PDA

View Full Version : Official 2007 Cutting Contest Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Hotmoltenlava
06-03-2007, 08:58 AM
Hey All,

The contest is now closed and we have all of our participants. I have created the list and most of you have given your information. Please take a look at the attached word doc or look at the link on my site and let me know the info where there are question marks. I definitely need your 6 month goals and your current stats, in order to move forward. As I said before, BB.com has generously offered up $100, $50 and $25 in gift certificates to the top three, which will be voted on at the end of November. BB.com is also going to write an article about the winners, which will be posted on the website's home page. The rules are below. I can't wait to see the transformations!

http://www.hotmoltenlava.com/Cutting%20Contest.html

1)Post your starting stats (weight, body fat, height, age)
2)Post your 6 month goals
3)Post your stats (weight, body fat) MONTHLY
4)Post your picture MONTHLY in this thread.....or on your Bodyspace.....or on your personal website....or wherever....just post it somewhere.
5)Support everyone that is in the competition and help those that fall off the wagon. Repeated negative comments won't be tolerated.

Good luck everyone and work hard!

Freddie Beef
06-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Where is timsbeefshack? That is my younger brother who signed up on the 31st of May. Do we have to repost the June 1st info?

skuZZitude
06-03-2007, 09:59 AM
You guys are all in serious trouble!!!

Contest start weight: 300.2 (June 01)
Contest start body fat: 37.0% (NAVY METHOD) - 53" abdomen / 19" neck / 75" height
Contest goal weight: 225lbs
Contest goal body fat: 12.0%

Here are some pictures of me but WARNING they are not pretty. I just took these today and my weigh in yesterday said I am at 297.8lbs

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/data/500/medium/adam2.jpg

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/data/500/medium/adam11.jpg

I figure these pictures will make the front page of this thread extra disgusting. Sorry!!!!!!!!! :D

I really need to lose weight badly though, hopefully this contest will get me going! I will post updated pictures on July 7th, 2007!

dochall22
06-03-2007, 10:56 AM
Good Luck to me!

Hotmoltenlava
06-03-2007, 11:36 AM
Where is timsbeefshack? That is my younger brother who signed up on the 31st of May. Do we have to repost the June 1st info?

He is 11 spaces down from you on the list......:D

See it?

Have a good one.

Freddie Beef
06-03-2007, 11:56 AM
He is 11 spaces down from you on the list......:D

See it?

Have a good one.

O.......my ADD must have been acting up? Where's my ritalin!!!!..lol

skuZZitude
06-03-2007, 12:28 PM
O.......my ADD must have been acting up? Where's my ritalin!!!!..lol

HAHA no, it was ME........ the competition has begun, I'm already getting into your mind. It's all about mind games.

Are yoou sure that was ritalin you took? ..........

new2lifting
06-03-2007, 12:40 PM
2 photos taken today

200 pounds
5'7"
31 years old
38" waist
20+%BF

Goals by thanksgiving
under 170 pounds
under 12% BF

heathershubby
06-03-2007, 03:30 PM
IS this the only thread now or do we post and b.s in the other thread and leave this one for pic and numbers????

skuZZitude
06-03-2007, 03:34 PM
IS this the only thread now or do we post and b.s in the other thread and leave this one for pic and numbers????

If we keep two threads open then it means when I win the contest victory will be twice as sweet! But I gathered this is the main thread now, and the other thread should be locked....

p0opstlnksal0t
06-03-2007, 04:03 PM
HotMolten, for the .DOC my six month goal is to get down to 8% bodyfat. however i may gain some weight once i get to a certain point. i will be losing fat and gaining muscle.

while im on, ill post todays diet, and workout.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82/p0opstinksal0t/FITDAY060307.jpg

workout (traps, neck)

7min. cardio pre workout (get heart rate up to 165)

power shrugs:
-275lbs x 15reps
-325lbs x 10reps, superset w/ 80lb dumbell shrugs for 10 reps
-325lbs x 8reps, superset w/ 80lb dumbell shrugs for 10 reps

dumbell shrugs
-110lbs x 15reps
-120lbs x 12reps
-125lbs x 10reps

Head harness neck curl
-35lbs x 10reps
-35lbs x 10reps
-35lbs x 8reps

25min cardio bpm @ 150-165

Hotmoltenlava
06-03-2007, 04:31 PM

I started this new thread with the rules and new participant doc on the main page. Makes it easier for people to find it. How do we go about getting the other one locked?. Makes no difference to me if we do or don't. I would ask that you post your new stats on this thread, so I can find them easier. Cool?

Have a good one.

Hotmoltenlava
06-03-2007, 04:32 PM
HotMolten, for the .DOC my six month goal is to get down to 8% bodyfat.

Cool. I'll update it.

new2lifting
06-03-2007, 05:01 PM
workout (traps, neck)

7min. cardio pre workout (get heart rate up to 165)

power shrugs:
-275lbs x 15reps
-325lbs x 8reps, superset w/ 80lb dumbell shrugs for 10 reps

dumbell shrugs
-110lbs x 15reps
-120lbs x 12reps
-125lbs x 10reps

Head harness neck curl
-35lbs x 10reps
-35lbs x 10reps
-35lbs x 8reps

25min cardio bpm @ 150-165

thats one hell of a neck workout
great work
do you use straps?
I can't hold the bar without straps past 225 pounds

dochall22
06-03-2007, 06:59 PM
i'm fat

p0opstlnksal0t
06-03-2007, 07:30 PM
thats one hell of a neck workout
great work
do you use straps?
I can't hold the bar without straps past 225 pounds

ya, im a panzy, i use straps whenever i do heavy shrugs, just cant grip the weight for the full set. i tried to grip 325 but could only last 4 reps. i try to use straps as least as possible though.

TommyC
06-03-2007, 07:42 PM
I really don't know a lot about dieting. I've been reading all kinds of articles and every one of them tells you something different and contradicts the other basically, but I tried to make a diet off of what I gathered. Here is what my diet will basically look like. ANY input is good, I really need some help with this.

http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/7949/dietmm0.jpg

heathershubby
06-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Hey I trying to figure out how to post the fitday pages can someone tell me how?

Today so far so good but the damn rain is keeping me from geting my walk in aaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggggg....

heathershubby
06-03-2007, 07:52 PM
I started this new thread with the rules and new participant doc on the main page. Makes it easier for people to find it. How do we go about getting the other one locked?. Makes no difference to me if we do or don't. I would ask that you post your new stats on this thread, so I can find them easier. Cool?

Have a good one.

`cool was jsut wondering where Ya wanted what :)

p0opstlnksal0t
06-03-2007, 07:54 PM
I really don't know a lot about dieting. I've been reading all kinds of articles and every one of them tells you something different and contradicts the other basically, but I tried to make a diet off of what I gathered. Here is what my diet will basically look like. ANY input is good, I really need some help with this.

http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/7949/dietmm0.jpg

macro breakdown looks cool. there are some discrepencies with the food choices though, looks like youve used 2 different types of chicken breasts. also, what kind of oats are you eating? those calories are awful high for some 100% whole grain oats. also id just eat like 2 whole eggs for meal 1 instead of 6 whites, what a waste of good food.

anyways, those oats are hella high in cals.

p0opstlnksal0t
06-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Hey I trying to figure out how to post the fitday pages can someone tell me how?

Today so far so good but the damn rain is keeping me from geting my walk in aaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggggg....

hit the "print screen button" then open paint brush, and paste the image onto paint brush screen.

heathershubby
06-03-2007, 07:58 PM
hit the "print screen button" then open paint brush, and paste the image onto paint brush screen.

repped if I can

heathershubby
06-03-2007, 08:03 PM
I can't find print page is it only available on the paid fitday??? or am I missing it

roadwarrior9355
06-03-2007, 08:28 PM
I can't find print page is it only available on the paid fitday??? or am I missing it

Print screen button is usually on the keyboard toward the upper right. It often works much like cut and paste. I don't have the fitday yet so I am not going to be much help to you.

I got off to a bad start. :( I was not good on Friday and went out to a BBQ. I don't think it was the three margarita's and rum mango concotion that got to me but that second helping of dump cake showed up on the scale this morning.

On a positive note, I successfully completed a 5 mile hike in less than three hours. What makes that important is that the first half is uphill and this is the first time in over 3 years that I made it to the top of the hill.

Watch out guys I am motivated now! ;)

Whingman
06-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Hey, so anyways I have been really busy these past few days...but I did take a bunch of photos...unfortunately they are in TIF format and twice the allowable size by bb.com...does anyone on here know how I might be able to convert them to JPG and shrink them...at this point in time I have no programs on my computer that would allow me to do so....anyone have any ideas? I know my last ones didn;t giv epeople a good idea of my startign point and I wanted to do that...so if anyone has some suggestions that would be great.

Hotmoltenlava
06-03-2007, 09:15 PM
I got off to a bad start. :( I was not good on Friday and went out to a BBQ. I don't think it was the three margarita's and rum mango concotion that got to me but that second helping of dump cake showed up on the scale this morning.

Most everyone is going to fall off the wagon from time to time, but the key is to just limit it to one meal. If you screw up, face up to it (like you did) and learn from it (like you did). Next time you are in that situation (you will be), talk yourself down from the dump cake and the five high calorie tasty adult beverages....:D

Too bad it was on the first day of the contest......:D

Have a good one.

Hotmoltenlava
06-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Hey, so anyways I have been really busy these past few days...but I did take a bunch of photos...unfortunately they are in TIF format and twice the allowable size by bb.com...does anyone on here know how I might be able to convert them to JPG and shrink them...at this point in time I have no programs on my computer that would allow me to do so....anyone have any ideas? I know my last ones didn;t giv epeople a good idea of my startign point and I wanted to do that...so if anyone has some suggestions that would be great.

I'll PM you my email address. Send them to me and I will convert them.

Have a good one.

lil_how_how
06-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Great work Hotmoltenlava! Hopefully more people rep you for all your hard work!

skuZZitude
06-03-2007, 10:21 PM
I edited my post above (Post #3) with my pictures. Is anyone here as disgusted as I am by looking at them? Good lord....... I feel sick. I'm a tub of lard.

josh0899
06-04-2007, 02:14 AM
the contest 3 months? june1 -> september 1?
I'll join up also. ill be starting today

I've been loosing weight for the last 5 months.

currently gone from 379 lbs to 330 lbs
lost 49 lbs

height 183 cm or 6 ft
weight 230 lb
age 21
body fat % 23-25%

goals:
180 lbs by December 2007
then bulk mass to 200 lbs by March 2008
then cut back to 180 lbs by June 2008

current diet
40/40/20 protein carbs fat

2000-2500 calories per day

workouts
Monday chest tris forearms abs
Tuesday hit running cardio am
Wednesday bis back shoulders lats abs
Thursday hit elliptical cardio am
Friday legs abs chest
Saturday hit bike cardio am
Sunday rest/cheat day 500 more calories

yes im in thanks :)

AdamSoS
06-04-2007, 03:13 AM
blimey.. thanks for setting this up guy.

Good luck to every one who is taking part. Now with the rewards and the feature. its a huge extra incentive to work that little bit harder .

Train hard,eat well..and enjoy life all.

Ill get my BF tested this week by calipers.any one wana guess my BF leave a comment on mybodyspace,

Again thanx to larva for creating this.. and to BB.COM for the prizes

Good luck

TheKansan
06-04-2007, 06:39 AM
I don't have any way to view the word document, can someone post a plain text version of it? I am on a linux box and I don't have OpenOffice installed.

Hotmoltenlava
06-04-2007, 07:04 AM
I don't have any way to view the word document, can someone post a plain text version of it? I am on a linux box and I don't have OpenOffice installed.

I am working on getting it posted on my website. Should have it up later today. I didn't realize we had a linux guy in the house.....:D. Buddy of mine works for Redhat. He loves it.

