PDA

View Full Version : diet info neede

toothfairey
06-26-2004, 01:22 PM
i am 52 years old and i joined golds gym end of may, alos started weight watchers around yhe same time. i have lost inches but only 3 lbs. since then.
i do the circut machines 3x a week 3 reps of 15 on all the machines all around 20 lbs. except for back extention (50 lbs) and ab. curl (50 lbs.) then i do treadmill & elliptical for a total of 30-40 min. 6 days a week. i'm not loosing fast enough and was thinking of the south beach diet anyone with some advice for me would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thunder_Bunny
06-26-2004, 01:29 PM
Seperate your lifting days from your cardio days.

Also, do not use weight as a measurement of progress. Judge by inches and how you look. Muscle is smaller than fat, but weighs more and you're probably building muscle.

Also, what is your diet like?

toothfairey
06-26-2004, 01:36 PM
i am doing weight watchers and trying to have more protien i have a breakfast bar before the gym and then a egg white with spinach and feta and some sliced tomatoes, lunch is ww bread and small amount of low fat meat, fruits and veggies and dinner is meat and veggies i eat my 20pts. for the day and use my flex points also for the week, i am wearing some clothes i could not wear in april, and my goal is to be a size 6 in august for my wedding(but i do not think i will be) my boss stated the sbd and has lost 4 lbs in 2 days, now i'm discouraged!