PDA

View Full Version : Paki123's Football and Weightloss log

paki123
05-23-2007, 03:53 PM
!!!!!!My diet and my organization need help. Those are my main priority to be fixed. Please critique and fix them. A big confusion i have is that i do not know to eat first or excersise first. Please explain this. !!!!!!!!!

I am-

Weight:
146 Lbs average
(145 morning breakfast, 147 night)

Lean body weight: 129
Body fat: 18
% Body fat: 12.3
Source:http://www.flexyourmuscles.com/calc_fat.php

Height:6.0

I am moderatley chubby.

My goal is:
to be fast enough to get a wide reciever position by August.
to drop 10lbs of fat
to Get fit and strong to survive a hit.
to be 6% bodyfat
I was a tightend last year. My main goal is to be faster and Lose weight basically. Getting Physically fit and strong.

Here is my Daily Fitness Plan and possible Diet
My calorie consumption 2600
M-F
6:50ish- Wake up
7:00ish-
Breakfast:
1 egg
Bread with 1/2 a stick of butter(its a pakistani food called pratha) very good for muscle building because my dad has gotten results)
Orange Juice
Water
8:00Weight lift for 30 minutes-
-UpperBody
Biceps
Triceps
Pecs
Abs
- Lower body
Calves
Thighs
Glutes
Drink a protein shake
7:30ish-4-15(seeing how i develop, adding 1 extra minute every week)
HIIT workout( is that good?)
3 workouts each day
21 in one week

Drink a protein Shake

Go to school 8:45ish( yea that late and i am in high school)

12:00 pm
Lunch: New but i will start bringing lunch to school
Whey powder
2% milk
turkey sandwich with whole wheat bread, american cheese(should i add lettuce, i hate other veggies)
Tuna sandwich(if no turkey)
1 Boiled Egg

3:15ish(optional, if i have time):
I can do same amount of workouts like above but more. No cardio though. I will be in my school's workout room.

4:00 return to home

4:30:Snack
Whey milk or shake
turkey sandwich possibly( please help)

5:30: Weight Lifting (same as above)
I will do this unless homework or completely pooped out

Drink whey shake

6:00
HIIT Time

6:04-6:30
Protein shake

7:00
Dinner
Whatever my mom makes

9:00 Sleep

SATURDAY
when ever i Wake up:

right after I wake up:
Weight lift for 30 minutes-
-UpperBody
Biceps
Triceps
Pecs
Abs
- Lower body
Calves
Thighs
Glutes
Drink a protein shake

30 minutes after I wake up

VERY INTENSE HIIT WORKOUT AND A LONG ONE AS WELL
MAYBE AN HOUR

Drink whey shake

HIIT Time

Protein shake

Dinner

I think I will cut on Saturdays and Sundays

Sunday: it will be either same as Saturday or rest day
Which ever is better

That is my daily schedule. I will try to hold that up since i am a man of my morals.

Please. Help me with my diet. Also I will increase my weight limit by 5 pounds after every 2 weeks or when it gets to easy for me.

!!!!!!My diet and my organization need help. Those are my main priority to be fixed. Please critique and fix them. A big confusion i have is that i do not know to eat first or excersise first. Please explain this. !!!!!!!!!

I will start this plan on memorial day, and will post everyday after dinner. I will post Weight updates every week.

Thanks all help will be appreciated and most helpful comments will be rewarded.

Thank you all for reading.

"THIS IS SPARTA"
(hopefully i will have abs like that dood :) )

paki123
05-23-2007, 06:40 PM
eh?

heathershubby
05-23-2007, 06:45 PM
you need to eat before you workout. carbs and protien at least. You are eating away at muscle if you workout lifting first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.

paki123
05-24-2007, 04:06 AM
you need to eat before you workout. carbs and protien at least. You are eating away at muscle if you workout lifting first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.

If i eat first. Should i then lift, drink a protein shake and then run?

paki123
05-24-2007, 01:51 PM
huh? good? Anyone want to edit my diet or comment on it? i will switch eating and lifting.

Also this will come in affect starting memorial holiday.
I will post my pictures when i start my log officially and will update daily.

thundergut
05-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Well...

For starters, I think you should take care of your HIIT cardio in the morning like you were planning, and focus on the weights at 3:15 or 5:30 as you outlined. If you're interested in filling out your day, here's what I'd suggest for your eventual goal of moving to wide receiver.

