PDA

View Full Version : Cannabis Abuse , Stops Muscle Increase??

j4mes60
06-07-2007, 08:58 AM
smoking weed...I was in the gym, and this extremely big and very ripped guy was saying to me how smoking weed drastically reduces testosterone levels. does this mean that if i smoke weed my test levels are very low and i wont see as much gains as i could. also, if i were to smoke occasionaly, due to the fact that weed stays in your blood for about 6 weeks, does that mean my test levels will be affectd the whole time... someone please give me sum education

watchandsee23
06-07-2007, 09:08 AM
Don't smoke it......

Leenad
06-07-2007, 09:17 AM
I don't see how you can expect to do drugs and have gains at the same time... Regardless if it has a direct impact on gains it will definitely have a negative effect in someway...

RaferAlston26
06-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Found this on a site:

3) NEW STUDY FINDS POT DOESN'T LOWER TESTOSTERONE

A new study by Dr. Robert Block at the University of Iowa disputes the commonly held notion that marijuana alters the level of testosterone and other sex hormones.
The study contradicted a widely publicized 1974 study by Dr. R.C. Kolodony, which reported decreased testosterone levels in men who smoked marijuana chronically.
The U. of Iowa study found that chronic marijuana use had no effect on testosterone, luteinizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone, prolactin and cortisol in men or women.
Noting that six other studies had failed to show lowered testosterone levels in men, Dr. Block concluded: "It
appears that marijuana, even heavy use of the kind that's typical in the United States, doesn't alter testosterone levels."
However, he cautioned that heavy use might have other adverse effects, including "possible effects on reproductive function and mild, selective cognitive impairments associated with heavy, chronic use."
Block's study is published in Drug and Alcohol
Dependence, Vol. 28: 121-8 (1991).

PowerBuilder08
06-07-2007, 09:41 AM
smoking weed...I was in the gym, and this extremely big and very ripped guy was saying to me how smoking weed drastically reduces testosterone levels. does this mean that if i smoke weed my test levels are very low and i wont see as much gains as i could. also, if i were to smoke occasionaly, due to the fact that weed stays in your blood for about 6 weeks, does that mean my test levels will be affectd the whole time... someone please give me sum education

Don't smoke it moron. It may not lower the test levels drastically, but it will raise your estrogen levels, which you don't want in general. In closing, just don't smoke, if you're trying to make gains in the gym smoking dope is not the best way to go about it.

BTW, this thread will probably be closed, talking about illegal drugs is against forum rules I believe.