PDA

View Full Version : Adam's Fat Ass .... 305lbs

skuZZitude
06-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Hello all,

I wanted to start a thread of my own about my weight loss goals. I officially started my weight loss program on May 30th and have since lost 5lbs, which I am sure is mostly, if not all, water weight. My official starting weight is 305.2lbs which is the highest weight I have been in 3 years and I am so ashamed. I used to be 415lbs when I was 17 (December, 2001) and I lost 165lbs and got down to 251lbs by August, 2005. That was the lowest I have ever been. I maintained it for a few months and by January 2006 I was gaining weight back eating crappy and in the last 16 months I've gained over 50lbs back and enough is enough.

I am still waiting for my exercise equipment to come which should be here in 3-5 days. I ordered some selecttech dumbbells, a powertec WB-MS and a chin/dip assist and I also have a nice elliptical at home which I plan to use in my program. For the first week here though it looks like I will just be doing diet only. My diet is consiting of approximately 2000 calories per day spread out over 6 meals and will involve basically 3 double protein shakes (240 cal, 4g carbs, 56g protein each) and then mainly lean chicken from the deli......... celery/brocolli/cauliflower with ranch dip (omega 3/6 fats and lots of mono... only 1g of saturated fats per tbsp).... .almonds.....turkey breast.... egg whites and some fish here and there. That is the basic gist. I am trying to keep my overall carbs under 50g per day and to not eat any carbs at all 5 hours previous to bed (ending the day with a protein shake).

I will keep everyone updated on my status and you can view my daily updated progress chart at http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/dochart.php?u=404336&t=weight which I will update each morning. So far I've lost exactly 5.0lbs. My overall goal is to lose 30lbs of fat (regardless of actual weight loss) by August 6th, which means about 3.5lbs of fat per week or around 4.5lbs overall per week.

I am going to try and post a picture of myself up here shirtless at 300lbs to look back on when I get down low. Once I get my gym equipment I will post my workouts. I am really gunned about this. I wanted to wait for 3 days into the diet before I posted this, but after 3 days I am more gung ho than ever and there is no looking back. I want to set some incredible weight loss records and I hope to smash my goal to pieces!

I am also in the summer cutting contest from June 1st - Thanksgiving. You can see it at http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2960331 - I will be announcing my UNDISPUTED VICTORY the day before Thanksgiving and you're all invited to me huge Thanksgiving party!

Adam

Freddie Beef
06-01-2007, 10:21 PM
This is a good start. Lets kick some ass in this contest.

skuZZitude
06-01-2007, 10:49 PM
This is a good start. Lets kick some ass in this contest.

That sounds like a challenge sir. I'm not worried... see... I've got more motivation than just the thread..... my girlfriend and I just entered into a competition too! To see who can lose the greatest body weight percentage by our 2nd year anniversary on August 1st. ....... I think she could beat me. We will have the official weigh in tomorrow but she is literally 200lbs on the dot and I will be around 300lbs on the dot. So I need to lose 3lbs for every 2lbs she loses. I could be in trouble!!!!!!!

poka dots
06-01-2007, 10:56 PM
Hi everyone im new here, and i ran across this thread and Im so in on your "contest". Oh and skuZZitude I see your "competitive so you are so on!

06/01- 206
06/02 -
06/09 -
06/16 -
06/23 -
06/30 -
07/07 -
07/14 -
07/21 -
08/01 -

skuZZitude
06-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Hi everyone im new here, and i ran across this thread and Im so in on your "contest". Oh and skuZZitude I see your "competitive so you are so on!

06/01- 206
06/02 -
06/09 -
06/16 -
06/23 -
06/30 -
07/07 -
07/14 -
07/21 -
08/01 -

hey man, that's cool but I'm not really doing a contest in here but you're welcome to compete with me if you want! The contest I am doing is called the Summer Contest in the Losing Fat Logs forum (same forum). Join up with that one and post your results man!

poka dots
06-01-2007, 11:14 PM
Alright that?s fine, I read your story though, and its very motivating. Hope you do great and lose everything. But ill still try and keep up to you! Good luck Skuz!

cawiau
06-01-2007, 11:50 PM
Funny, me and my fiancee where doing the same contest or still are. I believe she is 198 lbs. I am going to beat her easy because I am more motivated than she is :D

Also in another competition at work. So for I am coming in 2nd place. But intend to win when we weight in on Monday and get into first place. I have been buying the person in first place food all week so she can gain the weight back :D I am so bad and so evil.

I have a whole lot of reason to kick ass and you just gave me one more.'

Your 6 inches got nothing on me, going to still kick ass. ;)

skuZZitude
06-01-2007, 11:53 PM
Funny, me and my fiancee where doing the same contest or still are. I believe she is 198 lbs. I am going to beat her easy because I am more motivated than she is :D

Also in another competition at work. So for I am coming in 2nd place. But intend to win when we weight in on Monday and get into first place. I have been buying the person in first place food all week so she can gain the weight back :D I am so bad and so evil.

I have a whole lot of reason to kick ass and you just gave me one more.'

Your 6 inches got nothing on me, going to still kick ass. ;)

We are so even in weight, I guess there is no way to make excuses. May the best man win!

