PDA

View Full Version : Gain muscle and lose fat

ostov
05-18-2007, 05:20 PM
Hi guys!
I was wondering if I could gain muscle by going high on carb and proteins on workout days, but cut out the carb on cardio days.
Is this the dumbest question ever or is there a way like this?
Thanks for serious answears (I just came from misc)

Cuchulainn
05-18-2007, 05:23 PM
O'rly? The Misc?

Seriously though. If you are first starting out you can gain muscle and lose fat. This typically is not the most efficient way to go about it and it is difficult to do and maintain for an extended period of time. Judging by your weight, 162 lbs, you should probably attempt a lean bulk.

ostov
05-18-2007, 05:54 PM
Yea, but I have never been a fan of the bulking part. Never liked the idea. Any other suggestion would be nice, but thanks anyway...
btw. I am 5,6 165lbs

Bobisnew
05-18-2007, 06:00 PM
you mean like carb cycling, it works reallly well if u do it write, i have never attempted it though, but its based on eating carbs on the day of and maybe before training days, training cardio may become very difficult in a carb depleted state i think this site has a section on carb cycling

if your a beg. you can gain mucle and lose fat, but if not then it will be VERY hard, stirctly cut or bulk, its your best bet don't do both at once, think of it of putting out a fire while still trying to keep it going...ok bad analogy but u get the idea

if u can't find info on here search on google "carb cycling"

djshortsleeve
05-18-2007, 06:06 PM
I suggest going within the Nutrition forum section and into the Keto section. The members in there have a wealth of knowledge about this. They will probably mention CKD or Cyclical Ketogenic Diet.