PDA

View Full Version : veggies main source of carbs ok?

Mr. Manlet
06-11-2007, 09:10 PM
ok i am going to cut very soon, before i do tho i want to clarify some things..i have talked to a few people who said when cutting, cut out all breads / starches and sugars such as fruit and milk / dairy products

now that leaves me with very few options for carbs..and they said that veggies should be my main source of carbs such as broccoli and coliflower. i was thinking sweet potatoes and yams..but those would be considered startches no?

now how reasonable does this sound and does it look ok? and how many carbs a day should i be aiming at?

ty

LMW
06-11-2007, 09:13 PM
your always gonna want slow digesting carbs like oats,plus you would have to eat a ****load of broccoli to get all your carbs

Mr. Manlet
06-11-2007, 09:16 PM
yea i was thinkin that..but other than oats what would be ok source of cabrs on a strict and clean cut?

in the morning i eat a cup of oats..other than that basically veggies would be my carbs

DarinK
06-11-2007, 09:17 PM
If you are going to do mostly veggies as carbs I would still eat oats in the morning, and use dextrose post workout. Or you could just do keto, because all veggies and no starchy carbs is just one step away from a keto diet.

Mr. Manlet
06-11-2007, 09:33 PM
alright, ill look into that thx man