Oh and 6 inches can make a LOT of difference...... :D

poka dots
06-01-2007, 11:59 PM
Let the best man/women win!!

cawiau
06-02-2007, 12:13 AM
Oh and 6 inches can make a LOT of difference...... :D

Not in this case LOL :D

Let the best man/women win!!

Yep, let the best win.;)

skuZZitude
06-02-2007, 12:16 AM
I HATE POKA DOTS.........

My girlfriend = Poka Dots......... REALLY FUNNY. She is laughing at me right now. I hate her. She thinks it's funny. I'll get her back..... GRR.

I'm going to bed now my head hurts...

skuZZitude
06-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Well I weighed myself this morning and came in at 297.8lbs. The first few days sure are nice, all that water weight going away! However I am not going to weigh myself until June 9th now (next Saturday) and I'm taking my scale to work and putting it in my locker so I can't possibly cheat and weigh myself. I also found out my gym equipment should be here on Friday so one more week of diet only and then I can start my workout routine.

I am thinking as far as my diet goes I may start carb cycling 5 days on 2 days off, eating lean carbs (oats, whole wheat pasta, etc.) on my days off and then going back to strict low carb on the 5 days. I will give it a shot and see what happens.

poka dots
06-02-2007, 10:52 PM
Way to go Skuzz, keep up the great work! Sounds like your doing awesome! So what kind of equipment did you get? I weighed myself today and weighed 198.4!

skuZZitude
06-03-2007, 12:29 AM
Way to go Skuzz, keep up the great work! Sounds like your doing awesome! So what kind of equipment did you get? I weighed myself today and weighed 198.4!

Quiet you lol

skuZZitude
06-03-2007, 03:41 PM
So I did 30 minutes of cardio today and it felt ok, sort of tough getting back on track. Can't wait for my weight equipment to get here on Friday. My ECA stack came in the mail today but not sure when I am going to start it, probably tomorrow? So far today I've eaten:

7:30am - Double Protein Shake (45g protein)
9:30am - 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, 2 sticks of pepperoni
12:00pm - brocolli/celery with ranch dip and 1/2 cup of cheese with ham/bacon bits
2:30pm - Double Protein Shake
5:30pm - 8oz chicken breast (big one) and some caesar salad

My diet is still high in fat which is good, the pepperoni part is bad. I counted my calories though and I figure my intake is around 1800-2000 for today. I am finding what is really helping me is to stop eating at 5:30. I may start taking a 3rd protein shake around 8:30pm though, to keep my metabolism going even stronger. I am running out of protein shake so maybe I will try one with Casein I've heard it's great stuff?

I didn't weigh myself today either which was really tough but I am going to only weigh myself weekly from now on starting yesterday, so my next weigh in will be on Saturday! Oh and if my girlfriend gets home soon I amgoing to convince her to take pictures of me and I will post them up here while I'm still fat!

skuZZitude
06-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Well I finally got a couple of pictures of myself uploaded and here they are. WARNING: You may be blinded. I figure I am approximately 295lbs in these. My last weigh in was yesterday at 297.8 so that is the closest I have.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/data/500/medium/adam2.jpg

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/data/500/medium/adam11.jpg

All I can say is YUCK I am disgusted. Of course pictures always look worse but man I really need to get on track. Looking at these pictures I must be around 35% body fat. Tonight I am going to measure myself and do the navy body fat scale and I will post results later!

cawiau
06-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Hey just keep at it and you will just see the fat starting to melt of you.

Don't stop, just keep at it.

skuZZitude
06-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Hey just keep at it and you will just see the fat starting to melt of you.

Don't stop, just keep at it.

yeah thanks man, I am already feeling better as the days go by. Eating clean has such an instant effect on my personality. I am happier and my self esteem and energy is THROUGH the ROOF!

skuZZitude
06-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Ok I took my measurements last night for the navy body fat scale and I was at 53" abdomen (measured horozontally, relaxed stomach, around naval) and my neck was 21" I believe.

Anyways the results are in and it says I am 37% body fat which is very sad. I think I'm a bit lower than that realistically (it seems like the navy body fat scale isn't very accurate for higher fat people) but it's still dissapointing, I figure I am around 33-35% realistically. When I was 330lbs I was 43% body fat !!!! I must have been well over 50% when I was 415lbs......... scary.

cawiau
06-04-2007, 03:08 PM
yeah thanks man, I am already feeling better as the days go by. Eating clean has such an instant effect on my personality. I am happier and my self esteem and energy is THROUGH the ROOF!

Good!!!
So let's keep it that way.

skuZZitude
06-05-2007, 03:03 PM
I bought a cheap breadmaker yesterday and I've been making some low-carb bread in it... man it tastes good. Only 3.5 carbs per slice. Grilled cheese sandwiches have never tasted so good, nor has peanut butter smoothered one a thin piece of bread. Yesterday was a good day I figure I ate 3000 calories which is good, because I had been only eating 1800-2000. I ate about 8 meals yesterday from 7am to ending the day at 10pm with a nice protein shake. Weigh in is in 4 days!!!!!!! Workout equipment should be here by Thurs or Friday too!!!!

