PDA

View Full Version : Jon's cut to excellence!

nbagod_2006
05-30-2007, 10:44 PM
Hi guys. I decided i should make a log on here so i am more likely to stay with my cut. A good year ago, i was 6' ft and 190 lbs. I was in pretty good shape and was really muscular. I worked out religously. But then i went to college, drank a lot of beer, and ate a lot of fried foods. Most importantly, i didnt really excercise like i should have, besides a couple of pickup games of basketball from time to time. So because of that, i bollooned up to 210-215 pounds. Now im back for the summer and have a good 3 months to get back down to my original weight. I have done this before and lost a lot of weight when i was getting into shape to play shooting guard for basketball a couple years ago, so i know i can do this. I havent weighed myself for about a week, but when i did, i was 214. I have toyed around with this cut for a week, but yesterday i started it for real. I have until September 1st to get to at least 190. Anything below that is just a bonus. I start my journey now.

For meals when i try to lose weight, i supplement Slim Fast shakes into my plan, drinking them twice a day. This time is no different. I also eat grilled chicken breasts, eggs, some protein shakes, and sometimes fruits. I really try to stay away from really fattening things. Ill begin my log now.

--May 30th, 2007--

Today, i didnt have to work, so i thought it would be an excellent chance for me to start my log. I started my morning off with a Slim Fast shake, then grabbed my bike out of the closest. I decided for my cardio, i would bike ride today. I biked to the neigboring town, Creek, to my work and back. I took the country roads all the way around to lengthen my distance. There were a lot of hills to bike up and it was really windy that day to add some resistance. When i got back to my house, the bike ride totalled 14 miles. I then went to get something to eat. We ended up getting tacos that night. I know, not a good way to start my cut.... I ended up having 3 tacos with meat and cheese and an order of french fries fried in a NO-TRANS fat oil. I need to cut this stuff out to succeed in my plan. Later that night, i had another Slim Fast shake. I did not lift this day. I then went to sleep and got about 11 hours of sleep, due to being tired from the bike ride.

RECAP:
-cardio: 14 mile bike ride and a short run (2 hours)
-food: 2 slim fast shakes, 3 tacos, and an order of fries(no-trans fat)
-lift: none

--May 31, 2007--

Today, i woke up and had a slim fast shake. Then, i messed around doing a little core work out in my house, doing pushups and some crunches. After that, i went and got something to eat. I had a grilled chicken breast, 3 scrambled eggs, a side of white toast, and a small order of fries. Im thinking maybe next time i will order wheat toast instead of white, and maybe cut out the fries. After that, i biked to another neighboring town, Fort, and back. I took the country roads again. The roads were pretty flat compared to Creeks, and the wind wasnt as bad. My bike ride ended up being 11 miles total. Then, i helped my mom unload her truck that came into her store, lifting a lot of boxes. After that, i went home and drank another slim fast shake and went to my friends house to throw around the baseball. We tossed around the baseball for about a half hour. A couple hours later, at around 10 oclock at night, me and a couple of friends went to lift. I lifted chest and triceps today. This is what my work out looked like:

warmup: 10 pushups, 10 crunches, strech
incline dumbell flys: 4x10 (20lbs, 20lbs, 25lbs, 30lbs)
decline dumbell press: 4x10 (30lbs, 35lbs, 40lbs, 45lbs)
decline dumbell flys: 3x10 (20lbs, 20lbs, 25lbs)
skull crushers-bar: 3x10 (10lbs a side, 15lbs a side, 20lbs a side)
tricep push down: 3x10 (60lbs, 70lbs, 80lbs)
tricep pullout: 3x10 (60lbs, 70lbs, 80lbs)
ab circuit:
ab crunch machine: 4x20 (170lbs, 190lbs, 210lbs, 215lbs)
dumbell side bends: 4x10 a side (40 lbs, 45 lbs, 45lbs, 50 lbs)
pullup leg crunches: 4x10
core press: 4x30 secs

In all, my work out took 1 hour and 40 minutes. I then came home. I would usually drink a protein shake after this, but im all out right now.

RECAP:
-cardio: 11 mile bike ride (40 mins) and throwing baseball (30 mins)
-food: 2 slim fast shakes, a grilled chicken breast, 2 scrambled eggs, 4 slices of white toast, and an order of french fries.
-lift: chest and triceps, with abs (1 hour and 40 mins) and lifting boxes (40 mins)

So there you have it. Those are my first 2 days to start my cut. I know i can do this if i put my mind to it. That is why i will be posting my everyday work outs and stuff on here, to keep me motivated. Any incite or advice from you guys is always welcome too! Thanks guys.

cawiau
05-31-2007, 07:13 AM
You seemed to have this under control so I wish you the best of luck.
But question : Are you sure you are eating enough?

thickmasss
05-31-2007, 07:20 AM
Why not try eating healthy food, not junk food?
I'd say the results would be much more impressive.

Instead of Slim Fast, why not a protein shake?

nbagod_2006
05-31-2007, 01:03 PM
Im trying to slowly transition my eating habits. I tried going cold turkey from all the crap i use to eat before, and it didnt work as well. So im gonna try and lean off the crap food one at a time. Id say by the end of this week, i should be eating completely healthy. And, to the protein shake question, i need to get paid first before i can buy more protein. Paying for college, i found myself with no money right now. So ill try and buy some protein at the end of the week.

nbagod_2006
05-31-2007, 10:39 PM
--June 1, 2007--

Today, i woke up and had a Slim fast shake. I really didnt do much the whole day, except hang out with a few friends. At around 8oclock pm, i went to subway and got a footlong Italian BMT on Italian Herb and Cheese bread because i had a cupon. This totalled out to 900 calories with 50 grams of protein. I was a little afraid that im failing in terms of my nutrition goals, but seeings how this was the only thing i actually ate today, besides the shake, i figured it wasnt the worst thing in the world. Especially seesing how i knew i would burn it off later. I still would like to improve my nutrition though. After that, about an hour or so later, i went down to the gym and started lifting with my friends. Today, i worked my biceps and my back, and then ran 35 minutes for 3.14 miles on the tredmill afterwards. This is what my workout looked like today:

warmup: 10 pushups, 10 crunches, stretching
standing dumbells: 4x10 (20lbs, 25lbs, 30lbs, 35lbs)
cable bicep pullup: 3x10 (60lbs, 70lbs, 80lbs)
E-Z bar sit curl: 3x10 (10lbs a side, 12.5lbs a side, 15lbs a side)
incline hammer curls until failure: (25lbs, 20lbs, 15lbs, 10lbs)
back extension: 4x10 (150lbs, 162.5lbs, 175lbs, 187.5lbs)
lat pulldown: 3x10 (75lbs, 87.5lbs, 100lbs)
low row: 3x10 (70lbs, 80lbs, 90lbs)
deltoid raise machine: 4x10 (40lbs, 50lbs, 60lbs, 70lbs)
cardio: 35 minute run on tredmill (3.14 miles, 467 calories)

After my 2 hour work out, i came home and had a slim fast shake. I am looking to rotate these out in a few days with protein shakes. I will go to either Vitaeman World or GNC this weekend and pick up some more protein, as i know im lacking it for the workouts i am doing.

RECAP:
-cardio: 35 minute run for 3.14 miles and 467 calories burned
-food: 2 slim fast shakes, foot long sub from subway
-lift: 1 hour and 30 minute lift for biceps and back

nbagod_2006
07-05-2007, 09:56 PM
God, i guess i kind of neglected to post on my log. But that dosent mean that i havent been working out. Im still going strong and am down to 205 lbs from the 214 lbs i was at.