PDA

View Full Version : Counting Protein/Carbs

BigDaza
06-25-2004, 01:52 AM
I am trying to be more focused when it comes to the nutritional side of things eg food recording. I find it simple to record and count items when it is simple things like a tin of tuna or a breast of chicken etc, but how do u's guys record a combination serving eg pasta with onions, mushrooms & peppers?? Do any of the more exerianced members have any suggestions on how to simplify things? Any websites or books that will assist me with my goals?? We all know that if the diet aint right we might as well pack up and go home. Thanks.

imperfectly_lou
06-25-2004, 02:09 AM
I count each ingredient separately... some things are fairly negligble e.g. if I throw a couple of mushrooms in, it isn't worth counting, but I usually have 100g per portion of veggies which I DO count. I write it all down in my training journal but the info is available at www.calorieking.com or www.fitday.com

BigDaza
06-25-2004, 05:15 AM
Lou have you ever used the computerised evrsion to log ur food? Do you think it is a good idea or just another gimic. Great webs sites all the same thanks alot!!

ChocoChick
06-25-2004, 10:07 AM
I use the USDA site to look up nutritional values and then I keep all my most frequently used recipes in an Excel spreadsheet. That way, I can easily adjust for the fact that I ate more one time than I did another (I divide the recipe into servings and figure how many I had). I found that fitday requires too many steps but maybe I am just lazy!