Another one of my goals....... 1.5 mile run in 9min 30sec

I also drank 6 liters of water yesterday!

logik9
06-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Good Luck With the Bread Maker... I have been thinking about getting one for a bit now, But Wasnt sure how good they were.. Didnt want to waste money on another paperweight in the kitchen.. But Now at least I know someone said something good about it I dont mind spending the money..

cawiau
06-06-2007, 01:54 PM
I also drank 6 liters of water yesterday!

WOW!!!
I am impressed! :D

Freddie Beef
06-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Keep it up dude. A 9 minute mile and a half is pretty good. My fastest mile I ever ran was 7min 10 seconds. ( I also weighed 185 pounds too)

skuZZitude
06-07-2007, 01:53 AM
Keep it up dude. A 9 minute mile and a half is pretty good. My fastest mile I ever ran was 7min 10 seconds. ( I also weighed 185 pounds too)

I had a double take there I thought you meant 1.5 miles in 7 min and 10 seconds which I was thinking to myself "must be a world record". 1 mile in 7 minutes is still pretty damn impressive. My best is 1.5 miles in 14 minutes which is sad!

skuZZitude
06-07-2007, 01:56 AM
Good Luck With the Bread Maker... I have been thinking about getting one for a bit now, But Wasnt sure how good they were.. Didnt want to waste money on another paperweight in the kitchen.. But Now at least I know someone said something good about it I dont mind spending the money..

Dude it's funny, I am the same way. I actually told my girlfriend "Watch, this fricken thing either won't work properly, or else it will just sit there and not get used". But I've had it for 3 days now and I've already made 4 loaves of bread. I can't describe how amazed I am. The bread is so good and so healthy, I know everything I put into it. I would highly recommend it, just get a brand name one. You can buy a good one on Amazon.com for around $60. I paid $100 cdn for mine, it's a black & decker, very simple, works awesome. Highly recommend it......

skuZZitude
06-07-2007, 01:57 AM
I have spent the last 2 days formulating a workout plan and diet plan to a tee. It's the first time I've ever done it and the satisfaction of completing it is nice, now I just need to put it into action. It took me about 5 hours to do and I am pretty damn quick, it's just I needed to go through so many ingredients (like all the ingredients I use in my low carb bread) and see exactly how much of everything is in what I'm eating. All said and done I've created a 2100 calorie a day diet with a ratio of 58/35/7 (fat, protein, carbs) over 6 meals that I find well balanced. Basically 3 protein shakes and 3 meals

Breakfast = 3 Egg Omlet

3 Large Eggs, 1/4 cup green peppers, 1/4 cup red peppers, 1/4 cup onions, 1 sliced pepperoni stick, 1/4 cup sour cream, 1/2 tbsp olive oil.

590 calories, 48.5g fat, 27.0g protein, 12.0g carb

Lunch = Grilled Cheese Sandwich (YES!!!!!)

2 Slices of Low Carb Cinnamon Bread, 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese partly skimmed, 1 tbsp soft margerine

675 calories, 50.5g fat, 46.0g protein, 10.0g carb

Dinner = Roast Beef and Veggies w/ Ranch Dip

150g Deli-Style Lean Roast Beef, 1 cup Broc****, 6 sticks of celery (7" each), 1/4 cup ranch dressing

508 calories, 37.0g fat, 37.0g protein, 10.5g carb

I also have 3 protein shakes as mentioned throughout the day..... one in the morning post cardio, one in the afternoon post-workout and one at night time before bed. The protein shakes I am using are ON Whey Gold 100%. The 150g of roast beef can also be substituted for any other lean high protein deli meat (roasted chicken or turkey breast) as I am sure I will get tired of Roast Beef. I like the roast beef because it's a bit fatty and I am very tired of eating poultry.

Thoughts? Tomorrow will be my first day of trying this above food schedule out to a tee.

skuZZitude
06-07-2007, 01:59 AM
WOW!!!
I am impressed! :D

Is that sarcasm :D Hey 6 litres is good for me. Although, I know a lot of guys around here drink that amount every day......

skuZZitude
06-07-2007, 02:00 AM
oops double post

skuZZitude
06-07-2007, 02:03 AM
Im going to bed now lol.

skuZZitude
06-07-2007, 02:04 AM
So I finished my workout program... which I should be able to start Friday if my equipment gets here (grrr). The only thing I am not sure of is the two days of rest (both Sat and Sun). But I feel like I would rather work my body hard for 5 days and then give my body a full 72 hours of recovery and lots of healthy carbs over the weekend.

Workout Program

Monday

7:15am
- Elliptical (25 Minutes @ Moderate Pace)
- Elliptical (5 Minutes @ Cooldown Pace)

11:45am
- Elliptical (5 Minutes @ Warm-Up Pace)
- Bench Press 4x8-10
- Lat Pulldown 4x8-10
- Leg Extension 3x10-12
- Calf Raise 3x10-12

Tuesday

- Elliptical (20 Minutes @ HIIT Pace)

Wednesday

- Squat 4x8-10
- Shoulder Press 4x8-10
- Ab Crunches 3x10-12
- Arm Curl 3x10-12

Thursday

- Elliptical (20 Minutes @ HIIT Pace)

