PDA

View Full Version : Rate this shake!

Shion
05-31-2007, 09:18 AM
I've been toying around with some ways of making a good shake. This is one of the better ones I've come up with, feel free to critique or give me tips:

1 Avocado
2 Cups of skim milk
3 Egg whites
1/2 cup of Ice (smoothies rule)
2 tbsp Splenda

This ends up as:

450 cals
36g Carbs
21g Fat
31g Protein

I was thinking this could be good either pre or post workout, but wanted to double check. Any ideas?

Kstu23
05-31-2007, 09:21 AM
All tht fat is going to slow down the protein absorbtion. I would use it as a meal replacement or maybe even before bed, not postw/o. But looks good, hows it taste?

Shion
05-31-2007, 09:22 AM
The taste is pretty incredible I must say. You'd think avocadoes, milk and sugar shouldn't go together, but once they do you realize that there is a God.

muirsy88
05-31-2007, 09:22 AM
I've been toying around with some ways of making a good shake. This is one of the better ones I've come up with, feel free to critique or give me tips:

1 Avocado
2 Cups of skim milk
3 Egg whites
1/2 cup of Ice (smoothies rule)
2 tbsp Splenda

This ends up as:

450 cals
36g Carbs
21g Fat
31g Protein

I was thinking this could be good either pre or post workout, but wanted to double check. Any ideas?

Sounds interesting to say the least. No good for post workout due to the fat content...also, not enough protein. For pre workout...mm I guess so, although I personally prefer a small, solid meal

Shion
05-31-2007, 09:26 AM
Well, extra egg whites could be added also, if not at least half a scoop of whey. I just think the whey would mess up the taste so I decided not to include it.

muirsy88
05-31-2007, 09:28 AM
Well, extra egg whites could be added also, if not at least half a scoop of whey. I just think the whey would mess up the taste so I decided not to include it.

I think vanilla whey and avocado would be awesome! I dunno, it just sounds like it would. Could be wrong though

thedisneydad
05-31-2007, 09:29 AM
Sounds interesting to say the least. No good for post workout due to the fat content...also, not enough protein. For pre workout...mm I guess so, although I personally prefer a small, solid meal

sounds like a small solid meal...just liquified.

muirsy88
05-31-2007, 09:30 AM
sounds like a small solid meal...just liquified.

And that's what i said....i prefer solid meals over liquid

Shion
05-31-2007, 09:43 AM
Ok, so common consensus is that it might be better as a post workout or bedtime meal? What about carb content?

muirsy88
05-31-2007, 09:47 AM
Ok, so common consensus is that it might be better as a post workout or bedtime meal? What about carb content?

No, NOT a post workout meal. PWO = no fat.

Pre bed, yeah, why not

patrickhalferty7
05-31-2007, 10:43 AM
the carb content is lactose and low gi carb from the avacado assuming you aren't on an extreme cut that would be ok as a pre bed time meal. There are other much more efficient post workout shake concoctions though.

Kstu23
05-31-2007, 11:05 AM

No Post w/o....maybe Pre, but u may find the Fats make u feel slugish. B4 bed or as a Meal replacement would really be the only time i would ever drink it