PDA

View Full Version : Football Players-Pregame rituals/good luck charms

FLoyD Killa56
06-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Anyone here have a certain pregame ritual they always take part

under my longer game socks i always wear and extra pair. One game when I was in 7th grade i asked my sister to walk over to the school and give me a pair of socks. since she was only 10 then she gave me a pair of fuzzy purple ones "because they were cute". I had no choice but to wear them. So in that game I tied my middle schools record with 3 sacks in one game. 14 games later, i still wear them in every game i play, and have actually not lost a single game since then.

As far as pregame rituals, after i have my pads on i sit in the shower with my best friend (no homo) and we play the team hype tape the coaches make every year. Then all the lineman we say the lineman's prayer after all the recievers/backs have left the lockerroom, then we proceed to scream for the next few minutes about how great we are and how were the best and then we go do work.

LRG1
06-08-2007, 01:29 PM
-every friday before a game i wear a gray shirt, no if's ands or buts.
-say the lords prayer
- always tie my right shoe before my left
-always wear my chain
-**important one, always never put the same pattern of eye black on. ie. never put just straight lines 2 games in arow

MiddlLineBack62
06-08-2007, 02:16 PM
-every friday before a game i wear a gray shirt, no if's ands or buts.
-say the lords prayer
- always tie my right shoe before my left
-always wear my chain
-**important one, always never put the same pattern of eye black on. ie. never put just straight lines 2 games in arow

thats pretty freaky dude. i do all that junk too , just not the chain

Paladin13
06-08-2007, 03:16 PM
I don't have one for football but before basketball games I will just put my right shoe on first but tie my left one before my right. I also always wear my boxers under my compression shorts.

jco81
06-08-2007, 04:10 PM
I also always wear my boxers under my compression shorts.
wedgie?

I-beam
06-08-2007, 04:36 PM
i know a guy who ****s in the girls bathhroom before every game

kensterz
06-08-2007, 06:08 PM
lol, Some of you guys do some weird crap...

.Smithers
06-08-2007, 06:25 PM
i know a guy who ****s in the girls bathhroom before every game

LOLZ! I'll have to try that before our opener...

LRG1
06-08-2007, 10:31 PM
thats pretty freaky dude. i do all that junk too , just not the chain

yea its what i do, this doesnt count as a pregame ritual but during a game instead of making noise by smack our pads when the other team is on offense (so they dont hear the count) we scream 'YESSSAAAAAAAA" or 'HOOORAAAHH'

FLoyD Killa56
06-08-2007, 10:50 PM
That pad clapping **** is the worst

Nothing is more annoying then

"B-WOOOOD, WOOD, B-WOOOD WOOD"

xKKx7
06-08-2007, 10:51 PM
We do this thing called BREAKDOWN

someone, usually one of the captains screams "BREAKDOWN" in the middle of the circle of all of the players. Then we start hitting our pads twice and then clap once for our beat. then we get into the middle and start screaming our heads off.

MiddlLineBack62
06-09-2007, 11:53 AM
lol,we do the hit-the-pads junk , but its never really effective

Web_Mixer
06-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Pre game well right before it, we all circle up say a prayer to make sure no one gets hurts. Once thats done everyone stands up Coach yells out what time is it! we say Game time, same thing over and over, then we start to jump around hit each other, coach yells again any dogs in the house we woof at it hitting each other harder , break it down and run out and start doing what we got to do. (just writing it makes me pumped).

We also honored are games to weird things, like a Seagal Energy drink, Chuck Norris, A teammates lil bro, a Bug.

Senecan
06-09-2007, 01:47 PM
My senior year in highschool I had an underclassman slap me acrossed the face 3 times right before we left the locker room. Every game.

Beast Genetics
06-09-2007, 02:15 PM
I would listen to master of puppets album by metallica. After that I felt like ripping someones head off.

Paladin13
06-09-2007, 02:33 PM
i didn't get a wedgie that bad. I'm gonna wear socks like the people in the NBA did back in the day with those like 2 horizontal stripes accross the top next year.

PowerBuilder08
06-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Always listen to "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor"

Paladin13
06-09-2007, 04:47 PM
^Yes that is a perfect song. Also is Decadence and Down with the Sickness from Disturbed.

MiddlLineBack62
06-09-2007, 05:01 PM
i also listen to just about anything by Hatebreed

watchandsee23
06-09-2007, 09:42 PM
After the meal I immediately go to the upstairs bathroom as soon as the janitor gets done cleaning and take a ****. Then I always take nap before the game. Last year we played rock, paper, scissors tourney before every game to see who was the "president" for the week. corny **** but we were bored riding the bench on fridays as sophmores.

HHenzler
06-10-2007, 08:26 AM
Not to many pre-game rituals anymore...

I got so that I made the sign of the cross before almost every play, yes I am Catholic (much like Catholic baseball players do)
In 8th grade, I always tried to get teh team to say The Lord's Prayer, in the corner of the field, right before we started warming-up...