Friday

- *Chin-Ups 4 sets
- *Dips 4 sets
- Leg Extension 3x10-12
- Calf Raise 3x10-12

Saturday

REST / CARB-UP

Sunday

REST / CARB-Up

skuZZitude
06-07-2007, 02:07 AM
Here are some photos of me when I was at 250lbs and ~19% body fat

logik9
06-07-2007, 02:01 PM
I think thats funny.. Thanks for the help with the bread maker Iam going to order one in the next couple of days.. I cant wait now at least I know it wont be a waste of money.. I wish I could get on amazon.com and look now but they blocked our internet access at work, and for some reason this and ups are the only site i can look at..

skuZZitude
06-07-2007, 02:25 PM
I think thats funny.. Thanks for the help with the bread maker Iam going to order one in the next couple of days.. I cant wait now at least I know it wont be a waste of money.. I wish I could get on amazon.com and look now but they blocked our internet access at work, and for some reason this and ups are the only site i can look at..

Yeah for sure... only problem is limiting yourself to bread. I can only make 1 loaf every 4 days because it's all that will fit into my diet lol. I am still not sure if the bread will last for 4 days without any perservatives, but I think it will. The other option you can do is make the bread on your day off, and make like 5 loafs and freeze them all. It only takes me 10 minutes to mix all the ingredients together. The recipe I use is just like 8 dry ingredients all non-parishable. Then water, oil and yeast. When you get it if you decide to make low carb look up the recipe "gabi's world famous bread". The only difference with me is I use an extra 1/2 table spoon of olive oil and only 1 cup of water, instead of 1 1/8 cup of water. I also add cinnamon to mine. It makes really good bread! She says on her site 3.5 effective carbs per slice for like 16 slices, but I cut mine up into 8 big slices. But I cut the ends of the bread off and throw them away because the crusts aren't good for making the big type of grilled cheese sandwiches I like so after I cut the ends off there is only maybe 4/5 of the bread left. Then I cut that into 8 big slices and I added up that each slice is around 4 carbs. Of course if you aren't worried about carbs then you can make some sweet whole grain breads too. But if I wasn't doing low carb then I wouldn't buy a bread maker, because honestly you can buy a decent loaf of multigrain bread in the store for $2.00. You can make a loaf at home for around $1.00 maybe with decent ingredients? But then the breadmaker costs $60-70 so you need to make 60-70 loafs to break even, not to mention your time spent doing it. The reason I bought a breadmaker is because we can't buy low carb bread anywhere out here, and when I did find it in the big areas it was $4.99 a loaf!@!!!

cawiau
06-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Your workout programn is looking good.
See you are ready to kick some asses.

logik9
06-07-2007, 08:32 PM
Ya thats want I want to do is some low carb, I will look up that recipe for sure thanks.. Ya here to low carb bread is about the same as a gallon of gas:) you need to take a loan out just to buy it:).. Thanks for all the great advise and feedback I will keep you posted on it and if you come up with anything else and dont mind letting me know that would be cool.. Thanks..

skuZZitude
06-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Did my first session of HIIT today for 18 minutes managed to get my MHR up to 85-95% for 14 minutes (took 4 minutes to get warmed up).

I feel great today overall, tons of energy. It's my 3rd day of doing this keto diet to a tee and properly and the results are showing. wooohoooo

I also got some ketostix today at the drug store and tested myself. To my surprise it shows up as semi-dark purple (between moderate and high). I am very happy aboout that considering I am drinking 6-7 liters of water a day.

My equipment didn't come today which is a dissapointment but oh well, I did HIIT instead and I am fine with just dooing cardio until it gets here. It just gives me something else to be excited about.

Freddie Beef
06-08-2007, 09:13 PM
That keto stuff aint for me. I have too high a risk of heart disease to be increasing my fat like that. I hope it really melts the fat off ya.

skuZZitude
06-08-2007, 09:39 PM
That keto stuff aint for me. I have too high a risk of heart disease to be increasing my fat like that. I hope it really melts the fat off ya.

Thanks man. I know keto can be scary. Some studies have been done though that prove it lowers cholesterol and I'm a prime example. When I first started atkins I took blood work and 3 months later I had it re-taken and it had shot down. My doctor still talks about it today.

Freddie Beef
06-08-2007, 10:32 PM
I am what my doctor clled a healthy obese person. Good cholesteral, good blood sugar, good everything. That is why I am losing this weight now, it is very important, after I turn 30, the doc said I could go downhill quick.

cawiau
06-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Congratulations on the HIIT today.
Keep up the great work.

the fat will melt off :)

cawiau
06-08-2007, 10:42 PM
I am what my doctor clled a healthy obese person. Good cholesteral, good blood sugar, good everything. That is why I am losing this weight now, it is very important, after I turn 30, the doc said I could go downhill quick.

That is the same thing that my doctor says about me.
So I need to get healthy while I am young.

poka dots
06-09-2007, 01:05 AM
Hey Skuzz, your going down! The way in is tomorow, and your going to be sorry!!! Haha

josh0899
06-09-2007, 07:22 AM
dude you lost 165lbs?
rep
if you can loose 165lbs you can most certainly do anything
good ****.

cawiau
06-09-2007, 09:38 AM
Hey Skuzz, your going down! The way in is tomorow, and your going to be sorry!!! Haha

skuZZitude....I feel a threat here.
I think you better start stepping up your game.

skuZZitude
06-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Well the results are in of my first weigh in today on the diet and I dropped to 295.2lbs. I consider this a good loss and I am going to pick it up now and hopefully drop below 290 for the next weigh in (5lbs in a week I can do it!)

skuZZitude
06-09-2007, 09:47 AM
skuZZitude....I feel a threat here.
I think you better start stepping up your game.

