PDA

View Full Version : Your diet BEFORE you became enlightened?

Nepenthe
05-31-2004, 12:21 AM
xxghostxx gave me an idea for this thread from another thread. His comment:
Originally posted by xxghostxx
it's wierd to look back on how you used to eat and wonder how you ever did it. I know i enjoyed it for sure, i used to eat mac and cheese before bed almost every night and all day i'd eat mike and ikes and swedish fish candies. I don't eat fast food, but as late as last summer I had dreadful eating habits anyway. I used to be a mac n cheeser also. I'd take the whole Kraft box, add about a teaspoon of salt, four slices of American cheese, whole milk, and margarine, and eat the whole thing! That was after eight or ten hours without food. More:

--My spaghetti intake was impressive. I'd eat the white noodles, at least 5 ounces dry, and half a jar of the Prego Hearty Meatball Parmesean, plus a good half tablespoon of margarine on the noodles and a full cover of parmesean cheese. 1100 calories, easy.

--I could eat six bowls of Special K in one sitting, with whole milk for each refill. Goes fast. 1170 calories I think.

--My salads were awesome. Basically, I had lettuce with my ranch.

--When visiting my 'rents, I'd down a Godiva Chocolate Caramel Hearts pint over a two day period. 116 grams of sugar and 44 grams of satch fat. They own a medical clinic, and folks are always bringing them desserts, so I used to polish off whatever was on the counter or in the fridge -- cheesecake, pastry, cake, etc.

--My worst would be a whole package of Hamburger Helper Stroganoff (2000+ calories) or an enormous styrofoam container of sickly sweet sesame chicken (gotta be 3000 calories, not technically fast food and it was a while ago).

--Years ago, when I was extremely poor, I lived on ramen noodles. There was at least a month where six days out of seven I had nothing but three or sometimes four ramen noodles packages. They were 5 cents each on sale at Sack n Save back then.

Anyway, yah, it amazes me what I used to subsist on, and that I actually had energy, didn't develop cancer, and didn't get fat. Bloody moron.

Let's hear it. What did you used to eat?

brake
05-31-2004, 12:41 AM
hmmm i never used to eat much at all really, 1-2 meals a day, ALWAYS fast food, mc donalds, kebabs, kfc, hungry jacks whatever was closest and tastiest. and then after my gf broke up with me i was lucky to eat 1/2 a mc donalds cheeseburger a day for about three months... sometimes didnt eat at all during the day, then i didnt eat ANYTHING for a whole week, not a bite of food. thats when i openenededed my eyes and started lifting, now ive got a gut cuz i did the first three months of my "bulk" on fast foods :( which i regret alot, starting to really clean it up alot now.

taffer
05-31-2004, 12:52 AM
something like....

breakfast: none/toast/sugar cerial!
morning tea: choc jam dounut (damn they are good)
lunch: chips/chicken pita (with mayo), usually a 2 salad sandwiches, with meat sometimes
afternoon: coke/corn chips/ice cream
dinner: only proper dinner i had was pasta (lots of it) with tons of meat sauce and TONS of cheese, sometimes some chicken (skin-on) and rest of the times some quick food lying around the house (my mum doesnt cook that often, and i couldnt cook so i just made some quick crap)

i didnt eat that everyday, they are just samples of stuff i had at that time! but very unhealthy as you can see! healthiest meal was probly lunch, my mum made me sandwiches alot, which were ok, but i reckon i liked the choc-jam dounuts for $1 too much ;)

JnJ23
05-31-2004, 01:01 AM
My breakfast would usualy consist of like 3+ bowls of cereal
After school i would have about 3 cups of rice with tons of beef and some veggies
My snacks would be more cereal or sometimes cookies
My dinner would usually be more rice with meat, or sometimes i would eat a whole pizza.

Man after looking back at this sh*t, i was on a cheat day everyday! lol

j00tel
05-31-2004, 08:49 AM
Having lost over 100 lbs myself, here's a glimpse into a typical day in my old diet:

lots of soda, candy bars
several *large* bowls (as in mixing bowls) of cereal
fast food 1-2 times a day

I was the typical fat kid in high school. Isn't this the same story with a lot of people who become really fit in their 20's? I went from 250 lbs at 5'6" to having visible abs, I guess with some of us it's always one extreme or the other.

xxghostxx
05-31-2004, 09:56 AM
Nepenthe, glad I gave you an idea. To add to the list from which you quoted me earlier, my freshman year in college I lived off of store brand bagged cereal knock offs of apple jacks and honeycombs, then for lunch and dinner both, 1-2 packs of ramen noodles with 2-4 slices of toast to dip in the broth, and every few days a triple or quadruple decker peanut butter and jelly sandwich, I was also a pizza delivery guy which opened a window of opportunity to any extra pizza/pizaa sandwiches with as much extra cheese as I wished to put on it. I used to also drink this artificially sweetened juice because it was cheap, I probably drank about 2-3 giant glasses of this stuff a day, When I account for it now, the juice alone was more than 2/3 of my total daily bulking carbohydrate intake.

