PDA

View Full Version : bulking: hard to plan the meals

xcom
06-12-2004, 07:17 PM
hi all, i need some help bulking. I just feel like im not eating the right foods, im eating to much sugar, although i do get my vitamins, protein , calories and such. I cheat to much. Basically im lacking a diet plan and im trying to write something up, if someone could help me out, maybe provide an example of their own diet? I cant even tell you what i eat because its so random, i just eat what i have in the house. I'm 5'10, ~162lbs, and i do weight train 3-4 days a week. I have seen slow gains but i know i could do better with a solid meal plan.

bulkin_ up
06-12-2004, 09:38 PM
First off i have to say what up to everyone on these boards, im new here but not to bodybuilding.
as for you diet and eating habits bro, dont make it complicated or nothing because its not. you want to bulk up you have to eat, sleep, train. eating is more important than training, so workout a nice routine after your new meal plan. i eat the same diet all the time that way i know the exact amount of calories im takin in. i base all my carb foods on brown rice and oatmeal, and as for sugar, only take it after a workout when your bodies glycogen is depleted and needs to be restored, simple sugars that people use are powdered gatorade or powerade, maltodextrin, pure dextrose. I would strongly recommend pure dextrose since it is glucose only in its purist form, you want to avoid fructose which is in gatarade. for my protein i use tuna,chicken, egg whites,and 100%whey. just keep it simple and you should be ok. here is a list for you off good carbs and protein to try and make a plan.
CARBS
oatmeal
brown rice
sweet potatoes
whole wheat pasta
100% whole wheat bread
yams
PROTEIN
tuna
chicken
salmon
turkey
eggs
pick the most afforable and make a plan bro.
Good luck

lucid
06-12-2004, 10:37 PM
here is my sample diet you can use, and adjust it for your own convinience.

xcom
06-13-2004, 08:00 AM
Thanks guys, i really like your meal plan, very organized. I get the idea now, thanks alot

BIGnaturalBROCK
06-13-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by lucid
here is my sample diet you can use, and adjust it for your own convinience.
where did you get you eggs calories break-down from, looks wrong, so u got 8 egg whites in there and 1 whole egg (9 egg whites + 1 yolk)
right ?
that doesnt make 35 protein grams, it does not make 4.5 fat grams, and it does not make 4 carb grams ?!!!!

xcom
06-13-2004, 03:52 PM
that is exactly what i pmed him a couple hours ago, i was wondering what the nutritional facts egg whites had compared to whole eggs

lucid
06-13-2004, 09:13 PM
well here.

a full egg has appx. 7g of protein. so if you seperate the yolk from it, it would only leave it with 3.5 grams becuase the other half is left at the yolk. at least thats what ive heard on these boards. correct me if im wrong. and a yolk contains most all of the fat.

j00tel
06-13-2004, 10:11 PM
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/stella9.htm