7am - morning cardio
*Probably stick with something steady-state here. Get yourself awake and moving. Maybe a morning protein shake, nothing big. Maybe 1/2 - 1 scoop of protein with the appropriate amount of water 15-20 mins prior to this. You could eat at 7am and start cardio between 7:15 and 7:30. Get in a solid 30-45 mins of just jogging or running to keep your heart rate up. Maybe try fartlek's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fartlek).

8am - breakfast
*Not sure what pratha is, but anything made with an entire 1/2 stick of butter is begging to be cut from your diet. Stick to something with more protein. Bump up to 2-3 eggs, some turkey bacon (good protein, low fat) and maybe some whole wheat toast for your carb. OJ is just sugar carbs, drop it.

8:45am - school

12pm - lunch
*I'd say packing a lunch would be your best bet, unless you've got one of those health conscious cafeterias that actually serve healthy food along with the customary slop. Just go with the easiest thing you can make. Chicken breast, rice, and broccoli. Can of tuna, 2 slices of whole wheat bread, 1 tbsp fat free mayo. Anything like that. Keep yourself fed and you'll be good. I know it's hard to eat 5-6 times a day while in high school, so just do your best.

3:15pm - workout
*This is when I'd stick in the weights. If you're at the weight room in the gym and can't do cardio, this is a perfect time to take care of your iron. Go for high reps, medium weight. Wide receivers aren't huge, they're the wiry guys who go up after the ball, make cuts and whatnot. Don't hesitate to check your one-rep-max occasionally, but don't make a max-weight your ultimate goal. I'd take a PWO shake with 2 scoops of protein powder and maybe some creatine supp of your choice in it. You could do a pre-, during-, and post-workout drink. Just whatever your time and budget allow, but you definitely want a post-workout shake. Protein and dextrose from most info I've seen is a good mix.

4:30pm - snack at home
*Protein and don't be scared of some good carbs here. I'd hesitate to say do a protein shake, but you could do it. You always want to try and get most of your protein from real food, so depending on what you have for lunch, maybe you could throw a snack together. Turkey sandwich would probably be nice.

5:30pm - workout
*You don't want to do the weights twice in one day. You can, but I'd vote against it. This is the workout where I'd say work on your speed. Set up a spot on the field, or maybe mentally mark out a track in your neighborhood. Warm up for 5-10 minutes, and work on your sprints. Work on your acceleration. Do sprints from a dead stop (like a runners start, as if you're running off the line of scrimmage). Do sprints from a moderate jog (as if you're trying to fake out a CB by jogging and then breaking into a dead sprint to blow past him). I'd say easily do 10-20 sprints. You don't want to kill yourself, but you definitely want to get your muscles used to faster running/sprinting.

7pm - dinner

9pm - bed

It looks good overall to me, but if you're going for a wide-receiver body, you need to focus a little less on pounding iron, and a bit more on your speed work. The workouts and the cardio will take care of the bodyfat itself as long as you keep yourself properly fed.

Figure out your BMI and macros, and try to adjust your diet to make sure you're feeding the machine enough for it to work properly.

Hopefully this helps...

paki123
05-24-2007, 02:38 PM
THANKS SO MUCH!!! I WILL DEFINATLEY CHANGE. I am new to this whole thing. Glad i got this now before i started my log. Thanks so much.

paki123
05-24-2007, 03:50 PM
cmon guys please help. got great help before. more will be appreciated!!

paki123
05-24-2007, 06:31 PM
i will also make a new log when i start my plan. This is just so people would FIX my old diet or comment on it. To see if i am on the right track.

edawgz
05-25-2007, 08:29 AM

I am-

Weight:
146 Lbs average
(145 morning breakfast, 147 night)

Lean body weight: 129
Body fat: 18
% Body fat: 12.3
Source:http://www.flexyourmuscles.com/calc_fat.php

Height:6.0

I am moderatley chubby.

My goal is:
to be fast enough to get a wide reciever position by August.
to drop 10lbs of fat
to Get fit and strong to survive a hit.
to be 6% bodyfat
I was a tightend last year. My main goal is to be faster and Lose weight basically. Getting Physically fit and strong.

