PDA

View Full Version : Diet review

pmalone
07-25-2004, 06:09 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new to the boards and new to bodybuilding and would like some help on my diet. I'm 5'11", 175lbs, and about 17%BF. I would like to get down to below 10%, and then start a bulking phase. Here is what my diet break down looks like.

Calories total= 1750
50% Protein
30% Carbs
20% Fat

Daily Macronutrient Grams

Protein Grams= 194g
Carb Grams= 117g
Fat Grams= 40g

This is what I ate today:

1 cup Oatmeal
1 scoop 100% Whey Protein
4oz 2% Milk
4oz 97% Fat Free ground beef
2 Low Carb Whole Wheat torillas
12oz 1% Milk
1 scoop 100% Whey Protien
1 Corn on the cob
4oz Sirloin Steak
8oz 1% Milk
1 scoop 100% Whey Protein
1oz Hard pretzels
4oz boneless chicken breast

Total Daily Intake
1591 Calories
186g Protein
119g Carbs
42g Fats

Anyt thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Patrick

taffer
07-25-2004, 06:27 PM
you need more carbs and more calories, also more fats
and better quality, more varied proteins, dump alot of the whey and get some chicken/tuna/turkey/lean game meats! (emu and kangaroo are great)

get carbs in the form of vegies, lots of them! and shoot for about 2000calories a day, you only wanna lose about 1lb a week, so dont starve your self!

also the timing of these meals would be nice!

pmalone
07-26-2004, 06:05 AM
Taffer thanks for the reply and the info. What % break down would you suggest? Also, I found it hard to eat this much food as it is. Are you suggesting a replace some of the Protien shakes with other sources of Protein?

Thanks again.

taffer
07-26-2004, 03:48 PM
i's suggest a 40/40/20 ratio for cutting, carbs arent evil on cutting remember that, your trying to keep your muscle!
ever hear of anyone getting fat eating vegies?!

if your finding it hard to eat all that food, adding vegies wont make it easier, but it will be worth it! and you'll get used to it, you will need the nutrient dense vegies (and fruit if you want) to keep your body working! alot of people forget about vitamins and minerals then wonder why they arent getting the best results!

protein shakes are great after workouts, or when you really gotta throw down alot of calories in a bulk and just cant stomach it! but they do lack alot of the good things real food has

check out this (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/stella9.htm) link for great food sources!