No chit. We weighed in this morning and my girlfriend lost 2.5lbs this week I think? She lost the same as me, man do I suck!!!!! I have to lose 3lbs for every 2lbs she loses since I weigh 33% more than her. I am in trouble.

cawiau
06-09-2007, 10:16 AM
No chit. We weighed in this morning and my girlfriend lost 2.5lbs this week I think? She lost the same as me, man do I suck!!!!! I have to lose 3lbs for every 2lbs she loses since I weigh 33% more than her. I am in trouble.

Better step it up bro!!!

skuZZitude
06-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Better step it up bro!!!

Back at you!!!! First to 250 wins!! :D

cawiau
06-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Back at you!!!! First to 250 wins!! :D

That is not fair, you already have a step up on me. You are at 295 lbs.

skuZZitude
06-09-2007, 12:15 PM
That is not fair, you already have a step up on me. You are at 295 lbs.

Whose fault is that!!!! :D

I think we got enough riding in the contest no need for side bets lol

skuZZitude
06-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Did another session of HIIT today, 18 full minutes. This time my heart rate monitor on my elliptical was working!

Heart rate = 184 @ end of work cycle
168 @ end of rest cycle

Same was yesterday, 45 sec on level 9....... 45 sec on level 18. It felt easier today and my heart rate didnt go as high. I am going to keep this up for two weeks though, get used to it. In two weeks it should be easy and I can increase it. I would like the rest cycle to be a little higher, but then again dropping to 168 seems acceptable. It's a lot of fun but it's a lot of hard work too. Feel like Im gonna die when I get half way through and I just push on through it. The worst cycles are 4-10.

cawiau
06-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Whose fault is that!!!! :D

I think we got enough riding in the contest no need for side bets lol

Ok fat ass!!!

You are on and no amount of HIIT can help you :D

Wish you the best.

poka dots
06-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Man Skuzz, it must be hard to be beating by a girl! hahah let alone your own gf! Cant wait till next saturday when you see that i've beatin you once again! heheh

skuZZitude
06-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Ok fat ass!!!

You are on and no amount of HIIT can help you :D

Wish you the best.

Ooooo I'm shaking in my boots :D

skuZZitude
06-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Man Skuzz, it must be hard to be beating by a girl! hahah let alone your own gf! Cant wait till next saturday when you see that i've beatin you once again! heheh

Yeah yeah. You beat me by like 0.2lbs........ I will take you out in one clean swoop next week! I will lose 7lbs this week muhahaha!

cawiau
06-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Ooooo I'm shaking in my boots :D

HAHA...

you might win after all, my **** yesterday will really **** me up the up coming week.

But ****, what am I talking about.
We have to go all the way to 250.
Forget it.

I am going to whoop your behind, in addition to the whooping that your girlfriend is giving you :D

skuZZitude
06-10-2007, 03:57 PM
HAHA...

you WILL win after all, my **** yesterday will really **** me up the up coming week.

But ****, what am I talking about.
We have to go all the way to 250.
Forget it.

I am going to whoop your behind, in addition to the whooping that your girlfriend is giving you :D

No no, you were right in the first sentence. I bolded it for you and made a correction to it..... :D

Yeah man this contest is going all the way to fricken November. I never knew it was that long because in Canada, Thanksgiving is in October. Doh. That's like 6 months. We are only 10 days into it. I'll probably forget about it half way through the summer :D

cawiau
06-10-2007, 04:02 PM
Yeah yeah. You beat me by like 0.2lbs........

You are one sore loser.

Even if it was by like 0.00000000000001, she beat you anyway.
Just accept it and move on :D

cawiau
06-10-2007, 04:04 PM
I'll probably forget about it half way through the summer :D

Don't start making excuses for losing already....:D

skuZZitude
06-10-2007, 04:06 PM
You are one sore loser.

Even if it was by like 0.00000000000001, she beat you anyway.
Just accept it and move on :D

...... oh it's on now..........

Bodysteele
06-10-2007, 04:08 PM
You guys do understand...losing faster isnt exactly losing better...right.

I mean nothing wrong with good ole compeititon and at our sizes we are going to lose weight pretty rapidly at first but anything after the nitial 2 weeks over say 1% of bodyweight is gonna be counterproductive to sustainability and eventual appeasrance+ looseskin issues.

Ive lost 40-45 lbs since the bginning of February...very happy with the results of losing ~ 2 lbs a week...everything looks good and im more muscular and MUCH stronger.

Be patient folks and lose the right way. I guarantee it will benefit you in the end.

cawiau
06-10-2007, 04:14 PM

I mean nothing wrong with good ole compeititon and at our sizes we are going to lose weight pretty rapidly at first but anything after the nitial 2 weeks over say 1% of bodyweight is gonna be counterproductive to sustainability and eventual appeasrance+ looseskin issues.

