PDA

View Full Version : Lab Results

ForReals
05-17-2007, 04:19 PM
Hey everyone! :) I got my lab tests results back that I took a few weeks ago..I had a question about my the TSH with free T4 Reflex test..is that a thyroid test? Anyways my results are 2.32..is that High?

skinny buckeye
05-17-2007, 07:00 PM
Hey everyone! :) I got my lab tests results back that I took a few weeks ago..I had a question about my the TSH with free T4 Reflex test..is that a thyroid test? Anyways my results are 2.32..is that High?

thats Thyroid Test... normal range is 0.25 - 5.00 so you're right in the middle, which is good : )

grapemaster
05-17-2007, 07:07 PM
its fine... if your still paranoid get a free t3, free t4 test... but that is normal.

Jules Verne
05-18-2007, 04:40 AM
thats Thyroid Test... normal range is 0.25 - 5.00 so you're right in the middle, which is good : )

The normal range for TSH is BS - absolutely meaningless. You can easily be hypothyroid with a TSH above ~2. Many people will feel fine at 3-4, some, like my wife will feel bad above 1.5-2.

OP: If you have symptoms of hypothyroidism than you should definitely get the full thyroid pannel. If not, then it's fine.

Really you want a doc that will treat symptoms, not just numbers. Blood tests like this (as opposed to say a lipid pannel) should be used as a guide to confirm the cause of symptoms not as a stand-alone diagnosis. TSH can also vary quite a bit, especially if your thyroid is not working properly. How did you feel on the day of the test?