Have a good one.

heathershubby
06-04-2007, 08:03 AM
Print screen button is usually on the keyboard toward the upper right. It often works much like cut and paste. I don't have the fitday yet so I am not going to be much help to you.

On a positive note, I successfully completed a 5 mile hike in less than three hours. What makes that important is that the first half is uphill and this is the first time in over 3 years that I made it to the top of the hill.

Watch out guys I am motivated now! ;)

I wish I could rep you again thats awsome. I was pumped about making 4k walking at a relaxed fat guy kind of paste but a five mile hike up and down a fricken hill YOU are seriously are Rocking great work.

p.s. I don't have fitday that you pay for I just use the online version thats free. GO to fitday.com and sign up and away you go I have asked for the p.c. version for my B-day next month though :)

p0opstlnksal0t
06-04-2007, 08:06 AM

did you get the "print screen" button working? let me know if you need more help.

I edited my post above (Post #3) with my pictures. Is anyone here as disgusted as I am by looking at them? Good lord....... I feel sick. I'm a tub of lard.

bro, i am definatley not abercrombie & fitch material, lol. i dont think anyone in here is disgusted, hell i looked worse than you when i started....

Hotmoltenlava
06-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Hey All,

I figured that a few of you wouldn't have word or Acrobat or whatever format I tried to post the list on, so I added a page to my website. I will update it as we go and will keep a link in my sig, to make it easy to find. I still need a few stats from some of you. Please let me know as soon as you can. Enjoy!

Have a good one.

heathershubby
06-04-2007, 08:50 AM
did you get the "print screen" button working? let me know if you need more help.

bro, i am definatley not abercrombie & fitch material, lol. i dont think anyone in here is disgusted, hell i looked worse than you when i started....

this will give away just how computer illiterate I am but I did not know it was a button I was looking under the print pull down and set up for a print screen option lol

I posted fri, sat and sunday in my log I will post them out here to.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s8/heathershubby_01/fitdayjune1st.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s8/heathershubby_01/June2nd.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s8/heathershubby_01/june3rd.jpg

orellanaoa
06-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Hey All,

I figured that a few of you wouldn't have word or Acrobat or whatever format I tried to post the list on, so I added a page to my website. I will update it as we go and will keep a link in my sig, to make it easy to find. I still need a few stats from some of you. Please let me know as soon as you can. Enjoy!

Have a good one.

Hotmoltenlava I went to the website, nice setup man this is an "Official" contest huh... wicked bike too. Good luck to everyone it looks like you all are ready for this.

Hotmoltenlava
06-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Hotmoltenlava I went to the website, nice setup man this is an "Official" contest huh... wicked bike too. Good luck to everyone it looks like you all are ready for this.

:D

Official, only cause bb.com is giving a few prizes.....:D

Have a good one.

SkinnyDip
06-04-2007, 11:32 AM
Alright if you could update me, it says that my bodyfat is 26%.

jaybo334
06-04-2007, 11:54 AM
This fitday.com thing is pretty cool. I never knew it existed until this thread. I started using it today and it's a real handy tool and really going to come in useful.

Hotmoltenlava
06-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Alright if you could update me, it says that my bodyfat is 26%.

What is your accurate bf?

Thanks.

p0opstlnksal0t
06-04-2007, 12:31 PM
man, my lifting stats are moving up quite rapidly.... whatever im doing its working wonders, lol. cause im managing to get stronger, and still lose weight.... awesomeness!

cawiau
06-04-2007, 01:23 PM
I see you guys are having all the fun without me.

Anyway I am back, been out of town for the weekend and I have been bad.

Had pizza and hot on Saturday.
Had Chinese on Sunday.

Now I am up 2 lbs, hopefully will lose it all by tomorow.

Whom else was bad this weekend?

p0opstlnksal0t
06-04-2007, 01:32 PM

Had Chinese on Sunday.

i actually had an awesome weekend, no cheating whatsoever. well, okay i may have ate a lil too much peanutbutter last night, lol... 4 tbsp's

cawiau
06-04-2007, 01:37 PM
i actually had an awesome weekend, no cheating whatsoever. well, okay i may have ate a lil too much peanutbutter last night, lol... 4 tbsp's

Yeah :D

But at least I did my workouts.
I am sure the 2 lbs are going to come off by tomorow....

By the way can we have a web page with everyone picture in it. THis way we know what everyone loos like?

thundergut
06-04-2007, 01:48 PM
Just checking in, already down 2lbs since last Monday. *flex* Now if only I can keep this pace going! :)

Hotmoltenlava
06-04-2007, 01:48 PM
By the way can we have a web page with everyone picture in it. THis way we know what everyone loos like?

I was thinking about it. I work from home as a full time geek (network admin\web\dbase\etc) without a boss over my shoulder, so I have lots of downtime. I can start putting it together in my free time. I don't think there is a way to do that within bb.com, but I can put it on my site, with the stats. Any objections\thoughts? I'll take this as far as you guys want, if you want....:D

Have a good one.

p0opstlnksal0t
06-04-2007, 01:51 PM
I was thinking about it. I work from home as a full time geek (network admin\web\dbase\etc) without a boss over my shoulder, so I have lots of downtime. I can start putting it together in my free time. I don't think there is a way to do that within bb.com, but I can put it on my site, with the stats. Any objections\thoughts? I'll take this as far as you guys want, if you want....:D

Have a good one.

sounds good, or insert a picture into the table next to each persons name? the table would get pretty large though.

cawiau
06-04-2007, 01:55 PM
I don't think there is a way to do that within bb.com, but I can put it on my site, with the stats. Any objections\thoughts? I'll take this as far as you guys want, if you want....:D

No objections on my side, so please feel free to do so.
I would like to be able to keep track of the competition and see how well or how bad everyone is doing.
Stats is one thing but pictures don't lie. :D

psalms66
06-04-2007, 02:13 PM
just got my body fat measurement with the Navy method as 17%.
so i guess my goal is to get at least to 13%.
Today is my fourth day on keto and I'm down to around 168 from 174lbs. so thats encouraging.
About to go lift some weights after a long break and I'm still sick.

cawiau
06-04-2007, 02:17 PM
Good luck to everyone it looks like you all are ready for this.

Yep, we are.
Where are you sergeant? You are late for your drill :D

SkinnyDip
06-04-2007, 02:33 PM
What is your accurate bf?

Thanks.

That is my bodyfat through the US Navy method. When I get my calipers I will get a new measurement.

skuZZitude
06-04-2007, 02:54 PM

Have a good one.

I think pictures would be a great idea for everyone to make it more personal with updates every month. You are awesome for doing this, no doubt this takes a chit load of your time up even if you do it during work. I hereby pledge if I win any gift certificates to donate them to you. Since I will finish 1st that means you can almost count the $100 as money in the bank :D Seriously though it's yours because IF I win any gift certificates it means I had good success and that is enough of a prize for me.

Oh and I took my body fat and it is 37% according to the US navy method. I told you 33% before........ my bad.

skuZZitude
06-04-2007, 03:01 PM
this will give away just how computer illiterate I am but I did not know it was a button I was looking under the print pull down and set up for a print screen option lol

I posted fri, sat and sunday in my log I will post them out here to.

I have to admit I am pretty worried looking at your fitday log... because.... if you keep it up none of us stand a chance in this contest!!!!!!!!............. can I offer you some cake? cookies? lol. Seriously though awesome work man you are eating pretty clean when is your next weigh in?

skuZZitude
06-04-2007, 03:03 PM

Had Chinese on Sunday.

My weekend was ok but I have been eating way too much fat and not enough protein. My ratio on Sunday was 80% fat, 15% protein and 5% carbs~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not on purpose, I just ate a lot of nuts, peanut butter etc and missed my final protein shake. The majority of my protein has been coming from protein shakes too so I need to incorporate some more protein. I dont think I've lost any weigh in the last few days but who knows. I think all my water weight is gone now so from here it's going to be a slow and steady 3-4lbs a week hopefully..... but pizza and chinese food I hope it was good. The 2lbs will come off no sweat man keep it up.

skuZZitude
06-04-2007, 03:07 PM

eh thanks...... hopefully by thanksgiving I will be a nice lean 220lbs....... ripped... shave my hair off (ala 40 year old virign style) .... get a nice tan...... and take a picture in the same spot of my house. Wouldn't that be a wicked before and after shot :D Anything is possible just wish my fuxxing gym equipment would get here so I can start pumping iron like arnold. I've got some decent muscle memory so I can't wait to see the gains in the first 4-6 weeks.

cawiau
06-04-2007, 03:10 PM
I am definetely ready for my workout this afternoon.
Want to kick some ass :D

Hotmoltenlava
06-04-2007, 03:19 PM
That is my bodyfat through the US Navy method. When I get my calipers I will get a new measurement.

I misunderstood. I thought you meant that I had listed 26%, but you actually had another figure. I will change it.

Thanks.

cawiau
06-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Ok, so far I am taking Protein, Fish Oil and Multivatimin.
I purchased some Creatine last week since I know it helps with the maintenance of muscle mass and rebuilding of the muscle.
But I also have a feeling that it is slowing down my weight loss.

So what are your takes on Creatine!
Keep it or Dump it ????

Freddie Beef
06-04-2007, 03:53 PM
I dont think creatine is really needed unless you are going to do a keto diet, like skuzzitude. I have had some good agains takin it. but also had good gains not taking it. I wouldnt recomend it, but you can give it a try and see how ya like it. Your lift numbers will go up. But you will gain mad water weight the first week too.

cawiau
06-04-2007, 03:58 PM
I dont think creatine is really needed unless you are going to do a keto diet, like skuzzitude. I have had some good agains takin it. but also had good gains not taking it. I wouldnt recomend it, but you can give it a try and see how ya like it. Your lift numbers will go up. But you will gain mad water weight the first week too.

Thanks, that is why I was thinking also.
The water weight is bothering me like hell.
I guess I can keep it till I am done with this one.

We will see the results.
I just want to retain muscle, is that too much to ask :(

Ronto
06-04-2007, 04:23 PM
I cut out creatine after my first week because i was bloating like hell, and really felt no difference at all.

cawiau
06-04-2007, 04:37 PM
I cut out creatine after my first week because i was bloating like hell, and really felt no difference at all.

thanks

orellanaoa
06-04-2007, 04:40 PM
Thanks, that is why I was thinking also.
The water weight is bothering me like hell.
I guess I can keep it till I am done with this one.

We will see the results.
I just want to retain muscle, is that too much to ask :(

Hey I used creatine 3months on, 1 off, and people think that this "water weight" is flabby like fat, the retention is in you muscles not in between you skin like fat. So try it, it works different for each individual, you can still lose weight from fat and get more lean muscle mass and when your weight slows down or halts, then kick the creatine to the side for a month to flush it out your system. But IMO you have to try it to judge it for yourself, don't base it on how it works for someone else.

cawiau
06-04-2007, 04:42 PM
But IMO you have to try it to judge it for yourself, don't base it on how it works for someone else.

I intend to try it till I run out.
My problem is the bloated filling and the water weight.
I am up to 302 but my measurements and BF remain the same or actually went down slightly.

orellanaoa
06-04-2007, 04:44 PM

Did you do the loading stage the first week this usually makes you feel bloated because of all the water, but then the second week you go to 1 to 2 servings per day then your body will react normal since you don't consume 5 servings a day with water on top of the regular daily water intake, and like every other supplement it takes weeks before you see the results not a week.

Ronto
06-04-2007, 04:46 PM
Did you do the loading stage the first week this usually makes you feel bloated because of all the water, but then the second week you go to 1 to 2 servings per day then your body will react normal since you don't consume 5 servings a day with water on top of the regular daily water intake, and like every other supplement it takes weeks before you see the results not a week.

It was during the loading phase, but even before when i used it during the loading and after i was always usually bloated. I never noticed any gains really from it either whenever I used it.

orellanaoa
I intend to try it till I run out.
My problem is the bloated filling and the water weight.
I am up to 302 but my measurements and BF remain the same or actually went down slightly.

