PDA

View Full Version : My Cutting Diet

MSmith19
06-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Hi, I would like anyone with the time to overlook my diet and tell me what to change/leave. Thank you very much.

Stats:

Age 17
5'10
175lbs
10% BF

I want to lose a few % body fat or a few lbs just to be ripped completely for the summer.

EDIT: I burn approximately 2900-3400 calories per day.

Here is my diet that will be relatively the same each day (just basically substitutes for each item may change):

Breakfast- 7:00

Kashi GOLEAN (1 cup) with 1% Milk
Handful of Almonds
50g Whey Protein
Water
Caffeine (200mg)
B Vitamin
Omega-3
Multivitamin

Snack-

Mixed Greens Salad w/ 1 full chicken breast
Green Tea

Preworkout-

Gatorade Powder (20g)
Water
Whey (15g)
Sugar Free Rockstar Energy Drink

Postworkout-

Gatorade Powder (60g)
Whey (35g)
Olive Oil (1 tbsp)
Creatine (5g)

Lunch/Dinner-

Fat Free Turkey Breast
Flax Seed/Multigrain Bread (2 slices)
Cheddar Cheese (2 slices)
Lettuce
Almonds (if 2nd meal after workout)
Caffeine (200mg)

Dinner-

Whole Wheat Pasta w/ Meatsauce
Green Beans
Avocado

Prebed-

Cottage Cheese (1 cup)
Milk (1 cup)

It comes to a total of approximately 2600 calories (27% fat, 33% carbs and 40% protein -- 268g/day). Water throughout the day. Any suggestions?

LiL USMC BBer
06-03-2007, 08:06 PM
FIrst off al your pre/post workout meals are horrible.

I would definitly drop the gatorade powder right off the bat.

Getting a meal rich in low-gi carbs/protein/fat source 1-2 hours prior to working out and 45 minutes after your workout will promote better gains in lean mass.

Your last meal (dinner) has very little protein in it. Meat sauce? Pasta? That's a horrible source for a carb and I'm very sure the meatsauce is loaaaaaaded with CRAP!

Your first meal you think you can switch out the protein powder for say eggs?

and perhaps the kashi cereal for regular rolled oats?

kieltyka34
06-03-2007, 08:07 PM
cut out the gatorade or switch in another carb source in its place. Just my opinion as I don't see any benefit of plain sugar.

MSmith19
06-03-2007, 08:25 PM
FIrst off al your pre/post workout meals are horrible.

I would definitly drop the gatorade powder right off the bat.

Getting a meal rich in low-gi carbs/protein/fat source 1-2 hours prior to working out and 45 minutes after your workout will promote better gains in lean mass.

Your last meal (dinner) has very little protein in it. Meat sauce? Pasta? That's a horrible source for a carb and I'm very sure the meatsauce is loaaaaaaded with CRAP!

Your first meal you think you can switch out the protein powder for say eggs?

and perhaps the kashi cereal for regular rolled oats?

Thanks for the advice. I didn't really make my meal timing that clear. The meals will sort of rotate, depending on when I go to the gym, but basically it will be either before lunch or after lunch, which shifts the snack and dinner respectively. Is a high glycemic carb not excellent after a workout? Am I misinformed?

I was thinking that whole wheat is slow digesting and low glycemic, but I am sort of new to this dietting thing. The pasta will be very healthy (if that is what I decide to go with)- meatsauce being ultra lean ground beef and tomato sauce.

Anyone else think the cereal for oats would be a good idea (assuming you've seen the breakdown of the nutrients)?

Perhaps, I could split the protein 1/2 eggs/1/2 whey and add stawberries and oats in order to make a shake and leave out the cereal.

LiL USMC BBer
06-03-2007, 08:34 PM
I never actually saw the breakdown of the cereal. I just feel that oats is a stable for dieting. BUt that's just me. If your heart is set on the cereal by all means eat it. It won't do any harm..

hi-gi carbs for the postworkout insulin spike.. is highly over-rated. You do not need it to acheive protien synthesys. That's gonna result regardless. Insulin is the most anabolic hormone our bodies release but at the same time its the most fattening. You should be fine eating a regular wholesome low-gi carb/protein/fat sourced meal for pre/post and your set.

As for the meatsace/pasta... doesn't seem like its that bad either since you cleared that up.. I was picturing processed bull**** for a second there..

MSmith19
06-03-2007, 08:37 PM
I never actually saw the breakdown of the cereal. I just feel that oats is a stable for dieting. BUt that's just me. If your heart is set on the cereal by all means eat it. It won't do any harm..

hi-gi carbs for the postworkout insulin spike.. is highly over-rated. You do not need it to acheive protien synthesys. That's gonna result regardless. Insulin is the most anabolic hormone our bodies release but at the same time its the most fattening. You should be fine eating a regular wholesome low-gi carb/protein/fat sourced meal for pre/post and your set.

As for the meatsace/pasta... doesn't seem like its that bad either since you cleared that up.. I was picturing processed bull**** for a second there..

Hahha you mean Spam. Okay, well thanks for the advice about the post workout carbs...do you suggest anything else and should the meal still consist of 60-80g carbs?

LiL USMC BBer
06-03-2007, 08:39 PM
your postworkout meal and your first meal of the day should be the largest ones...

MSmith19
06-03-2007, 08:52 PM
your postworkout meal and your first meal of the day should be the largest ones...

Well, breakfast is for sure. What I was planning on doing is having an immediate postworkout meal and then one an hour or two afterwards (generally can't eat a large meal right away). Will that work>?

LiL USMC BBer
06-03-2007, 08:54 PM
should be fine...you got the idea..

just have a basic idea that all your meals are 2-4 hours apart.

and as long as your workout is inside of that 2-4 hour window. and your postworkout meal is roughly 3 hours after your preworkout meal..

gRapz
06-03-2007, 09:11 PM
what do u do to burn 2900-3400 calories a day?

MSmith19
06-03-2007, 09:16 PM
what do u do to burn 2900-3400 calories a day?

Sorry, my body uses 2900-3400 calories each day maintenance.

MarkVI
06-03-2007, 09:21 PM
exist at age 17 ;)

MSmith19
06-03-2007, 09:52 PM
exist at age 17 ;)

??

gRapz
06-04-2007, 01:28 PM
how can u calculate how much ur body uses daily?

MSmith19
06-04-2007, 03:25 PM
how can u calculate how much ur body uses daily?

You find your RMR (?) and then you multiply it by your activity factor to roughly estimate how many calories you need each day to maintain your body composition.