Here is my Daily Fitness Plan and possible Diet
My calorie consumption 2600
M-F
6:50ish- Wake up
7:00ish-
Breakfast:
1 egg
Bread with 1/2 a stick of butter(its a pakistani food called pratha) very good for muscle building because my dad has gotten results)
Orange Juice
Water
8:00Weight lift for 30 minutes-
-UpperBody
Biceps
Triceps
Pecs
Abs
- Lower body
Calves
Thighs
Glutes
Drink a protein shake
7:30ish-4-15(seeing how i develop, adding 1 extra minute every week)
HIIT workout( is that good?)
3 workouts each day
21 in one week

Drink a protein Shake

Go to school 8:45ish( yea that late and i am in high school)

12:00 pm
Lunch: New but i will start bringing lunch to school
Whey powder
2% milk
turkey sandwich with whole wheat bread, american cheese(should i add lettuce, i hate other veggies)
Tuna sandwich(if no turkey)
1 Boiled Egg

3:15ish(optional, if i have time):
I can do same amount of workouts like above but more. No cardio though. I will be in my school's workout room.

4:00 return to home

4:30:Snack
Whey milk or shake
turkey sandwich possibly( please help)

I will do this unless homework or completely pooped out

Drink whey shake

HIIT Time

Protein shake

Dinner
Whatever my mom makes

SATURDAY
when ever i Wake up:

right after I wake up:
Weight lift for 30 minutes-
-UpperBody
Biceps
Triceps
Pecs
Abs
- Lower body
Calves
Thighs
Glutes
Drink a protein shake

30 minutes after I wake up

VERY INTENSE HIIT WORKOUT AND A LONG ONE AS WELL
MAYBE AN HOUR

Drink whey shake

HIIT Time

Protein shake

Dinner

I think I will cut on Saturdays and Sundays

Sunday: it will be either same as Saturday or rest day
Which ever is better

That is my daily schedule. I will try to hold that up since i am a man of my morals.

Please. Help me with my diet. Also I will increase my weight limit by 5 pounds after every 2 weeks or when it gets to easy for me.

I will start this plan on memorial day, and will post everyday after dinner. I will post Weight updates every week.

Thanks all help will be appreciated and most helpful comments will be rewarded.

Thank you all for reading.

"THIS IS SPARTA"
(hopefully i will have abs like that dood :) )

If you lose 10 lbs, you'll be 135 lb. 135 lb for a 6' seems REALLY weird. You gotta pack on MAD muscle or you're gonna get crushed!!!

You're full body work out is only 30 mins??? is that even possible? do you even feel sore? do you do like one set per exercise? There's no way you'll lose weight if you consume 2600 cals.

The time from 12 pm - 4 you're not eating anything...most importantly you're not eating anything before you work out! get some carbs in before your work out!!!

Do you do a full body work out EVERYDAY? twice a day?

You just gotta clean your diet and get an exercise routine before you start.

paki123
05-25-2007, 01:39 PM
how long should i work out for? an hour? and i will add carbs. I will post and tell me if i need to bulk or lose weight. Thanks

ScottC
05-25-2007, 01:54 PM
how long should i work out for? an hour? and i will add carbs. I will post and tell me if i need to bulk or lose weight. Thanks
What don't you get? You have been told repeatedly to BULK.

YOU need to do A LOT of reading. You are obviously very new to this and if you don't have a clue you are going to possibly hurt yourself.

Here is a link to ALL the Beginner articles on the main site:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=BeginningBodybuildingBasics

ALL the Beginner workouts:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=BeginnerWorkoutPrograms

ALL articles on Mass Gain Diets:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=MassGainDiets

ALL articles on Pre & Post Workout Nutrition:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=PreandPostWorkoutNutrition

...NOW READ & LEARN! DO NOT ASK MORE QUESTIONS UNTIL YOU HAVE FINISHED READING!