Don't do the loading stage just consume 5g post workout. Your body will feel less bloated as you use it longer, (just like beer it taste better the more you drink it)

cawiau

OK, ok, God can you drill!!! :D
I will give it a month or two.

But question is : does it actually helps you retain muscle? And if yes, would that slow down my weight/fat loss ?

orellanaoa
06-04-2007, 04:47 PM
It was during the loading phase, but even before when i used it during the loading and after i was always usually bloated. I never noticed any gains really from it either whenever I used it.

Well I guess it works different for everyone, ever try the creatine pills maybe?

cawiau
06-04-2007, 04:47 PM
Don't do the loading stage just consume 5g post workout. Your body will feel less bloated as you use it longer, (just like beer it taste better the more you drink it)

Basically I take it twice a day, 2 servings.

1 during my lifting workout
1 before bed.

Should I get ride of one? If so, which one?

orellanaoa
06-04-2007, 04:54 PM
OK, ok, God can you drill!!! :D
I will give it a month or two.

But question is : does it actually helps you retain muscle? And if yes, would that slow down my weight/fat loss ?

Yes, and Well I really can't say if it does I've used it and can tell a little puffyness after about 2 months and when I can't take it I stop taking it and then its like I dry out and it looks good to me, but my goals weren't to lose weight when I started it was to transform my body and I've really only lost 4lbs since Last Sept. There was no point of me losing any weight and look like a twig or to gain since I have a max weight of 175lbs I wanted to stay around 160-170 but as you can tell I didn't gain massive weight even though I used creatine.

orellanaoa
06-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Basically I take it twice a day, 2 servings.

1 during my lifting workout
1 before bed.

Should I get ride of one? If so, which one?

Uhm.... Drop the one before bed, take pre and postworkout, I would keep it away during workout because your body doesn't need your core temperature to go to your belly to break the creatine down you need it more in the muscles you are working out.

cawiau
06-04-2007, 05:00 PM
Ok sir, I will see how it goes.

If I lose this contest I will blame it all on you :D

orellanaoa
06-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Ok sir, I will see how it goes.

If I lose this contest I will blame it all on you :D

Well its June 4th get your ass to the gym and get off your computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jaybo334
06-04-2007, 05:06 PM
If that's not quality motivation, I don't know what is!

Well its June 4th get your ass to the gym and get off your computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cawiau
06-04-2007, 05:10 PM

I am going!!!I am going!!! :)
Going to post my workout later!

cawiau
06-04-2007, 05:12 PM

LOL :D

cawiau
06-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Question :
Can I post my daily workouts here? I see people posting their calorie intake.
Since I don't count my calories daily, I guess I could post my workout instead?

TheKansan
06-04-2007, 05:14 PM
I am working on getting it posted on my website. Should have it up later today. I didn't realize we had a linux guy in the house.....:D. Buddy of mine works for Redhat. He loves it.

Have a good one.

Thanks a lot man. I'm gonna give you more reps on recharge, you are awesome.

Yeah I am a big linux booster. Not that I can't view office files, its just that on the computer I am using (433mhz 4.3 GB hard drive circa 1998), which is very old and has a very small hard drive, there was no room to install Open Office (the free version of Office which works with linux and can read and create MSOffice files)

cawiau
06-04-2007, 05:17 PM
Cardio

Elliptical

Time : 45 minutes
Resistance : 8 [First 20 Minutes]
-----------> 7 [ Last 25 minutes]
Distance : 4.12 miles

Comments : Good cardio session. Worked a good sweat. Liking the 45 minutes so far. Will try to keep it.

====================================

Off to the gym as my drill sergeant instructed me too.
Will post later or tomorow.

bigboihustle
06-04-2007, 05:31 PM

Had Chinese on Sunday.

I think i had the worst weekend so far. On friday i stayed the night over my friends house for his birthday and i had a bag of fritos scoops with a whole can of cheese dip, 8 hamburgers, 2 hotdogs, 2 big pieces of cake, 4 cup cakes, 8 cokes, 2 diet cokes, and 4 mountain dews. I'm not even gonna list all the otha stuff i ate on saturday and sunday. Well after 3 days of bingeing i gained a pound. But no regrets it was fun. But now its time to get serious.

chrispure
06-04-2007, 05:41 PM
i had some bacon for breakfast thats about it for my "cheat saturday" =]

heathershubby
06-04-2007, 05:52 PM
I did my workout today so well I was at work I weighed myself and it looks like I am reeping the rewards of a tight diet weekend as I am down another 2 lbs today. So I am at 438 lbs that is only one lb more then when I took my little lay off after the holidays last year. The new diet is working really well for me. I don't mind the 1800 cal days cause I know I am going to be able to have 2800 to 3000 cals the next day then today when I can have 2800 cals it seems like I am eating a ton of food lol.

Hope everyone else is doing good

p.s. oh yeah that was me almost hitting my goal when I did the re-evaluation in april after getting back up to 458 lbs so I said I will be happy if I can finish the year strong and lose a lb a week from Aug 1st 06 to Aug 1st 07.

2lbs to go

Penguin-Slide
06-04-2007, 07:14 PM
So I am starting at 275.. dont know my bf though, I will find it and post it.

6 Month goals, 215 pounds.

I will post the start pics and my bf when My home internet is back up

thundergut
06-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Did my 30 mins of cardio and swam for 45 minutes. I hope you all got your workouts in this morning/evening...otherwise this contest is as good as mine! :)

p0opstlnksal0t
06-04-2007, 07:26 PM
hit the gym for some chest action. today really sucked, cause this is the first time ive noticed myself getting weaker because of my deficit diet.

incline dumbell press:
70lb x 10/ superset with 35lb incline flys x10
75lb x 10/ superset with 35lb incline flys x10
80lb x 3... lol
75lb x 8/ superset with 35lb incline flys x8

flat bench barbell press
185 x 10
225 x 10
245 x 8

cable flys
forgot weight... i was pretty dead by this time. lol.

cardio- 20min. full incline @ 4mph kept heart rate between 155-165

food intake today:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82/p0opstinksal0t/FITDAY060407.jpg

Hotmoltenlava
06-04-2007, 08:31 PM
I think i had the worst weekend so far. On friday i stayed the night over my friends house for his birthday and i had a bag of fritos scoops with a whole can of cheese dip, 8 hamburgers, 2 hotdogs, 2 big pieces of cake, 4 cup cakes, 8 cokes, 2 diet cokes, and 4 mountain dews. I'm not even gonna list all the otha stuff i ate on saturday and sunday. Well after 3 days of bingeing i gained a pound. But no regrets it was fun. But now its time to get serious.

Sorry to call you out, man, but come on.....:D I can't even imagine what your colon is thinking today......:D

Get back on the wagon.

Have a good one.

lil_how_how
06-04-2007, 09:49 PM
You ate all that and only gained a pound? I gained three pounds just reading that!

roadwarrior9355
06-04-2007, 10:09 PM
I edited my post above (Post #3) with my pictures. Is anyone here as disgusted as I am by looking at them?

Those are yesterday?s pictures. You are with us now. Just think of all the fun you will have with those pictures when your transformation is complete. *No, honest that was me. Really. Would I lie?* I am looking forward to that. Nothing else could get me to put my pictures out there.

:)

Hotmoltenlava check the laws about posting the pictures. CYA man. I would hate to lose one of the good ones.

Awesome work on your site.

bigboihustle
06-04-2007, 10:21 PM
You ate all that and only gained a pound? I gained three pounds just reading that!

I was active that day, we were playing tackel football and basketball till 2 in da mourning.

psalms66
06-05-2007, 12:00 AM
I ate just about everything in my house today and I haven't lifted in several days. I have to forget about it and start my diet over again that I was doing so well on. I am back to about 170lbs after everything. Good luck to me.

STEADY
06-05-2007, 05:10 AM
My software issues are a thing of the past. I have updated my BodySpace with a new pic taken this morning.

Stats for Hotmoltenlava for the spreadsheet (used Navy method for BF%, lean mass, etc.)...
used for calculations... http://www.he.net/cgi-bin/suid/~zone/prothd1

5'10" male
180 lbs (153 Lean) {actual weight is 179.8}
15% BF
16 1/2 Neck
34 1/2" across navel

New goal...
32" Across the Navel weighing in above 165lbs. under 12% bodyfat.

Good luck everyone

orellanaoa
06-05-2007, 05:54 AM
Did my 30 mins of cardio and swam for 45 minutes. I hope you all got your workouts in this morning/evening...otherwise this contest is as good as mine! :)

Thundergut you are making some good progress already, my cardio is done in 30 mins and to think of going swimming for 45 would just kill me. Pretty soon you will be doing cardio for an hour and swimming for 2 hours and I'll probabaly still be doing 30 min of cardio.

orellanaoa
06-05-2007, 05:59 AM

Jaybo just noticed your stats 475 to 364 good job man you'll do some good things by Thanksgiving. and with the summer rolling by I'd go for outside runs with the heat and stuff (actually I should have checked where you live) anyways keep up the good work.

Hotmoltenlava
06-05-2007, 06:49 AM
Hotmoltenlava check the laws about posting the pictures. CYA man. I would hate to lose one of the good ones.

Hmmmm......what are you referring to?

thundergut
06-05-2007, 07:37 AM
Thundergut you are making some good progress already, my cardio is done in 30 mins and to think of going swimming for 45 would just kill me. Pretty soon you will be doing cardio for an hour and swimming for 2 hours and I'll probabaly still be doing 30 min of cardio.

Thanks man! That's a big boost coming from the Drill Sgt. himself :)

I used to swim distance competitively, anywhere from the 200 to 1650 and up. Used to practice 2x a day, for 1.5-2hrs each, and would log 10-12 miles per practice at peak training. I know I'm nowhere near where I could be, but it feels damn good to be back in the pool.

thundergut
06-05-2007, 07:41 AM

Sorry to call you out, man, but come on.....:D I can't even imagine what your colon is thinking today......:D

Get back on the wagon.

Have a good one.

My colon is now forming a support group for bigboihustle's colon. Meetings are Mondays and Thursdays, from 6pm to 8:30pm in the Rec Room on the 3rd floor.

I hurt just reading that bigboi...if I tried to even think about playing tackle football with all that inside me, I'd rupture in anticipation. However, you gotta respect the gastro-abilities of some folks. :)

GDe42
06-05-2007, 08:15 AM
Yeah there are definately late spring parties these next few weeks around me. Drinking water instead of beer doesnt go so well with the friends. This is a great support group we have going here. Keep it up

Hotmoltenlava
06-05-2007, 08:27 AM
Yeah there are definately late spring parties these next few weeks around me. Drinking water instead of beer doesnt go so well with the friends. This is a great support group we have going here. Keep it up

There are definitely times where I say, wtf, yeah know?.......But if you work it into your daily or weekly calories or use it as your blue moon cheat, it is not a big deal. You just have to look at the big picture. I always say that if I can eat right and exercise right 95% of the time, I am kicking ass. There are few people that follow anything 100% of time. Those that do are completely restricting themselves, in my opinion.

Example......I go to the Indy 500 every year. It is like New Year's Eve. It is crazy. I camped out the night before. I wasn't about to completely ruin the fun.....sooooo I drank Light beer and I worked it into my daily calories. The main problem is once you are typsy, it is damn hard to say no to the Carni food that is everywhere....:D My point is, don't beat yourself up if you want to enjoy yourself....just work it into your plan.....or use it as your blue moon cheat. Works for me.

Have a good one.

Hotmoltenlava
06-05-2007, 08:28 AM
My colon is now forming a support group for bigboihustle's colon. Meetings are Mondays and Thursdays, from 6pm to 8:30pm in the Rec Room on the 3rd floor.

