PDA

View Full Version : Eating...

BeastInTheGym?
06-05-2007, 03:50 PM
I use to eat barely 3 meals a day with barely any calories and i noticed i lost a lot of weight.. im starting to eat 6 meals a day and i feel like im eating too much.. today I had.
Breakfast: glass of milk/ 2 peaces of flax wheat bread, piece of ham, piece of turkey(lean), multivitamin. then between lunch and breakfast i ate a apple for a snack.. then at lunch i ate nuts bout a cup and 1/2, a ham and turkey sandwich, a banana, some raisins, and an orange. then about an hour and a half after that (or ten minutes ago) i had a protein shake with low fat :yogurt :milk peanut butter (natural), scoop of whey protein, and oats..

i try and eat this like everyday and i work out everyday as well.. would this be ok? or am i eating too much

The Solution
06-05-2007, 03:54 PM
is that all u have all day.. if it is.. its not enuogh.. break those into smaller meals man and ull be set.. u have some good foods .. also incorporate having a pre-bed snack such as a slow absopring protein and a fat source

a great bedtime snack: 1 cup of cottage cheese and 1 tablespoon PB
a caesin shake and some almonds

and for each one of ur meals.. and/or snacks make sure u are getting protein.. dont just eat just carbs like an apple

have an apple with a protein shake .. make sure every meal has protein that is vital

try to focus having carbs around ur workout times for example

P+C (preworkout)
Workout
PWO SHAKE (immeditaly to 20 min after)
PWO Meal P+C(60 minutes to 120 minutes after ur PWO shake)
PPWO Meal P+C (3 hr after)
Meal P+F
Meal P+F
Meal P+F (Before bed)

try to follow a guideline like that.. depending on when u workout it will look different

BeastInTheGym?
06-05-2007, 03:59 PM
ok so that into smaller meals. like every 1 and a half hour? i didnt post my dinner.. usually a salad with olive oil and french vinnegrette and some cut up chicken pieces.. but would that shake be ok pre workout?

BeastInTheGym?
06-05-2007, 04:03 PM
o and wats a caesin shake?

The Solution
06-05-2007, 04:11 PM
caesin is a slow digetsing protein.. comapred to whey which is fast dissolving.. a shake preworkout is great i do include that in my breakfast to get the amino acids into my body quick 45 minutes... caesin shakes take a long time to digest as its a slow absorbing protein

look it up here on bodybuilding.com

i suggest u do some reading under the nutrition section on this site before u hit the forms.. u can find almost all ur questions anwsered on the site under nutrition..

eat every 2-3 hours between meals..

go read the articles now.. a great one is Pre-During-Post Nutrition its the first one under pre/post nutrition..

also read all the others on the macros such as protein,carbs,fats and how much u should get..

there are calculators n what not to give u a general guideline