PDA

View Full Version : More or less cardio

buffchick
06-23-2004, 05:03 PM
What do you guys think about the debate about whether to do more or less cardio for maximum fat loss? I'm cutting now and in the past I've always done lots of high intensity and interval cardio in cutting phases, but now I'm hearing soooo much about 16 or 20 minutes of cardio 3x a week, that I'm not sure if I should maybe try that. (I've always been successful with lots before, but wouldn't mind making it easier

imperfectly_lou
06-23-2004, 07:56 PM
I used to do TONS of cardio...... In the past few months, I have cut my cardio right down, and I haven't seen any negative impacts whatsoever. It has allowed me to keep building muscle, but at the same time, I have only gained very minimal fat ()and that is likely because of my higher calories).

I know you are talking about cutting, but I seriously recommend HIIT. I am doing 2-3 sessions a week of REALLY high intensity HIIT, 21mins. I am also doing one day of steady state cardio which is a BodyCombat class. I much much prefer the way I do my cardio now. Even though I love running etc, why do it in 40mins when you can do it in 21??

buffchick
06-24-2004, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to try cutting back.