I hurt just reading that bigboi...if I tried to even think about playing tackle football with all that inside me, I'd rupture in anticipation. However, you gotta respect the gastro-abilities of some folks. :)

LOL!

p0opstlnksal0t
06-05-2007, 08:44 AM
There are definitely times where I say, wtf, yeah know?.......But if you work it into your daily or weekly calories or use it as your blue moon cheat, it is not a big deal. You just have to look at the big picture. I always say that if I can eat right and exercise right 95% of the time, I am kicking ass. There are few people that follow anything 100% of time. Those that do are completely restricting themselves, in my opinion.

Example......I go to the Indy 500 every year. It is like New Year's Eve. It is crazy. I camped out the night before. I wasn't about to completely ruin the fun.....sooooo I drank Light beer and I worked it into my daily calories. The main problem is once you are typsy, it is damn hard to say no to the Carni food that is everywhere....:D My point is, don't beat yourself up if you want to enjoy yourself....just work it into your plan.....or use it as your blue moon cheat. Works for me.

Have a good one.

i would say the same, however i would not do it once a week. when i used alcohol as my cheat once a week, i found myself gaining weight, and feeling weaker the next day or 2 after, especially in the gym. alcohol is just bad news when it comes to cutting, and its just too detrimental.

p0opstlnksal0t
06-05-2007, 08:47 AM

for me it was worth the sacrifice. now, whenever we go to bars or clubs i usually am the first one out of all my friends to pick up a hot chick. priceless... Its only gonna get better, the more confident and better looking i get.

BigBoisColon
06-05-2007, 09:47 AM

Thank you, I really need help, this kid is trying to kill us!!!! Get him in the gym and make him eat some fruit please!!!!

bigboihustle
06-05-2007, 09:59 AM
Lol, u made a username for my colon! But mr. colon is alittle sick right now, but he should be feeling better in a few days. He also says thank you for the worries.

Hotmoltenlava
06-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Thank you, I really need help, this kid is trying to kill us!!!! Get him in the gym and make him eat some fruit please!!!!

Repped for making me giggle.

Hotmoltenlava
06-05-2007, 10:15 AM
i would say the same, however i would not do it once a week. when i used alcohol as my cheat once a week, i found myself gaining weight, and feeling weaker the next day or 2 after, especially in the gym. alcohol is just bad news when it comes to cutting, and its just too detrimental.

Agreed. I am not saying to do it every week. I am saying for special occasions.

Have a good one.

thundergut
06-05-2007, 10:54 AM

Get this man some Fibercon and an enema, STAT!

orellanaoa
06-05-2007, 11:11 AM

Mr. Colon make sure you post your stats and update your progress pics.....;)

thundergut
06-05-2007, 11:18 AM

Could we perhaps pass on the Colon pictures? I'd like to hold down my chicken and quinoa from lunch... lmao

Ronto
06-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Well tonight I have back/bi's

tomorrow is second week weigh in for me... Kinda nervous because this weekend was my grad party so i ate like **** Saturday, and had cookies sunday *kind of an inside joke graduation pressent from my sister*.

bigboihustle
06-05-2007, 11:34 AM

If u can just hold on for 2-3 more days till my new camera to arrive i will post new pics, i'm itching to post some

p0opstlnksal0t
06-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Well tonight I have back/bi's

tomorrow is second week weigh in for me... Kinda nervous because this weekend was my grad party so i ate like **** Saturday, and had cookies sunday *kind of an inside joke graduation pressent from my sister*.

sweet! back is one of my favorites to work out! especially now that i can notice my lats getting bigger!

skuZZitude
06-05-2007, 03:02 PM
I bought a cheap breadmaker yesterday and I've been making some low-carb bread in it... man it tastes good. Only 3.5 carbs per slice. Grilled cheese sandwiches have never tasted so good, nor has peanut butter smoothered one a thin piece of bread. Yesterday was a good day I figure I ate 3000 calories which is good, because I had been only eating 1800-2000. I ate about 8 meals yesterday from 7am to ending the day at 10pm with a nice protein shake. Weigh in is in 4 days!!!!!!! Workout equipment should be here by Thurs or Friday too!!!!

Another one of my goals....... 1.5 mile run in 9min 30sec

dochall22
06-05-2007, 03:17 PM
I finally started eating healthy today. I had to bring the wife onboard because she was killing me!!! Everytime I was trying to eat healthy she was wanting/fixing/ bringing home bad bad stuff!!! So, we are doing this together!

Today's meals so far:
Breakfast - 10am (yeah I know, i slept in)
2-eggs with skim milk for scrambled fluffy eggs from the microwave!
4-tiny tomatoes and some salsa on the eggs
16oz Glass of skim milk
Some cottage cheese on top of spinach leaves with a couple strawberries and grapes.

Lunch - chicken sandwich on wheat with spinach leaves, cheese, and mustard. Half a can of Diet Dr. Pepper

Snack - Bananananana

I have a yogurt and some more cottage cheese and fruit to eat while at work til 11 so, i'll break it into two different times around 6 and then the other around 8.

This is all i plan on eating today, and probably add on another diet Dr. Pepper at some point.

Any advice? Is this enough or too much ? I'm not working out hard right now just some mild cardio til I get I can get in the gym, still havent gotten my membership approved!

jaybo334
06-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Weighed in this morning and am down three pounds to 361!

Hotmoltenlava
06-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Weighed in this morning and am down three pounds to 361!

Excellent!

lil_how_how
06-05-2007, 03:47 PM
I was down to 266.5 yesterday from 271 last monday. That's 1.5 pounds above the 3 pound average loss a week I need to attain my goal. I'm pretty happy with that. I think that tells me that eventhough I'm losing less weight a week than I was over the last month I'm likely retaining more muscle. I'll find out for sure when I do the Navy test on July 1st.

I did my mini chest/arms workout today (for those of you that don't know I'm working around an injury I had surgery on a while back on my left shoulder still).

- 3 sets Dumbell Preacher curls superset w/3 sets close grip bench press
- 3 sets dumbell hammer preacher curls
- 3 sets elbows out dumbell extensions
- 2 sets low weight high rep dumbell presses

I don't do any cardio on Tuesdays but I did clean out my basement today, which may as well have been cardio. I was pumped after the workout and knocked it really fast, I shocked myself and my wife. :p

orellanaoa
06-05-2007, 03:59 PM
I finally started eating healthy today. I had to bring the wife onboard because she was killing me!!! Everytime I was trying to eat healthy she was wanting/fixing/ bringing home bad bad stuff!!! So, we are doing this together!

Today's meals so far:
Meal 1 Breakfast - 10am (yeah I know, i slept in)
4-eggs whites 2 whole eggs with some salsa on the eggs
16oz Glass of skim milk, natural peanut butter on 2 slices wheat bread

Meal 2 1c cottage cheese on top of spinach leaves or preworkout 1 scoop
protein and a fruit
Meal 3 Postworkout 2 scoops protein w/ cup of oatmeal

Meal 4 Lunch - chicken sandwich on wheat with spinach leaves, fat free cheese, and mustard. Crystal light

Meal 5 can tuna w/ unsalted peanuts

Meal 6 1 scoop protein

Meal 7 1 cup cottage cheese with natural peanut butter

This is all i plan on eating today, and probably add on another diet Dr. Pepper at some point.

Any advice? Is this enough or too much ? I'm not working out hard right now just some mild cardio til I get I can get in the gym, still havent gotten my membership approved!

You know I have to throw my 2 cents in, uhmm why don't you ditch the "diet" Dr. pepper for some water and leave it for a cheat day? It might be diet but try and keep away from artificial flavors....trust me try using it for a month and then try without it for a month.. you might even lose some extra weight. Why do you microwave your eggs? just woundering, Fruits are good but try to eat them before you work out if you are trying to lose wieght you don't need sugar any other time of the day, even if its fructose. May I also ask why you don't have protein in all your meals, alot of fruit looks like to me (to much sugar). I kinda modified you diet ^^^ you don't have to follow it but its more balanced, I'm not sure the calories but you can adjust it to fit your required cal intake and schedule. Sorry I wrote so much :)

dochall22
06-05-2007, 04:26 PM
You know I have to throw my 2 cents in, uhmm why don't you ditch the "diet" Dr. pepper for some water and leave it for a cheat day? It might be diet but try and keep away from artificial flavors....trust me try using it for a month and then try without it for a month.. you might even lose some extra weight. Why do you microwave your eggs? just woundering, Fruits are good but try to eat them before you work out if you are trying to lose wieght you don't need sugar any other time of the day, even if its fructose. May I also ask why you don't have protein in all your meals, alot of fruit looks like to me (to much sugar). I kinda modified you diet ^^^ you don't have to follow it but its more balanced, I'm not sure the calories but you can adjust it to fit your required cal intake and schedule. Sorry I wrote so much :)

Well, I'm working on getting to just water, but I've been a pop addict all my life, I can put a 2-litre away during one meal. So, I know that water would be better, and I'm working on it, but have to take baby steps ya know?

I microwave'd the eggs - 1. Less clean up. 2. Faster 3. I dont have to use a pan, so no grease/oil or spray needed to prevent sticking, so I thought it'd be healthier also, is this not a good idea?

I figured Fructose is better than glucose, and if i'm going to have some sort of sweet it might as well be the sweetest natural i can get. Anyway, I'm not working out right now, so i figure the effect the fructose has on my protein isnt as potentially detrimentalt as when I start lifting, then i'll cut it out. Fructose has a low glycemic index, so less belly fat from it than the other sugars

I dont have alot of protein in all the meals because I didnt think i need as much since I'm not working out right now. This is the diet I'll also use on my off days.

lil_how_how
06-05-2007, 04:30 PM
I agree, having less artificial sweetners really goes a long way to keeping you honest and keeping cravings at bay.

Also diet pop with caffeine in it is a bad idea because I like to keep my caffeine sensitivity high for pre-workout protein shakes. I put two teaspoons of instant coffee in the blender with my protein mix and it really helps you get through a tough workout and raises the intensity a notch.

Unsalted Almonds > unsalted peanuts, however.

lil_how_how
06-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Why aren't you working out right now?

Also, no there's nothing wrong with microwaving your eggs. It's a pretty good way to make scrambled eggs.

dochall22
06-05-2007, 04:43 PM
I'm riding my mt. bike on some trails for cardio but I havent' started lifiting yet because I'm waiting on my membership stuff to clear through work. Then I'll have a huge gym with very few people in my way!!! Our local Y is over populated so i decided to join the gym here at work, it's bigger and less people, but I have to workout right before work or right after, because it's an hour from the house! The Y is much closer! Anyway, I'll be working out sometime this month, and then it's on.

lil_how_how
06-05-2007, 04:52 PM
Oh you're so totally gonna get drilled by Oscar!

Why not do bodyweight squats, push-ups, curl a gallon of milk, etc?

You're not going to win with that attitude you slacker!

dochall22
06-05-2007, 04:55 PM

I'm riding a mt bike 5+ miles a day through rough terrain, up and downhill race course which I used to race a few years ago, it's a upper body workout/legs and cardio all at once. I think it'll suffice til the gym membo'ship gets here

orellanaoa
06-05-2007, 04:55 PM
Well, I'm working on getting to just water, but I've been a pop addict all my life, I can put a 2-litre away during one meal. So, I know that water would be better, and I'm working on it, but have to take baby steps ya know?

I microwave'd the eggs - 1. Less clean up. 2. Faster 3. I dont have to use a pan, so no grease/oil or spray needed to prevent sticking, so I thought it'd be healthier also, is this not a good idea?

I figured Fructose is better than glucose, and if i'm going to have some sort of sweet it might as well be the sweetest natural i can get. Anyway, I'm not working out right now, so i figure the effect the fructose has on my protein isnt as potentially detrimentalt as when I start lifting, then i'll cut it out. Fructose has a low glycemic index, so less belly fat from it than the other sugars

I dont have alot of protein in all the meals because I didnt think i need as much since I'm not working out right now. This is the diet I'll also use on my off days.

