PDA

View Full Version : Losing weight = new position?

Veeshmack
06-10-2007, 08:26 PM
so my teams pre-season is done and i have 2 months til season starts
i am currently:
Center/Defensive End
5'7"
160 (ish) pounds

i have been wanting to lose some fat for a while now and am going to pursue that over the summer, hoping to bring it down. i currently am chubby, people dont think i am fat, but the thing is, if i was to drop my weight, would the coaches possibly move my position, i mean, i am already the smallest O-lineman in the league, so what do you think the odds are that i would get moved?
thanks for input of any sort

...this is for football

TEmike81
06-10-2007, 08:35 PM
are you athletic enough to play other positions? have you played other positions? what are you thinking of?

Veeshmack
06-10-2007, 08:46 PM
i have had a pre-season of fullback about a year ago at my old school, other than that, just mainly DE
i would say i am athletic enough to play other positions
i am quick, not the best, but a pretty good hitter, i have really good hands and catching abilities

Leenad
06-10-2007, 09:11 PM
Only if you are fast.

Veeshmack
06-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Only if you are fast.

definately, i'm as fast as our current fullback, and faster than some of our linebackers

gekkoboy14
06-10-2007, 09:13 PM
ur awfully short and light for a d end. Hope u drop into coverage alot

Veeshmack
06-10-2007, 09:20 PM
ur awfully short and light for a d end. Hope u drop into coverage alot

i actually dont :(
i love playing DE, not a big fan of Center tho, and like i said, i am the smallest lineman in the league as it stands, so if i was smaller i prolly wouldnt be a lineman anymore

Footballstar_rb
06-10-2007, 09:29 PM
for you size i would say try moving to FB, TB or CB...those are the best positions for you if you say want to play collage or what ever after High school. lower body fat, work on speed and agility