PDA

View Full Version : Cut then maintain or Bulk then cut?

Kurume
06-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Hey guys I was hoping that some ppl could help me settle this. I'm trying to cut down to at least 10-11% bf and possibly 8% in the loong run, i've already built a decent physique for my age (eh decent), all i've measured right now is that I have 14.5" arms and 16" calves which I thought was alright, still working on em and the rest.

I was wondering if it's a good idea to cut for a while to my bf% goal, and build muscle from there by maintaining and making sure I don't gain fat, remember tho, i'm not here to build the biggest body as soon as possible, I was hoping to be just lean and ripped and whatnot, idc what the time frame is, as long as it's do-able in the 1-2 year range, I have short-term goals as well so having that as long term shouldn't be a problem. Would I also make ANY (emphasis on any.. meaning at least SOME no matter how small) muscles during a cut possibly with HIIT and ~1800-2000 calories at 167lbs and 5'7"?

Or would anyone strongly go against that and just recommend I cut a little and just bulk for massive gains in the future, then cut down again. Sooner or later I do plan to just maintain and not get any bigger, i'd rather not become huge in a few years, yet continue bodybuilding and everything else.

Thanks guys, remember tho.. my goal is something like this
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/member.php?u=1424611

MUFC
06-05-2007, 12:46 PM
bulk now, cut later. You'll put on a good deal of muscle which will help when you cut.

Kurume
06-05-2007, 12:56 PM
bulk now, cut later. You'll put on a good deal of muscle which will help when you cut.

Yea like I said tho i'm not here to put on a GOOD deal of muscle, i've already built a decent amount, and I thought it was time to cut, anyways i've got some real dropping bf% work to do now so I thought maybe just continue the cutting instead of switching to bulk after, and yes.. I need to cut now.

It'd be nicer if I had the definition at such bf% and build from there, no matter how slow, i'm in no race, i'm here to cut and bodybuild, but like I said i'd rather get the low bf% and considering my small muscle gains goal i'd rather cut now then build later.

Kurume
06-05-2007, 01:20 PM
bump