PDA

View Full Version : New Summer Workouts?

Natetan
06-02-2007, 07:33 AM
Next week we are maxing to get our best lifts and compare them with our best lifts a few months ago in football training. Our lifting coach told us that off of these lifts he will take percentages and make us a new workout.

He said one day we will lift heavy, like we have been all winter/spring. And the next day will be a light lift, speed training with bars with alot of reps. Now what are the uses for this light lift? What Can I expect from this?

Veeshmack
06-02-2007, 07:37 AM
light lifting with high reps is good in my opinion for building muscular endurance
so its like, you might have the strength to make your block once, but can u do it every play all game?
thats how i see it, also its a good way for your routine to stay changed and prevent plateau

DaJager_Meister
06-02-2007, 07:43 AM
Next week we are maxing to get our best lifts and compare them with our best lifts a few months ago in football training. Our lifting coach told us that off of these lifts he will take percentages and make us a new workout.

He said one day we will lift heavy, like we have been all winter/spring. And the next day will be a light lift, speed training with bars with alot of reps. Now what are the uses for this light lift? What Can I expect from this?

endurance, and if you do the light weight explosively it'll trigger fast twitch muscles vs. slow twitch from lifting heavy

Natetan
06-02-2007, 07:58 AM
I mean thats what I assumed, but is it effective?

Veeshmack
06-02-2007, 08:05 AM
yes it is
i have had so many more and better gains when i started doing 8 reps and 12 reps as opposed to just 5
it will make a difference