PDA

View Full Version : Refeed question..

watchfan
06-04-2007, 04:38 PM
So I'm carb cycling and every third day I'm doing refeeds.. Now since I'm kinda new to cutting.. Is it possible that after my refeeds, because of the carb influx that I could retain water a little bit? I'm only asking cause I did a refeed recently and when I woke up and weighed myself the next day, I gained weight, but I know I'm not consuming enough calories to do so, so my first thought was water retention... any ideas?

WF

kieltyka34
06-04-2007, 04:39 PM
just try to limit water intake with the meal (if its only one). How long are your refeeds?

Average-Joe
06-04-2007, 04:41 PM
So I'm carb cycling and every third day I'm doing refeeds.. Now since I'm kinda new to cutting.. Is it possible that after my refeeds, because of the carb influx that I could retain water a little bit? I'm only asking cause I did a refeed recently and when I woke up and weighed myself the next day, I gained weight, but I know I'm not consuming enough calories to do so, so my first thought was water retention... any ideas?

WF

you are retaining water. It is normal after a large ingestion of carbs. How many carbs did you ingest?

matthor
06-04-2007, 04:41 PM
carbs do hold water, so you will find gross body weight fluctuating alot on a carb cycling approach. Dont let this worry you and its best not to weigh yourself too frequently, and especially not after a refeed as it can scare you sometimes.

1g CHO holds ~3g water. So yes water retention is the culprit. Weigh yourself weekly/fortnightly in the morning before eating anything so it can be more consistent

watchfan
06-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'm basically following the cut-diet, so my refeed consists of one meal every 18th meal. I weigh myself at the same time every week. I did have my refeed last night a little late, and did have a bit of water afterwards. Guess it clears that up. Thanks.

WF