PDA

View Full Version : More calories needed, but how?

RocketShip
07-30-2004, 11:57 PM
HI guys, first time poster here, and I apologize if this has been covered. I started approximatly 3 weeks ago a hardcore cut. Im 6'4, 350 pounds, at 22 years of age. I have always been a big kid, and fat, but always athletic. I recently made a decision to change my ways, and loose this weight. My motivation has actually been one of the members on this site, and seeing him drop down, and have a great body, has gave me encouragement that I can do the same.

My question is, what do I eat for more calories? Right now, I average around 1700-2000calories a day, and everywhere I read, this should be more... My diet usually includes, kashi cereal, with skim milk for breakfast, go to the gym, mid-high intense cardio for an hour, lifting, or working out whatever part of my body is scheduled for that day for 30-45 minutes, then come home and drink a protein shake. 1-2 hours later I eat a chicken sandwhich on toasted whole wheat bread, 2-3 hours later I eat something like grilled chicken breast, broccoli, carrots, etc. 3-4 hours hours later I eat a can of tuna or two, and then its time to stop eating so I can sleep.

I do not like cottage cheese, or oats, and sometimes I replace the cereal with eggs in the morning. Id be very greatful if I could have some suggestions on what else I could eat, as im worried I might be loosing alot of muscle at this rate... Btw for my 3 week period, im down about 12 pounds. I didnt get my weight the first week, went down 6 pounds the next week, and then 3 pounds the next. I wouldnt mind continuing at 4-5 pounds a week until Im below 300, but Ive read that isnt very good.

Thanks for any help guys!!

Nicholas

wake_me
07-31-2004, 04:04 AM
I believe what you need to do i sfind some "calorie dense" foods. There should be some threads floating around along the lines of "how do I squeeze in those extra calories" etc. Natural peanut butter seems popular, whole wheat rice is fairly dense; As well oats but you said you didn't care for them. Try grinding them up and putting them in a shake.

bulkin_ up
07-31-2004, 06:52 AM
first of all, congrats on making a great decision and changing your ways, it will all pay off. now my question to you is how many calories are you looking to actually add?

mondesi02
07-31-2004, 07:30 AM
3 words!

Flax Seed Oil

RocketShip
07-31-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by bulkin' up
first of all, congrats on making a great decision and changing your ways, it will all pay off. now my question to you is how many calories are you looking to actually add?

Great question... I figured id want to be around 2300 or so... Ive been counting for the past 3 weeks, and my average is right around 1600-1700, and im just not sure of what I can eat, that will add calories, but not be horrible for me...

Flax seed oil... I guess I dont know much about that...

THanks for the replies guys, I will try the cruched oats in my shake, sounds like a good idea... Anything else?

PennState
07-31-2004, 01:14 PM
You can always add another protien shake in sometime after dinner, or 2 tbs. natty peanut butter and (8-16oz) glass of milk right before bed