PDA

View Full Version : serious question for some of you serious athletes

jamesh23
06-01-2007, 09:44 PM
hey I got to thinking cuz i watched the man whose arms exploded and he got me thinking, he has a good point

Professional sports, pay very good but only very few make it

so think about it you are really good and got scouts lookin at you and wanting to sign you except they say they want you to get bigger, stronger, and faster within a short amount of time

They are basically asking you to take steroids and say your around 18-19 range would you take steroids to do what you loved and make tons of money? or would you turn it down and make average pay and struggle to make a living?

WRbigbody
06-01-2007, 09:50 PM
easy question... yes, you realize the older you get steroids isnt as looked down upon as you mature... especially among athletes, before I was informed about it I was totally against it... now I would do it if I needed to but for the moment I see no need to... either way you can take all the steroids you want you still need to work hard to get where they/you want yourself to be... its not some magic trick as you just poke yourself and wake up huge...

WRbigbody
06-01-2007, 09:51 PM
btw I'm 18 and too young to worry about roids, your 14 you should start worrying about just eating in general for right now...

SDOptimist
06-01-2007, 09:54 PM
hey I got to thinking cuz i watched the man whose arms exploded and he got me thinking, he has a good point

so think about it you are really good and got scouts lookin at you and wanting to sign you except they say they want you to get bigger, stronger, and faster within a short amount of time

They are basically asking you to take steroids and say your around 18-19 range would you take steroids to do what you loved and make tons of money? or would you turn it down and make average pay and struggle to make a living?

lol not true at all. really for you HS athletes, it pointless to take roids as a HS, not just becuase their dangerous, but its just redundant. roids boost your testosterone, teens already have high levels of tests.

and no, when scouts say they want to do get bigger, they mean they want you to eat and lift, how you do it is up to YOU. you dont need to take roids to get bigger in a short amount of time. you just to hardwork and dedication.

maybe the low end and self centered scouts and coaches who come from low conf and desperate teams just might try to influence you to take roids, just maybe. but the big scouts for the big schools dont need to plus they wouldnt even anyway, cuase they get guys that are clean and are bigger, stronger and faster than any roid head.

jamesh23
06-01-2007, 10:01 PM
o yea i know but i was just asking cuz it came up on that series. Nd yes i would do it too if i had that chance.

jamesh23
06-01-2007, 10:08 PM
yes i know they could get other people but were talking about you as a teen not the team would you do it to be the best i mean think about it if you started lifting at 13 and had already 5 or 6 years lifting experience its gonna be hard for you to gain muscle maybe 10lbs a year if your lucky or so i heard so would you? is the question i know you'd still have to work hard but im not worrying about the team or if they can get other people

SDOptimist
06-01-2007, 10:11 PM
NOPE, wouldnt take roids. BUt what i would do is bust my ass, eat, sleep and lift weights and hopefully i get better and if i dont then i know i gave it my best and i didnt cheat or take an easy way out.

and if your using this as a test to see if you should take roids, lol you shouldnt, your only 14, they wont do any good for you, ya roids make you huge, but they wont work for kids your age they will only harm you.

jamesh23
06-01-2007, 10:15 PM
I agree i too would bust my ass, eat right, try to gain as much speed, and strength as possible but what if it wasnt enough? what if you hit your natural potential and had bad genetics and just couldnt get any bigger?

SDOptimist
06-01-2007, 10:20 PM
I agree i too would bust my ass, eat right, try to gain as much speed, and strength as possible but what if it wasnt enough? what if you hit your natural potential and had bad genetics and just couldnt get any bigger?

you got schollies based on how you play the game. some of the greatest college players we small, slow, weak, told they didnt have the stats. you dont need roids, they wont make you better, they will make you LOOK bigger but you will get slower both physically and mentally.

if you bust your ass, eat right, lift right, run right and did everything clean you possible could and it still wasnt enough then oh well, thats life, you did everything you can, now let your playing do the talking not your stats. just becuase you run a 4.3, bench 400lbs and have a 40 inc vert doesnt mean your going to be a great player, they really mean nothing. great players are ones who play great, not ones with great times or measurements.

jamesh23
06-01-2007, 10:25 PM
true, you guys are all right. I have a question though is there anyway to strengthen your tendons? do they get stronger from just lifting?

