PDA

View Full Version : Soda Question

Glim
05-29-2007, 09:20 AM
So, in my never ending battle to kick Dr Pepper, I always cold turkey it one day and do well for a while.

I use to drink tons of soda, 4-5 per day, all during work. Im not in terrible shape as I play Ice hockey 4 nights per week, but my question is this.

Everytime i stop drinking soda, i get terrible headaches, All day lasting headaches.. I do drink probably half gallon of water per day, and more on hockey days.

Has anyone experienced this??.. Is it some type of withdrawl from the mass amount of caffiene or sugar that my body is custom to from drinking this crap

I mean its pretty simple, Drink so-- no headaches, quit soda, Headahces
I dont want to drink Soda period, Not even diet, Soda destroys my endurance during Hockey, but quiting = headaches..

Dman45
05-29-2007, 09:31 AM
Your brain is addicted to it.. You just have to stop drinking it for a while and the headaches will go away.. Caffeine can be a pretty powerfull drug, my gf cant function unless she has a coffe in the morning.

breathingsky
05-29-2007, 09:44 AM
I experienced the same thing when I went off coffee. It's probably just a caffeine withdraw headache that will go away after a couple of days.

mrselfde_struct
05-29-2007, 10:08 AM
yup, your body has an addiction to it, the headaches are caused by stress becauae your body hasent had its daily dossage.. i recomend to slowly kick the habit, less cravings that way and less strugle not to have one in the future.

Same thing happened to me when slowed down on my coffee drinking, now i have one cup a day only on the morning i work. on my days off i skip it totally.. try and cycle it i guess. that way i dont become dependtent of it.

damn thats alot of cola.. and you just drink regular or diet? DAMN!

Glim
05-29-2007, 10:35 AM
Yeah, its alot of soda, I know.

I have a stressful job but need to look to other ways to help calm me down rather then food. Its no mystery why I have jumped from a solid 165 to fat 200 over the past few years.. Imagine if I wasnt playing so much hockey. Id be a real mess. We have a gym here, so I started light running at lunch to help de stress. I also hit the gym in the mornings now, which starts me out at a lower level of stress

I also thought another way to help kick the habit was to take a half dose of a fat burner (which has caffiene). Im hoping that helps the cravings and obviously 600 calories less per day would be nice. Any thoughts on that idea?

About a month ago I went down to one-two soda per day. I now sit at 195ish
Now my goal is no soda. Without soda, wieght lifting, better diet and hockey, I hope to hit 180ish by the end of august and 165 by end of year.

I sware though, its like liquid crack and can really ruin an entire program or goal