PDA

View Full Version : DIRTY bulk

jerkamania
05-30-2007, 08:09 AM
I think this thread has been done many times but oh well....Anyway, I have been bulking for around a month now, and i do not do a clean bulk like many of u guys suggest one to do. I eat as much as i can as many times a day and my size is increasing well(muscle mass). Of course, my fat also increase but not much. I was wondering, is dirty bulk alright? Is there any negative effect by doing so? any help will be appreciated. thanks!

P>S : Will be cutting in the future.

Hallock
05-30-2007, 08:15 AM
Depending on some people's genetics/metabolism, you can watch then down a Crave Case from White Castle and they'll experience acceptable gains. For most people though, dirty bulk is a bad idea. You migh experience okay gains the first few months--which are mainly attributed to you beginner gains--but after that, on comes the jiggle.

If you aren't going to eat clean for your musculature, you should for your heart and body.

jerkamania
05-30-2007, 08:22 AM
If you aren't going to eat clean for your musculature, you should for your heart and body.

Yup, ur right, however, i do not simply eat crap. lol. I try to eat "as healthy as possible" currently. Thanks anyway for the advice. Well...no harm....repped! =D

jerkamania
05-30-2007, 08:40 AM
Anyone else?

jerkamania
05-30-2007, 09:06 AM
bump

Foreigner
05-30-2007, 09:10 AM
dirty bulking is stupid in my opinion. Makes no sense. We want to stay lean and gain, thats why we clean bulk. If you just want to get fat - then go ahead and dirty bulk. Dirty bulking is like cheat days in my opinion.

dball
05-30-2007, 09:15 AM
It depends on what your long term goals are and your current body compostion. If you plan to compete in the next 6-12 months you will have to eventually cut down and if you don't afford yourself enough time to cut down and have to go overboard on cardio, you will lose a lot of the muscle you worked so hard to put on.

My suggestion (again depending on your currnet shape) would be try to eat clean but increase you your caloric intake.

eyesonly
05-30-2007, 09:26 AM
What's the reason for the dirty bulk? Since you say you don't eat crap, I'm assuming that you eat clean for several meals but go all out on one or two? The biggest difficulty I see with a dirty bulk is the increase in difficulty of knowing what your caloric intake actually is. Most people dirty bulk by eating out and just ordering whatever they feel like, thereby not keeping track of calories. Since you're probably not going to heed any advice which says to not dirty bulk, my suggestion is to keep your caloric intake within 500 cals over maintenance and you'll limit your fat gain a bit. That's the best advice I can offer.

Suprcharg
05-30-2007, 09:58 AM
@ 15 years old, I think you can just about eat whatever the hell you want. Just make sure you are getting all of your protein and vitamins packed in there.

4jacks
05-30-2007, 10:05 AM
@ 15 years old, I think you can just about eat whatever the hell you want. Just make sure you are getting all of your protein and vitamins packed in there.

Yeah I kinda agree at 15 your body can definitely rebound from any garbage that you feed it. I know mine certainly has. But speaking from experience it is a really bad idea to completely dirty bulk. You should start some healthy eating habits as soon as possible. The longer you go, the harder it is to start.

johnnyironboard
05-30-2007, 10:30 AM
I don't think getting fat is good.

NC_Tarheel
05-30-2007, 10:35 AM
I'd advise to start good habits now so when your metabolism starts to slow down you will have a head start on it!! And yes I do speak from experience!!

jerkamania
05-30-2007, 06:43 PM
Thanks a lot guys. Yup! I will start eating healthier from now on. peace =D