PDA

View Full Version : Please Critique my Nutrition Diary.

Kat69
06-21-2004, 05:38 PM
Morning
All bran cereal
Soymilk
Banana

Snack
Protein Shake

Lunch
Green Salad (large)
3 oz Chicken Breast
1/3 cup Couscous

Snack
handful almonds
apple

Dinner
3 oz chicken
green beans

Snack
Protein Shake

I weight 150 at 5'4 and am trying to drop weight, I may consume between 1200-1400 a day. I take a multivitamin each day and 1 tbsp flaxseed oil in the a.m. to keep my omega 3's in me.

Ms. Lucy
06-22-2004, 04:17 AM
If you're active you definetly need more calories!! I hung on to the eat less, exercise mentality for a long time and got nowhere. AT 5'3 and 142, my weight never changed while eating 1200-1400 cals. It wasn't untit I bumped up cals to 1500-1800 that I started to see progress. If you've stalled, you may want to consider giving yourself more to eat.

Overall, I think the foods you are choosing look pretty good. It seems like a bit more protein than carbs, but that works for some people. if you're active and seem tired, maybe try adding some more complex carbs such as oatmeal or brown rice and see how you go! Also I personally prefer real foods to protien shakes, but that's just me, and it's hard to make so many mini meals! Lastly, it's great to see the green veggies, but since you didn't put portion size, make sure you get enough of them!!

But again, looks pretty good! I'm not sure if you use this, but many people here track their meals through www.fitday.com to see exactly how many cals/carbs/protein/fat they are getting and I've found it extremely useful!

Hope that helps!

Kat69
06-23-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Ms. Lucy
If you're active you definetly need more calories!! I hung on to the eat less, exercise mentality for a long time and got nowhere. AT 5'3 and 142, my weight never changed while eating 1200-1400 cals. It wasn't untit I bumped up cals to 1500-1800 that I started to see progress. If you've stalled, you may want to consider giving yourself more to eat.

Overall, I think the foods you are choosing look pretty good. It seems like a bit more protein than carbs, but that works for some people. if you're active and seem tired, maybe try adding some more complex carbs such as oatmeal or brown rice and see how you go! Also I personally prefer real foods to protien shakes, but that's just me, and it's hard to make so many mini meals! Lastly, it's great to see the green veggies, but since you didn't put portion size, make sure you get enough of them!!

But again, looks pretty good! I'm not sure if you use this, but many people here track their meals through www.fitday.com to see exactly how many cals/carbs/protein/fat they are getting and I've found it extremely useful!

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much for the suggestions Ms. Lucy, I really appreciate it. I do try to eat healthy. I was a junkfood junky when I was with my boyfriend. We broke up and I started drinking more and eating more and the result was 15 extra lbs I didn't need. I'll try to add at least 200 more calories to my diet and see how I feel, thanks again for your guidance.