PDA

View Full Version : Yogurt or Cottage Cheese



Maximum6
06-23-2004, 07:41 PM
I was wondering....if on a cut....which one would be best.....or is Cottage Cheese on a whole other level because it has casein or something..? Does Yogurt have it? I've been looking at the HOOD's products and they intrique me. They even have no salt cottage cheese..

taffer
06-23-2004, 08:43 PM
cottage cheese is far better than yoghurt, more protein, which is slower digesting (anti-catabolic)

Brosef
06-24-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by taffer
cottage cheese is far better than yoghurt, more protein, which is slower digesting (anti-catabolic)

Although both come from the same milk, which means the same casein, but yogurt has a lot less sodium.

devman27
06-24-2004, 03:04 PM
Cottage cheese is FAR superior to yogurt. Not only does it have much more protein, but it has almost zero sugary grams of carbs, whereas yogurt can have upwards of 40g. I eat Friendship's 1% No Salt Added cottage cheese (50 mg sodium per 1/2 cup) and it tastes amazing.

mojo85
06-24-2004, 04:02 PM
i eat both, mix them togother, 1/2 cottage cheese and some fat free yoghurt.

Maximum6
06-24-2004, 04:29 PM
ehhh..check out hood's yogurt....their French Vanilla Flavor has no sugar at all.....and carbs i think....and has 12 g of protein per container...just like 1 serving of cottage cheese.

ButterBoi
06-24-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by mojo85
i eat both, mix them togother, 1/2 cottage cheese and some fat free yoghurt.
I wanna try that. Is it good?

mojo85
06-25-2004, 06:36 AM
Its extremly good, in that fat free cottage cheese as so little taste IMO that the yoghurt completly blocks it out (not that i dont like the taste, which i do). I dont even taste the cheese, its just like your eating yoghurt by itself. I highly reccommend. Right now I eat it with rasberry but planning on trying Blueberry soon.

Just scoop out half cup of cheese and put in on one side of the bowl, poor in enough yoghurt on the other half, scoop up the cheese first, then the yoghurt second so its on top and chow down mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm orgasmic!

taffer
06-25-2004, 03:35 PM
just remember to buy the artificially sweetned yoghurt, or plain, cos you dont want those nasty sugars!

ButterBoi
06-25-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by mojo85
Its extremly good, in that fat free cottage cheese as so little taste IMO that the yoghurt completly blocks it out (not that i dont like the taste, which i do). I dont even taste the cheese, its just like your eating yoghurt by itself. I highly reccommend. Right now I eat it with rasberry but planning on trying Blueberry soon.

Just scoop out half cup of cheese and put in on one side of the bowl, poor in enough yoghurt on the other half, scoop up the cheese first, then the yoghurt second so its on top and chow down mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm orgasmic!
Cant I just mix it together instead of 1 bite of CC and then one bite of yogurt?

alan aragon
06-25-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by mojo85
i eat both, mix them togother, 1/2 cottage cheese and some fat free yoghurt.
add some kashi 7 in the morning or grapenuts to that mix. mmmmm, now THAT's some good shyt. if you're carbophobic, just close your ears while i talk.

footballjunior
06-25-2004, 07:44 PM
no/low fat cc, strawberries and splenda-i have it like 3 times a day-um um um um um....

taffer
06-25-2004, 08:36 PM
i just tried low-fat cc with splenda, i had to add like half the pack to get any taste.....but it tasted nice :)

mojo85
06-25-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by ButterBoi
Cant I just mix it together instead of 1 bite of CC and then one bite of yogurt?

Thats what i mean, CC and Yoghurt in one bite, but like cc on the bottem of the spoon and yoghurt on top. I find with the yoghurt on top it hits your tongue first, blocks the taste out and its just like eating yoghurt.....wow, i didnt think cc eating would be so technical :P