PDA

View Full Version : spices

Maximum6
06-09-2004, 03:14 PM
I was hoping to spice up my oatmeal and eggs in the morning.

Was wondering what condiments i can use. I read the articles on the site already..but none i really liked.

I was wondering ...Does Grounded Cinnamon have any nutritional facts ? as in health benefits and calories....

Black Pepper?

What other things can i add to eggwhite omelets that are SPICES not veggies or meats that can add flavor but not calories...or anything?

Thanks...

Nepenthe
06-09-2004, 03:17 PM
Look them up here: http://www.nutritiondata.com/index.html

taffer
06-09-2004, 03:50 PM
make some deviled eggs using paprika or curry powder :)

most spices are very good for you, containing alot of antioxidants, and good nutrients so dont be afraid of them! they are good for ya! :)

Maximum6
06-09-2004, 03:57 PM

I know Curry has calories...and i love curry....and since it is only that little bit of calorie i guess it doesn't matter.

What else..i'm very interested in condiments right now....
What can i add to my Oatmeal ...and no..i won't add peanut butter....its fats and Carbs right there...and i try to avoid that.

WreC
06-09-2004, 04:46 PM
splenda... cinnamin... cottage cheese...fruits...

jaymed
06-09-2004, 05:29 PM
For the eggs, how about salsa, tabasco sauce or fat free cheese?

For oatmeal, I've been using a spoonful of sugar free pudding mix and its made a world of difference. (somebody on the board suggested it for cottage cheese awhile back)

Maximum6
06-09-2004, 05:56 PM
Thanks for all your ideas..but i think i'll stick to Cinnamon..as it seems to have good dietary fiber and calcium and Iron in 1 TBSP!!

I 'll also get some curry powder to add to my chicken ...i used to eat alot of Japanese Curry Rice...so curry powder would have to do.

Now..how about a Pancake recipe using the things i eat in the morning. I usually eat 10 eggwhites, 1/2 cup oatmeal, and now i'll put in 1TPSP of Cinnamon grounded.

How do you think i should make the pancake...?
I never made pancakes before so..how should i go about using the above ingredients to make it? Advise would be appreciated...

thanks.