PDA

View Full Version : In 2 weeks...

oorah_79
05-29-2007, 05:29 PM
I have an important full pads full contact camp (football) coming up in about 2 weeks and I was wondering how some of you prepare or haved prepared, lifting and running/conditioning wise. My weight and shyt is in the sig.

farzamk
05-29-2007, 06:10 PM
As time winds down decrease training intensity which is called "tapering."

You want to increase caloric intake from protein/complex carbohydrates as well as training decreases.

I have never done a football camp, but I can tell you that you should decrease sets of lifting as time winds down and keep the reps 3-5, use tempo runs (50-80% speed running) over 100-400m distances to keep yourself in shape, and for this week do 2 sessions and maybe one short session next week do a few light sprints about 3x10m and 3x40yds. You can lift after doing your sprints/tempos.

I would also increase sleeping time by about an hour per day and also rest about 2 days this week and every other day the next. The two days before your camp you should be fully resting and stretching.

You can use this for big competitions as well.

kevn594
05-29-2007, 07:10 PM
i completely agree with farzamk on this one. lighten your load the week before. iv been to many padded and nonpadded camps. id really rest up the week before and maybe some light conditioning. you're there to prove yourself so dont walk in sore and overtrained. you've got some good stats too. what camp is this for?

G-Skittles
05-29-2007, 07:18 PM
Damn man..now youve got me worried, ive been pretty lax this summer with everything and you reminded me camp is coming up.

Full pads..100 degree weather..99% humidity..Florida.

frobro
05-29-2007, 07:31 PM
I think sled dragging is great for conditioning. Helps with strength endurance as well as total body conditioning.