I was just woundering I've tried hard boiled, omelet, scrambled and I don't know the name but its when you cook the egg in a frying pan with water. Anyways I don't see anything wrong with Microwave. And I see where you are coming from with the diet soda, baby steps is the way to go, it took me about 5 months to give up cheat meals fri and sat you know the weekend means time to go out and eat. But now I cheat the last saturday of the month and I make sure its something worth cheating with. Well good anwere on the fruits question I had, I'm guessing baby steps there too.

lil_how_how Coffee in your preworkout shake... that is a very smart Idea I have never thought or heard someone doing this until now....did you come up with this?

skuZZitude
06-05-2007, 05:00 PM
I hear you on the Diet Dr. Pepper. I haven't drank a diet pop in a week now since May 29th. I missed it at first, but...... I have found a substitute. NESTEA!!!!!!! Nestea is now making single packets. You drop one of them into a 500ml bottle of water and it tastes awesome. These are NOT like the crystal lite. I find crystal lite wayy too sweet and just yucky, gives me a headache and aspratame is gross. Nestle uses splenda in their NESTEA and it's just an overall very mellow nice test. like 5 calories per package. I drop 3 of them into a 1.5L bottle of water (costs $0.64 for a 1.5L bottle of water) and I drink 4 of them per day. Costs me $5.00 for 12 packs of the nestea stuff. So I am drinkng 6 liters of water a day and it costs me like $7 a day. Not too bad but it can get expensive. It's still better than pop. I used to buy a 12 pack of pop and drink it all in one day (diet).

Today's meals so far:
Breakfast - 10am (yeah I know, i slept in)
2-eggs with skim milk for scrambled fluffy eggs from the microwave!
4-tiny tomatoes and some salsa on the eggs
16oz Glass of skim milk
Some cottage cheese on top of spinach leaves with a couple strawberries and grapes.

Lunch - chicken sandwich on wheat with spinach leaves, cheese, and mustard. Half a can of Diet Dr. Pepper

Snack - Bananananana

I have a yogurt and some more cottage cheese and fruit to eat while at work til 11 so, i'll break it into two different times around 6 and then the other around 8.

orellanaoa
06-05-2007, 05:01 PM

Thats actually a good idea I'd stop everynow and then while riding my bike and fight a bear or something. Bike is good but it doesn't build upper body muscle (muscle helps you burn calories even while sitting) so push ups and dips on a chair some pullups can really make a good work out if you put them together. I just learned how to do shrugs on a pull up bar at the playground.

lil_how_how
06-05-2007, 05:01 PM
I've heard of other people doing it since I've been here but I tried it on my own a few years ago before my injury and before I knew anything about online bodybuilding forums and my only knowledge resources were FLEX magazines I picked up at Barnes & Noble.

At first I was brewing coffee in a coffee maker double strong a cup at a time and tossing it in my shakes, but a warm protein shake doesn't go down so easy. I picked up some isntant coffee after a week of that and it worked great.

orellanaoa
06-05-2007, 05:05 PM
I've heard of other people doing it since I've been here but I tried it on my own a few years ago before my injury and before I knew anything about online bodybuilding forums and my only knowledge resources were FLEX magazines I picked up at Barnes & Noble.

At first I was brewing coffee in a coffee maker double strong a cup at a time and tossing it in my shakes, but a warm protein shake doesn't go down so easy. I picked up some isntant coffee after a week of that and it worked great.

Yeah I usually drink one before cardio in the morning but I could enjoy somemore before workout later in the day kinda like a boost or something, so can I just drop a scoop of coffee in my protein with out warming it up, does it taste fine even if I don't heat the instant coffee?

lil_how_how
06-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Yeah the taste is fine. A chocolate flavored whey protein shake with a couple teaspoons of instant coffee actually tastes a lot like a Frappuccino. It's pretty great.

No need to warm it up at all, it mixes perfectly so no granules or anything. Of course I do use a blender and not a shaker, but I don't think you'd have much trouble just using a shaker either.

lil_how_how
06-05-2007, 05:15 PM
I'd stop everynow and then while riding my bike and fight a bear or something.

pfft, I'd fight two bears

blindfolded.

orellanaoa
06-05-2007, 05:19 PM
pfft, I'd fight two bears

blindfolded.

pfffffffttttt Blindfolded....

Well I sleep with bobcats just to keep warm since I live in the woods of PA, thats why they call me Mayan Man

lil_how_how
06-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Bobcats are afraid to sleep with me...

dochall22
06-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Ha Ha. You guys and your bear stories.
Watch out for this bear!

http://www.funnyhub.com/videos/pages/bear-fights-for-fish.html

orellanaoa
06-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Bobcats are afraid to sleep with me...

Well did I mention after I sleep with them I eat them for breakfast with microwaved eagle eggs.........

lil_how_how
06-05-2007, 06:02 PM
They'll stop sleeping with you after you do that for a while. That's what happened to me. Now in the morning I just eat another bear with a microwaved bear cub.

Not as tasty...

skuZZitude
06-05-2007, 06:09 PM
If only Stephen Colbert could read the blasphomy going on in this thread

Ronto
06-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Just got back from doing back and bi's... posted workoutin my journal. Drinking pwo shake then bout to shower eat and go out...

Hope everybody is sticking with it!!!

I don't want to win to easily :P

orellanaoa
06-05-2007, 06:40 PM
They'll stop sleeping with you after you do that for a while. That's what happened to me. Now in the morning I just eat another bear with a microwaved bear cub.

Not as tasty...

Good point, maybe I'll just eat hardboiled dino eggs by MuscleTech and tiger bacon from Atkins.

Ronto
06-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Good point, maybe I'll just eat hardboiled dino eggs by MuscleTech and tiger bacon from Atkins.

I have a liger farm just to eat there high protein steaks.

orellanaoa
06-05-2007, 08:01 PM

hhmmm... Lion + Tiger = liger
Tiger + Lion = tigon

Tigon + Liger = Orellanaoa

dochall22
06-05-2007, 08:24 PM
hhmmm... Lion + Tiger = liger
Tiger + Lion = tigon

Tigon + Liger = Orellanaoa

Not to burst your bubble, but the Tigon + Liger combo, genetically speaking, would actually not yield anything more impresive than the liger, so, you actually just referred to yourself as less than a liger, and a 25% chance your less than a liger and a tigon. Just a little FYI

lil_how_how
06-05-2007, 08:24 PM

roffles

winnar!

roadwarrior9355
06-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Hmmmm......what are you referring to?

I really like the idea of all of the pictures in one place. Kind of ups the ante some. Having our own DI is awesome too! :)

It is just a heads up. You might want to print and keep a copy of our permission to post the images. I don't know if you need legal names or not. Does anyone else know?

You would know better than I what statement is needed so that those images do not become immanent domain. (Did I say that correctly?)

My grandmother taught me:
Expect the best. Prepare for the worst.

She had millions of these sayings ;)

roadwarrior9355
06-05-2007, 08:47 PM

Not as tasty...

Yuck :P Bear meat is greasy. Stick with microwaved eggs.

lil_how_how
06-05-2007, 08:48 PM
I doubt there's anything to worry about regarding the pictures. He wouldn't have them if we didn't already put them on the internet for public viewing anyway. He's not trying to use our likeness to make a profit or anything, so it shouldn't be an issue.

lil_how_how
06-05-2007, 08:50 PM
Yuck :P Bear meat is greasy. Stick with microwaved eggs.

I have actually eaten bear meat a number of times and I agree it's not very good. But when your friend kills a bear and invites you over for dinner you don't say "Couldn't you have killed something tastier?" Because he already killed a frigg'n bear..

bigboihustle
06-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Omg, is anyone else having late night cravings? There killing me, i'm alittle under 2500 cals for the day. How does everyone here control their cravings?

lil_how_how
06-05-2007, 09:12 PM
teaspoon of natural peanut butter then go to bed :p

Freddie Beef
06-05-2007, 09:21 PM
I am in the same calorie range, and the cravings are pretty tuff. Try a protien shake and a couple of Tablespoons of peanut butter. Or a half cup cottage cheese and 2 table spoons peanutbutter. Other than that. Drink a lot of water when you get them. LATE NIGHT CRAVINGS SUCK>my only diet downfall....

lil_how_how
06-05-2007, 09:23 PM
You could always try anticipating your late night cravings and working a shake into your calorie count.

I mean, if you're always going to crave something at midnight and you know it just make it work for you rather than against you.

bigboihustle
06-05-2007, 09:25 PM
I like the protein shake idea, i'ma go make one now, thanks?

Freddie Beef
06-05-2007, 09:26 PM
See every night I go to bed at around midnite. I wake up at either 2am or 2:30 am. EVERY NIGHT! I never thought about incorporating a shake or something into my calories. I eat the cottage cheese and pb before bed, it helps, but I still wake up , but not as hungry. I am getting alot better at ti.

Freddie Beef
06-05-2007, 09:27 PM
I will just post on here to give me somethin to do. Hmmmmm, lets see if it works.

lil_how_how
06-05-2007, 09:28 PM
fred, it's not a terrible idea to have a protein shake late night anyway. If it happens every night and you can work it into your calorie count I'd just go with it and schedule a protein shake every night at that time.

I have 2 scoops of whey before I go to bed every night and I don't end up having late night cravings (then again late night for me would be like 6am i guess).

Freddie Beef
06-05-2007, 09:34 PM
If I did that would put my protien count for the day over 300 grams. calorie wise I would be fine, it would put me at 2500, I am gonna try it thru monday. It cant hurt me..

lil_how_how
06-05-2007, 09:35 PM
Good call broseph.

Hotmoltenlava
06-05-2007, 09:35 PM
You would know better than I what statement is needed so that those images do not become immanent domain. (Did I say that correctly?)

Good thought, but I believe that once you post a picture on a public message board, it becomes public domain. Like someone else said, I am definitely not gaining anything from it. I'll work on it soon.

Have a good one.

Hotmoltenlava
06-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Good call broseph.

Hey How How......I have used cold coffee in my protein shake in the morning too. Brew a pot and put in the fridge (so your protein shake isn't warm). Lasts for a few days. What I don't understand is the equation under your avatar.......what does the = <3 part mean?......:D.

Have a good one.

lil_how_how
06-05-2007, 09:39 PM
<3

It's a heart, meaning love or something. Sorry I'm an intraweb nerd :/

skuZZitude
06-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Mini goal: 292lbs on June 9th.!!!

I've got 3 more full days until the big weigh in for my first week post contest :) So far I don't think I am doing well I might be 294 or 295 tomorrow? No way to know, just guessing. I am going to eat somewhat well tomorrow and Thursday. Friday I start a massive work scheduule, I work 9 night shifts (5pm to 7am) in a row. So I hope to drop a good amount of weight then (I lose weight fast when im working).

HOW IS EVERYONE ELSE DOING?

lil_how_how
06-05-2007, 10:55 PM
This is going to be my Diet for the next three weeks. It's a lot like what I've been eating for the last three weeks but 1 burger less. I just feel like I could eat less and it wouldn't really hurt me at all. Sometimes I have trouble fitting all that food into one day and I never feel like I'm starving, so I think it's a step in the right direction.

