! it's like pulling teeth."

cawiau
07-05-2007, 08:17 AM
it's in there!! mixed into one of my posts on tuesday...

"umm...i dont know how much i lost this week...the scale kept fluctuating between 201 and 201.5...so somewhere b/w 1/2 and 1 pound. DAMNIT...will i ever get below 200?!?!?! it's like pulling teeth."

Ok, please put it in your sig.
that is what I automatically check every monday.
So please update you sig.

cawiau
07-05-2007, 08:23 AM
by the way, don't worry
You will get to 200 in due time.

katiedids
07-05-2007, 08:24 AM
fine fine fine...

cawiau
07-05-2007, 08:29 AM
fine fine fine...

thanks, really appreciate it.
And sorry if I gave you a hard time :)

katiedids
07-05-2007, 08:30 AM
dictator.

cawiau
07-05-2007, 08:34 AM
dictator.

I take it as a compliment :)
Thanks from the heart ;)

chrischap01
07-05-2007, 09:33 AM
yeah i liked it, i thought it was hilarious. that's quite a run i saw in your thread....
Yeah, it was fun! It was more of a jog-walk, or a jalk than a run! It was fun though, I had never been over to Jefferson or FDR.

People were looking at me funny in the National Gallery. I was covered in sweat, soaked through my shirt, and I was basically power walking through!

cawiau
07-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Something is not right :confused:

Now I get it: WHERE IS YOUR CALORIE INTAKE / DIET FOR TODAY ????

Starting to slack off ;)

katiedids
07-05-2007, 10:19 AM
Yeah, it was fun! It was more of a jog-walk, or a jalk than a run! It was fun though, I had never been over to Jefferson or FDR.

People were looking at me funny in the National Gallery. I was covered in sweat, soaked through my shirt, and I was basically power walking through!

hee hee...way to scare off the nice little tourists. yeah the fdr memorial is cool

katiedids
07-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Something is not right :confused:

Now I get it: WHERE IS YOUR CALORIE INTAKE / DIET FOR TODAY ????

Starting to slack off ;)

i just saw this! i know!! this week is so weird b/c of the 4th, and i've been in and out of the office all week AND i'm so pumped up for my plan on monday...here's today:

7am
4 egg whites
2 slices turkey bacon
1/2 cup mushrooms

8-9am
1 hour fullbody lifting

10am
4 oz turkey
1/2 cup orzo salad from yesterday

1pm
sushi (i know, i know...i'm on vacation mode, how bad)

3pm
1 cup cottage cheese
10 cherry tomatoes

6:30
grilled chicken breast
roasted veggies (red pepper, eggplant, carrots)
sugar free jello

cawiau
07-05-2007, 12:09 PM
i just saw this! i know!! this week is so weird b/c of the 4th, and i've been in and out of the office all week AND i'm so pumped up for my plan on monday...here's today:

7am
4 egg whites
2 slices turkey bacon
1/2 cup mushrooms

8-9am
1 hour fullbody lifting

10am
4 oz turkey
1/2 cup orzo salad from yesterday

1pm
sushi (i know, i know...i'm on vacation mode, how bad)

3pm
1 cup cottage cheese
10 cherry tomatoes

6:30
grilled chicken breast
roasted veggies (red pepper, eggplant, carrots)
sugar free jello

Still missing something

Total calories????
Total fat???????
Total carb??????
Total protein????

katiedids
07-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Still missing something

Total calories????
Total fat???????
Total carb??????