PDA

View Full Version : Underarmour for football

BigGreek
06-09-2007, 07:12 PM
I was thinking about getting the turf gear shirt, maybe some other stuff, like the calf socks they have because during doubles especially, my feet burn, the astro turf gets incredibly hot. What do you guys think about the underarmour gear?

jmurphy22
06-09-2007, 07:31 PM
i wear underarmour myself. For football tho, i used the underarmour baseball socks and had no problems, kept my feet cool.

BigGreek
06-09-2007, 09:20 PM
What about the boxers or compression shorts? Are those skullys any good?

T-Wrecks
06-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Honestly I've tried lesser brand name compression shorts, and they feel the same. But at a much cheaper price :)

kgBALLIN24
06-09-2007, 11:08 PM
under armor helmet visor =]

06-09-2007, 11:14 PM
Honestly, I feel that effects of wearing under armour compared to non brand named athletic gear or even regular clothes are negligible. It's not like you put on under armour and it's like OH **** I justt put on 15 pounds of LBM, and it's 105 degrees out and this heat gear makes it feel like 70, I used to suck at football before wearing it but now I'm great, Thanks under armour!!

It's really not that serious, just suck it up and play ball.

remix26
06-10-2007, 05:47 AM
my team is sponsored by Nike (jerseys, cleats) so i gotta roll with that

Snowman723
06-10-2007, 08:06 AM
I love those kinds of Products, I have multiple shirts of Underarmour, Nike Pro Fit, and Icegear.

Personally I think Icegear works the best but unfortunately its not available in the US, unless you want to order it and pay for shipping/taxes which are nuts to ship to the States.

ThrillHouse43
06-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Wear compression shorts and maybe a UA All Season shirt. Calf socks and skullies are stupid and useless. Instead of buying those just send me a check for the amount you were going to spend on them and I'll put it to better use.

janssen_8_5
06-10-2007, 01:54 PM
My university is also sponsored by NIKE and that stuff works well. In highschool I used UA and it worked great. The cold gear is the only stuff that is a must. I also just got a different helmet in spring ball and was having problems with sweat in my eyes. I bought one of the mesh top skullies and it is now a must for me. I know NFL Equipment is also very nice.

If I were you, get the comp. shorts, a heat gear shirt. I don't really think you need the socks unless you want to try them out.

janssen_8_5
06-10-2007, 01:57 PM
skullies are stupid and useless.

That's what I thought until this past spring. I was having trouble seeing with the sweat that was draining from my helmet into my eyes. It helped me a ton! However, my helmet did slip some.

TriadKnight65
06-10-2007, 02:21 PM
my team is sponsored by Nike (jerseys, cleats) so i gotta roll with that

so is mine but i still wear UA shirts and cleats w/ a oakley visor

fatpharmboy
06-11-2007, 05:54 AM
Interesting article on a type of material developed for the military that is slowly making its way into mainstream workout clothes:
http://www.criticalbench.com/Workout-Assault-Gear.htm

I've used this and you can tell a big difference when it comes to staying cool, maintaining hydration, etc.

Cowart69
06-11-2007, 12:28 PM
OK....a really stupid question about some of the gear

Compression shorts - what does this do for you exactly

Also the other day I saw a shirt that looked like it was padded to be able to absorb hits a little better....since my son is going to be outweighed by most on his team this year I was taking a hard look at it....anybody use one of those?

fitfinn89
06-11-2007, 01:32 PM
ok, dont get long sleeve, be a man and get sleevless, it will help so much wiht the hot ass turf, also get an oakley visor, u will look like a boss-get the smoked one or all black if your allowed

.Smithers
06-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Get compression shorts, long socks, cut-off heat gear for the summer, get a long sleeve cold gear top and bottoms for the fall.

BigGreek
06-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Would a visor do me any good at O-line?

.Smithers
06-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Would a visor do me any good at O-line?

It depends...do you get poked a lot? Or are you just trying to look like a bad ass? Both are pretty good reasons to get one.

BigGreek
06-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Haven't gotten poked that much, I'll buy it cause they do look bad ass. Should I get the gray oakley eyeshield?

Raidersfan13
06-11-2007, 06:28 PM
I was thinking about getting the turf gear shirt, maybe some other stuff, like the calf socks they have because during doubles especially, my feet burn, the astro turf gets incredibly hot. What do you guys think about the underarmour gear?

Get it man, really helpful. Its light and keeps you cool.

R4d4c
06-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Our coach doesn't let us wear visors lol.

But um what under armour is good for hot weather to keep you cool i was never sure of it

Leenad
06-11-2007, 07:54 PM
I like long sleeve under armor for cold weather.

nightrain36
06-15-2007, 08:41 AM

my experience is that Nike cleats are the best, and as far as compression shorts underarmor suprpasses nike. The fabric is smoother and doesn't wear out and chaf against other fabric (my mom used to wash all of ym under armor in the delicate load so she took great care of it) I never felt the need for a skully. I love under armor socks, though we had to wear the school issued socks for games. In terms of shirts, compression or loose, i would go with under armor, their product really surpasses a lot of brands in terms of durability and quality and looks. Just don't be the ******* that buys the entire wardrobe and sucks it up on the field.