Breakdown - 333g Protein, 133g Carbs, 61g Fat

2,413 Calories

Pre-workout: Protein Shake w/1 tbsp Natural Peanutbutter and 2tsp instant coffee(21f, 16c, 47p)

PWO: Protein Shake (5f, 10c, 40p)

Meal 1: 96/4 Burger on Whole Wheat bun w/Heinz 1carb (10f, 27c, 53p)

Meal 2: 96/4 Burger on Whole Wheat bun w/Heinz 1carb (10f, 27c, 53p)

Meal 3: Protein Shake (5f, 10c, 40p)

Meal 4: 96/4 Burger on Whole Wheat bun w/Heinz 1carb (10f, 27c, 53p)

Meal 5: Protein Shake w/1 tbsp Natural Peanutbutter(21f, 16c, 47p)

skuZZitude
06-06-2007, 01:55 AM
Way to mix it up :D

This is going to be my Diet for the next three weeks. It's a lot like what I've been eating for the last three weeks but 1 burger less. I just feel like I could eat less and it wouldn't really hurt me at all. Sometimes I have trouble fitting all that food into one day and I never feel like I'm starving, so I think it's a step in the right direction.

2,413 Calories

Pre-workout: Protein Shake w/1 tbsp Natural Peanutbutter and 2tsp instant coffee(21f, 16c, 47p)

Penguin-Slide
06-06-2007, 05:50 AM
Wow, so i went and bought a measuring tape to do my BF%... I was able to use my belly button as a tape holder by just cramming it in there.

terrible.

Anyway,

Your weight is: 275 pounds
Your sex is: Male
Your Body Fat percentage is: 31
Your Lean Body Mass is: 190 pounds
Your 'Ideal' weight is: 218 pounds

So my goal, 215 pounds.

thundergut
06-06-2007, 05:59 AM
For my late night cravings, usually I'm needing something sweet and filling. Not exactly a good combo. However, about a 1/2c of cottage cheese, a liberal covering of ground cinnamon, and 2 tbsp of splenda makes life better.

orellanaoa
06-06-2007, 07:35 AM

2,413 Calories

Thats alot of "burger", I'm guessing you are not a fan of chicken, fish, or eggs? A Tuna sandwich with fatfree mayo wouldn't hurt, or some brown rice mixed with the burger, and where are your veggies and fruits?

orellanaoa
06-06-2007, 07:37 AM
For my late night cravings, usually I'm needing something sweet and filling. Not exactly a good combo. However, about a 1/2c of cottage cheese, a liberal covering of ground cinnamon, and 2 tbsp of splenda makes life better.

Here is a good way to satisfy your late night cravings, have sex you'll be so tired from the low calories that right after having sex you'll just pass out you'll be lucky if you can even put your underwear back on, if the woman doesn't want some, do the old flappy its worth doing that then eating late at night.

Freddie Beef
06-06-2007, 07:41 AM
Here is a good way to satisfy your late night cravings, have sex you'll be so tired from the low calories that right after having sex you'll just pass out you'll be lucky if you can even put your underwear back on, if the woman doesn't want some, do the old flappy its worth doing that then eating late at night.

Having sex makes me hungry as hell. I do it like 3x a day anyway(who said marriage was bad) So I tryt to refrain from the kid is sleeping lets do it sex. BUt it is a good way to burn calories and get some good ab work in.

orellanaoa
06-06-2007, 07:44 AM
Having sex makes me hungry as hell. I do it like 3x a day anyway(who said marriage was bad) So I tryt to refrain from the kid is sleeping lets do it sex. BUt it is a good way to burn calories and get some good ab work in.

So you are the opposite, sex gives you energy to eat, I can't even make it to the kitchen after I get some (i'm married to but I only like to give it up everyother night). Does the va-JJ add calories if you eat it?

Freddie Beef
06-06-2007, 07:47 AM
I have a sticker on my car that says..V.....s, taste great fat free, it does help curb late night cravings too.

Spike92
06-06-2007, 08:35 AM
I would like to enter if not too late

"1)Post your starting stats (weight, body fat, height, age)
4)Post your picture MONTHLY in this thread.....or on your Bodyspace.....or on your personal website....or wherever....just post it somewhere.
5)Support everyone that is in the competition and help those that fall off the wagon. Repeated negative comments won't be tolerated."

1. Weight: 208 Body fat: 26.5% Height: 5'11 age: 15
2. My goals are to get to 145lbs

Will update my body space soon.

UnderpantsGnome
06-06-2007, 08:42 AM
Re-posting my measurement/goals in this thread:
I was all hyped up and motivated to get back in the gym and of course Sunday night I get sick as a dog, which doesn't happen often. Still feeling weak today, but I'm gonna give it a try today.

According to the Navy Method:
Waist = 44.5"
Neck = 16.5"
Height = 6'4"
Your weight is: 267 pounds
Your Body Fat percentage is: 29
Your Lean Body Mass is: 192 pounds
Your 'Ideal' weight is: 220 pounds

Short term goals:
1.5-2lbs / Week
Long term goals:
220ish and 12%+/- BF

I'll be starting back at the gym Monday after being lazy the last few years. I'll probably be looking for food advice, I seem to struggle with that. I played sports all through high school/college/minor league baseball. Got hurt, married, desk job and all of a sudden I went from 200lbs-12%bf and in great shape to a fat slob...

UnderpantsGnome
06-06-2007, 08:45 AM
Wow, so i went and bought a measuring tape to do my BF%... I was able to use my belly button as a tape holder by just cramming it in there.

terrible.

Anyway,

Your weight is: 275 pounds
Your sex is: Male
Your Body Fat percentage is: 31
Your Lean Body Mass is: 190 pounds
Your 'Ideal' weight is: 218 pounds

So my goal, 215 pounds.

I think you posted in the other thread, but we have very similar frames and goals. Stay commited, it will be nice to see how we compare towards the end.

p0opstlnksal0t
06-06-2007, 08:58 AM
doing good here... no cheats since the contest started. took yesterday off from the gym, today i hit bicep/lower back.

Hotmoltenlava
06-06-2007, 09:13 AM
<3

It's a heart, meaning love or something. Sorry I'm an intraweb nerd :/

Make's sense. Just never seen it.

Ronto
06-06-2007, 09:16 AM
Well, weight in was today

36.5"

Happy so far with my progress... let's see if i can stick with the 1" a week off the waist.

Hotmoltenlava
06-06-2007, 09:18 AM
I would like to enter if not too late

"1)Post your starting stats (weight, body fat, height, age)
5)Support everyone that is in the competition and help those that fall off the wagon. Repeated negative comments won't be tolerated."

1. Weight: 208 Body fat: 26.5% Height: 5'11 age: 15
2. My goals are to get to 145lbs

Will update my body space soon.

Sorry, Spike. Contest is closed for the prizes, but stick around. There is plenty of motivation to be found here. You can still post like the rules say, you just won't be a part of the vote at the end.

Have a good one.

Hotmoltenlava
06-06-2007, 09:23 AM
doing good here... no cheats since the contest started.

I had a bad night last night. I think I have been going too low on my calories. I had this insane desire to eat and eat. The only good news is that I ate too much almonds, peanut butter and cottage cheese. I guess I built muscle instead of losing fat yesterday......:D

That is the good thing about lifting........If you eat too much one day, you'll gain muscle. If you eat too little, you'll burn fat. My goal is to cut though, so I screwed up......:D. Didn't show up on the scale, though, so maybe I just needed a few more calories.

The body is a weird thing, no? I guess if it wasn't, we'd all be skinny and ripped.

Have a good one.

MilesAway
06-06-2007, 09:33 AM
I finally took measurements and have a body fat %. Used the Navy method, so not sure if it's entirely accurate, also, couldn't find a tape measure, so I used a spare skate lace and then put that against a measuring tape (the extending not really bendable kind).

So, these probably aren't perfect, but they're better than nothing:

Height: 5'2" (62")
Waist/Abdomen: 29"
Hips: 36.5"
Neck: 15"

Body fat: 24.4%

So somewhere between 13 and 16% come November is a good goal. Too low, and I'll be skeletal, and it'll affect my hockey, too high, and well, I won't have made any progress now will I? :p

Spike92
06-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Sorry, Spike. Contest is closed for the prizes, but stick around. There is plenty of motivation to be found here. You can still post like the rules say, you just won't be a part of the vote at the end.

Have a good one.

Dont care about the prizes, just considered this a challenge and am using it as motivation.

Hotmoltenlava
06-06-2007, 10:02 AM
Dont care about the prizes, just considered this a challenge and am using it as motivation.

Good attitude. Repped.

Welcome aboard!

Have a good one.

cawiau
06-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Hey guys....I am still here.
Anyone hoping that I had dropped out...........sorry to disapoint you :D

By the way, I am back down to 299.6 , water weight is going away.
Move over people, I am going for the first prize :D

Ronto
06-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Hey guys....I am still here.
Anyone hoping that I had dropped out...........sorry to disapoint you :D

By the way, I am back down to 299.6 , water weight is going away.
Move over people, I am going for the first prize :D

I'm down 2 inches so far, better chop chop :P (Second week weigh in in my journal, and in here)

cawiau
06-06-2007, 11:44 AM
I'm down 2 inches so far, better chop chop :P (Second week weigh in in my journal, and in here)

Damn!!!!

You know what, I am done with cheating for a while now.
Set me back 5 days.

No worry...You have a slight brake but you will not win this race

Ronto
06-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Damn!!!!

You know what, I am done with cheating for a while now.
Set me back 5 days.

No worry...You have a slight brake but you will not win this race

Your supose to keep running with the cups of water they give you, and not take breaks at each station. That, is why my friend, I will win the race, i keep running.

haha kidding kidding. :)

Hotmoltenlava
06-06-2007, 11:51 AM
By the way, I am back down to 299.6

Congrats man. The 300lb barrier is huge psychologically.....unless you are in the NFL....:D. I was slightly above 300lbs for a while. I felt like ****. I'll never go back.

My progress is slow but steady. My weight isn't dropping much (currently about 254), but I am definitely recompositioning with lost inches. I can't wait to see where we all are in six months.

Have a good one.

cawiau
06-06-2007, 11:53 AM
Your supose to keep running with the cups of water they give you, and not take breaks at each station. That, is why my friend, I will win the race, i keep running.

haha kidding kidding. :)

You better run because I am right behind you!!!
There is no stopping me now.

cawiau
06-06-2007, 11:55 AM
Congrats man. The 300lb barrier is huge psychologically.....unless you are in the NFL....:D. I was slightly above 300lbs for a while. I felt like ****. I'll never go back.

My progress is slow but steady. My weight isn't dropping much (currently about 254), but I am definitely recompositioning with lost inches. I can't wait to see where we all are in six months.

Have a good one.

I can't wait too, but after today I decided that I will update my weight, measurement and pictures only once a month.
I will continue to be a active member of the thread but I love the "surpise effect".
If I keep on updating everyone regularly, where would the surprise be, and Ronto will know how I am doing and same as the other people I am competing against.
I rather sneak up on them slowly :D

By the way, yep, i never want to go back. Now I am only moving forward.

Ronto
06-06-2007, 11:57 AM
You better run because I am right behind you!!!
There is no stopping me now.

It's ok, i know you'll stay behind me so i'm not worried. :P It's when you start catching up I might have to put on my running shoes.

haha

Hotmoltenlava
06-06-2007, 11:59 AM
By the way, yep, i never want to go back. Now I am only moving forward.

Yep. Tell yourself now that this is the last time you are going to be 299....298...297..etc. Get pissed at that number and don't ever see it on the scale again. That's another reason to only weigh yourself once or twice a week. That way you WILL see results everytime you step on the scale. If you do it every day, you won't see results...and you'll get discouraged.

Have a good one.

Ronto
06-06-2007, 12:07 PM
Yep. Tell yourself now that this is the last time you are going to be 299....298...297..etc. Get pissed at that number and don't ever see it on the scale again. That's another reason to only weigh yourself once or twice a week. That way you WILL see results everytime you step on the scale. If you do it every day, you won't see results...and you'll get discouraged.

Have a good one.

I agree, my biggest problem when i started my diet was everyday I would want to weigh myself, and take my waist measurment. Now I do it strictly only once a week. This way I can for sure see my results.

Now, honestly, I care more about my waist measurment. I know if that's going down i'm doing something right. I'm not too worried about my weight as long as my waist measurement goes down.

