PDA

View Full Version : Box Jumps!!!!!

finfan
06-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Wow, I just did my first box jumps and I started out at 30 In. then went to 35 In. and then 40 In.! So I then tried 42 and made then went to 45 and missed it then tried again and got it so I tried 47 and made it my first time then went up to a 50 In and made it then I tried a 53 in. box and made it my 3rd time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought I would only get like 40 In if I was lucky. zi have a video and pic but its on my cell and when I try to send it to my email it says it is unable to send is there a way I can hook up my phone to the comp. and transfer it to prove it?

SDOptimist
06-02-2007, 03:22 PM
what you should do that is really killer, and this is put into almost every college and nfl football player and that is hold dumbells while jumping on to those boxes. ofcourse start out light weight and low box. its is killer.

finfan
06-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Should I swing the dumbbells like a normal jump or just keep my arms at my side?

farzamk
06-02-2007, 03:55 PM
I wouldn't go for a big swing... If it is like 10 pounds then you can have a average swing.

finfan
06-02-2007, 11:57 PM
Is 53 In. a good jump? I think it is but can every one else do it to.

SDOptimist
06-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Should I swing the dumbbells like a normal jump or just keep my arms at my side?

no absolutely NOT, that will screw you up, tear your shoulders. just keep them to your side, dont swing, just jump up with them stuck to your side.

finfan
06-03-2007, 12:34 AM
no absolutely NOT, that will screw you up, tear your shoulders. just keep them to your side, dont swing, just jump up with them stuck to your side.

Yah my right shoulder already sucks!

chasebattle
06-03-2007, 12:35 AM
are these running box jumps or from a dead standstill.

finfan
06-03-2007, 12:54 AM
One step

.Smithers
06-03-2007, 08:32 AM
what you should do that is really killer, and this is put into almost every college and nfl football player and that is hold dumbells while jumping on to those boxes. ofcourse start out light weight and low box. its is killer.

This is very true. Adrian Peterson from the Bears (no not the rookie from Oklahoma but the 2'nd string running back) came to our school as a guest speaker and showed us part of his workout. He could box jump a 32 inch box holding 100 pounds DB's! Talk about explosion + grip strength!

SDOptimist
06-03-2007, 03:01 PM
This is very true. Adrian Peterson from the Bears (no not the rookie from Oklahoma but the 2'nd string running back) came to our school as a guest speaker and showed us part of his workout. He could box jump a 32 inch box holding 100 pounds DB's! Talk about explosion + grip strength!

ya alot of if not every d-1 and nfl rb along with mostly every position does that workout. it will give you some serious results.

.Smithers
06-03-2007, 03:34 PM
ya alot of if not every d-1 and nfl rb along with mostly every position does that workout. it will give you some serious results.

Yea it's a great exercise. I've been incorporating it into my plyos for the last couple of weeks and I've noticed the results.