PDA

View Full Version : Bulking up in prison.

Jag21
05-17-2007, 02:58 PM
Now, I'm not going to prison, nor do I have any experience of it, so this is all speculation. However, consider the stereotypical tough inmate, the sort you see in films sitting in their cells lifting 80kg dumbells for hours a day, spending four years getting absolutely packed out

They could surely not be getting enough calories from what I assume is meagre food in prison. I doubt they get fed enough in the first place, let alone anywhere near enough good protein etc. Is the image entirely fictional, with even the largest people coming out skinnier than they go into prison?

BEQ one
05-17-2007, 03:06 PM
My dad told me that people in jail only do calisthenics in their jail cell. Pull ups pushups sit ups etc. He said they do that because the majority of the time they are in their cell and not outside. They are only out for like 1-2 hours. He also said that the people that do lift weights are in gangs that control the usage. I was under the impression that those dudes lift everyday(which I still believe). Maybe he's just speculating but I guess you would have to ask an inmate yourself.

Maybe the inmates take the meals from skinny guys Or maybe they're big from going in and out of jail so much and lifting weights. Who knows?

JiP
05-17-2007, 03:07 PM
Now, I'm not going to prison, nor do I have any experience of it, so this is all speculation. However, consider the stereotypical tough inmate, the sort you see in films sitting in their cells lifting 80kg dumbells for hours a day, spending four years getting absolutely packed out

They could surely not be getting enough calories from what I assume is meagre food in prison. I doubt they get fed enough in the first place, let alone anywhere near enough good protein etc. Is the image entirely fictional, with even the largest people coming out skinnier than they go into prison?

i have totally thought about this

BEQ one
05-17-2007, 03:08 PM
by the way... is this woman a natural bb? any extra testosterone or something?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UC2Reqisv5g

svtballa
05-17-2007, 03:12 PM
i already went through this so give me ur opionon

welllll let me say this and please dont judge me...bout 2 years ago i did 6 months in the local correctional prison. where naturally there is a weight room facility and ur only allowed to go there an hour a day..but the kicker is u are only alowaed 3 meals aday also which for the most part arent all that much protein manly carbs so u have energy throught the day like breakfast will be a bagel waffles pancakes and juice and such and luch and dinners consisteds mainly of pastas..i spoke with many inmates down the weight room and tons of them are ove 200lbs and there is absolutley no way the are getting 200 grams of protien maybe not even 100grams and these guys are huge and quite ripped? so if the theory was u neeed redicluious amounts of protein why are they able to get like that and maintain there muscle with such little ammounts??????? please enlighten me..and im not talkin 1 or 2 guys im talkin more like 40 all not coming near there body weight in grams of protein but still huge?

svtballa
05-17-2007, 03:13 PM
teh might take in 1500-2500 calls max and for some one 250lbs thats not enough toi maintain when workin out an hour a day..like u said there claim to fame beleive it or not was sleep and push ups i mean these dudes could do like 300 in one sittin and did them constantly

TheKansan
05-17-2007, 03:17 PM

I think they get enough food. I know here in Kansas prisoners are required to get at least 2700 calories a day. Not usually enough for a bulk, but then again, their lifestyle is pretty sedentary. The few people I personally know who spent time in prison were ripped. They told me they worked out as much as possible because there was little else to do. I suppose if you did no cardio, ate 2700 calories a day and lifted 5x a week, you would probably cut fat like no ones business.

cal62887
05-17-2007, 03:18 PM
now were they big to begin with before entering prison? that might be one reason, the other might be how high testosterone levels are in prison...They also have a lot of rest time, i'm assuming. I also remember reading about a reward system where they can purchase creatines and proteins but ii'm not sure. One last thought might be that since inmates can smuggle drugs in, why not steroids? is it possible to get roids in prison?

These are just my random thoughts on the subject and mainly come from watching OZ on HBO

TheKansan
05-17-2007, 03:21 PM
The fact that you can put on massive amounts of muscle with low protein intake, no supplements, eating 3 meals a day at a caloric deficit, is something that would blow the mind of anyone on this website. Yet people in prison do it.

JiP
05-17-2007, 03:25 PM
The fact that you can put on massive amounts of muscle with low protein intake, no supplements, eating 3 meals a day at a caloric deficit, is something that would blow the mind of anyone on this website. Yet people in prison do it.

um, clearly they don't.

danstjohn
05-17-2007, 03:58 PM
It really depends on what facility you're at. Lots of jails/prisons have a store where inmates can go once a week and purchase pretty much anything you would find at a mini mart. A few years back I got into trouble in NYC and spent 40 days at Rikers Island. Long story but the case was eventually thrown out but it was a major ordeal for me. We went to the store once a week and I could get as much stuff as I wanted. We'd always stock up on peanut butter, tuna, canned salmon, ramen noodles, beef sticks, etc..

Although the problem is most new inmates are extorted by the local gangs there or just have their stuff flat out stolen. I had 40$ worth of crap taken from me and there was NOTHING I could do about it. I heard most prisons in upstate NY were similar. I wasn't in max security so I'm not sure if it's different in max, I'd assume so.

The only thing we had was a place called the Yard which was just a track, 2 bball courts, handball courts and a small area with ONE bench and some dip/pullup bars. We got about an hour once a day but most people did their exercise in the jail area. The food alone is not enough to do anything. It's probably like 1400-1800 calories a day and a lot of people hardly eat the breakfast or skip it completely on certain days.

BEQ one
05-17-2007, 04:02 PM
Maybe by just doing calisthenics they get big and ripped?

stEam_B()at
05-17-2007, 04:33 PM
tons of roids in prison...known fact!

exnihillo
05-17-2007, 04:55 PM
I gained 30 pounds while in prison..There is tons of tuna and peanutbutter..You can buy protien powder from commisary...The meals they serve you are healthy plus you can buy or trade for the extra..Som prisons I got an hour on the weights other prisons I got more outside time...it depended where you were...

You can live one of the most healthiest lifestyles in prison because there is not all the temptations...

kazuma
05-17-2007, 05:10 PM
In the 80's, when I was a young kid, my family would visit this guy who was in max security for many years. His upper body was ripped while his lower body was small (He looked like those bodybuilders that don't workout their legs).

So, in any case, he probably was in prison for 8ish or more years. This would rule out the explanation that people are big because they go into prison big. This clearly could not the case for him. I'm not sure how big he was when he first went to prison, but he surely wasn't losing weight. If anything I think he was gaining lean muscle over the years of our visits.

jdominic6
05-17-2007, 05:16 PM
His upper body was ripped while his lower body was small (He looked like those bodybuilders that don't workout their legs).

The correct term is a Bar Body, and they are worthless. (not your family's friend...just those people in general.)