PDA

View Full Version : Beginner Program Looking to Advance

Angel13907
06-24-2004, 03:24 PM
I am 21 and have just started lifting weights consitantly since probably about January this year. I have been doing upper body 1 day and then lower body the next day. Although from what I have been reading I see that I should probably split that up more. I also try to do cardio for 30 mins. about 3 times per week. I don't want to compete yet, but I find that to work towards that is a very inspirational goal. My workout now is something like this.

Upper Body
Bench Press 3x15
Lat Pulldown 3x10
Shoulder Raises 3x10
Lateral Shoulder Raises 3x10
Concentration Curls 3x8
Tricep Extensions 3x15

Lower Body
Squats 3x15
Leg Extensions 3x15
Lunges 3x10
Standing Curls 3x15
Standing Calf Raises 3x15

This is approximate. For my last set I always go to failure, so it might be a different number of reps. I have a home gym and so try to use that, but I find that it is lacking in a lot of areas and so I was thinking about joining a gym. I have seen some nice results on my upper body and some definition on my lower body(but I know I need to lose more fat on my legsto be able to see more definition). I just wanted general advice and how to step up my workout and to really work towards gaining muscle.

tango650
06-25-2004, 06:07 AM
You mentioned that you might join a gym. Perhaps that is they way to go if it suits you, but either way maybe you might think about hiring a PT (personal trainer) for a few session to set you up qith a roytine gearded to your level of fitness. They can show you more exercises and give you great ideas of combinations, splits etc. I think it is well worth the cost of you are uncertain.

tango