I gotta start getting more rituals...But going 1-9 freshman year doesn't breed to many succesful rituals :p

remix26
06-10-2007, 08:37 AM
im quiet pregame really..in game im loud as buck

pregame:
get dressed, sit near my locker with music all the way up. dont talk to anyone, just sit there and concentrate. then when we walk down to the field..im nervous as hell..sometimes feels like im gonna puke(i dont though). up to kickoff..im quiet and nervous then i always race to get the first hit on kickoff..and then WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. LETS GO BABY.

steve39
06-10-2007, 11:12 AM
im quiet pregame really..in game im loud as buck

pregame:
get dressed, sit near my locker with music all the way up. dont talk to anyone, just sit there and concentrate. then when we walk down to the field..im nervous as hell..sometimes feels like im gonna puke(i dont though). up to kickoff..im quiet and nervous then i always race to get the first hit on kickoff..and then WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. LETS GO BABY.

yeah i'd always be like that. i would just sit alone not talk to anyone and wasn't really pumped. i would be nervous as hell and would always be thinking to myself "i hope their team isn't huge." or "i wonder how big/strong these kids will be"

then right after kickoff i get pumpedup, start screaming and going all out

remix26
06-10-2007, 03:30 PM
yeah i'd always be like that. i would just sit alone not talk to anyone and wasn't really pumped. i would be nervous as hell and would always be thinking to myself "i hope their team isn't huge." or "i wonder how big/strong these kids will be"

then right after kickoff i get pumpedup, start screaming and going all out

i dont worry about how big or strong. i see the film. im just nervous about my performance..i wonder if i'll screw up..will i do my job. im confident i will but i get nervous anyways..adrenaline rush for the game. i love to play, i love football and competing.

WRbigbody
06-10-2007, 04:26 PM
I just talk alot, run my mouth alot during warm-ups and stay loose and calm.... I'm the type of person that is talking all game so when I start off on a good note by being loose it helps me play better.... No point in being scared, etc...... You believe in yourself, you dont need an edge with music, etc. NOt saying I dont listen to music pre-game but it doesnt help my performance IMO

Leenad
06-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Slap the "Heart and Balls" sign before leaving the lockeroom

TriadKnight65
06-10-2007, 06:59 PM
we always will sit in complete quite in the locker room most of us have mp3 players in listening to our get pumped song (mines unholy confessions by avenged sevenfold) then we will slap the sacred "pride" sign (pictured below)

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h53/reidsanders/alex_s_house_061.jpg

then when we run out on the field through the banner and go to the middle for our sacred "we love football" chant (lyrics below)

WE LOVE FOOTBALL (they repeat)
RAIN (they repeat)
SNOW(they repeat)
SLEET( they repeat)
HEAT(they repeat)
FOOTBALL (they repeat)
FOOTBALL (they repeat)
FOOTBALL (they repeat)
TRIAD FOOTBALL (BTS!!!!)

thats about it

here are some videos i made about our football team
triad football legacy video
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1Zs8Q0dibw4
scott rothe (triadknight9) highlight video
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4M3n6_eGdls

remix26
06-10-2007, 07:15 PM
My senior year in highschool I had an underclassman slap me acrossed the face 3 times right before we left the locker room. Every game.

who do u think u are? John Henderson?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4cXZGkRMCY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaK_TArMLfM

must watch both!

usually i listen to

1) Cant Be Touched - Roy Jones Jr.

2) Head Bustas - David Banner

CANT BE TOUCHED. CANT BE STOPPED. CANT BE MOVED. CANT BE ROCKED..CANT BE SHOOK. WE HOT.

Allstotlerld
06-10-2007, 10:18 PM
-Take a crap, I know some of you do this but wont admit it, all lineman do it!!
-Say a prayer.
-Find a quite place just before kickoff and zone out.

KHS RB/DB
06-10-2007, 10:40 PM
Not to many pre-game rituals anymore...

I got so that I made the sign of the cross before almost every play, yes I am Catholic (much like Catholic baseball players do)
In 8th grade, I always tried to get teh team to say The Lord's Prayer, in the corner of the field, right before we started warming-up...

I gotta start getting more rituals...But going 1-9 freshman year doesn't breed to many succesful rituals :p

I'm Catholic too and I do the sign of the cross alot. Before my 100, 200 and 4x100 races in track I would do the sign of the cross like 15 times just cause it would help me calm down. I also bless the right shoulder of every Catholic kid on our team (if your not Catholic you probably won't understand that) and most of the non Catholic kids. I always made two crosses, one under each eye paint streak.

FLoyD Killa56
06-10-2007, 10:42 PM
-Take a crap, I know some of you do this but wont admit it, all lineman do it!!
-Say a prayer.
-Find a quite place just before kickoff and zone out.

taking a crap isnt just a pregame thing for me

everyday the coach opens the lockeroom at 2:15, practice starts at 2:50

ive taken a **** everyday in that lockeroom with my best friends doing the same in the stall next to me

big men have the best traditions