SDOptimist
06-01-2007, 10:28 PM
true, you guys are all right. I have a question though is there anyway to strengthen your tendons? do they get stronger from just lifting?

there really is no way to strengthen your actual tendons or ligaments. your muscles protect them. the stronger your muscles, the stronger your tendons. also the healthier your bones, the better.

jamesh23
06-01-2007, 10:29 PM
ahh i see thank you.

SDOptimist
06-01-2007, 10:31 PM
ahh i see thank you.

just workout regularly, run regularly and eat right and your health and injury prevention should be top notch, no worries.

and these roids can break down your bones, tendons and ligaments, as well as your organs.

smitsky
06-01-2007, 10:31 PM
I can give you a story from my own experience. See what you think:

I have a friend who made it to the NFL, and played a few games for the Patriots.

He is now extremely bitter. Why? Here's what happened...

His high school coach told him that he had the size, talent, etc. to make it and all he needed to get there was "hard work."

He did everything right and got there. You know what he said he found? That so many of the players he was playing with or against were juicin', that, because he refused to juice, he could not keep up and fell out.

I never made it to a high level in any sport, but like my friend, I decided to remain PH / PS / AAS free for life.

SDOptimist
06-01-2007, 10:37 PM

I have a friend who made it to the NFL, and played a few games for the Patriots.

His high school coach told him that he had the size, talent, etc. to make it and all he needed to get there was "hard work."

He did everything right and got there. You know what he said he found? That so many of the players he was playing with or against were juicin', that, because he refused to juice, he could not keep up and fell out.

I never made it to a high level in any sport, but like my friend, I decided to remain PH / PS / AAS free for life.

LOL, well first off that what a long time ago, they do drug tests now, majority of the players dont juice. lol so was the point of this post to tell the kid he should juice? lol.

smitsky
06-01-2007, 10:39 PM
LOL, well first off that what a long time ago, they do drug tests now, majority of the players dont juice. lol so was the point of this post to tell the kid he should juice? lol.

Hi. You really think players don't juice anymore? What about Baseball? No juicin' there lately huh?

Look at the last sentence of my post, and tell me if you think I am pro-juicin' ;)

SDOptimist
06-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Hi. You really think players don't juice anymore? What about Baseball? No juicin' there lately huh?

Look at the last sentence of my post, and tell me if you think I am pro-juicin' ;)

ya i know you dont like juicing and are against it, but the way the other part of your post sounded, you made it sound like if you dont juice you wont make it.

like i said. MAJORITY of the players dont take roids anymore, they dont need to. they test all the time, ofcourse there are some who do take roids but get away with it and there are many advancements in supps lately and there are leagal supps that work almost as good if not as good as roids and have ZERO sides and plus they make you healthier. just because a guy is a beast or a guy bashes HR's left and right doesnt mean he is on roids lol.

smitsky
06-01-2007, 10:43 PM

I have some news for you (in case you didn't know)...

There are steroids for sale right under your nose. Designer PH / PS / AAS are quite popular at the moment. They are hard to detect in drug tests...

smitsky
06-01-2007, 10:45 PM
like i said. MAJORITY of the players dont take roids anymore, they dont need to.

This is extremely debatable. I don't think I would make a blanket statement like that, but then, that's me ;)

smitsky
06-01-2007, 10:49 PM
I do not mean to contradict what you are saying here. Don't get me wrong.

Let me just say this:

I have seen evidence in my own life of teenagers who use AAS, and are completely changed and enhanced by them, bigtime. I do not condone this. I'm telling you what I see.

SDOptimist
06-01-2007, 10:50 PM
This is extremely debatable. I don't think I would make a blanket statement like that, but then, that's me ;)

I work for a couple pro sports teams, i know many athletes who are in all the levels. lol things have changed. yes there are still those who take roids. lol but you dont need to take roids to make it to d-1 ball and pro ball and i dont know why u would make statement like that to a 14 year old kid lol.

smitsky
06-01-2007, 10:52 PM
I work for a couple pro sports teams, i know many athletes who are in all the levels. lol things have changed. yes there are still those who take roids. lol but you dont need to take roids to make it to d-1 ball and pro ball and i dont know why u would make statement like that to a 14 year old kid lol.

I have worked with professional athletes for over 20 years.

I am telling it like I see it.

