PDA

View Full Version : pre workout?

saks
06-04-2007, 12:47 AM
is it good to one square of dark chocolate pre workout with banana?

i am asking cuz i heard maybe the fat slow digestion and thats not good pre workout?
what do you think?

The Director
06-04-2007, 01:04 AM
its okay pre workout, I eat 5 eggs and 14g of coconut oil pre/wo, (hour) and since it has fats its slow digesting, and get me through my exercise. Just don't eat fats post/wo.

Even though I dunno about the chocolate, its not really a big choice in protein, eat some protein with a banana.

Alienware
06-04-2007, 05:06 AM

i am asking cuz i heard maybe the fat slow digestion and thats not good pre workout?
what do you think?

IMO it's not good, because you want to avoid fat right before workout and you need some proteins (0.25bw pro / 0.25bw carbs). So, stay away from chocolate preworkout.. even if it's saturated fat and make you anabolic, it slow down your metabolism and you don't wan't it prewo..

in10city
06-04-2007, 05:29 AM

what do you think?
Studies have also noted that high-fat meals attenuate the ability of NO to dilate blood vessels for about 4 hours. Some fat is OK, but too much isn't recommended.

How much fat is in the candy? Not much right?

Alienware
06-04-2007, 05:36 AM
How much fat is in the candy? Not much right?

Dark chocolate is about 60% of fat (almost all saturated) depending on the %...

Gator Brah
06-04-2007, 05:43 AM
If your worried about it being digested to fast dont eat a bannana. they are pretty high on the GI scale. go with some kind of protein bar.

Alienware
06-04-2007, 05:48 AM
If your worried about it being digested to fast dont eat a bannana. they are pretty high on the GI scale. go with some kind of protein bar.

If he really wants something good, and throw up the banana wich isn't that bad, he should go with whey + oats 60-45prior to his workout.. == protein bar but less pricey ^^

gettNjakked
06-04-2007, 06:15 AM
oats & protein(from a food source)

in10city
06-04-2007, 07:26 AM
Dark chocolate is about 60% of fat (almost all saturated) depending on the %...
But if it's 5 grams of fat, it's no big deal. 10+ grams is another story.

simonla
06-04-2007, 07:31 AM

what do you think?
an hour before you can eat 500g of fruit(apple, strawberry)...low gi fruits