PDA

View Full Version : Make Oatmeal Taste Better?

GForce78NJ
06-08-2007, 04:30 PM
I will eat oatmeal as my post workout meal until the day i stop lifting because i think its the best thing to have after with 2 scoops of whey, but there is nothin more bland than the taste of oatmeal. I started putting hotsauce and garlic powder into it to help out, but its getting old quick. What are your secrets so i dont go nuts?

Skull Crusher Chris
06-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Cinnamon, honey, splenda, PB, davinci or walden farms syrup, rasins......many more

BaFtub
06-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Wtfux@ Garlic powder & hot sauce LOL.

Try adding some Articial sweeteners such as Splenda, or perhaps a banana...

...The possibilites are endless with the God of Oats.

Do what I and others do to make Fudge Whey... Place one scoop of Whey in a cup and gradually add a TAD bit of water, mixing it, until it creates a fudge-like substance...and spread it over your oatmeal ;D

2 D
06-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries and Bananas IMO. (Cinnamon too!)

Anabolik
06-08-2007, 04:41 PM
eat it raw. I get those big cardboard tubs of quaker oats. I eat it raw and I eat it quick because i do NOT like to eat oats. If you put water in em and then heat em up there is just more to eat. NOOOOOO!

Bandini
06-08-2007, 04:56 PM
Slow cook the oats in a pot (say NO to microwave)...then add some half and half cream, and a bit of cinnamon...yum.
Raisins or banana work very well also.

If you have the hard steel cut pellets, I saute them in butter for a few minutes before adding water. This gives a fantastic flavor to the oats, and then I add half n half after it is fully cooked. Good stuff!

Cinderfella
06-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Cut up an apple, fry it in butter and sugar (not a lot thought), then dump it in there. I don't know how good it is for you, but it taste wonderful!

kensterz
06-08-2007, 05:11 PM
I agree with the cinnamon. Mmmm.

eat it raw. I get those big cardboard tubs of quaker oats. I eat it raw and I eat it quick because i do NOT like to eat oats. If you put water in em and then heat em up there is just more to eat. NOOOOOO!

lol, I tried that once and choked on it. I also tried pouring oats in my mouth and washing it down my throat with cold water, but that didn't work either. Tasted EXTREMELY HORRIBLE and nasty.

Skull Crusher Chris
06-08-2007, 05:15 PM
I also tried pouring oats in my mouth and washing it down my throat with cold water, but that didn't work either. Tasted EXTREMELY HORRIBLE and nasty.

Really, I tried that before and didn't think it tasted that bad lol

M11
06-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries and Bananas IMO. (Cinnamon too!)

tweaked17
06-08-2007, 05:16 PM
the following is SOLELY for taste, though it's really not a cheat meal if you're bulking.

I had my oats at work the other day and I added a splash of sugar-free caramel syrup, a couple of spoonfuls of crushed graham crackers, and a splash of apple flavoring with a dash of cinnamon = caramel apple pie oats. I could eat about 15 pounds of this!

def. doing it again.

Skull Crusher Chris
06-08-2007, 05:19 PM
the following is SOLELY for taste, though it's really not a cheat meal if you're bulking.

I had my oats at work the other day and I added a splash of sugar-free caramel syrup, a couple of spoonfuls of crushed graham crackers, and a splash of apple flavoring with a dash of cinnamon = caramel apple pie oats. I could eat about 15 pounds of this!

def. doing it again.

Damn that sounds good! Lucky for me I'm bulking, definitely gonna give that a go:D

*repped sir*

The Solution
06-08-2007, 05:49 PM
oats in the microwave with water isnt bad at all.. i cook mine up in the mic and cook up some chicken.. heat it up and toss em 2gether.. its pretty damn good.. some hot steaming oats mixed with chicken.. great PWO meal :)

syssstem
06-08-2007, 05:54 PM
chase it with your protein shake thats what i do lol

The Solution
06-08-2007, 05:56 PM
nah my protein shake is 2 scoops whey and 50g of carbs from dextrose = best shake ever and it hits u hard n fast.. exactly what u want

try it out The Dex is where its at :) nothing like pure glucose with whey