Ive lost 40-45 lbs since the bginning of February...very happy with the results of losing ~ 2 lbs a week...everything looks good and im more muscular and MUCH stronger.

Be patient folks and lose the right way. I guarantee it will benefit you in the end.

We totally understand that and yes, I am not after losing weight but more for losing fat.
With my current workout and diet, I am in the process of trying to keep as much muscle as I can and burning the most fat as possible.

It is just two enthusiastic competitiors talking. Nothing to worry about.
We also take our measurements and bodyfat percentage, so we keep track of everything

skuZZitude
06-10-2007, 04:37 PM

First off, reps for caring because I appreciate it

We are just talking ****, of course we don't want to lose heaps of weight. I am content with losing 3-4lbs a week to start. When I slow down to 1-2lbs I will drop my calories. My body seems to be a freak when it comes to loosing weight though. Doing my 3000 calorie a day keto diet right now I have dropped 4lbs in 4 days, almost all fat, because I am not retaining water and my water weight is depleted (although I am still drinking 6 liters a day of water, my sodium intake is being monitored). I am doubtful that I am loosing any muscle, because I am eating in excess of 260g of protein a day.

I think for guys as big as cawiau and I, muscle loss isn't a huge concern at the beginning as long as the diet consists of a moderate amount of calories. Once I get down to around 20% BF, it is then that I find that I need to become more concious of what I am eating to avoid muscle loss.

Edit, a couple more thiings to add. Loosing weight slowly iss not a guarentee of not having loose skin. If you were at 360+ lbs at 6'0", there is an incredibly high chance of you having loose skin man. I was 415lbs when I was 17 and when I got down to 255lbs, I had tons of loose skin..... and I had lost that weight VERY SLOWLY (0.5lbs a week) it took me over 4 years to lose the 165lbs. It was tons of little wrinkly fat pockets all over my abs and stuff. So I know even when I get cut finally, I will have a pocket of flag hanging a bit. I won't know how bad it is until I get there though. I'm just saying, being young and loosing weight slowly can help prevent excess skin, but for people who were morbidly obese (like us, around 400lbs), loose skin is going to happen.

Bodysteele
06-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Im glad you guys understand its all love between me and all big people trying to get healthier....

Keep doing what your doing....just keep being smart about like its obvious you both already are and before too long we will all be modeling swimsuits...lol lol lol.

Naw, but for real good luck to you both.

ItaliaMami2004
06-10-2007, 07:09 PM
I have some questions! :)
First off what is this kito or whatever diet that you speak of??? I'm interested in getting educated!!

What foods do a typical day of that diet consist of??? and How does it work???

Second of all....I think that it's great that the couples on here are making changes together!!! Nothing better than someone you love right there next to you motivating you and pushing you harder than you'd push yourselves....I think your goals are fabulous and I hope that you reach all of them...

Good luck to you! and there will always be support from me if anyone needs an ear to listen, or share ideas...and I'm even more open to recieving it as well!!

Good Luck everyone you guys are lookin great! I might jump in the "competition" soon ;)

skuZZitude
06-10-2007, 07:48 PM
I have some questions! :)
First off what is this kito or whatever diet that you speak of??? I'm interested in getting educated!!

What foods do a typical day of that diet consist of??? and How does it work???

Second of all....I think that it's great that the couples on here are making changes together!!! Nothing better than someone you love right there next to you motivating you and pushing you harder than you'd push yourselves....I think your goals are fabulous and I hope that you reach all of them...

Good luck to you! and there will always be support from me if anyone needs an ear to listen, or share ideas...and I'm even more open to recieving it as well!!

Good Luck everyone you guys are lookin great! I might jump in the "competition" soon ;)

Hey there. Thanks so much for the kind comments and welcome to the forum.

The keto diet (keto stands for ketogenesis) is a low carb type diet similiar to that of the Atkins diet, except it's a much better, flexible diet that supports healthier foods (instead of bacon, eggs, etc.). The basic premise is that you eat 60% fat, 35% protein and 5% carbs. Some people do a "carb up" weekly or biweekly as well. There is a forum on here entirely dedicated to Keto and it has some amazing information. I suggest reading some of the sticky threads there for more info. You can find it at http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3116491

As far as my diet, I've actually posted my diet on here in full exactly what I eat each day so you can get an idea of what is working for me. You can see my diet posted at http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3116491

Let me know if you have any other Q's and thanks for the support for me and my girlfriend (even though she doesn't need anymore support cause she is kicking my ass)

poka dots
06-10-2007, 07:51 PM
Yeah yeah. You beat me by like 0.2lbs........ I will take you out in one clean swoop next week! I will lose 7lbs this week muhahaha!

It doesnt matter how much I beat you by, I still won this week! hehe oh so that will mean if you lose 7 then i need to lose 8.
Good luck!

skuZZitude
06-10-2007, 08:06 PM
It doesnt matter how much I beat you by, I still won this week! hehe oh so that will mean if you lose 7 then i need to lose 8.
Good luck!

No you only need to lose 2lbs for every 3lbs I lose since you're 2/3rd the weight I am, remember? :D

ItaliaMami2004
06-10-2007, 08:13 PM
Hey there. Thanks so much for the kind comments and welcome to the forum.

