PDA

View Full Version : Protein shake is making me sick



LoserKid182
08-02-2004, 09:21 PM
i just got a container of this vanilla "power meal" and while i was drinking it tasted fine. i had 14 oz to start with and when i had 2 oz left, i had to run to the washroom and had dirieah. And also i threw like 25mins after which made me feel better. Now when i re-opened the bottle, the mear smell of the vanilla made my stomach clenche and me feel a bit queasy. What should i do, i wanna finish off the bottle, but i dunno if i can handle the taste, so should i give it to a friend, or try adding fruits or other recipes to get rid of the vanilla taste?

done_12
08-02-2004, 09:25 PM
Reminds me of the college days and lighting Rum shooters on fire and drinking them. Still to this day I do not touch rum, as it reminds me of my shoes coming out of my mouth.

Best guess dude, is you might not ever stomach it again, or you could get some Cocoa Mint mix by On Whey and mix it in there for more flavor.

PumpingBricks
08-03-2004, 01:54 AM
Get some Syntrax Nectar or Molecular Whey Fruity protein! That stuff tastes like candy!! :)

Balboa
08-03-2004, 02:34 AM
i had the same problem, the first time i drank it i had to really force it down and took ages to drink coz i was dreading each sip, next time i drank it it was still rank but managed it, 3rd time i was kinda used to the taste. its just a case of keep drinking it and eventually ull get used to it.

LoserKid182
08-03-2004, 08:08 AM
hmmm can anyone recommend a good recipe that includes vanilla powder, cause i really want to finish the container.

No0b
08-03-2004, 08:15 AM
It's probably just the brand.
Could've been a bad or old batch.
Are you lactose intollerant? There are certain brands I can't use or I end up with stomach cramps and problems.

If you got it at a health food store, you could probably just return it or exchange it even though it's opened.

SkinnyB
08-03-2004, 12:56 PM
EAS Myopro Whey Vanilla + orange or red gatorade powder + water....... not thick, goes down easy, tastes good, no dairy (dairy makes alot of people sick to the stomach including myself).

vilevomit
08-03-2004, 03:39 PM
Bump on that for Syntrax Nectar. This stuff is amazing taste wise.

Ron_Jeremy
08-03-2004, 04:11 PM
I like to mix frozen fruit in my vanilla shakes and a bananna. Makes it thick and cool. I also use soy milk cause I never drink cows milk. just a side question here, will adding fruit and bananna be detramental to protein up take?

LoserKid182
08-11-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by SkinnyB
EAS Myopro Whey Vanilla + orange or red gatorade powder + water....... not thick, goes down easy, tastes good, no dairy (dairy makes alot of people sick to the stomach including myself).



hmmm instead of the gatorade powder, do u think i can use jello powder? cause i have packs of thoses, cause i really want to get the vanilla taste out of the shake... ya the first time i had it was with homo milk instead of water, but now every sip i take( even with water) i start to gag and then throw up, which i don't want cause i'm trying to gain weight

Melkor
08-11-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by LoserKid182
the first time i had it was with homo milk instead of water

I'm not sure if I want to know or not...

What's homo milk?

LoserKid182
08-12-2004, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Melkor
I'm not sure if I want to know or not...

What's homo milk?

well in canada theres 1% milk and 2% milk, Its either called homonogized(homo for short) or partly skimmed milk. Homo milk hasmore protein than partly skimmed...

Your Ad Here
08-12-2004, 08:34 AM
What's the big deal? if something tastes gross, throw it out and accept the loss. Buy bland protein wholesale fro PF or PW or ATW and make your own flavors. This way you're not stuck with one lousy flavor.

You can't trust opinions when it comes to taste. I've heard people rave about stuff that made me gag. (Ever hear of GROW? Yuk!). The added vitamins in MRP's also ruin the taste. Take a multi and do the protein shakes for protein

mondesi02
08-12-2004, 08:37 AM
..Buy some calorie free syrups to add to your shakes.

check out these threads:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=3610277#post3610277

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=3680802#post3680802

LoserKid182
08-12-2004, 06:35 PM
has anyone tried it with jello powder? cuase in canada they don't sell gatorade in powder

LHDan
08-12-2004, 06:51 PM
I'm guessing jello will make it thicken up even more, I wouldn't advise it. Also, never buy vanilla unless you have heard it's good. Vanilla usually sucks. Always buy chocolate, I've never tasted a bad chocolate. If a company screws up chocolate, they have serious problems.
If you are determined to drink it, try banannas (frozen) and honey, it made EAS myopro taste really good.
Or, just throw it out man. Buy some more.

mondesi02
08-12-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by LHDan
Always buy chocolate, I've never tasted a bad chocolate. If a company screws up chocolate, they have serious problems.
If you are determined to drink it, try banannas (frozen) and honey, it made EAS myopro taste really good.
Or, just throw it out man. Buy some more.

IMO...if you buy chocolate whey and nothing else..you are SOL when it comes to mixing it with other stuff (fruit & flavored syrups)...If you buy something like vanilla, butter toffee, carmel, cookies N Creme..and you mix it with other stuff you get such a better tasting shake..IMO !

sicosico
08-12-2004, 07:22 PM
some kinds of protein give me upset stomach and diarrhea if i drink alot of it in empty stomach

LHDan
08-12-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by mondesi02
IMO...if you buy chocolate whey and nothing else..you are SOL when it comes to mixing it with other stuff (fruit & flavored syrups)...If you buy something like vanilla, butter toffee, carmel, cookies N Creme..and you mix it with other stuff you get such a better tasting shake..IMO !

You can mix banannas, strawberries, peanutbutter or honey with chocolate. I've even mixed swole fruit punch with it and it tasted pretty good. Plus it masks the taste of flax oil nicely. I can't think of a single thing I would want to mix with cookies n cream or butter toffee. Although the butter toffee covers up the taste of flax nicely too. I could see banannas with carmel, but that's about it.
Here is the thing though, after a workout, I want to grab my shaker cup and shake up my protein and dex and slam it down. They don't have blenders at the gym, and I don't want something that will taste like ass, and good strawberries and vanillas are hard to find IMO. I hear Dymatize is good, so I'm going to give them a try.

mondesi02
08-12-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by LHDan
I hear Dymatize is good, so I'm going to give them a try.

...I hear what your saying, Before I wasn't able to use a blender for my PWO shake I could care less what I was putting in my shaker cup as long as it had all the carbs/protein I needed...

Give Dymatize a try - There protein flavors are great plus for the price you can't beat it!

LHDan
08-12-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by mondesi02
...Give Dymatize a try - There protein flavors are great plus for the price you can't beat it!

Yeah, I like the butter toffee and I've heard a lot of good things about the other flavors.

Your Ad Here
08-12-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by LHDan
I'm guessing jello will make it thicken up even more, I wouldn't advise it. Also, never buy vanilla unless you have heard it's good. Vanilla usually sucks. Always buy chocolate, I've never tasted a bad chocolate. If a company screws up chocolate, they have serious problems.
If you are determined to drink it, try banannas (frozen) and honey, it made EAS myopro taste really good.
Or, just throw it out man. Buy some more.


I've tasted some really bad chocolate. Muscle Milk is the only decent tasting vanilla. What's the big deal, get some vanilla syrup or use vanilla extract and a scoop of hazan daz. That's a million times better than any brand somebody's going to suggest.