I have said a few times that I do not recommend it, or think it is right. You may be misinterpreting what I'm saying ;)

smitsky
06-01-2007, 11:01 PM
My opinion is as follows:

Genetics play a huge role in these fields. A collegue of mine recently stated, "These guys (he was referring to Ken Patera, the former Pro Wrestler, who was also an Olympic Lifter and Strongman) are naturally strong to begin with. Whatever crap they are taking, only augments their natural strength."

You said something to this effect earlier on in this thread.

My friend who made the NFL was very strong to begin with. It wasn't enough.

To the Original Poster:

I don't think you should risk fooling around with anything but natural supplements when you are old enough. You are too young at this point, even for these things (natural supplements) ;)

SDOptimist
06-01-2007, 11:02 PM
I have worked with professional athletes for over 20 years.

I am telling it like I see it.

I have said a few times that I do not recommend it, or think it is right. You may be misinterpreting what I'm saying ;)

lol but no matter what, you dont say that **** to a 14 year old kid. he does not need to take roids to make it professional, he doesnt, not one bit. most of the guys who take roids in the pros are guys who have been in for a while but are losing it or getting older, so they take it to keep up with the young ones. YOU DO NOT NEED TO TAKE ROIDS TO BE A GREAT PLAYER AND GO PRO. lol, wow you know what your doing to this 14 year old kid?

smitsky
06-01-2007, 11:05 PM
...lol, wow you know what your doing to this 14 year old kid?

You have your opinion and I have mine.

No, what am I doing to him? I'm telling him not to take them. Do you get it? I don't think you do :(

smitsky
06-01-2007, 11:13 PM
o yea i know but i was just asking cuz it came up on that series. Nd yes i would do it too if i had that chance.

SDOptimist,

Do you see what the Original Poster says here? He is already saying that he would do it. We are both telling him not to. Is that clear?

I really don't appreciate you accusing me of "doing" something to this kid. What are you trying to prove? You trying to make me out to be the bad guy? It isn't working. Why though?

From the story I posted, you started saying I was encouraging him to use illegal (in most cases) substances. That's not funny.

SDOptimist
06-01-2007, 11:14 PM
You have your opinion and I have mine.

No, what am I doing to him? I'm telling him not to take them. Do you get it? I don't think you do :(

lol dude, maybe i am misunderstanding. but look at your original post:

lol does that not tell the kid that in order to make it and last in nfl that you need to be on roids? hmmmm....it sure does sound like it. i know you said you dont take roids and you dont want to and neither does your friend. but by you saying that your friend fell out becuase he wasnt one roids gives this 14 yr old kid a picture that you need to be on roids to make it.

smitsky
06-01-2007, 11:20 PM
lol dude, maybe i am misunderstanding. but look at your original post:

lol does that not tell the kid that in order to make it and last in nfl that you need to be on roids? hmmmm....it sure does sound like it. i know you said you dont take roids and you dont want to and neither does your friend. but by you saying that your friend fell out becuase he wasnt one roids gives this 14 yr old kid a picture that you need to be on roids to make it.

Well, maybe this kid will benefit from hearing a real life story where the hero is the guy who refused to take steroids. One can look at it this way as well. That's the point my friend. That's the moral of the story. Better to be bitter and know you did what's right, then succumb to temptation and (possibly) screw yourself up for life.

Why don't you try looking at it from this perspective?

smitsky
06-01-2007, 11:24 PM
How about my life story? There's another good example. I've bulked up by almost 60 lbs, and made massive strength gains, in a life free of such substances! If I could do it, so can you or he!

SDOptimist
06-01-2007, 11:26 PM
ya your friend is a great person and role model not to take roids, but that doesnt mean every single other non roid person is in the same situation, he may have been in the wrong place at the wrong time, with the team that so happend to have a lot of roid freaks, doesnt mean all the other teams were like that. jerry rice never roids. joe montana, walter payton, emmett smith, michael jordan, lou gehrig, ted williams, etc.. someone forget to tell them that they needed to take roids in order to make it.

smitsky
06-01-2007, 11:30 PM
...jerry rice never roids. joe montana, walter payton, emmett smith.

How do you know this for sure? You don't.

There are a lot of very experienced athletes who post on these boards. I have been here for a while and can tell you what the general concensus is:

There is no way to possibly tell if a particular individual has done an AAS (or similar) cycle in his or her lifetime.