The keto diet (keto stands for ketogenesis) is a low carb type diet similiar to that of the Atkins diet, except it's a much better, flexible diet that supports healthier foods (instead of bacon, eggs, etc.). The basic premise is that you eat 60% fat, 35% protein and 5% carbs. Some people do a "carb up" weekly or biweekly as well. There is a forum on here entirely dedicated to Keto and it has some amazing information. I suggest reading some of the sticky threads there for more info. You can find it at http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3116491

As far as my diet, I've actually posted my diet on here in full exactly what I eat each day so you can get an idea of what is working for me. You can see my diet posted at http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3116491

Let me know if you have any other Q's and thanks for the support for me and my girlfriend (even though she doesn't need anymore support cause she is kicking my ass)

Thanks so much for the abundance of information....lol it's almost overwhelming being a newbie....very educational...

Girls rule....healthy competition never hurt anything :D I say keep it up Poka Dot! :) gotta keep em motivated some how!

Lol you guys rock...thanks again for being so helpful! Deff. gonna watch and learn from youz guyz progress!! ;)

ThaDagger
06-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Hey good luck man I am a fellow fatass myself @ 290 just starting out. Again good luck.

cawiau
06-10-2007, 09:32 PM
No you only need to lose 2lbs for every 3lbs I lose since you're 2/3rd the weight I am, remember? :D

sore loser :D

poka dots
06-10-2007, 11:22 PM

Lose all the weight you want, im still going to beat you, BAD! Oh its okay that your being a sore loser, just dont forget every saturday when I beat you. Its all fun and games right? so the fun part for me is to see you lose!
Good luck, your going to need it!

cawiau
06-11-2007, 08:28 AM
Lose all the weight you want, im still going to beat you, BAD! Oh its okay that your being a sore loser, just dont forget every saturday when I beat you. Its all fun and games right? so the fun part for me is to see you lose!
Good luck, your going to need it!

Damn!!!
You need to step it bro, she is really on to you :D

cawiau
06-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Hey no posting for today....Please don't tell me you are giving up already :)

skuZZitude
06-11-2007, 02:31 PM
Hey no posting for today....Please don't tell me you are giving up already :)

:D You wish.

no giving up bud !!!!!! sorrrryyy. My family is out here tonight and I am going to splurge, but not in a bad way. II'm making homemade low carbb pizzas. I tested one out this morning and it turned out mmmm delicious. Keto diets rule you know? Low carb pizza smoooothered in fresh cheese, meat, peppers, onions and dipped in ranch sauce. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM HMMMMMMMMMM. And I'll still lose weight :D

Edit........ did I mention warm bagels smoothered in real butter? :D

cawiau
06-11-2007, 02:32 PM

no giving up bud !!!!!! sorrrryyy. My family is out here tonight and I am going to splurge, but not in a bad way. II'm making homemade low carbb pizzas. I tested one out this morning and it turned out mmmm delicious. Keto diets rule you know? Low carb pizza smoooothered in fresh cheese, meat, peppers, onions and dipped in ranch sauce. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM HMMMMMMMMMM. And I'll still lose weight :D

yeah right!!!
add in some Ice cream and god knows what else.
Will see when you weight in this Saturday...
Gain like 4 lbs ::D

skuZZitude
06-11-2007, 02:35 PM
yeah right!!!
add in some Ice cream and god knows what else.
Will see when you weight in this Saturday...
Gain like 4 lbs ::D

You are right about the ice cream.....

... see, the store up the road sells this amazing low carb strawberry and chocolate ice cream. It's even lower carb than chapmans sugar free and tastes amazing.

What I do is take a couple scoops of that, then mix in some light cream and add a little bit of splenda........ no kidding bud, it's a better milkshake than dairy queen!

It's gooing to be a grrreeat night. I'll enjoy my pizza and milkshakes !!!! :D

cawiau
06-11-2007, 02:47 PM
You are right about the ice cream.....

... see, the store up the road sells this amazing low carb strawberry and chocolate ice cream. It's even lower carb than chapmans sugar free and tastes amazing.

What I do is take a couple scoops of that, then mix in some light cream and add a little bit of splenda........ no kidding bud, it's a better milkshake than dairy queen!

It's gooing to be a grrreeat night. I'll enjoy my pizza and milkshakes !!!! :D

Enjoy bro :D Enjoy :D

cawiau
06-11-2007, 03:01 PM
By the way, did I mention that I lost more than 2 inches of my waist :D

heathershubby
06-11-2007, 04:34 PM
keep at it man your doing great and p.s. when the little misses gets around those bad days of the month just put a bunch of chocolate on the coffee table :) instant win for you.

Just kidding poka dots go get him :)

poka dots
06-11-2007, 11:55 PM

Edit........ did I mention warm bagels smoothered in real butter? :D

Hmm Skuzz if you keep eating that stuff im going to beat you in the weigh in.. So keep it up bahaha Hope you enjoyed the ice cream tonight because its all going to your hips!!! BAHAHA
Good luck!

cawiau
06-15-2007, 11:59 PM
SO, tomorow is the weight in, feeling ready :confused:

skuZZitude
06-16-2007, 09:30 AM
SO, tomorow is the weight in, feeling ready :confused:

NO! But yes.

