PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Workout meal...Muscle Milk?

dAi
07-19-2004, 01:25 PM
Hey Guys.

Quick Questions, Can I or Should I use Muscle Milk as a pre-workout meal? with lowfat milk it's around 639 calories =/ and little carbs...

Or how about 2 scoops with water and some pasta...or bananas?

dAi
07-19-2004, 01:41 PM
can anyone pls answer asap i have to get ready for the gym!

Ravenous_T
07-19-2004, 02:27 PM
Muscle milk is slower absorbing, so I would stick to a whey isolate or concentrate based powder. Don't get me wrong here, it's a very good quality protein, just more suited to a during the day shake or at night. Plus it's very high in fat, which is not good pre-workout.

dAi
07-19-2004, 04:12 PM
so it's more like a meal replacement, huh?

what are product that are fast absorbing in protein and carbs?

whey or chicken breat?

pasta or oatmeal or banana?

Ravenous_T
07-19-2004, 05:20 PM
yeah, it is more of a meal replacement.

sitck with whey and and oatmeal/banana for your pre-workout meal.

xxghostxx
07-19-2004, 05:34 PM
If you were to be working out for a long time, or weren't going to the gym for a little while after it, I'd say have the muscle milk. It's got MCTs which are a source of fats that are used by your body almost like carbohydrates I believe. Everytime I've used muscle milk pre gym I've had rediculous amounts of energy to fuel my workout. I'd say if you are going in for like some long grueling session or cardio or something, maybe throw down one of these a few hours before, but if you aren't working out to long, you won't have to worry about big dips in energy.

dAi
07-19-2004, 05:44 PM
how 'bout as a postworkout with water just to get the creatine and the protein in it?