Abz999
05-26-2007, 03:20 AM
paratha will make you get fat and it is not good for muscle building!

it is full of butter and flour 100% carbs and fat and salt! no good

do exactly what scott has said read up

paki123
05-27-2007, 08:02 AM
I have learned that i have to eat 3100 calories a day to bulk up.
Workout properley. One thing though. I can not seem to find a good clean bulk diet to work with.

paki123
05-27-2007, 09:02 AM
I do not know if its any better
Please critique.
Thanks to all who have critiqued me and hated me. i have learned

Diet and Body Routine:
Morning 7:00 wake up and check bodybuilding forums

7:30
Maybe a morning protein shake, nothing big. Maybe 1/2 - 1 scoop of protein with the appropriate amount of water 15-20 mins prior to this
HIIT
Starting Excersise(4 minutes+)

8am - breakfast
Some turkey bacon (good protein, low fat)
maybe some whole wheat toast carb.
2 eggs
Whey Powder Milk mix
1 banana
1 bottle of water
1 bowl of cheerios with 2% milk

12pm - lunch

Chicken breast
Turkey Slice
2 slices of whole wheat bread,
1 tbsp fat free mayo.
1 Green Tea

Preworkout Meal-
2 scoops of whey protein with Milk shake
1 turkey sandwich with wheat bread
(Carbs) help

3:15pm- 4:00 pm - workout
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
Dips for all days

Chest-
Barbell Bench Press
Barbell Incline Bench Press
Butterfly

Biceps-
Alternate Hammer Curl
Barbell Curl
Concentration Curls

Calves-
Calf Press On The Leg Press Machine
Calf Raises

Triceps-
Pushups- triceps

Forearm-
Cable wrists curl

Postworkout Meal-
1 ? - 2 scoops of whey protein shake
Cottage Cheese
(help)

2 slices of whole wheat bread
Lettuce
Turkey
Depends how big my meal at school was

Do sprints from a moderate jog (as if you're trying to fake out a CB by jogging and then breaking into a dead sprint to blow past him). I'd say easily do 10-20 sprints.~ Thundegut

"Sprints
You can include sprints various distances, such as forty yards, twenty yards, one hundred yards. You need to ease into the program with both the amount of sprints and the rest times between these. As you are new to this, you will be surprised at the fatigue this creates. But as you build up to it, you will handle it better and you'll make progress in your speed. ~ Football excersises from the bodybuilding articles

7pm ? dinner
Whatever my mom makes me. But I will be strict on fat and spicy foods. Make sure to eat healthy and massive also.

9pm - bed

ScottC
05-27-2007, 01:34 PM
One thing though. I can not seem to find a good clean bulk diet to work with.
How did you not find a mass gain diet? Here is a whole slew of articles:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=MassGainDiets

paki123
05-27-2007, 01:43 PM
i have found a new diet. thanks scottc but its all right. look at my football log

edawgz
05-29-2007, 08:47 PM
I do not know if its any better
Please critique.
Thanks to all who have critiqued me and hated me. i have learned

Diet and Body Routine:
Morning 7:00 wake up and check bodybuilding forums

7:30
Maybe a morning protein shake, nothing big. Maybe 1/2 - 1 scoop of protein with the appropriate amount of water 15-20 mins prior to this
HIIT
Starting Excersise(4 minutes+)

8am - breakfast
Some turkey bacon (good protein, low fat)
maybe some whole wheat toast carb.
2 eggs
Whey Powder Milk mix
1 banana
1 bottle of water
1 bowl of cheerios with 2% milk

12pm - lunch

Chicken breast
Turkey Slice
2 slices of whole wheat bread,
1 tbsp fat free mayo.
1 Green Tea

Preworkout Meal-
2 scoops of whey protein with Milk shake
1 turkey sandwich with wheat bread
(Carbs) help

3:15pm- 4:00 pm - workout
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
Dips for all days

Chest-
Barbell Bench Press
Barbell Incline Bench Press
Butterfly

Biceps-
Alternate Hammer Curl
Barbell Curl
Concentration Curls

Calves-
Calf Press On The Leg Press Machine
Calf Raises

Triceps-
Pushups- triceps

Forearm-
Cable wrists curl

Postworkout Meal-
1 ? - 2 scoops of whey protein shake
Cottage Cheese
(help)

2 slices of whole wheat bread
Lettuce
Turkey
Depends how big my meal at school was

~ Thundegut
~ Football excersises from the bodybuilding articles

7pm ? dinner
Whatever my mom makes me. But I will be strict on fat and spicy foods. Make sure to eat healthy and massive also.

9pm - bed

You lift everyday doing that same routine?

plus, Why do you run twice a day?

PS. Have you done this diet or work out yet? or how long have you been doing it?

paki123
05-30-2007, 07:02 AM
You lift everyday doing that same routine?

plus, Why do you run twice a day?

PS. Have you done this diet or work out yet? or how long have you been doing it?

i have a different diet and workout now. look at my log.