PDA

View Full Version : Routine and Diet for 39 Year Old Woman

hepennypacker52
06-30-2004, 08:02 PM
This is kind of a lifting/nutrition question, but my mom's more concerned with fat loss, so I'll put this here.

My mom's 39, and a little overweight (not huge or anything, but she wants to lose a lot). Can somebody please give me any links/advice for her as far as a training regimen, cardio, and fat loss diet? She doesn't want to be a bb or anything, she just wants to get in shape and lose some fat. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

imperfectly_lou
06-30-2004, 09:50 PM
I would recommend she check out the Body for Life program and book by Bill Phillips. Definitely get the book - it is a good source of basic training and nutrition information for the beginner.

goddezz
07-01-2004, 05:59 AM
I agree. I am 39 and started with BFL also. It is a very good program for a beginner and teaches you basic cardio, exercises and nutrition. And she'll look forward to the free day (although my bet is she won't take it as I've found it is just too upsetting to the tummy after eating clean) :)

goddezz
07-01-2004, 06:08 AM
I agree. I am 39 and started with BFL also. It is a very good program for a beginner and teaches you basic cardio, exercises and nutrition. And she'll look forward to the free day (although my bet is she won't take it as I've found it is just too upsetting to the tummy after eating clean) :)

hepennypacker52
07-01-2004, 11:07 AM
Thanks, any other free links or anything?

Xanatos
07-01-2004, 07:35 PM
How much does she weigh? What is her estimated body fat? Can she eat 6 SMALL meals a day? What times does she have available to workout?

hepennypacker52
07-02-2004, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos
How much does she weigh? What is her estimated body fat? Can she eat 6 SMALL meals a day? What times does she have available to workout?

I'm not sure on the weight, she's 5'3, I'm guessing about 160 maybe. I have no idea on BF. She can eat 6 small meals a day, and she works out and walks on our treadmill in the morning.