PDA

View Full Version : Fish Oil

wabney
05-09-2002, 06:40 AM
Hey Bro's

I was in GNC yesterday and I noticed they had a big bottle of "Fish Oil" . I was wandering if this would be better than Flax seed oil, since it supposed to be the same thing as i fish..

Any comments????

tex
05-09-2002, 11:21 AM
I'm using EAS Structured EFA--2 caps contain 600mg Flaxseed Oil,
400mg Fish Oils, 200mg Evening Primrose Oil. I'm takin 2 , 3 times a day with meals. Not sure how quality differs with these products though.

wabney
05-09-2002, 11:23 AM
hey bro

That sounds like a good combo. where did you get them and what kind

thanks

tex
05-09-2002, 11:28 AM
The product is simply called "Structured EFA"--It's an EAS product--EFA in bold letters on the label. GNC may carry it,as they typically carry EAS products, but I bought mine from a small nutrition store where I live. The bottle I bought has 120 soft gel caps, and was about $25.00.

wabney
05-09-2002, 11:30 AM
Thanks

goldenboy86
12-10-2009, 12:40 AM
Hey Bro's

I was in GNC yesterday and I noticed they had a big bottle of "Fish Oil" . I was wandering if this would be better than Flax seed oil, since it supposed to be the same thing as i fish..

Any comments????

You get more omega 3s with fish oil than flax oil.

alfredoe@une.ne
02-27-2010, 01:50 PM
Hi All. If you are going to start supplementing with fish oil, it is important to remember 2 things. First, you need a minimum dosage at a certain frequency in order to get the fish oil benefits. This dosage is 3.000 mg of fish oil per day(close to 900 mg of omega 3 fats, EPA plus DHA, from the label).

You also need to lower the ingestion of omega 6 fats (grains and grain oils) as you raise your omega 3 fats. Otherwise you won't get the benefits of fish oil.

Read more at omega-3-fish-oil-wonders.com /fish-oil-benefits.html[/url]

Best wishes,
Alfredoe

BarnabyEnn
05-26-2010, 05:43 PM
There are huge differences between the type of Omega-3s from different sources. Vegetable sources (like flax) contian mostly ALA, which the body has to inefficiently convert into the more useable EPA and DHA (these two give you the fat burning, muscle growing and imflammatory benefits you take Omega-3 supplements for). So 8g of flaxseed oil cannot be compared directly to 1g of oil from a salmon steak. There are heaps of great resources for why Omega-3s are vital for bodybuilders and the best sources of Omega-3s.
nutriska.com has some good articles about omega-3 for bodybuilders and the best sources, and omega-3centre.com has some great general info.

happy researching

mpwallace
07-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Any recommendations on fish oil brands?

riccaboni
07-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Any recommendations on fish oil brands?

I've used ON brand fish and flax seed oils with great results.

ParsleyTea
07-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Repeating what was mentioned before, the omega 3 in flax oil, ALA, is converted to EPA/DHA which is what you find in fish oil, inefficiently. It is best to just use fish. Flax oil is not bad, just not as good as fish oil.

I personally find a good place for information on fish oil health use is:

http://heartscanblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Fish%20oil

BB4239
07-28-2010, 05:36 PM
If you buy it at GNC, make sure to get the Triple Strength Fish oil instead of the plain "Fish oil". Their Fish oil only has 300mg of omega 3 instead of Triple strengths 900mg per softgel capsule.

wannabeskinny
07-28-2010, 05:50 PM
Hi All. If you are going to start supplementing with fish oil, it is important to remember 2 things. First, you need a minimum dosage at a certain frequency in order to get the fish oil benefits. This dosage is 3.000 mg of fish oil per day(close to 900 mg of omega 3 fats, EPA plus DHA, from the label).

You also need to lower the ingestion of omega 6 fats (grains and grain oils) as you raise your omega 3 fats. Otherwise you won't get the benefits of fish oil.

Read more at omega-3-fish-oil-wonders.com /fish-oil-benefits.html[/url]

Best wishes,
Alfredoe

Wow I didn't know that. I've been eating one pill a day...maybe I should be upping that dosage...

Trillios
07-28-2010, 05:55 PM
Super EPA from Now.