PDA

View Full Version : 3 point stance speed

football95
06-03-2007, 03:05 PM
can anyone help me or give me advice on how to get out of my 3 point stance quicker and with more power?

Veeshmack
06-03-2007, 03:22 PM
make your first step a check step into the direction you are going and then use that leg to push yourself out

olinerules87
06-03-2007, 03:39 PM
make your first step a check step into the direction you are going and then use that leg to push yourself out
x2

at least in my old offense thats how we did it.

honestly the best way is to practice it over and over and over and over. make sure you don't have too much/little weight on your front hand as well

WRbigbody
06-03-2007, 03:40 PM
can anyone help me or give me advice on how to get out of my 3 point stance quicker and with more power?

make it uncomfortable to the point that you want to get out of it quicker but not too uncomfortable that you cant hold it for a long caidance(sp?)... also powercleans, and just practicing holding your stance, etc.

Veeshmack
06-03-2007, 04:09 PM
make it uncomfortable to the point that you want to get out of it quicker but not too uncomfortable that you cant hold it for a long caidance
i dont think thats great advice
because if you get down and cant hold it you're likely to cause a false start

just practice it, have your weight placed comfortable, and just perfect that first check step and its all easy from there

if you need more help you can always ask your coaches about any tips for getting out quick

WRbigbody
06-03-2007, 04:17 PM
i dont think thats great advice
because if you get down and cant hold it you're likely to cause a false start

just practice it, have your weight placed comfortable, and just perfect that first check step and its all easy from there

if you need more help you can always ask your coaches about any tips for getting out quick

yea I kind of applied advice for a 40 yard dash, instead of just being on the LOS during a game as an offensive lineman, Tight End, Etc.... so scratch the uncomfortable part

football95
06-03-2007, 04:34 PM
thanks guys.. thats my only real problem, coming out of my stance

Veeshmack
06-03-2007, 04:41 PM
just perfect that first step, and the next few and you're good to go

mesayseo
06-03-2007, 07:56 PM
one thing i did was abuse the snap count. on offense this is alot easier just pay attention to how your QB says the snap count. for example my QB said ready set hike. i would already be going right when i heard hi just make sure that the qb doesnt change the count on you. this worked well for me i got called for 3 penalties the whole year 2 were false starts and the other was a late block. one of my false starts was b/c the center forgot to snap the ball everyone started the play but him even the qb which is one of the funniest things i've seen in fb to date on flim. on d its much harder you got to have a feel for the opposing teams count but in HS QB's typically go on the same count for the majority of the time.