I just weighed in at 293.4lbs which means a loss of 1.8lbs this week. Nothing special, but considering the cheats I had and lack of cardio or fitness it's not bad.

Best part is I kicked my gf's ass. She gained 0.5lb! Of course that sucks for us as a team because our goal is to lose 50lbs combined by August 1st, so she set us back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But.... can't blame her because she was carrying the team up until now :D I told her it's mostly water weight anyways which it probably is. She ate two hot dogs yesterday loaded in sodium.

How about you....... big weigh in tomorrow for you. Oh, ill come harrass you in your threead.

cawiau
06-16-2007, 02:28 PM
COngratulations on the weight loss and tell your girlfriend to hang in there.

Anyway, when are you going to do cardio or lift weights?

skuZZitude
06-16-2007, 02:53 PM
COngratulations on the weight loss and tell your girlfriend to hang in there.

Anyway, when are you going to do cardio or lift weights?

Weights are coming Tuesday for sure. Ordered them 4 weeks ago now. Once I get them I will be a machine! I did a few sessions of HIIT a week ago and it felt good but HIIT is hard. I will most likely do weights 3x a week and HIIT 2x a week.

cawiau
06-16-2007, 06:21 PM
Weights are coming Tuesday for sure. Ordered them 4 weeks ago now. Once I get them I will be a machine! I did a few sessions of HIIT a week ago and it felt good but HIIT is hard. I will most likely do weights 3x a week and HIIT 2x a week.

OK....let's wait till Tuesday than.

cawiau
06-19-2007, 10:26 AM
SkuZZitude, ready or not I am coming for you.
THe cheat weight is almost off and I am ready.
By the way, did you receive your equipments. Better start working out because I am behind you.

6/18/07 --> 304.0 lbs
6/19/07 --> 302.6 lbs [-1.4 lbs]

skuZZitude
06-19-2007, 02:07 PM
SkuZZitude, ready or not I am coming for you.
THe cheat weight is almost off and I am ready.
By the way, did you receive your equipments. Better start working out because I am behind you.

6/18/07 --> 304.0 lbs
6/19/07 --> 302.6 lbs [-1.4 lbs]

Still hasn't come today :( Maybe it will come later? This blows... can't get a hold of the shipping company.

cawiau
06-19-2007, 03:11 PM
Still hasn't come today :( Maybe it will come later? This blows... can't get a hold of the shipping company.

That sucks :(

cawiau
06-21-2007, 11:35 AM
So, did the equipments arrive?

skuZZitude
06-21-2007, 11:54 AM
So, did the equipments arrive?

No.

I called him today and his cell phone actually RANG.

Then another amazing thing happened .... he picked it up!

He told me something about how they are fired all their shippers up in Kelowna and he is heading up there tomorrow with a 25' truck and bringing a bunch of stuff down. He said he will ship my stuff from Kelowna directly. Also said he will call me tomorrow during the day.

So in other words:

1) He won't call me tomorrow
2) My equipment will never get here

See, I'm learning.

This isn't just a guy it's a registered business, with two locations and showrooms...... it's just a **** up of a business! Oh well it's been close to 2 years now since I've worked out on weight equipment. I guess my muscles can wait another week or so.

skuZZitude
06-21-2007, 11:59 AM
In other news my weight sucks. I was 299 this morning mostly water weight. Today's diet is going to consist of:

- Six (1.5 scoop) protein shakes
- 18 Fish Oil Capsules
- 1/3 Loaf of Low Carb Bread
- 65g butter (4.5 tbsp)
- 1.5 gallons of water

Total calories around 2400. Based on a velocity type diet. Good ratio of fats. I am going to do this all day today and all day tomorrow extremely strict. Should show me exactly how much water I am retaining and if I fuxxed up my diet or not. DOn't see how I could have though, havent eaten much this week calorie-wise

cawiau
06-21-2007, 12:04 PM
So in other words:

1) He won't call me tomorrow
2) My equipment will never get here

Getting wise ;)

Oh well it's been close to 2 years now since I've worked out on weight equipment. I guess my muscles can wait another week or so.

Can't you find a gym close to home?

skuZZitude
06-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Getting wise ;)

Can't you find a gym close to home?

I live in a city of only 3000 people (temporary thing for work related purposes..... I didn't grow up in this **** hole!!!) and there is only one gym here and the equipment is mostly broken and full of 2 or 3 regular steroid monkeys..... and I hate working out in public gyms.

cawiau
06-21-2007, 12:22 PM
I live in a city of only 3000 people (temporary thing for work related purposes..... I didn't grow up in this **** hole!!!) and there is only one gym here and the equipment is mostly broken and full of 2 or 3 regular steroid monkeys..... and I hate working out in public gyms.

I see :D

Druluv75
06-21-2007, 12:44 PM
I would not resort to any velocity diet as of yet. Stick to keto basic principles. Focus on making your body a fat burning machine. After you carb up on keto your muscles fills up with glycgen, as the days go by you will lose all the water you gained over your carb up. I can easily gain 8lbs of water on a two day carb up. You should not be using a scale any ways until you fully understand this diet. We are not after body weight, we are looking for body fat and muscle growth.