IMHO, if you believe that there is, I suggest you study further. ;)

SDOptimist
06-01-2007, 11:31 PM
LOL what a joke!!

smitsky
06-01-2007, 11:36 PM
LOL what a joke!!

Here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=31534851&postcount=45

You can begin with this post and thread which debated whether the current World's Strongest Man is as "juice-free" as he claims...

smitsky
06-01-2007, 11:39 PM
Ok, I mean absolutely no disrespect...

If you think what I'm saying is a joke... If you actually think that there is a way to tell if an individual has ever run a cycle of gear...

Our conversation will have to end right here. This is rudimentary.

SDOptimist
06-01-2007, 11:46 PM
Here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=31534851&postcount=45

You can begin with this post and thread which debated whether the current World's Strongest Man is as "juice-free" as he claims...

im not trying to disrespect either.

LOL dude, thats the worlds strongest men lol ofcourse those people are on roids lol, im not talking about those types of sports, im talking about football, baseball, basketball, hockey, etc.

smitsky
06-01-2007, 11:48 PM
im not trying to disrespect either.

LOL dude, thats the worlds strongest men lol ofcourse those people are on roids lol, im not talking about those types of sports, im talking about football, baseball, basketball, hockey, etc.

He's saying he's not. There are some who believe him. Can you prove whether he has ever run a cycle of gear? Answer that question, and that question only please. Thanks.

SDOptimist
06-01-2007, 11:54 PM
He's saying he's not. There are some who believe him. Can you prove whether he has ever run a cycle of gear? Answer that question, and that question only please. Thanks.

dont need to prove anything. i could careless about him or his sport or weather they are on roids or not.

smitsky
06-01-2007, 11:56 PM
dont need to prove anything. i could careless about him or his sport or weather they are on roids or not.

That's fine. Thanks for your opinion. Good luck to you.

jamesh23
06-02-2007, 12:57 AM
ok guys i get it I will not take roids but your post did sorta sound like to make it he shoulda used roids, but intead he played the nice guy role and got booted off the team and didnt make money or play his sport.

smitsky
06-02-2007, 01:08 AM
ok guys i get it I will not take roids but your post did sorta sound like to make it he shoulda used roids, but intead he played the nice guy role and got booted off the team and didnt make money or play his sport.

He made a decision based on what he believed in. I believe the same thing about PH / PS / AAS.

I believe that you should make the same decision. Am I going to lecture you? No. You are you and I am me. I respect your choice, though I might not necessarily agree with it.

I told the story because it is a true story. Take what you want from it if you want anything. If not, that's okay as well.

I'm glad to see a major crackdown on these illegal substances. They are quite dangerous in my opinion.

My main position is one of health. My advice to you is not to risk it for any money in the world. ;)

Environ
06-02-2007, 01:08 AM
You should bear in mind that the use of steroids is illegal. Fail one drug test and you won't HAVE a career.

smitsky
06-02-2007, 01:10 AM
You should bear in mind that the use of steroids is illegal. Fail one drug test and you won't HAVE a career.

Yes, and you might just wind up in prison as well!

SDOptimist
06-02-2007, 01:16 AM
ya and again, like ive been saying in this post. you do not need to take roids to be a pro. to become a pro it takes hard work and dedication and alot of sacrificing. and some guys just arent cracked out to be a pro athlete. but dont think that you need to take roids in order to be one, you dont. if you want to get bigger, eat right and lift weights, if you want to get faster or jump higher, run, do drills and workouts, etc. if you wanna go pro, believe in yourself, dont let anyone stand in your way, be dedicated and know that its not going to be easy, and its going to take alot of work.

smitsky
06-02-2007, 01:16 AM
Have you heard about the trouble the US government is having with fake prescription drugs being manufactured in China?

Please be acutely aware that, since these substances (AAS) are coming from and through the Black Market, you have absolutely no way of knowing what is actually in the bottle you purchase. Zero quality control! Now, that's a scary thought!

smitsky
06-02-2007, 01:25 AM
I have friends who work for some of the big drug companys like Merck.

Do you know one of the reasons that prescription drugs are so expensive? Quality control. You have no idea how complex this stuff is. I'm into Math. Anybody ever take Organic Chemistry? This stuff is rocket science.

