PDA

View Full Version : my injury: diagnosed!

tbomb
06-16-2004, 04:46 PM
heres the deal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=286422

went to the doc today. his diagnosis was a "slipped rib" (http://www.prolonews.com/slipping_rib_syndrome.htm) yikes! but at least it wasnt fractured or anything. i told him i did it the day i worked chest/tris, and he said "its very common to do that when bench pressing." then i mentioned that i do weighted dips, and he kinda looked at me like i should have known better, heh.

bottom line: anti-inflammatories twice a day for a week. back in the gym in 2 weeks, and take anti-inflammatories as needed. should be back at 100% in a few weeks.

FiveOneNine
06-16-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by tbomb

bottom line: anti-inflammatories twice a day for a week. back in the gym in 2 weeks, and take anti-inflammatories as needed. should be back at 100% in a few weeks.

Full recovery then? Are there any permanent side effects?

Were you the one who I suggested that it might be slipped-rib? That's awesome if you are. I should be a doctor. :)

stgeorge5_8
06-16-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by FiveOneNine

Were you the one who I suggested that it might be slipped-rib? That's awesome if you are. I should be a doctor. :)

519.. sensational prognosis...very impressive.

tbomb
06-17-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by FiveOneNine

yep, full recovery...at least in my case. i asked him specifically if there will be any permanent damage and he said "no, you should be fully healed in a few weeks."

yeah, that was me that you suggested that to :D

LeighL3
05-22-2010, 08:04 PM
yep, full recovery...at least in my case. i asked him specifically if there will be any permanent damage and he said "no, you should be fully healed in a few weeks."

yeah, that was me that you suggested that to :D

It might Not seem permanent... But once you have a slipped rib, your ligaments are stretched and you'll be at risk to deal with it again. One of mine slipped in 07... I hadn't had problems until last year and I had kids hanging on me - the same rib slipped again. It went back into place then I was in two wrecks in one month and the same rib slipped... This time it's permanent. I've been going to the chiropractor for four months for this and it's not getting better. It's not a fun feeling. At first it felt like a stabbing feeling in my lung every time I took a breath. Now it feels like a butter knife stuck in between my ribs. It's more annoying than anything - certain positions - ESP when working out - it hurts.