I also go by the mirror, I can see the results. My triceps are looking clearer, my chest looks firmor, my shoulders look more rounds, and i can see the outline of my upper abs beginning to form.

Lossing weight is all a mind game, yuo just have to stay ahead of your body.

cawiau
06-06-2007, 12:12 PM
Lossing weight is all a mind game, yuo just have to stay ahead of your body.

and the competition :D

Ronto
06-06-2007, 12:13 PM
and the competition :D

Or, in your case, one step behind ;) haha kidding kidding

cawiau
06-06-2007, 12:14 PM

Have a good one.

I will do that. I think I will choose sunday as my weekly weight in.
See if I can hold on to only once a week.
Kinda hard. :)

cawiau
06-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Or, in your case, one step behind ;) haha kidding kidding

You just crack me up :D

Ronto
06-06-2007, 12:35 PM
You just crack me up :D

I try, need some support? I don't want you to crack under the pressure.

haha :D

cawiau
06-06-2007, 12:43 PM
I try, need some support? I don't want you to crack under the pressure.

haha :D

LOL:D

Okay now...what pressure?
You???

lil_how_how
06-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Yeah skuzz I don't like to mix it up. When I find something I like I stick with it. I'm one of those rare people that don't feel the need to have a wide variety of tastes. Plus...96/4 on whole wheat is like heaven on a bun.

Thats alot of "burger", I'm guessing you are not a fan of chicken, fish, or eggs? A Tuna sandwich with fatfree mayo wouldn't hurt, or some brown rice mixed with the burger, and where are your veggies and fruits?

Fruits and Veggies don't usually agree with me. Only veggie I really like to eat is broccolli. As for fruits, I just don't really dig them at all. I take a multi-vitamin every morning with my Pre-workout shake, I read that the Peanut butter's healthy fats will slow the release and keep it with you longer. So I have my vitamin bases covered without the fruits and veggies.

I ate tuna a LOT when I was first getting into boybuilding at the ages of 19-21. I got to the point where I couldn't stand to look at a can of tuna anymore. I did however lose 100 pounds in about a year, hoping to repeat that past success since I fell off after my injury and recovery. But I just can't do it with Tuna.

Chicken, eh. I'll save the chicken diet for next February when I start my nxt cut. In my goals section on my BodySpace profile I have outlined my roadmap to success. At the conclusion of this contest I'm going on a mostly clean bulk through the Holidays until the first Monday in February then I'm going on a massive cut and switching to chicken for that in hopes to get down to 7% bodyfat by June.

Aside from the lack of variety do you guys have any input on the nutrient/caloric contents?

p0opstlnksal0t
06-06-2007, 01:12 PM
I had a bad night last night. I think I have been going too low on my calories. I had this insane desire to eat and eat. The only good news is that I ate too much almonds, peanut butter and cottage cheese. I guess I built muscle instead of losing fat yesterday......:D

That is the good thing about lifting........If you eat too much one day, you'll gain muscle. If you eat too little, you'll burn fat. My goal is to cut though, so I screwed up......:D. Didn't show up on the scale, though, so maybe I just needed a few more calories.

The body is a weird thing, no? I guess if it wasn't, we'd all be skinny and ripped.

Have a good one.

man, talk about cheat... today i ate a chipotle burrito, prolly like 3lbs of food... lol, ima post up the macro breakdown, of the burrito in a minute...

cawiau
06-06-2007, 01:24 PM
man, talk about cheat... today i ate a chipotle burrito, prolly like 3lbs of food... lol, ima post up the macro breakdown, of the burrito in a minute...

can't wait to read it ;)

p0opstlnksal0t
06-06-2007, 01:36 PM
well, heres everything i ate today! lol.... meals include 1 protein/meal replacement shake this morning @ 7am, then the burrito from HELL!!!! i cant eat anything for the rest of the day. after i workout i will have 1 serving of O.N. whey protein, its like another 120 cals, and 30g's protien.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82/p0opstinksal0t/fitday060607.jpg

heathershubby
06-06-2007, 01:37 PM
436.5 LBS YEAH

OK so I had got down to 437 lbs at christmas but the went back up to 458. Today before my workout I weighed In a a new low of 436.5 lbs. I am so happy. I know I don't have the muscle I had at 437 lbs the first time but I am working on getting that back too. For now though I am very very happy to have lost 52.5 lbs since Aug 1st and this diet is kicking. I really though it would work wonders because it is quite the calorie cut every second day but I am eating every three hours both days and I believe cranking my cals back up every second day and eating every three hours is keeping my metabolism moving at a great pace. All the walking isn't hurting either :)

So for this conest and what you guys need to care about June 1st 443 lbs < admitedly a day after a cheat day so some water to a new low of 436.5 lbs here I go boys see if you can keep up. Oh yeah did I mention My Bench, Barbell Curls are goign up in weight and next week I think it my squats and Bent over row may join them :)

Good Luck ALL I can't wait to do the math on the muscle added and fat lost after 6 months with this group.

lil_how_how
06-06-2007, 01:42 PM
well, heres everything i ate today! lol.... meals include 1 protein/meal replacement shake this morning @ 7am, then the burrito from HELL!!!! i cant eat anything for the rest of the day. after i workout i will have 1 serving of O.N. whey protein, its like another 120 cals, and 30g's protien.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82/p0opstinksal0t/fitday060607.jpg

That made my stomach hurt. : p

lil_how_how
06-06-2007, 01:43 PM
...I am very very happy...

That's what success is all about. Keep up the good work my man!

cawiau
06-06-2007, 01:44 PM
CONGRATULATIONS ON REACHING 436.5 LBS.
YOU ARE KICKING SOME ASSES, MINE INCLUDED! :D

heathershubby
06-06-2007, 01:48 PM
That made my stomach hurt. : p

for admitting to the buritto and damn now thats a fricken buritto

lil_how_how
06-06-2007, 01:50 PM
I think you repped me instead, poopstinksalot is the one that ate that bad boy, reading the breakdown of that burrito is what made my stomach hurt. :p

cawiau
06-06-2007, 01:51 PM
for admitting to the buritto and damn now thats a fricken buritto

That was one hell of a burrito.
Keep it up bro! ;)

crosstxweed
06-06-2007, 02:08 PM
I finally took measurements and have a body fat %. Used the Navy method, so not sure if it's entirely accurate, also, couldn't find a tape measure, so I used a spare skate lace and then put that against a measuring tape (the extending not really bendable kind).

So, these probably aren't perfect, but they're better than nothing:

Height: 5'2" (62")
Waist/Abdomen: 29"
Hips: 36.5"
Neck: 15"

Body fat: 24.4%

So somewhere between 13 and 16% come November is a good goal. Too low, and I'll be skeletal, and it'll affect my hockey, too high, and well, I won't have made any progress now will I? :p

Ha, I am in the navy man. I would find another method of measurement. The way we do it is just a rope and choke and its worthless and notorious for being off by even 10%. You can be regular size but if you have a small neck then you are considered overweight.

lil_how_how
06-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Those of us that are using the Navy method know that it's not entirely accurate but we're just using it to gauge our progression.

p0opstlnksal0t
06-06-2007, 02:22 PM
i have a feeling ima be crapping that bad boy out for days... lol

cawiau
06-06-2007, 02:26 PM
i have a feeling ima be crapping that bad boy out for days... lol

Feel bad for your toilet:D

orellanaoa
06-06-2007, 02:44 PM
AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want this thread cleaned up so freaking clean the Virigin Mary herself would love to lick it, I want it shining like a diamond in a goats ass!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its June 6 gents lets cut the cheat foods out and leave them for Saturdays............ J/kidding don't mean to scare you but the Drill Sgt has to come in with a scream, I understand how hard it is to stop cheating but is it really worth losing to p0opstlnksal0t and his burrito from hell, as a matter of fact your name is "private burrito" from now on :D

p0opstlnksal0t
06-06-2007, 02:45 PM
i think ima have to do my full 30mins of cardio today to do some damage to that 1400 calorie burrito

lil_how_how
06-06-2007, 02:47 PM
roffles @ Private Burrito!

p0opstlnksal0t
06-06-2007, 02:48 PM
AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want this thread cleaned up so freaking clean the Virigin Mary herself would love to lick it, I want it shining like a diamond in a goats ass!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its June 6 gents lets cut the cheat foods out and leave them for Saturdays............ J/kidding don't mean to scare you but the Drill Sgt has to come in with a scream, I understand how hard it is to stop cheating but is it really worth losing to p0opstlnksal0t and his burrito from hell, as a matter of fact your name is "private burrito" from now on :D

me and my burrito are gonna romp this thread. i think im gonna be able to do 1% bf per week!

p0opstlnksal0t
06-06-2007, 02:51 PM
http://www.whatwereeating.com/food_pics/2006-09-25_mandy-burrito.jpg

lil_how_how
06-06-2007, 02:54 PM
O.o

whoa..

cawiau
06-06-2007, 03:04 PM

THE DRILL SERGEANT IS HERE :D

cawiau
06-06-2007, 03:07 PM

ONLY ONE WORD

D A M N ! ! !

orellanaoa
06-06-2007, 03:42 PM

That actully looks pretty good if it wasn't for that Alien eating it.

orellanaoa
06-06-2007, 03:47 PM
THE DRILL SERGEANT IS HERE :D

Damn right son! spit shined and freaking carbed up I have my Fitness test tomorrow at work so I carb depleted for a couple of days and to day I did a load so I have more energy then a virgin on prom night...

cawiau
06-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Damn right son! spit shined and freaking carbed up I have my Fitness test tomorrow at work so I carb depleted for a couple of days and to day I did a load so I have more energy then a virgin on prom night...

Damn!!!
Ok, I can see you are all charged up.
Wished I had that much energy. I have a leg workout later on and all I want to do is go to bed. Also missed cardio this morning.

GDe42
06-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Wow alot of sh*t talking so far, or is there just alot of talking about sh*t?

orellanaoa
06-06-2007, 05:30 PM
Well since I get to see everyones diet and critique (<---spellcheck) it. I figured I'd be fair and show you mine and go ahead tell me whats wrong because I know I'm not perfect.

PreCardio 1: 20g whey 1/2 c instant coffee

Meal 2: 3 whites w/ 2 whole eggs, 1/2c oats, 1 tbsp Natty PB, fish oil

PreWO 3: 20g whey w/5g mono, 1 can tuna, 1 fruit

PostWO 4: 40g whey w/5g mono, 2 slices white bread w/ 1tsp fat free Jam

Meal 5: 8 oz Lean Beef with 1c fresh broc**** (uncooked) Multi Vit.

Meal 6: Chicken Breast (marinated in Garlic, oregano, & lemon juice) 2c green salad Lemon juice for dressing with 2 tbsp Olive oil.

Meal 7: 1c Cottage cheese with blueberries

Meal 8: 30g Casien Protein, fish oils and joint supps.

Every 2 weeks I change my diet depending on my progress and energy. I don't count cals unless I feel I am stuck (according to pics) thats the only time.

orellanaoa
06-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Wow alot of sh*t talking so far, or is there just alot of talking about sh*t?

Was that a joke because I took it seriously and I don't think we are talking ****, just motivating each other!

orellanaoa
06-06-2007, 05:40 PM
roffles @ Private Burrito!

http://images.43things.com/entry/146596pw150.jpg

Private Burrito is proud to be an American...

lil_how_how
06-06-2007, 05:41 PM
I haven't seen any serious trash talking, just a lot of motivating, rib jabbing, and joking going on.

GDe42
06-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Sarcasm is hard to pull off on a thread, in my case failed....
Anyway, I'm getting about 1500-1800 cals. a day. Does this seem to little?

orellanaoa
06-06-2007, 05:45 PM
I haven't seen any serious trash talking, just a lot of motivating, rib jabbing, and joking going on.