I'd be the last person on earth who would want to play with consuming a drug which might be something it's not supposed to be. How about you? You want to take that chance? Think about it. :)

SDOptimist
06-02-2007, 01:35 AM
and just because your on roids doesnt mean you WIN, it doesnt mean your going to be better than the ones who arent on roids. i have seen many roid heads get their asses rocked and dominated by clean athletes.

ScanCool
06-02-2007, 01:37 AM
Didnt you hear what he say side effects always happen when you overdose, I know a few people that have taken it and it did wonders for them is just there always going to be an idiot out there who doesnt know what he/she is doing,

smitsky
06-02-2007, 01:42 AM
You guys ever go to the Teen Bodybuilding Forum? I was attacked the other day by answering a post and saying I was against AAS. You had young kids there which some serious knowledge of these things! Really. Check it out.

smitsky
06-02-2007, 01:44 AM
Oh yeah...

Don't be surprised if one or two of these guys come on here and defend their "educated" use.

Don't say I didn't forewarn you :D

anabolicaholic
06-02-2007, 02:17 AM
Oh yeah...

Don't be surprised if one or two of these guys come on here and defend their "educated" use.

Don't say I didn't forewarn you :D

To the OP: the only thing you can do is educate yourself and then decide. You're obviously too young to be worried about AAS at the moment though.

smitsky
06-02-2007, 09:09 AM
To the OP: the only thing you can do is educate yourself and then decide. You're obviously too young to be worried about AAS at the moment though.

I agree with this. I said something to this effect earlier.

I also mentioned another post where I was attacked by pro-AAS guys. The way it resolved itself was the following:

I stated my position by saying that as a trainer I have worked with a few guys who were juicin'. While I never encouraged it's use, I respected their decision to live their life the way they had chosen.

I have found that when you push your opinion on others, it creates resentment.

smitsky
06-02-2007, 09:26 AM
Here's one for the football aspirants:

This post by Dominick comes from a thread I started regarding Brady Quinn's 225 lbs X 24 reps in the bench he did at the NFL combine. According to statistics that Dominick has found, only 9 in 10,000 would-be NFL hopefulls, actually make it:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=33386481&postcount=128

Staggering number, isn't it?

jamesh23
06-02-2007, 11:17 AM
Yea but baseball has more of a chance to go pro and thats what i want to do, dang i didnt know that about the substance control no f'in way im putting something in my body and not know what it is. I'm gonna work my ass off to do this what if i dont get drafted to college but like walk on to a team and get accepted? still a chance? i dont think i'll ever do roids but if i do im gonna make sure i get the real stuff and am highly educated and in my late 20's at the earliest. But what would you rather have your 18 year old kid taking? heroin or steroids?

SDOptimist
06-02-2007, 11:34 AM
Here's one for the football aspirants:

This post by Dominick comes from a thread I started regarding Brady Quinn's 225 lbs X 24 reps in the bench he did at the NFL combine. According to statistics that Dominick has found, only 9 in 10,000 would-be NFL hopefulls, actually make it:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=33386481&postcount=128

Staggering number, isn't it?

lol no its not staggering or shocking. ofcourse we all know this, we know it is nearly impossible to get into, but that doesnt mean to give up and not try. the .9% that make it every year are humans just like us who had a dream that they wanted become pro. nothing is impossible.

smitsky
06-02-2007, 11:39 AM
lol no its not staggering or shocking. ofcourse we all know this, we know it is nearly impossible to get into, but that doesnt mean to give up and not try. the .9% that make it every year are humans just like us who had a dream that they wanted become pro. nothing is impossible.

Ok, have it your way my friend. It's not staggering to you, but it's (0.09 percent) a very small number.

You are right. Nothing is impossible. There is a big difference between probable and possible.

The OP is interested in baseball it seems... anyway.

SDOptimist
06-02-2007, 11:50 AM
Ok, have it your way my friend. It's not staggering to you, but it's (0.09 percent) a very small number.

You are right. Nothing is impossible. There is a big difference between probable and possible.

The OP is interested in baseball it seems... anyway.

LOL WOW. ofcourse its a small number, lol. that doesnt mean anything. its not about probable or your % of chance. if it was a high number then everybody would be in the pros and the value of a contract would be similar to an average every day job.

