PDA

View Full Version : Recipes

jupiterecho
06-30-2004, 06:44 PM
Hello everyone! I had a neat idea - well neat to me - and you guys may want to try it or maybe you already do it - my friends and I are all sharing our pre-contest recipes to give one another ideas on what to eat for those grueling 12-16 weeks before a show and we have come up with some great stuff that spices up the ol chicken/oatmeal and broc**** thing. Does anyone else do this or does anyone have any good recipes they have put into their precontest diet? Would love to get some new food ideas. Thanks!

alpha-LG
06-30-2004, 10:27 PM
Well, I've never competed before , but one of the yummiest (and easiest) ways I prepare extra lean ground turkey is in a nonstick pan with a couple of spoons of sugar free Hickory BBQ sauce, and a slice of fat free cheese. The sauce and cheese melt into each other, and coat the turkey. It's quick and yummy.

buffchick
07-04-2004, 01:11 AM
I'd definately be interested in reading your recipes, but unfortunately mine are very boring (read grilled chicken and veggies) I've got some OK ones for pretty far out (like 12-16 weeks) but they're not too great for any time closer than that.

Girlie
07-05-2004, 08:33 AM
I don't compete or anything, but I really like to cook. I'm not entirely sure what you're allowed to eat pre-competition, but if eggs, peanut butter (organic no sugar added), and splenda are ok, I know two fun recipes for cookies that make good "portable protein."

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
1 c peanut butter
1 c splenda ( I use slightly less to avoid an aftertaste ~3/4 c)
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda

Cream peanut butter with splenda. Stir in egg and baking soda. Drop by teaspoonfuls on cookie sheet. (At this point you can flatten them with a fork if you want to.)

Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 min. Cool.

Meringue Cookies
4 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1 c splenda

Beat egg whites until foamy. Add vanilla extract and cream of tartar. Beat until mixture forms soft beaks. Add Splenda a little at a time.

Drop meringue by teaspoonfuls onto parchment paper covered cookie sheet. Bake at 225 degrees F for 1 hour. Cool.

Hope these help (I also have some good spice combinations for chicken before grilling and a good vegetable soup recipe if you're tired of steamed veggies.)

jupiterecho
07-07-2004, 02:08 PM
Yumm - the merangue (sp?) cookies sound great! Splenda has been a lifesaver for me in contest time! Will try the cookies after diet.
There is a book out called Stella's kitchen that can livin' up chicken and fish quite a bit if anyone is interested!