PDA

View Full Version : Calorie Intake question

honeedee
06-27-2004, 02:39 PM
Hello, everyone. I am new to this forum :) Right now, my goal is to lose weight (approx 30lbs or so). Currently, I am eating approx 1500-1600 cals/day and following 40/30/30 plan. I don't eat any "white food" as in white bread, white rice, potatoes, pasta. My questions is, is my calorie intake to high? Should I decrease it by a couple hundred calories? Btw, i'm also trying to start exercising again, this includes: 30 minutes brisk walk/slow job 5X/week, Total body strength training with light-mod weights 3X/week. Any expert advice on nutrition/diet for weight/fat loss would be greatly appreciated :)

Signe
06-27-2004, 04:40 PM
I don't know your height/weight, but your cals are probably too low if you are trying to lose 30 lb. How many cals were you eating before? I assume you just recently cut them.

Let me put it this way - I weighed 147 at the beginning of June. I weigh 142 now. I'm losing 1-2 lbs a week. And I eat 1800 cals per day, no less. When I tried to eat only 1500, I was miserable and didn't lose an ounce.

Please, please, please don't be afraid to eat!

wildman536
06-27-2004, 04:49 PM
Bump. (Weight/Height/Age)

What is Your MealPlan Like?

honeedee
06-27-2004, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the replies gals. Btw, I'm 5"2 and approx 154 lbs (YIKES). I really don't know what my previous calorie intake was before all this. All I can say was my previous diet contained alot of sugar, fat etc....junk food. This is what my meal plan looks now..

Breakfast: 2 Eggs, Whey Protein Shake
S: 1 Cup berries
Lunch: 4 oz fish/chicken
Lotsa vegies (broc****, lettuce, asparagus etc)
1tbsp Flaxseed oil, lemon, vinegar dressing
S: Whey Protein Shake with 1 cup berries and 5 ml flaxseed oil
D: 4 oz fish/chicken
Vegies
10 ml flaxseed oil, lemon, vinegar dressing
S: Whey protein shake

I also have ground flaxseed (approx 3 tbsp/day) in my shakes or on top of vegies etc.

My goal is to lose 2-3 pounds a week.....i'm trying to get down to about 120. I really want to get back in shape!

wildman536
06-27-2004, 10:24 PM
((Not a Gal))) but

I Think that your New MealPlan Looks Good you should Get Maybe a Half a Can of Tuna or Something with your Snack in the Morning.

Other than That i Like It.

Signe
06-28-2004, 09:48 AM
Your new meal plan looks pretty good. I would recommend adding 1/3 or 1/2 c (dry measure) oatmeal with the eggs for breakfast, and drink the protein shake with the berries for snack #1. I usually scramble a bunch of egg whites instead of eating whole eggs. They're really good scrambled with salsa. Maybe add 1/2 c brown rice to your lunch too. Including some healthy complex carbs will help ensure that you don't feel super deprived all the time.

Definitely don't drop your cals below 1800. Trust me - I made this mistake (and I was exactly where you are now) and all it did was give me a binging problem to fight.

honeedee
06-28-2004, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the suggestions Signe! I will definitly try and incorporate them. I still feel 1800 cals seem alot tho, but I c your point....don't want to go into starvation mode :)

katemonaco
06-29-2004, 02:12 AM
i notice that you're not eating any complex carbs like brown rice and just fibrous carbs. I understand that you're on a 40/30/30 diet but not all carbs are bad. You are also getting too much protein shakes. It's better to eat food. Instead of 3 protein shakes a day, you can have 1 and substitute the rest with real food. cottage cheese, pb. . .