To the OP,
look, no matter what sport you wanna play, it seems like baseball. DO NOT let anyone you cant do it. ya your chances are slim but there greater if you try rather than not try. If you want to play college ball and pro ball then bust your ass every day, eat right, run right, lift right, practice all out, get better every single day. dont worry about your heigt, weight or the guy standing next to you. if you do this every day and the day comes where you find out you will either go pro or not and you find out you didnt make it. then guess what, you will atleast know that you gave it your all, you didnt listen to anybody who said you cant make it. and even then, your dream is never over. you could play for these independant leagues and bust your ass their and possible get singed. nothing is impossible and dont look that the % of a person turning pro. thats just a number, means nothing.

smitsky
06-02-2007, 12:01 PM
To the OP,
look, no matter what sport you wanna play, it seems like baseball. DO NOT let anyone you cant do it. ya your chances are slim but there greater if you try rather than not try. If you want to play college ball and pro ball then bust your ass every day, eat right, run right, lift right, practice all out, get better every single day. dont worry about your heigt, weight or the guy standing next to you. if you do this every day and the day comes where you find out you will either go pro or not and you find out you didnt make it. then guess what, you will atleast know that you gave it your all, you didnt listen to anybody who said you cant make it. and even then, your dream is never over. you could play for these independant leagues and bust your ass their and possible get singed. nothing is impossible and dont look that the % of a person turning pro. thats just a number, means nothing.

Solid advice IMO :)

PowerBuilder08
06-02-2007, 01:07 PM
OP - You are 14...you are worrying about **** that's way off in the future, work hard, and don't even THINK about using steroids.

BTW, I dunno if they are going to let this discussion continue in here, the discussion of illegal performance enhancers, especially by someone the age of 14, is not allowed by forum rules.

smitsky
06-02-2007, 01:15 PM
OP - You are 14...you are worrying about **** that's way off in the future, work hard, and don't even THINK about using steroids.

BTW, I dunno if they are going to let this discussion continue in here, the discussion of illegal performance enhancers, especially by someone the age of 14, is not allowed by forum rules.

Very good point ;)

jamesh23
06-02-2007, 02:06 PM
it wasnt about roids for me, i just asked woudl you do it? cuz i watched a special and it brought up the question and i just wanted opinions.

PowerBuilder08
06-02-2007, 02:07 PM
it wasnt about roids for me, i just asked woudl you do it? cuz i watched a special and it brought up the question and i just wanted opinions.

Not for the sake of sports

farzamk
06-02-2007, 02:24 PM
I didn't read the second/third page of this thread, but I will tell you that you do indeed require roids in many sports to go pro. Track and Field, Bodybuilding (the most), powerlifting, and then football/baseball etc. where there are less but still are.

It is difficult to gain big weight plus speed in a short time, mainly because extra weight automatically slows you down unless it's 100% lean mass. And a clean bulk is difficult and done in a short time makes it 10x more difficult.

I'm being realistic ^^.

Now on the "should I take roids," thing, 100000% not. The health side effects are long term and future health problems are not even worth going pro unless you're making millions in which case you wont "need" roids to GO pro, but rather to remain a top pro.

Now being a little realistic, it's all about genes, a gifted sprinter like Asafa Powell became the fastest human in history defenitely clean, but a guy like ben Johnson used HGH and roids like a freak (I saw him 3 days ago and every time I see him, he's wearing jeans which are loose for every person except for him, clearly because of his bulky legs) and became the fastest man on earth at the time in 1980s.

So if you've got the genes to go pro without roids, you will have sucess, if you need roids just to make it, how sucessful do you think you'll be competing as a pro?

smitsky
06-02-2007, 06:46 PM
So if you've got the genes to go pro without roids, you will have sucess, if you need roids just to make it, how sucessful do you think you'll be competing as a pro?

I agree :)

I brought up that point earlier on in this thread. You have to have very good genetic makeup. If you don't - unfortunately - you will get pushed behind a better genetically made-up athlete.

Let's be realistic along with farzamk ;)

jamesh23
06-02-2007, 08:07 PM
well i dont know if I have good genes we'll see if i get drafted my senior year i feel behind everyone else cuz my mom started me in school early i'll barely be 17 when i graduate i turn 17 august of 2009. I'll do anything to be on the top.

