PDA

View Full Version : I'm going camping this wknd. What foods to bring?

rainieravesouth
05-24-2007, 10:27 AM
So every memorial day wknd I go camping with friends/family. This will be the first year that I'm going to eat as clean as possible. What are some good clean foods that I can bring? what would you bring?

Thanks in advance your help is much appreciated!

KryptoKnight
05-24-2007, 10:40 AM
If you plan on bringing some raw meat, pack some chicken breast, lean ground beef, lean turkey, steak etc. As for carbs, WW bread does the trick, but baked potatoes (both sweet and idaho) would be great for camp fires. I'm assuming that you might be cooking almost all your food on a bbq, or maybe just a camp fire (I don't know how hardcore you guys do it)

But anyways, camping is great.

Mises
05-24-2007, 10:42 AM
have fun man, it's only for this week. Normally camping food is easily made food like chicken and eggs for the morning. If I was you I wouldn't worry to much about eating "clean" while camping with family. Just have fun enjoy the time out there and don't stress about it. You can worry about all that when you get back.

enjoy...

rainieravesouth
05-24-2007, 10:50 AM
I actually wont be the one cooking that much....im going with my gf and her family and well, they dont eat that clean! there will be a lot of junk food and what not......im trying find things that wont spoil and that dont really need to be cooked...i guess "clean snacks"

most of the foods that i usually eat need prep work and need to be cooked ie chix breasts, meat...

i'll definitely bring some whole grain bread, natty pb, whey, want to try and bring veggies....almonds..tuna packets...what else should i bring?

KryptoKnight
05-24-2007, 10:52 AM
i'll definitely bring some whole grain bread, natty pb, whey, want to try and bring veggies....almonds..tuna packets...what else should i bring?

That all looks great. If you wanna make your own protein bars (or buy some good ones) that would be a good idea as well. And eat some potatoes if there are any being cooked! Nothing wrong with white potatoes.

rainieravesouth
05-24-2007, 10:54 AM
do you all just not worry about eating clean when on trips? because i just end up binging the entire trip. and that will just throw a wrench into my plans...

KryptoKnight
05-24-2007, 10:57 AM
I try not to binge, but I eat CLEANER (not my regular clean eating). If I am having a very unhealthy meal, I will try not to over consume, but I will try to get my protein in at least. So if you think you're skimping on the protein, add a whey shake in there.

skydiver
05-24-2007, 11:09 AM
I would bring plenty of nuts and fruits to snack on

rainieravesouth
05-24-2007, 11:09 AM
cool thanks for your help!!!

AdamBigWang
05-24-2007, 11:49 AM
OATS! By far the easiest thing 2 take, all you will is water as well and you can eat them fine raw.

I wouldnt bother with whey as in my opinion your friends wont percieve it well, maybe just bring something canned so theres no worries about refrigiration, so tuna and salmon.

Hope that helps

GP2001
05-24-2007, 12:37 PM
I would take some beef jerky with you if I were you, like you said nuts are good, protein bars, stuff like that. I'm sure eating somewhat clean won't be too hard, grilled chicken, steak, burger, potato are all ok things. I would'nt advise having a burger or a white potato everyday, but for this week it isn't gonna kill you. If they have it, try to just have turkey burgers, which are fine for you, sweet potatoes are good in comparison to white, all that stuff. There was a thread a while ago about healthy snack for a road trip, and there were some good ideas in there, i'll try to find it for you. Try to keep up on your activity level while your there and you should be fine. Everybody has to slack off sometimes, or else you'll go crazy! ( Not advising that this is a good opportunity for a gigantic week long binge :D ) Have fun!!

Edit: Heres a thread about good snacks http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2027911