PDA

View Full Version : How to increase throwing strength and power

FAPMAN
06-04-2007, 07:31 PM
I' am getting looks at Qb by my coach?? an anybody please provide me with tips or info.

finfan
06-04-2007, 08:06 PM
I' am getting looks at Qb by my coach?? an anybody please provide me with tips or info.

For strength you can use a weighted football but I really hope you don't get one because it will jack up your accuracy for like an hour. So instead you can get a wrist roller to strengthen your forearms and that should add some power.

FAPMAN
06-05-2007, 12:35 AM
What is a wrist roller??

kieltyka34
06-05-2007, 12:36 AM
throw more.

Blunt3
06-05-2007, 12:42 AM
yeah worst thing you can do is to use a weighted foot ball. Just improve upper body strength and throw ball on off days.

and you dont even need to bench the sun away you improve it for explosivity and improve tricep strenght and shoulder strenght

BTW if you start throwing alot do reverse flyers or you will get a ****ed rear delt.

kieltyka34
06-05-2007, 01:00 AM
BTW if you start throwing alot do reverse flyes or you will get a ****ed rear delt.

I agree with the reverse fly suggestion though I don't think you will mess up your rear delt if you don't do them. Type in shoulder rehab work or jobes on google to look up a few exercises to do strengthen and maintain the health of your rotator cuff.

Blunt3
06-05-2007, 01:28 AM
also be sure to do some olympic lifts that are very power demanding to increase your energy expendure..

A jump shot requires about 5500 Watt so Power snatches and power cleans are good exercises to enable your body to pack alot of power in your throws.

finfan
06-05-2007, 03:46 PM
What is a wrist roller??

http://www.jumpusa.com/wrist.htm

FAPMAN
06-05-2007, 07:41 PM
IS there anyway i can get one from a walmart or somewhere. Homemade???

roman25
06-05-2007, 10:43 PM
lol you can make a homemade wrist roller. But i suggest you start working on you throwing mechanics try throwing on your knees, on one knee, legs still throwing. then throw normal long tiss with a footaball Do that three times a week and youll be good. Also just lift are you lifting? the little things like stronger wrists and shoulders will help a little but the majority will come from overall strength and good throwing mechanics

FAPMAN
06-11-2007, 11:36 PM
Yea i do.... lift we got weight training mon-thurs
Mon and wednesdays (lower body)
Tuesday and Thursday (upper body)
i need to work on my power..