PowerBuilder08
06-02-2007, 08:08 PM
well i dont know if I have good genes we'll see if i get drafted my senior year i feel behind everyone else cuz my mom started me in school early i'll barely be 17 when i graduate i turn 17 august of 2009. I'll do anything to be on the top.

Holy **** kid, STOP WORRYING ABOUT THAT!!! Worry about doing well in school and working your ass off. Let the chips fall where they may.

smitsky
06-02-2007, 08:27 PM
Holy **** kid, STOP WORRYING ABOUT THAT!!! Worry about doing well in school and working your ass off. Let the chips fall where they may.

Very good! :)

To the Original Poster, we are trying to give you good advice. You should have a good support system around you, to help you in the right direction.

Saying that you "would do anything to be on top," sounds a bit rash to me! :(

SFreppinitbig
06-02-2007, 08:43 PM
Roids shouldn't even be questioned until you are at you natural limit. With that said, I still wouldn't do it. No teen should take roids, not because its bad for you, but won't help a whole lot. Your test is high and far from natual genetic limit. Sholdn't even be in question until AT LEAST 25 or 26.

Mansewerz
06-02-2007, 10:49 PM
NOPE, wouldnt take roids. BUt what i would do is bust my ass, eat, sleep and lift weights and hopefully i get better and if i dont then i know i gave it my best and i didnt cheat or take an easy way out.

and if your using this as a test to see if you should take roids, lol you shouldnt, your only 14, they wont do any good for you, ya roids make you huge, but they wont work for kids your age they will only harm you.

lol, x2, but roids alone don't make u huge,it takes hard work as well, but i'd always go natural, because otherwise it just wasn't meant to be

DieHollywoodDie
06-03-2007, 12:18 AM
i am a walk-on at a D1 school and i can honestly tell you, taking roids is retarded.

sjr_1490
06-03-2007, 01:31 AM
Don't do em dude. You think Hank Aaron or Griffey used roids? These other guys have already talked about how risky the content of this stuff is, not something you want to put into your body.

SDOptimist is right, don't let anyone ever tell you that you can't do something. There was a soccer player from Wisconsin who wanted to play pro, but not even the MLS or minor league teams would even look at him. You know what he did? He worked his ass off and then moved to England. He impressed a couple of scouts and now plays in the English Premier League, regarded by many as the best league in the world.

Hard work DOES pay off. Keep working hard.

jamesh23
06-03-2007, 02:27 PM
I AM NOT GOING TO TAKE THEM i had to put in caps cuz you guys dont seem to understand. And do anything to be on top i guess you dont know how bad i want this maybe its just a phase idk i have always loved baseball and always been very good, today i got asked to play for another team cuz they were missing a player and this is summer league and the other coach said no no him pick someone else and it was because i played varsity baseball this year as a freshman. I know im good so I think hard work can get met there thanks guys.

RaferAlston26
06-03-2007, 02:46 PM

What if you are caught taking steroids? Boom. There goes your scholarship. Boom. There goes your future in sports. What if you could have made it without steroids but instead took the faster path? You just destroyed any chance.

Steroids are illegal for a reason. It's considered "cheating". Now, am I against it for people who want to use it just to get bigger? No, not really. But if you're using steroids to compete and beat the other competitors, I think you should just quit. Would you cheat in a game of poker? Would you cheat in a board game? Probably not. To me, it's cheating. If a scout wants me bigger, I would work hard to become bigger. Steroids is an "easy" way out. It is. That's just my opinion.

.Smithers
06-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Hell no I wouldn't take roids. If a scout told me to get bigger, stronger, and faster then I'd just stick to my supps and work harder.

sjr_1490
06-03-2007, 08:25 PM
I AM NOT GOING TO TAKE THEM i had to put in caps cuz you guys dont seem to understand. And do anything to be on top i guess you dont know how bad i want this maybe its just a phase idk i have always loved baseball and always been very good, today i got asked to play for another team cuz they were missing a player and this is summer league and the other coach said no no him pick someone else and it was because i played varsity baseball this year as a freshman. I know im good so I think hard work can get met there thanks guys.

Sorry dude, I was just giving you my input on the deal, which is what i thought you wanted to hear? I understand you're not going to take them, just my opinion for ya.

farzamk
06-04-2007, 05:17 AM
You know if you have good genes if you are waaayyy ahead of everyone around the ages while in high school.