ballplaya24524
06-01-2004, 09:14 AM
my summer diet used to conist of
2 bowls ice cream breakfast some cookies browies snack ice cream luccnh and like pizza or hambuger at ngiht lol

wildturkey
06-01-2004, 09:41 AM
My old diet would have been something like this:

Breakfast: Nothing
Mid-Morning: Sandwich, packet of potato chips
Lunch: Sandwich/Bread roll, potato chips, soft drink
Mid Afternoon: Lamington, probably something else just as sugary
Dinner: Whatever was served up by Mummy (I live away from home because of uni now)
After Dinner: Icecream, fruit salad, cheescake

NOW I AM ENLIGHTENED!

Nick.

wildturkey
06-01-2004, 09:41 AM
My old diet would have been something like this:

Breakfast: Nothing
Mid-Morning: Sandwich, packet of potato chips
Lunch: Sandwich/Bread roll, potato chips, soft drink
Mid Afternoon: Lamington, probably something else just as sugary
Dinner: Whatever was served up by Mummy (I live away from home because of uni now)
After Dinner: Icecream, fruit salad, cheescake

NOW I AM ENLIGHTENED!

Nick.

liquidvet
06-01-2004, 10:04 AM
The worst part about my old diet is eating bad really late, sometimes my schedule just doesn't work out for early consumption. I am much better about this now though, and if I do eat late I moderate my portions. Plus it is far and few when I have any type of sugar or candy. This is one thing I have given up about 99%.

Photostic
06-01-2004, 10:19 AM
I would normally wake up at 6am, goto school without having eaten anything. Skip lunch at school and not get any kind of food into me until 3pm when I got home. A typical 3pm breakfast for me consisted of Italian or Chinese takeout or lots and lots of whatever was around the house. Icecream, spaghetti, cereal, Tortilla chips and salsa (yum). I would constantly eat from 3pm to bedtime.

cramron
06-01-2004, 10:19 AM
pop tarts for breakfast, no food at school cause i saved all my lunch money for gas money, so after like 10 hours without food id have moms garbage dinner, then right before bed maybe a soda and some butter sandwiches......only water i drank was at school and i drank like 5 sodas a day, the odd thing is i had a 6-pack all through high school and lost it when i did my first real bodybuilding bulker

MagicPunt
06-01-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by cramron
pop tarts for breakfast, no food at school cause i saved all my lunch money for gas money, so after like 10 hours without food id have moms garbage dinner, then right before bed maybe a soda and some butter sandwiches......only water i drank was at school and i drank like 5 sodas a day, the odd thing is i had a 6-pack all through high school and lost it when i did my first real bodybuilding bulker

u had a six pack cuz u were not eating nearly enough calories... did u have any muscle?

abs = absence of fat, not presence of muscle (more or less)

Vires
06-01-2004, 02:02 PM
Normally leftovers for breakfast or nothing,cherry coke and chex mix for lunch at 1sh, peanut butter crunch and a couple pepsis when I got home. Sometimes dinner sometimes not, those pepsis are filling! Like 2 cups of vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce and a crushed cookie. Ouch!

Graphite
06-01-2004, 02:27 PM
Hmmm

Heres my "diet" before I started to go on a real one..

Wake up have maybe 1-2 bowls of frosted flakes w/ milk with about half a cup of sugar and 2 cups of orange juice

school - nasty fatty foods and a soda and chocalate milk

come home have left overs or anything that is microwavable like poppers or pizza rolls 1 soda

dinner - w/e my mom cooks *grease* and 1-2 sodas

night - left overs from dinner or cook some food and maybe 1-2 sodas

i used to take in more then 5,000 calories.

max_Cady
06-01-2004, 02:33 PM
I was a lot heavier when i was at college a couple of years ago. A typical day would be as follows:
Breakfast: Cup of Tea
Lunch: McDonalds Quater pounder with cheeses meal + a cheeseburger i got for free for being a student :)
Next meal: Skip classes and head for the Pub. Play pool and drink maybe 6 pints of stella or so...
Dinner: Cant really remember...probably a spaghetti bolognase or something.

Some of my friends had exactly the same diet and didn't gain a pound. Lucky b$%^ards!

Brake, when u were eating fast food just like twice a day were you thin?

sidewinda
06-01-2004, 03:37 PM
I never had a BAD diet, really... family dinner time was important and my parents are good cooks, so dinner was always decent. A normal day:

6:30 - Breakfast - a couple bowls of sugar cereal, 2% milk
11:30 - Lunch - whatever they had at school, usually crap carbs
3:30 - Snack - crackers/granola bar and milk
6:00 - Dinner - some kind of lean meat, vegetables, dessert

It wasn't really that bad either... I was overweight but that's just because I didn't play any sports or do anything other than sit on my ass. I like my diet now much better - I get to eat so much more, so much more often, and I look and feel so much better :)