PDA

View Full Version : Conditioning for football...

TheCrime91
06-10-2007, 07:43 PM
What's going on? Quick question: I've been running my sprints and such (with a certain amount of seconds in between each sprint) but I still find that I'm not where I want to be conditioning wise... when I was a freshman going to high school I used to run atleast a mile everyday and I was in really good shape and I want to be in the absolute BEST shape ever going into college for football before training camp... but I've heard that running distance like that can effect your speed... so what should I do?

remix26
06-10-2007, 07:49 PM
i wouldnt concentrate on jogging for endurance

just do longer springs to increase speed endurance.

so if you've been doing 40s, 100s. do some 200s and 400s.

also you can set up a square(like a field) and jog to the corner..sprint to the other..jog..sprint.

it gets very tiring at first. i've done it on a soccer field a few times jogging long way, sprinting the shorter way and do it 3x..take a 2 minute rest..then go again for 3 sets

also if ur at a gym and they have the step ups(with the 2 pedals), its good to go for 20-25 minutes to start and do: Level 8-10 for a minute..then increase to 18-20(20 is max) for a minute..switch between the 2 every minute.

Leenad
06-10-2007, 08:18 PM
i wouldnt concentrate on jogging for endurance

also you can set up a square(like a field) and jog to the corner..sprint to the other..jog..sprint.

it gets very tiring at first. i've done it on a soccer field a few times jogging long way, sprinting the shorter way and do it 3x..take a 2 minute rest..then go again for 3 sets

Yeah, my coaches called them burmer roads or something like that.. My friend made a joke that they named it that after some kid who was running it and died lol. And I would sprint the long way and jog the short way.