"Rib Jabbing".... man what I would do to go to Lone Star to the all you can Eat baby back ribs on Wednesday

lil_how_how
06-06-2007, 06:15 PM
I worked at a Lonestar steak house years and years ago.

Penguin-Slide
06-06-2007, 07:56 PM
I think you posted in the other thread, but we have very similar frames and goals. Stay commited, it will be nice to see how we compare towards the end.

Ya, I did, our differences are like 8 pounds, and 2% bf. So I will definitely stay committed, and it will be really cool to see how we compare at the end.

josh0899
06-06-2007, 08:51 PM
ive put on 1 lb lol.

well time to get serious again. if i can loose 50 lbs once, i can do it again. :)

heathershubby
06-06-2007, 09:13 PM
I think you repped me instead, poopstinksalot is the one that ate that bad boy, reading the breakdown of that burrito is what made my stomach hurt. :p

I can't rep either of you now so I must have repped ya both :)

Freddie Beef
06-06-2007, 09:13 PM
ive put on 1 lb lol.

well time to get serious again. if i can loose 50 lbs once, i can do it again. :)

Dont worry, just dont make it a habit. BELIEVE ME! I am down to 396. Down 4 pounds.

roadwarrior9355
06-06-2007, 09:44 PM
Dont worry, just dont make it a habit. BELIEVE ME! I am down to 396. Down 4 pounds.

Way to go! Congratulations! That is amazing to me.

I was playing around with the fitday site. I thought I was doing a better job with my nutrition than I am. There is nothing like having the truth stare back at you in full color pie charts. I can see I am going to have to step up my game if I am going to hang with this crowd. :)

dochall22
06-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Well, I'm in the process of a new job, and they require a full physical and drug test blah blah blah. Anyway, I get a call today, "Your TSH levels 5x what they are supposed to be"
What the f? My throid us jacked up and they said that it could be a contributing factor to why I put on so much weight so fast!!!!!! I'm starting new meds tomorrow and they said dont be surprised if i start LOSING WEIGHT FAST!!!!!!!! Does this count as cheating???????? You suckers are in for it now!!! Ha Ha!

But seriously, how many guys have thyroid problems? Only this one that I know of!!! I'm so fat my body is shutting down I guess!
Anyway, I've been eating healthy last two days and going to do my first official contest update weight on Monday morning, so get ready guys, I'm looking at a good 5lbs this 1st week. Lookin for a 222 on monday!!

Ronto
06-06-2007, 10:38 PM
Well, I'm in the process of a new job, and they require a full physical and drug test blah blah blah. Anyway, I get a call today, "Your TSH levels 5x what they are supposed to be"
What the f? My throid us jacked up and they said that it could be a contributing factor to why I put on so much weight so fast!!!!!! I'm starting new meds tomorrow and they said dont be surprised if i start LOSING WEIGHT FAST!!!!!!!! Does this count as cheating???????? You suckers are in for it now!!! Ha Ha!

But seriously, how many guys have thyroid problems? Only this one that I know of!!! I'm so fat my body is shutting down I guess!
Anyway, I've been eating healthy last two days and going to do my first official contest update weight on Monday morning, so get ready guys, I'm looking at a good 5lbs this 1st week. Lookin for a 222 on monday!!

Just going to have to make us to work harder to beat you, hope everything is ok though.

lil_how_how
06-06-2007, 10:53 PM
dochall22 is doping!

Sorry to hear about that, hope the meds help you. It's a good thing they caught that.

acsmith
06-07-2007, 12:01 AM
Damnit! I just discovered this thread and it looks like I'm too late to toss my hat into the ring.

Hell, I'm entering as an honorary contestant. I weighed 295.5 lbs on March 19th, and I am currently down to 255.

40 lbs in less than 3 months, and I'm looking to do it again so I can be down to at least 215 when I go back to school.

I drink at least a day of water. Only been taking in about 900-1600 calories a day, I estimate. I think I'm at 30% BF. At least that's what the new fangled scale at the gym told me. I'm hoping to get to at least 15% by the end of summer, but I don't know if that's possible. I've been roughly losing a pound a day for the last week and a half. Looking to pick up some Scorch and Vaporize after this weekend when I get paid to help out.

I wish I had taken pictures 40 pounds ago so I could gauge the difference between me then and now. I can feel it, of course, I mean that's a big loss and everything from walking around to getting out of cars to sex is sooo much easier.

Here's the picture that started it all. That's me, from a play I acted in, at 295 pounds.
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/img/11033611/progresspic/38696orig.jpg

And here's a few pics from my BodySpace, these were taken last Sunday, June 3rd, at 258.

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/img/11033611/progresspic/38697.jpghttp://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com//img/11033611/progresspic/38698orig.jpghttp://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com//img/11033611/progresspic/38699orig.jpg

EDIT: Almost forgot, I lift 3 times a week, with HIIT Cardio thrown in on 3 off days. I'm looking to get into a Rippetoe's program as soon as possible, aka as soon as I learn to squat, row, and deadlift correctly.

skuZZitude
06-07-2007, 12:44 AM
I have spent the last 2 days formulating a workout plan and diet plan to a tee. It's the first time I've ever done it and the satisfaction of completing it is nice, now I just need to put it into action. It took me about 5 hours to do and I am pretty damn quick, it's just I needed to go through so many ingredients (like all the ingredients I use in my low carb bread) and see exactly how much of everything is in what I'm eating. All said and done I've created a 2100 calorie a day diet with a ratio of 58/35/7 (fat, protein, carbs) over 6 meals that I find well balanced. Basically 3 protein shakes and 3 meals

Breakfast = 3 Egg Omlet

3 Large Eggs, 1/4 cup green peppers, 1/4 cup red peppers, 1/4 cup onions, 1 sliced pepperoni stick, 1/4 cup sour cream, 1/2 tbsp olive oil.

590 calories, 48.5g fat, 27.0g protein, 12.0g carb

Lunch = Grilled Cheese Sandwich (YES!!!!!)

2 Slices of Low Carb Cinnamon Bread, 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese partly skimmed, 1 tbsp soft margerine

675 calories, 50.5g fat, 46.0g protein, 10.0g carb

Dinner = Roast Beef and Veggies w/ Ranch Dip

150g Deli-Style Lean Roast Beef, 1 cup Broc****, 6 sticks of celery (7" each), 1/4 cup ranch dressing

508 calories, 37.0g fat, 37.0g protein, 10.5g carb

I also have 3 protein shakes as mentioned throughout the day..... one in the morning post cardio, one in the afternoon post-workout and one at night time before bed. The protein shakes I am using are ON Whey Gold 100%. The 150g of roast beef can also be substituted for any other lean high protein deli meat (roasted chicken or turkey breast) as I am sure I will get tired of Roast Beef. I like the roast beef because it's a bit fatty and I am very tired of eating poultry.

Thoughts? Tomorrow will be my first day of trying this above food schedule out to a tee.

josh0899
06-07-2007, 02:46 AM
heres my diet. 50/30/20 protein/fat/carbs

Calories Eaten Today
grams cals %total

Total: 2078
Fat: 73 661 33%
Sat: 19 174 9%
Poly: 20 176 9%
Mono: 27 245 12%
Carbs: 129 397 20%
Fiber: 30 0 0%
Protein: 231 924 47%
Alcohol: 0%

Nutrific meal1 breakfeast 8am
Oatmeal Flakes
Milk, calcium fortified, cow's, fluid, skim or nonfat
Spices, nutmeg, ground

meal2 adding this meal
1 apple

meal3 lunch 2pm
Tuna, canned, oil pack
Bread, multigrain
Butter-vegetable oil blend
Lettuce, raw
Cucumber, raw
Tomatoes, raw

(meal4 to be added) 5pm
protein shake post workout

dinner 8pm (currently 2 chicken breasts removing 1)
meal5
Beans, snap, green, frozen, cooked, boiled, drained, with salt
Cauliflower, cooked, boiled, drained, without salt
Broc****, cooked, boiled, drained, with salt
Chicken, broilers or fryers, breast, meat only, cooked, fried

meal 6 before bed

200 grams cottage cheese with onion and chives
[200 calories, 23gr protein, 4.6 fat, 3 saturated, 14.6g carbs, 12.4 sugar, 600mg salt]

should i stick with this or change it to a 50% protein 25% carbs 25% fat
or 40% protein 40% carbs 20%fat??

thundergut
06-07-2007, 05:40 AM

Who is that? I think I need to put her on a street corner, make me some money!

Edit: If that isn't a female, then someone needs to cut their hair, trim their nails, and still get their @$$ back on that street corner. I need me a new pair of gator skin shoes!

thundergut
06-07-2007, 06:06 AM
I went yesterday and got a fitness consultation from a PT at the YMCA...here are my #'s

Weight: 280lbs
Height: 6' 0.5"
RHR: 60

Body Composition:
Tricep - 33mm
Abdomen - 42mm
Ilium - 47mm
Thigh - 24mm

Total: 146mm
BF%: 30.7% (impedance machine read 24.3%)

Circumference Measurements:
(these are probably more accurate than my initial self-measurements on BodySpace)
Upper Arm - 17 5/8" [R], 17" [L]
Forearm - 13" [R], 12 5/8" [L]
Neck - 18"
Shoulders - 57 1/2"
Chest - 51 7/8"
Waist/Ab - 49 1/4"
Hip - 47 7/8"
Thigh - 27" [R], 27" [L]
Calf - 18 7/8" [R], 18 3/4" [L]

I think these numbers are fairly accurate. The waist/ab and hip measurements he took with shorts and boxers on, so they may be a little generous, but still...a fairly accurate representation.

You can see my beautiful V-taper. 58" shoulders, 52" chest, 49" waist, 48" hip. I AM A GREEK GOD! :P

Hotmoltenlava
06-07-2007, 07:01 AM
Damnit! I just discovered this thread and it looks like I'm too late to toss my hat into the ring.

You are definitely welcome to hang around. You won't be in the final vote, but there is plenty of motivation here. Hang out, post your stats when you like and encourage others.

Edit: Just quit posting big pics that mess up the screen.......:D

Have a good one.

Hotmoltenlava
06-07-2007, 07:12 AM
But seriously, how many guys have thyroid problems?

My wife had the same problem. Some other symptoms are dry skin, slow bowels, lack of energy, etc. If you have those symptoms, I believe these meds will improve that as well. Definitely not cheating and may help to explain partially why you were overweight in the first place. Doesn't mean you get to slack off though. Synthroid (what they will probably give you) is a drug that a lot of people on bb.com would like to get there hands on.....:D

Oh, it also means that you are eliminated from the voting at the end of the contest........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................JUST KIDDING!!!!!

Have a good one.

josh0899
06-07-2007, 07:18 AM
so... should i stick to that diet? or should i change..

Ronto
06-07-2007, 07:47 AM
I went yesterday and got a fitness consultation from a PT at the YMCA...here are my #'s

Weight: 280lbs
Height: 6' 0.5"
RHR: 60

Body Composition:
Tricep - 33mm
Abdomen - 42mm
Ilium - 47mm
Thigh - 24mm

Total: 146mm
BF%: 30.7% (impedance machine read 24.3%)

Circumference Measurements:
(these are probably more accurate than my initial self-measurements on BodySpace)
Upper Arm - 17 5/8" [R], 17" [L]
Forearm - 13" [R], 12 5/8" [L]
Neck - 18"
Shoulders - 57 1/2"
Chest - 51 7/8"
Waist/Ab - 49 1/4"
Hip - 47 7/8"
Thigh - 27" [R], 27" [L]
Calf - 18 7/8" [R], 18 3/4" [L]

I think these numbers are fairly accurate. The waist/ab and hip measurements he took with shorts and boxers on, so they may be a little generous, but still...a fairly accurate representation.

You can see my beautiful V-taper. 58" shoulders, 52" chest, 49" waist, 48" hip. I AM A GREEK GOD! :P

How close did you find the BF measurment with calipers to the navy one?